SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

Thanx for the info bro. Just collected my bike and happen to meet another fellow ST rider with Zard Slip-On. Sounds pretty good too! Will probably go with that since that is the most fuss free exhaust (LTA friendly). Also saw a 2011 Speed Triple (should be mdsrezal's bike?) and another STR Matt Graphite. Looks like a lot of ppl are buying Triumph but hardly see any otr.... :)

Where do you guys usually go to buy your parts and accessories? I'm sure I can get most of the things from Mah, but if I want other alternatives, are there any? Went to a few bike shops after I collected my bike but nobody seems to be carrying Triumph stuff.... :(

Anyway, is there any real need to go back to Mah to do our servicing? Or most bike shop would be able to handle our bike? I'm asking cuz when i was riding the harley, some bike shops don't do harley even though they have the know-how cuz they dun have inches tools. Just wondering if our triumph need any special skills/tools to tear apart.... :D

Zards are nice but the Arrows are even nicer :)

but to each, his own.

U dont see many on the street as they are nicely polished and displayed in their living rooms

Part & accessories, if genuine ones, u can go thru Mah to save u shipping issues should u receive the wrong item.

But u can easily find something online for less, alot less sometimes.

No special tools necessary other than the Game boy diagnostic kit which can easily be replaced by a laptop and 3rd party software which will do alot more than the useless game boy.

The bike's shocks, ecu, brakes, wheels are all jap. I have never serviced my triumph at mah due to various reasons such as excessive wait time, limited oil selection, high price & low care of your bike.

Good luck & enjoy! :)

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My full system arrow is not in my living room for sure, Brucey did get his twin arrow slip on recently too.

So far no issues of being pulled aside by the cops yet.. And my story to them be as many rats on arrow would say, " the bike came with the arrow and if u dun believe see the name triumph name embossed on it" and when it's time for inspection after 3years just go back to Eugene and he'll help you sort it out.

~Known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~

My full system arrow is not in my living room for sure, Brucey did get his twin arrow slip on recently too.

So far no issues of being pulled aside by the cops yet.. And my story to them be as many rats on arrow would say, " the bike came with the arrow and if u dun believe see the name triumph name embossed on it" and when it's time for inspection after 3years just go back to Eugene and he'll help you sort it out.

Thanx for the info bro. Just collected my bike and happen to meet another fellow ST rider with Zard Slip-On. Sounds pretty good too! Will probably go with that since that is the most fuss free exhaust (LTA friendly). Also saw a 2011 Speed Triple (should be mdsrezal's bike?) and another STR Matt Graphite. Looks like a lot of ppl are buying Triumph but hardly see any otr.... :)

Where do you guys usually go to buy your parts and accessories? I'm sure I can get most of the things from Mah, but if I want other alternatives, are there any? Went to a few bike shops after I collected my bike but nobody seems to be carrying Triumph stuff.... :(

Anyway, is there any real need to go back to Mah to do our servicing? Or most bike shop would be able to handle our bike? I'm asking cuz when i was riding the harley, some bike shops don't do harley even though they have the know-how cuz they dun have inches tools. Just wondering if our triumph need any special skills/tools to tear apart.... :D

Hey friedfishz,

I don't really know the Street but my Speed Triple is held together with lots of Torx screws. If you get a set of Torx keys to go with your regular tools you will be in good shape - try for a Torx T-40 1/4" drive socket if you can get it.

I have an Abba Superbike Stand that picks my bike up by it's swingarm pivots (pic attached). Works great (see video on their website) but the shipping from the UK costs about as much as the stand.

http://www.s-boxer.de/photoplog/images/9335/large/1_R1200S-14.jpg

The bike's shocks, ecu, brakes, wheels are all jap. I have never serviced my triumph at mah due to various reasons such as excessive wait time, limited oil selection, high price & low care of your bike.

Good luck & enjoy! :)

In that case, I know where I will go to service my bike :thumb:

Can you guys also share you experience in running-in the street triple?

At what interval should I send it in for oil change initially? And at what mileage can I start to use fully-syn oil?

I was thinking of the following:

500km - Mineral

1600km - Mineral

5000km - Fully Syn

That is based on my previous bike's running-in instruction. Not too sure if it will work for triumph?

Thanx all for the valuable inputs. See you guys on the road! :D

Edited by hit.man

I had a awesome ride on my new speed triple. my bike running-in instruction as per manual is at first 800km change engine oil then service at every 10,000km interval.

glad u already having fun on ur new triple. pics be nice

pmed u

At what interval should I send it in for oil change initially? And at what mileage can I start to use fully-syn oil?

500km - Mineral

1600km - Mineral

5000km - Fully Syn

That is based on my previous bike's running-in instruction. Not too sure if it will work for triumph?

Oil change intervals, manufacturer's guidelines can always be used as rule of thumb.

Personal preference is semi-syn for 250km, 500km, 1000km, 2500km, 5000km

After 5000km mark, fully-syn, every 5000km.

Oil filter is changed at every oil change.

They go their own way.

Oil change intervals, manufacturer's guidelines can always be used as rule of thumb.

Personal preference is semi-syn for 250km, 500km, 1000km, 2500km, 5000km

After 5000km mark, fully-syn, every 5000km.

Oil filter is changed at every oil change.

Oh you use semi-syn straight away? would it be too good for the engine to run in?

I had a awesome ride on my new speed triple. my bike running-in instruction as per manual is at first 800km change engine oil then service at every 10,000km interval.

Congrats on your new ride! I am already having much fun with the street triple. I bet you are having double the fun with the speed triple! :thumb:

Oh you use semi-syn straight away? would it be too good for the engine to run in?

To decide between semi or mineral oil will be based on the kinematic visocity of the the oil at 50 degrees, max pour point in summer quality, lubricity, wear scar diameter and the rpm shift limit at the particular stage the bike is in.

They go their own way.

500km - Mineral

1600km - Mineral

5000km - Fully Syn

Conrats on your new STR. I bet you are having a great time riding like when i had mine 6mths ago...

The bike is really really very powerful, you will easily keep up and most 1000cc sports bike.. and the best is curising @ 90kmh you can stay in 6th gear!! not like the duc which need to be on 4th max.. if not they start to rock.. :D

Anyway, there is alot of parts that you can buy online. There are quite a few shops in UK and US that sell accessories like CF huggers/head cowl/seal cowl/ pan etc. You can get sliders from motovation/RG/GBR etc or spend a bit more and get the rizoma like i did.

As for oil change, i did not really follow the run in procedure, simply becos how can you wait till you open her up before 1000km????!!!

I did a soft run in till 350km and i change the oils and i rev her up steadily to ard 8k rpm.. it is damn awesome, especially with the Zard.

With most engines being built the way they are, run in the old school way is really just precautionary more then anything else..

You should join us for a meet up and some riding together!

Conrats on your new STR. I bet you are having a great time riding like when i had mine 6mths ago...

The bike is really really very powerful, you will easily keep up and most 1000cc sports bike.. and the best is curising @ 90kmh you can stay in 6th gear!! not like the duc which need to be on 4th max.. if not they start to rock.. :D

Anyway, there is alot of parts that you can buy online. There are quite a few shops in UK and US that sell accessories like CF huggers/head cowl/seal cowl/ pan etc. You can get sliders from motovation/RG/GBR etc or spend a bit more and get the rizoma like i did.

As for oil change, i did not really follow the run in procedure, simply becos how can you wait till you open her up before 1000km????!!!

I did a soft run in till 350km and i change the oils and i rev her up steadily to ard 8k rpm.. it is damn awesome, especially with the Zard.

With most engines being built the way they are, run in the old school way is really just precautionary more then anything else..

You should join us for a meet up and some riding together!

hahaha... I know exactly what you mean about the run-in... I am thinking of changing oil at 500km. Its really a pain to ride gently on the STR. Trying not to rev over 5k rpm is really tough! Managed to clock another 100km today, hopefully can finish running in soon... :) Anyway, where do you service your bike? Are the triumph oil filters similar to jap bike ones?

Do you have any website to recommend for buying STR stuff? Tried ebay but doesnt seem to have alot of variety... or maybe I used the wrong keywords? :D

Most likely gonna change to Zard after the run-in... or maybe Arrow Slip-on... still deciding..

Will definitely join you guys for rides if there are any! :thumb:

Edited by hit.man

hahaha... I know exactly what you mean about the run-in... I am thinking of changing oil at 500km. Its really a pain to ride gently on the STR. Trying not to rev over 5k rpm is really tough! Managed to clock another 100km today, hopefully can finish running in soon... :) Anyway, where do you service your bike? Are the triumph oil filters similar to jap bike ones?

Do you have any website to recommend for buying STR stuff? Tried ebay but doesnt seem to have alot of variety... or maybe I used the wrong keywords? :D

Most likely gonna change to Zard after the run-in... or maybe Arrow Slip-on... still deciding..

Will definitely join you guys for rides if there are any! :thumb:

I service my bike with Unquie motorsport at autobay since its very close to my place. Or you can try sporting which is next door to unquie.

I get most of my stuff from the shops or ask them to order for me. The price is almost the same if you factor in shipping.

So far i got my levers from a guy in the 675.net forum, the rest i pretty much order with the bike through Mah..

I have the Zard on, so you can have a listen before you decide if you like. I heard from another member that they are making Termis for STR and shld be out this few months.. maybe another consideration. Or if you are feeling rich, maybe an Arkra would do too.. :D

Sorry i lost the links to those sites, but go to 675.net and you should be find plenty of recommendations there..