SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Cosmetic Modifications

PaLmEr

Cosmetic mods?  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Cosmetic mods?

• Yes! I love to mod my Super Four!
    • Yes! I love to "bling up" my ride bright bright!
    • Yes! I love custom paintjobs!
    • No! Visually modding my ride creates too much attention!
    • No! Can't really be bothered. It's ok as long as it runs well.
    • No! Bike becomes heavier!

its called shrouds, auntie shop sells them, decals have to be done separate cos it comes in plain colours

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. here are some renders :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]233186[/ATTACH]

and a quick one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]233189[/ATTACH]

You can also check this from Greece

http://www.go4it.gr/smf/index.php?topic=2248.0

There are plenty more here!!!!

I just saw a project big made into cafe racer earlier on... BEAUTIFUL!

Thrash? Don't mind if i do.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/59442677.gif

Hi Guys, I am thinking of getting a S4 and modifying it to be a cafe racer look a like...

For instance changing the seat from a current slope to a straight flat seat etc....

Any inputs or ideas who can help me in it?

Cheers!

http://www.bikeexif.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/yamaha_rd400_cafe_racer.jpg

I'll have some photo's soon.

Frame done

Tank and seat almost finished

Engine in this weekend...

Wiring etc next week....

Not too far away.

I'm doing it myself, not sure about who else would have a go? maybe vicious cycles?

For the seat,

I made a cardboard mock up, then looked for a similar size one on eBay. I have to grind off the lock etc, im going to try and use some of the old mounting blocks, hack them off and bolt/rivet onto the new one. polishing to a mirror finish is a *****! All wiring/battery is going in the hump.

Cheers

It doesn't matter what the question is, the answer is more power!

• 2 weeks later...

CB400 modified to CB600f :D (FZ16 headlight, CB1k tail)

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc378/Cakoi19/fab89d66cd8e1dbf3bff0d5c26a3ba86_37342034img0168.jpg

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc378/Cakoi19/f4dfba05ebecc8e37365f0c6bca15c0e_37342011img0166.jpg

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc378/Cakoi19/fab89d66cd8e1dbf3bff0d5c26a3ba86_37342034img0168-1.jpg

Wow. Amazed on how u can make it to be mono shock. :)

And the exhaust system bolting is abit weird. Doesnt look like its frm cb400.

Faster than fast,

Quicker than quick.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc378/Cakoi19/fab89d66cd8e1dbf3bff0d5c26a3ba86_37342034img0168.jpg

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc378/Cakoi19/f4dfba05ebecc8e37365f0c6bca15c0e_37342011img0166.jpg

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc378/Cakoi19/fab89d66cd8e1dbf3bff0d5c26a3ba86_37342034img0168-1.jpg

looks good from front and behind but the tank not nice

]

This is photoshop right? Sorry, I'm using my phone to view the photo's but you appear to have bolted the exhaust to the swing arm.????

Cheers

It doesn't matter what the question is, the answer is more power!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my experience at 219 motorshop design...TERRIBLE. I'm just going to cut the story short. CB400 spec 1 here btw.

I went to do decals on my rim. They hardly have mechanical knowledge to simply remove the wheel from a motorcycle. I know their specialty isnt in this area, but given that they might have to do this at some point, shouldnt it be expected that they at least know how to remove a wheel? They needed 4 men just to remove my rims. And they didnt even remove the calipers before taking down the wheel until i have to tell them. Also, looking at them trying to squeeze back every single part back into its place by brute force worries and pains any bike owners im sure. I'm no mechanical expert that is why im paying for people to do it.

When they pushed my bike out of the shop i just didnt felt right, so i did a check. Wow, rims mounted in reverse direction, disc brakes in wrong position. They had to repeat the process 3 TIMES just to get the position right. and when i moved off, my brakes started to screech. Just so you know, 2 weeks before I sent my bike to 219, i changed my front wheel bearing at Planet motor, so they checked the stuffs in the front including the brakes. So no problem, no sound. fantastic.

That guy from 219 ( I think he's the boss) even had the cheek to show attitude and tried to push away all fault. He said even if he were to hold the disc brakes up high and slam it on the ground it would never have bent. Not sure how true is this, but highly doubting it. Oh ya, did i mentioned that he didnt even apologise for the entire incident? When i was about to leave he just simply made his way back into the shop.

This sort of attitude... can you, as a paying customer, take it? I posted comments on their facebook page and THEY BLOCKED ME, and even tried to be saracastic about it! This is THE worst business etiquette i ever seen.

This entire incident ended at 12am. (Bike was supposed to be ready at 9pm). After this entire **** experience at 219 motorshop, i sent my bike the next day to Planet motor just to get everything back in place. ( 219 lost a part of the brake calipers, suppose to hold the pads in place).. I must share this with you to make sure either they change their attitude, or us bikers can just go on to the shop a couple doors away. 219's workmanship isnt that great anyway. the stickers on my rims are peeling a little on the sides already.

You guys decide to put your bike in 219's hands or not.

Just wanted to share my experience at 219 motorshop design...TERRIBLE. I'm just going to cut the story short. CB400 spec 1 here btw.

I went to do decals on my rim. They hardly have mechanical knowledge to simply remove the wheel from a motorcycle. I know their specialty isnt in this area, but given that they might have to do this at some point, shouldnt it be expected that they at least know how to remove a wheel? They needed 4 men just to remove my rims. And they didnt even remove the calipers before taking down the wheel until i have to tell them. Also, looking at them trying to squeeze back every single part back into its place by brute force worries and pains any bike owners im sure. I'm no mechanical expert that is why im paying for people to do it.

When they pushed my bike out of the shop i just didnt felt right, so i did a check. Wow, rims mounted in reverse direction, disc brakes in wrong position. They had to repeat the process 3 TIMES just to get the position right. and when i moved off, my brakes started to screech. Just so you know, 2 weeks before I sent my bike to 219, i changed my front wheel bearing at Planet motor, so they checked the stuffs in the front including the brakes. So no problem, no sound. fantastic.

That guy from 219 ( I think he's the boss) even had the cheek to show attitude and tried to push away all fault. He said even if he were to hold the disc brakes up high and slam it on the ground it would never have bent. Not sure how true is this, but highly doubting it. Oh ya, did i mentioned that he didnt even apologise for the entire incident? When i was about to leave he just simply made his way back into the shop.

This sort of attitude... can you, as a paying customer, take it? I posted comments on their facebook page and THEY BLOCKED ME, and even tried to be saracastic about it! This is THE worst business etiquette i ever seen.

This entire incident ended at 12am. (Bike was supposed to be ready at 9pm). After this entire **** experience at 219 motorshop, i sent my bike the next day to Planet motor just to get everything back in place. ( 219 lost a part of the brake calipers, suppose to hold the pads in place).. I must share this with you to make sure either they change their attitude, or us bikers can just go on to the shop a couple doors away. 219's workmanship isnt that great anyway. the stickers on my rims are peeling a little on the sides already.

You guys decide to put your bike in 219's hands or not.

Lucky I always go the shop few door away. Feel sad for u. Heart pain

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

double post!!!

how many type of bellypans are there in the market?? ive only heard of short and long but dunno wat brand and so far seen all fixed wit cable ties which i find abit unsightly...anyone can recommend a bellypan that can fix nicely on a versionS w/o using cable ties...and preferable one tat doesnt need to take out to for oil changing...if such bellypan exist tat is :angel:

Edited by exwhyzee
double post

'97 CB400 F3V (NC31) :cool:

Hey guys, may I know if the temperature light is necessary during daily usage? I know I can do without indicator lights and neutral lights. Reason is because I just took over a Ver S and the speedo looks old. If possible I would like to change it away. :) Thanks in advance!

` ` ` ,=; ` ` ` ` ` ` `

` ` `/_____ ` ` ` ` ` `

` `()[_____\,,,,. ` ` `

` `_//\=x(_)\/ __ ` ` `

` / `\ \{}}}/ / `\ ~ ~`

`| () | \(_)=| () |~ ` ~

` \__/ ` ` ` `\__/ ` ` `