SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2008

RustyStar

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a close up with kawa lime green 250 today... power sia...

I saw it at looi's when pay my installment..

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

today i go to jalan besar, but no one shop sell the pilot jet for this bike (ninja 250R).

where can i buy it?

Thank's

Do you often go to Malaysia or have contacts with their bikers? Can try there. Kawa is big in Malaysia and Kawasaki Motors Malaysia even have their own website. I think Kawa superbikes in KL outnumber their Honda and Suzuki counterparts. So do not listen to people who claimed that Kawa are problematics and parts are hard to find.

• 4 weeks later...

MCN review on Kawasaki Ninja 250 and Hyosung GT250R

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

• 4 weeks later...

should be like normal 4 stroke sportsbike la. only that 1.9l of engine oil. and 2 spark plugs. so, it's like half of super 4. as for wear and tear parts, should be like normal la. the type of brake pads or the brand and size of tyres you use will affect the cost. if it's a 4 stroke bike, maintenance will always be cheap. ;)

at loois motor, the price is 11.6k OTR. at bt merah, the shop besides albert is selling at 11.5k(w/o insurance and IU unit)

view here for more info on kawa ninja 250. if you wanna ask for power from this bike, it's better if you get a 2nd hand 600s instead for the same price.

Edited by firefox87

should be like normal 4 stroke sportsbike la. only that 1.9l of engine oil. and 2 spark plugs. so, it's like half of super 4. as for wear and tear parts, should be like normal la. the type of brake pads or the brand and size of tyres you use will affect the cost. if it's a 4 stroke bike, maintenance will always be cheap. ;)

at loois motor, the price is 11.6k OTR. at bt merah, the shop besides albert is selling at 11.5k(w/o insurance and IU unit)

view here for more info on kawa ninja 250. if you wanna ask for power from this bike, it's better if you get a 2nd hand 600s instead for the same price.

Maintaining a 2-stroke may not be as expensive as you think. Used to own a TZR250, not an expensive bike to maintain la.

:cheers:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

alamak bro! if you think i'm narrow-minded, im sorry i have implied in that manner. i'm not downtrodding on 2 strokes la. but obviously, both 2 strokes and 4 strokes have their own individual pros and cons. 4 strokes cheaper to maintain but 2 strokes more powerful. actually, any bike is cheap to maintain, just a question of how strictly you adhere to the maintenance guide and what kind or quality of parts you always change to.

for a 2 stroker, you always need to keep in mind the valve clearance, frequent pipe decarbonizing, the extra 2T, the extreme fuel consumption rate and the most irritating part, ensuring your 2T pump don't run too lean or too rich. for 4 stroker, the most irritating part is ensuring your engine oil is always enough as that's the only thing lubricating your engine.

my perception of 2 strokes are like cavemen with superb brute strength while 4 strokes are like gentlemen with refined quality. to add on to this, kawasaki ninja has a claimed 25km/l fuel consumption to a tested of 22km/l fuel consumption. anyone have own this bike? i know that there's a lot already on the road. but anyone can give an experience review based on singapore settings? from the internet, it all seems good but need to someone to validate on this.

alamak bro! if you think i'm narrow-minded, im sorry i have implied in that manner. i'm not downtrodding on 2 strokes la. but obviously, both 2 strokes and 4 strokes have their own individual pros and cons. 4 strokes cheaper to maintain but 2 strokes more powerful. actually, any bike is cheap to maintain, just a question of how strictly you adhere to the maintenance guide and what kind or quality of parts you always change to.

for a 2 stroker, you always need to keep in mind the valve clearance, frequent pipe decarbonizing, the extra 2T, the extreme fuel consumption rate and the most irritating part, ensuring your 2T pump don't run too lean or too rich. for 4 stroker, the most irritating part is ensuring your engine oil is always enough as that's the only thing lubricating your engine.

my perception of 2 strokes are like cavemen with superb brute strength while 4 strokes are like gentlemen with refined quality. to add on to this, kawasaki ninja has a claimed 25km/l fuel consumption to a tested of 22km/l fuel consumption. anyone have own this bike? i know that there's a lot already on the road. but anyone can give an experience review based on singapore settings? from the internet, it all seems good but need to someone to validate on this.

Don't have to apologise, dude. Again, if you have been in forum long enough, you would know that a forum is a place without faces.

To what you said about valve clearance, etc, etc... is not necessary to really keep in mind. Like you say 2 strokes are like caveman. Caveman still survived for millions of years with little or no refinement at all.

4-stroke parts are more ex than 2 strokes in most instances, esp Kawa bikes. My 2T pump has never fail me since day 1 of my ownership for the TZR. Fuel consumption is only a tad high which is enough to compensate that loss in power in a 4 stroke.

The only bad thing about 2 stroke is... that exhaust fume is dam* smelly sia... :cheers:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

yeap yeap! if you wanna argue about cavemen being good enough, that's a whole different story already. ahaha... as you talk about parts, is it really true that 4 strokes bike are easier to be repaired than 2 strokes bike? something like 4 strokes bikes' engine are more complicated to meddle with.

seems like there's no kawa 250 owners in here eh.. hmm..

yeap yeap! if you wanna argue about cavemen being good enough, that's a whole different story already. ahaha... as you talk about parts, is it really true that 4 strokes bike are easier to be repaired than 2 strokes bike? something like 4 strokes bikes' engine are more complicated to meddle with.

seems like there's no kawa 250 owners in here eh.. hmm..

Nope, 2 strokes are easier to repair and be strip apart for repairs. 4 strokes got more things like cam shaft, intake & exhaust valves, timing chain, etc more than 2 strokes.

How time flies...

hehe.. i miswrote la. i mean 2 strokes bike are easier to repair cos of the insides of the engine being simpler. very straightforward.

Yup, that's right. :cheers:

How time flies...

• 2 months later...

bro.. as for now, whts the OTR for a 250r ?

Class 3 - 15 Sep 08 (10th attempt)

Class 2B - 2 April 09 (9th attempt)

Class 2A - 29 June 10 (11th attempt)

Class 2 - 25 August 11 (0 attempt)

1. May 09 - Rinoa Heartilly (KRR150)
  2. Feb 12 - Ariel (RVF 400)
  3. Apr 12 - Miyako (RVF 400)
  4. Dec 12 - Wave 125
  5. Aug 15 - Beth (MT 07)

• 2 weeks later...

recently saw quite alot 250r msia plate in spore.. donno is it quite cheap in jb??

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/bearsvaluebaby/fireworks718ROXCfmFBsffgif.gif

2005 - SSDC - Class 2B

2006 - BBDC - Class 2A

2008 - CDC - Class 2

• 3 weeks later...