SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

I am thinking of asking my brother in England to surface mail me some cans of PJ1 Satin Black paint ( PJ1 116 SAT).

I need to do something with the shite paint job that Triumph did on the crank cases and cylinder block of my bike. :(

I,m not the only one here I know. Every used Street and Speed I have seen at Mah suffer from the same bubbling ( wrinkle ) finish on the cylinder block and upper crank case. I asked about it there also and the reply I was given is that "they are all like that, the speed is worse!" and from what I,ve seen ----they all suffer the same.

Anyway, I don't like to look at it as I think my bike is the dogs bollocks .The bike and the hard work I put in to buy it cash, deserve better.

So.

As mail order places won't despatch areosols ( because of airplane saftey) and having searched around Singapore without success ( got close at Chong Aik ((?)) ) on Desker Road, I can't find any PJ1 Satin Black.

Does anyone else want some? I,m going to ask my bro to surface post 4 cans.

Forever the Foreigner

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not too sure, I'll find out. I buy Streetfighters magazine and there are heaps of bikes in it which the owners/builders have used this paint on the engine. The finish looks good and very similar to the Triumph paint.

Forever the Foreigner

This paint is available from Chong Aik (?) but is matt black ( 500 degrees centigrade ) as well as a " crinkle finish " paint for casings.

I'm wanting to achieve the same finish as standard on the casings.

I did ask about them importing some of the Satin Black but the guy seemed uninterested and told me it would take 6 months.

Forever the Foreigner

Hi fellas... Got my Tiger 800 early this month.Didn't know there was another triple thread in here.Met a couple of triple riders otr.Hoping to learn more about this unique triple machines and meet u guys for rides and stuff.Cheers!

Yamaha TZM 150

Suzuki DRZ 400

Honda CB 400

Yamaha FZ 1

Yamaha TDM 900

Triumph Tiger 800

Smoother than a twin and more characterful than a four and not forgetting that lovely whistly fruity soundtrack:thumb:

Other then Mah motors, which other bike shop is recommended for Triumph in terms of service, parts, accessories?

So far i am please with their service, just want to expand other options.

You can try Unique or Sportings... Both at kaki bukit autobay...

Hi fellas... Got my Tiger 800 early this month.Didn't know there was another triple thread in here.Met a couple of triple riders otr.Hoping to learn more about this unique triple machines and meet u guys for rides and stuff.Cheers!

Bro...I guess you gotta wait for your hugger,received an email from them saying they only starting producing tiger 800 products mid april.even now my shipment will be sent out next tuesday as im waiting for rad /oil cooler guards for the multistrada and 1098s.

ok la ah?

cheers

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/Sepangmotogp.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/aprilia1st.jpg

Personified Motosports..Dealer for R&G Racing Products

Call 97978686

Visit Personified Motosports Facebook for More Motorcycle Madness

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001193148916

I passed a White Street with standard silencers, on Lornie Road about 6.50 pm Wednesday 23rd.

Cheers mate, ditch the standard cans.

I was the guy on the Graphite street riding like a twat...as usual ( I blame it on the bike Ociffer).

Forever the Foreigner

Bro...I guess you gotta wait for your hugger,received an email from them saying they only starting producing tiger 800 products mid april.even now my shipment will be sent out next tuesday as im waiting for rad /oil cooler guards for the multistrada and 1098s.

ok la ah?

cheers

No prob...:)

Yamaha TZM 150

Suzuki DRZ 400

Honda CB 400

Yamaha FZ 1

Yamaha TDM 900

Triumph Tiger 800

Smoother than a twin and more characterful than a four and not forgetting that lovely whistly fruity soundtrack:thumb:

I discovered I actually have a set of Speed Triple Crash Protectors from the last shipment..wanted a Street Triple CP but this was sent instead.

Selling the set for SGP$280 only

here's the pix,it comes with a CNC bracket unlike the other brands which is just bolt onto the frame,I've seen alternative brands sliders breaking off during a fall

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/RGSPEEDCP.jpg

Edited by personified

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/Sepangmotogp.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/aprilia1st.jpg

Personified Motosports..Dealer for R&G Racing Products

Call 97978686

Visit Personified Motosports Facebook for More Motorcycle Madness

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001193148916

Just had a sprint with a white Lamborghini.

The tail spoiler popped up on the back of it and it just , well, buggered off.....very quickly, and I wasn;t exactly hanging about.

So to confirm, a Street Triple is no match for a Lamorghini super car, good grief it was fast.

But there is no contest in traffic though>>>

Edited by crazytown

Forever the Foreigner

The tail spoiler popped up on the back of it and it just , well, buggered off.....very quickly, and I wasn;t exactly hanging about.

So to confirm, a Street Triple is no match for a Lamorghini super car, good grief it was fast.

The street is where your strength lies hence e name, Street Triple but out in e open roads, that insane 4 wheeled monster(Lambo GENIE) munches everything in it's path.You would prolly wanna outsprint an STI, Evo or Fairlady next time...:angel:

Yamaha TZM 150

Suzuki DRZ 400

Honda CB 400

Yamaha FZ 1

Yamaha TDM 900

Triumph Tiger 800

Actually... i think our bikes may win.. thats if you have the balls to ride it..

Cos i remembered our bike 0-400m sprint is ard 10.3s, while the Lambo is ard 11.0 s

But on a rolling start we loose steam after 190kmh while the lambo can do 290 without missing a beat..

Balls ?

This was Dunearn Road not Santa Pod. Rolling start it was due to traffic from some lights, then empty road. I was behind it in the traffic.

To confirm, now I know the car was a Lamborgini Murcielago as identified by the electric pop up rear spoiler, they are about 630 bhp.

I am not talking 0-60, far faster. Officer. If my bike was a Gixer 1000 then it would be a different story, but a Gixer 1000 in the endless streams of traffic I ride in daily would be as boring as reading your post 100 times a day.

If you think you've got the balls, sorry, fast enought. Find one and have a go then post here. Nothing to do with balls matey, horses more like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Murci%C3%A9lago

Just had a heads up with a White Speed rider on Pasir Panjang Road, on the road to the passenger ferry......cool bike mate and like the helmet

Edited by crazytown

Forever the Foreigner

Balls ?

This was Dunearn Road not Santa Pod. Rolling start it was due to traffic from some lights, then empty road. I was behind it in the traffic.

To confirm, now I know the car was a Lamborgini Murcielago as identified by the electric pop up rear spoiler, they are about 630 bhp.

I am not talking 0-60, far faster. Officer. If my bike was a Gixer 1000 then it would be a different story, but a Gixer 1000 in the endless streams of traffic I ride in daily would be as boring as reading your post 100 times a day.

If you think you've got the balls, sorry, fast enought. Find one and have a go then post here. Nothing to do with balls matey, horses more like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Murci%C3%A9lago

Just had a heads up with a White Speed rider on Pasir Panjang Road, on the road to the passenger ferry......cool bike mate and like the helmet

Still laughing, very funny... I've just got back from UK where I had the pleasure of a brief drive of a tricked out 600hp Nissan GTR....I was like a three year old with a large bag of sweets. Absolutely no doubt it would have completely nailed my Speedy....good god it was fun sir!! .....and for those who are about to scold me, yes, I know this is a bike forum :-)

....meanwhile I get home yesterday to find my Speedy has wet itself with a significant oil puddle under the sump and to top it off almost zero coolant left in the coolant reservoir......definitely NOT a happy bunny (especially surprising seeing its not dropped so much as a dribble until now and then goes and completely soils itself.) gonna have to take it down to Mah's and have em look at the sump gasket/other.

Edited by Brucey

Sorry to hear about your bike Brucey, most upsetting. It will be under warranty but still not good. Please keep us posted about what the feedback is. I would arrange for them to collect it mate as it don't sound like you should start it up. They should pay.

My Street has developed a small oil leak from somewhere behind the gearbox sprocket cover. It will go for service soon which includes valve adjustment, 1000km short of the recommended 18,000km service. Apart from that its still the dogs bollocks. Trounced by a Lambo or not.

I watched the WSBK round from Donnington in the UK on Sunday on the tv, my it looked cold there.

Forever the Foreigner

As said in my post.. rolling start or moving speed are a different story.. i dun think any of the triumph bikes can ever come close..

I know what i am talking abt since i street race against them along orchard road with my humble nissan..

Do i need to post about it...? Nah... horses i have.. balls i dun.. go figure.

but u probably find it boring reading after 10x.