SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Singapore BAJAJ Team (SBT)

Nemesis

err jus curious, what is the purpose of 3 point grounding? what's the pros and cons?

and how do fellow pulsar rider reduce the vibration? i travel from west to east via PIE just now constantly at 80km/h, by the time i exit PIE, my hand almost cant feel the clutch n brake level.

肥仔七åƒå·

err jus curious, what is the purpose of 3 point grounding? what's the pros and cons?

and how do fellow pulsar rider reduce the vibration? i travel from west to east via PIE just now constantly at 80km/h, by the time i exit PIE, my hand almost cant feel the clutch n brake level.

The main purpose for the x point grounding is to provide a better return path for the electricals in an old bike where some of its grounding points had corroded resulting in higher resistance in the electricals' return path.

The pros of grounding (if done correctly) can result in better electricals, you may see brighter headlights and signals.

The cons of grounding is you have to spend money. When done by a mech who knows nuts about grounding, you may get a short circuit and a bike that looks like charcoal.

In new bikes, it may also help if the original electrical path design is not good.

So far, when I go to um for servicing, I will get them to tighten the engine mounting screws. it helps to a certain extend. There is no way to fully eliminate vibrations.

Sometimes our style of riding also affects the numbness. Try not to grip the handle bar to tightly. I frequently travel from jurong to changi for food :cheeky: , but I do not have this problem because I have learned to relax my grip but still maintain proper control.

Hope this helps. :cheeky:

Pulsar UG3 (Mar 07 -> 21 Jan 2009)

S4 Ver S. (Scrapped May 2010)

S4 Revo (05 Aug 2010 -> current)

i had this encounter before. what i did is change the ratio of my sprockets. it help a little.. less vibration at high speed... but you'll lose your pick up power..just a little...

aggresive pick-up VS smooth cruise at high speed.

currently my sprocket ratio is 16:42

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3154/2630373527_9614b93b66_o.jpg

Strength Count

1) Nemesis_5k / East

2) Lindavw / East

3) RoadRunner / West

4) Goofrider / East

5) FaveTp / East

5) NiteHawk / East (Ex)

6) ApeKinz / East

7) asri_pulsar180 / West (ex)

8) Azzy / West

9) PulsarBee / East

10) Kang / East

11) Kumar / ?

12) Paul / East

13) Martell1981 / ?

14) Sham / ?

15) Solar /West

16) Suvespa / West

17) Totalpet / East

18) Yani / west

19) yz1983 / west (ex)

20) weicong / west

21) spai_duhz / west

22) ruriimasu / west

23) wjyx/ west

24) seroja / west :cool:

i had this encounter before. what i did is change the ratio of my sprockets. it help a little.. less vibration at high speed... but you'll lose your pick up power..just a little...

aggresive pick-up VS smooth cruise at high speed.

currently my sprocket ratio is 16:42

err sorry newbie here :sian: but to change the ratio of sprockets, i need to like just turn and click something (like in the case of suspension) or need to change the part?

and actually most of the time i am on normal road... if change liao, pick up still faster than average cars?

肥仔七åƒå·

for NTUC third party, i think below $250 knowing you're only 21.

haha, that is cheap man. I am used to paying 600-700+ for my previous kr and s4 insurance. Thanks!

haha, that is cheap man. I am used to paying 600-700+ for my previous kr and s4 insurance. Thanks!

i'm just 'agak-agak' only lah...Kr is sport bike so the insurance is higher for sure.. s4 don't have to say lah.. higher CC bike.

if i'm not, our Bajaj is categories under 'others' in the ntuc insurance.

different brand of bike different price for insurance, thats how they see it.

err sorry newbie here :sian: but to change the ratio of sprockets, i need to like just turn and click something (like in the case of suspension) or need to change the part?

and actually most of the time i am on normal road... if change liao, pick up still faster than average cars?

you need to change the sprockets. best to change the sprocket both front and back together with a new chain. thats highly recommended.

u can go check you rear sprocket and look for an engraved number. see whats the number.. should be 40++ and thats the teeth.. for the front u cannot see lah cos covered.. but i believe its 15 teeth.. that for the second version of pulsar lah. anyway the UG3 should be the same...

pick up faster than car... thats how you play with your gear and clutch.

and also u have pillion or not.. all this comes to play. anyway no matter what, a car can pick up better than us.. but why need aggressive pick up.. take it easy lah...... if u want agresive pick up like scrambler, must change your sprocket to bigger size.. u'll be the first one to zoom to the front.. but than.. slowly slowly, the rest of your frens overtake you.. lost the top speed.

or maybe u can go down UM and ask the mechanic.. they will advice u on what ratio to get.....

Attached below are the Techincal Spec plus the Maintenance & Lubrication Chart for Pulsar 180 from the UG3 Bike Manual.

Hope that this is useful to people that are interested in Pulsar 180.

Thanks to Nemesis _5k and Lindavw for our Bajaj thread.:cheers:

Good job for the spec.. :thumb:

Regardless of race,religion and gender.

We sworn to our duty and honour.

We carry out our duty as a team and not indivdual.

We protect the Honour and interest of the TEAM.

Because,

We are all BIKERS

the "slow throttle" of the pulsar allows you to really control fuel consumption... or pickup.

my riding style has taken an evolution since i already got a "play" bike, so the pulsar i am using mainly for work. i used to only manage 560km before hitting reserve, now i managed to hit 790km before hitting reserve. 50-60 normally, 70 on overtaking. calulated it to be around 49km/l. hurrah! specs are really honest. :)

another thing good about the pulsar is the really accurate speedometer that i have come to appreciate to put down speed freaks when i expose that the pulsar's 100kph is a 125z's 135kph.

you only need 1/4 throttle to manage on the streets. and less than half to manage on the express ways, except when overtaking. more than that, it starts to be wasteful. for gains of 30kmh you need to use twice as much petrol? thats a gear ratio limitation that can be overcome by installing a smaller sized sprocket. i have yet to change mine, since after 30k and frequent lubrication, the chain and sprocket are still shiny, like new. man, these stuff can take a beating. O.o;

i am back in school again, so i am using my pulsar less and less. dont intend to sell it away though. the millage is too awesome.

hope to meet you guys up again. all work and no play is driving me insane.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

i know impossible to fully get rid of the vibration, can lessen good already. perhaps like using a heavier balancer, softer handgrip, wearing gloves? got use anot huh?

Replacing my stock balancers with longer and heavier ones definitely helped to reduce the vibrations on my handlebar. Bad news is, Equipment Extreme doesn't bring in these made-in-Italy balancers anymore.

I always wear gloves when riding, but then, it's to protect my hands in the event of a fall/crash lah. The thought of wearing them for the comfort of my hands never crossed my mind.

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/products/1423/small.jpg?rand=31854229 http://unleashthebeast.wikispaces.com/file/view/Monster_Energy.gif/259657964/Monster_Energy.gif

GUys.... Enuff with those spec and review...

Let talk about real thing now.... Before anythin serious planning is to be done. CAN we have a count of strength here ?

Irregardless if u are a ex bajaj owner, active or not active in this thread. Kindly please put ur nick and location below.

Those who is not in register with the forum, you can drop us a email at [email protected]

For those existing member, please drop us a mail and state ur nick (if have), contact number, name and location...

Strength Count

1) Nemesis_5k / East

2) Lindavw / East

3) RoadRunner / West

4) Goofrider / East

5) FaveTp / East

5) NiteHawk / East (Ex)

6) ApeKinz / East

7) asri_pulsar180 / West (ex)

8) Azzy / West

9) PulsarBee / East

10) Kang / East

11) Kumar / central east

12) Paul / East

13) Martell1981 / ?

14) Sham / ?

15) Solar /West

16) Suvespa / West

17) Totalpet / East

18) Yani / west

19) yz1983 / west (ex)

20) weicong / west

21) spai_duhz / west

22) ruriimasu / west

For those name that not inside please update.. Guys, please drop us a mail also. thanks

:cool: Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

hello ppl...i'm back, i'm gad we shift to a new place, congrats fellow roomates.so how is everybody...

recently i met tis old timer named zack i think, he said he had his piston top changed to a aprilla one, as both r same...i dunno wat he was refering to but come to think of it we might have someone somewher who can do bajaj spares...i'm tryin to locate him but still tryin...will update soon...

mean time rock on pulsars...universal still the same sia, i just saw chris chop a newbie on some wiring probs he had, told newbie to join our forum...

bro wjyx...go jb buy it...cheap and fancy ones..

but oso need a rough price guide ma. anyway i am having my exam in another 10 odd days so have to endure the vibration till end of may else just have to go slower. haha.

肥仔七åƒå·

but oso need a rough price guide ma. anyway i am having my exam in another 10 odd days so have to endure the vibration till end of may else just have to go slower. haha.

bro did u try checkin ur tyres...is it at right pressure...i used stock ones aft i changed it became better but not solved...if ur meter is digital vibration might crack the holder brackets in the long run...certified by UM mechs

bro did u try checkin ur tyres...is it at right pressure...i used stock ones aft i changed it became better but not solved...if ur meter is digital vibration might crack the holder brackets in the long run...certified by UM mechs

my tyres aren't stock either. i last check around 2 weeks ago so i doubt the problem is that. the strong vibration only kicks in after 80km/h. either is the way the bike is, or it's just simply not used to it as this is my first bike.

anyway mine was the ug2 i think. analog meter without engine kill switch.

肥仔七åƒå·