SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2008

RustyStar

but then again, im looking towards buying a good sportsbike that will last me some time(about 4-7 years) until i can afford to buy my own class 2 bike.

By that time i think you should get yourself a car.Why?-cause think of it, you are paying almost same amount of instalment every month and another thing is waterproof,you won't be soaking wet even when it rains.:rolleyes: Got the point?

Go Slow,Move wth D'Flow:thumb:Viruz66

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By that time i think you should get yourself a car.Why?-cause think of it, you are paying almost same amount of instalment every month and another thing is waterproof,you won't be soaking wet even when it rains.:rolleyes: Got the point?

Driving will never beat riding in terms of thrill, fun and the wind in your face. It is only about the rain - that's all. :sweat:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Driving will never beat riding in terms of thrill, fun and the wind in your face. It is only about the rain - that's all. :sweat:

true.. if really i wanna get a car, a weekend car will do. those cheap2 budget don't mind. but bike is different. must go for the power!! hehe.. passion for riding is burning. but sometimes, when i think using my head, it's very impractical riding a class 2 bike on singapore roads. but then again, the desire is ever burning... sigh.. i just asked new southern motors about the pricing. $10.9k OTR minus insurance. plus my insurance of 1.1k will be about $12k flat. oh well... kawa ninja 250 is just another option.

true.. if really i wanna get a car, a weekend car will do. those cheap2 budget don't mind. but bike is different. must go for the power!! hehe.. passion for riding is burning. but sometimes, when i think using my head, it's very impractical riding a class 2 bike on singapore roads. but then again, the desire is ever burning... sigh.. i just asked new southern motors about the pricing. $10.9k OTR minus insurance. plus my insurance of 1.1k will be about $12k flat. oh well... kawa ninja 250 is just another option.

Not forgetting kawa parts are ex and hard to get most of the time... Still there are 3 other brands to choose for jap bikes - honda, yamaha and suzuki... :angel:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Btw...the bike is about $7.5k machine price.

where you get 7.5k machine price?

Not forgetting kawa parts are ex and hard to get most of the time... Still there are 3 other brands to choose for jap bikes - honda, yamaha and suzuki... :angel:

honda got what bike seh? i don't really like cbr 125. as for class 2A, they have good but old bikes. and suzuki, i not too sure when their gsx 125 will come to singapore and how fast or good it will be.

honda got what bike seh? i don't really like cbr 125. as for class 2A, they have good but old bikes. and suzuki, i not too sure when their gsx 125 will come to singapore and how fast or good it will be.

R u talking 2B bikes now?

How time flies...

Yeah! you can have fun and the thrill bro,but not on the road, on the track that's what i do.Btw don't forget the pain and the agony when you fall.Ride safely bro!:thumb:

yeah... cos all the new bikes are in class 2b bikes. not much variety of new class 2a sportsbike except for kawa ninja 250. sighh....

Sad to say... ya, not a single one launch recently except for the S4 REVO or the GSR (not so new anymore).

How time flies...

Yeah! you can have fun and the thrill bro,but not on the road, on the track that's what i do.Btw don't forget the pain and the agony when you fall.Ride safely bro!:thumb:

Fun and thrill is how u define them in a safe way. While riding at 100kmh on the highway, to me is already fun and thrilling. The wind on the body makes me thrill... :angel:

How time flies...

Fun and thrill is how u define them in a safe way. While riding at 100kmh on the highway, to me is already fun and thrilling. The wind on the body makes me thrill... :angel:

That's totally different fun and thrilling.Riding on the highway wth a lots of other vehicle besides you,Fun? i dont think so:slapforehead:

That's totally different fun and thrilling.Riding on the highway wth a lots of other vehicle besides you,Fun? i dont think so:slapforehead:

well... it's fun to ride on a bike. either on track or on road. period.

anyway, was advised against getting this kawasaki ninja. 2 main reasons are parts are expensive and hard to get and the other is 250cc is middle of nowhere. sigh...

Individual preference... :)

How time flies...

well... it's fun to ride on a bike. either on track or on road. period.

anyway, was advised against getting this kawasaki ninja. 2 main reasons are parts are expensive and hard to get and the other is 250cc is middle of nowhere. sigh...

Maximise your 2A licence has always been my objective. :angel:

How time flies...

• 2 weeks later...

outrun perhaps. but i'm looking for a nice looking bike, with enough power to go at 150km/hr. no need so fast. a bike that's quite torque-y. and perhaps with good fuel consumption for a bike this good. cos i intend to get a bike that's similar in scale to r6 or zx-6 but with cheaper maintenance, fuel consumption, lower power & torque. and i find kawasaki ninja 250 is the closest to it. with machine price at 8k, it's quite affordable. maintaining it will be much more cheaper than a litre bike. having good handling is what i really like about a bike. got any other options?

Hmm.. At the end of the day, it's all down to whether u like the bike not? Frankly speaking, i have had an urge to change to the ninja 250R when it's launched. Just couldnt find the spare cash.

On the Technical side, the parallel twin engine is definitely more fuel saving than the average 2a bikes u see on the road nowadays. Power wise should be better than single cylinder. Riding posture is more up-right than the low bending u usually see on class 2 sport bikes. Tire sizes are 110 front and 140 rear if i'm not mistaken. Looks kinda small for it's big size from my POV.

Few months back i asked at albert. quoted me 8.5k OTR w/o insurance. Definitely a good budget sports bike.

Sports bike in the 2A class, think only the ninja 250R. Excluding all the more than 10 yrs old Honda CBR400RR , Suzuki GSX-R400, Yamaha TZR250/400 and Kawasaki Ninja400 of course.

:cheeky::cheeky:

Hmm.. At the end of the day, it's all down to whether u like the bike not? Frankly speaking, i have had an urge to change to the ninja 250R when it's launched. Just couldnt find the spare cash.

On the Technical side, the parallel twin engine is definitely more fuel saving than the average 2a bikes u see on the road nowadays. Power wise should be better than single cylinder. Riding posture is more up-right than the low bending u usually see on class 2 sport bikes. Tire sizes are 110 front and 140 rear if i'm not mistaken. Looks kinda small for it's big size from my POV.

Few months back i asked at albert. quoted me 8.5k OTR w/o insurance. Definitely a good budget sports bike.

Sports bike in the 2A class, think only the ninja 250R. Excluding all the more than 10 yrs old Honda CBR400RR , Suzuki GSX-R400, Yamaha TZR250/400 and Kawasaki Ninja400 of course.

yeah.. those were my thoughts also. after trimming down all, i'm left with only kawasaki ninja 250 as the best option. i do like it. just wanna make sure it's the best option after a reality check. if go by looks, i will go for r125 hands down but at 15k, it's too expensive for a bike that has not much power. all i need is some review by kawasaki ninja 250 riders. saw a few otr before. was tempted to ask them for a review. hahaha...

yeah.. those were my thoughts also. after trimming down all, i'm left with only kawasaki ninja 250 as the best option. i do like it. just wanna make sure it's the best option after a reality check. if go by looks, i will go for r125 hands down but at 15k, it's too expensive for a bike that has not much power. all i need is some review by kawasaki ninja 250 riders. saw a few otr before. was tempted to ask them for a review. hahaha...

well... if u dun plan to change to class 2 in 2years time after getting the Ninja 250R.. By all means go ahead :cheeky:

:cheeky::cheeky:

15k is expensive,but think of it you are buying a quality bike not quantity.Brembo brake, high rev engine just compare it.Think further 15k is a one time price but maintenance,rd tx and insurance is the main factor year after year the birthday comes.:confused:Just remember if it got's a look,the price doesn't come cheaper.