SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Exhaust Systems - Moriwaki

godfire

Resmen,

Chrome it is the BesT ~~!!

qd. how are you? its been a while didnt hear from you .

Haha lol, chrome is nice but I wanted to go with a black theme and love my moriwaki black shorty :)

Just gotta dedicate some time and polish the whole bike up nicely. Been riding it too much and having fun lately.

2008 Honda CB400SF Revo ABS - Moriwaki OnePiece Shorty Exhaust & Slider, GodSend Radiator Mesh, 2 Pt Crash Bars, LSL Street Foot Pegs, OEM screen, Scottoiler, Red/White Leds, Bagster Tank Cover, Michelin P Pure Front/P Road 2 Rear Tyres, HID 4300K, Gilles Tooling 41mm Clip Ons, Powdercoated Rims/Rearsets & Passenger Pegs, Rizoma Avio 21 Signals, Motovation Universal Barends...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

dear guys, currently having GPR carbon fibre exhaust and would like to install Shorty. My question to all is that do i have to remove my main stand to install Shorty? Any spec 2 riders with main stand with experience here? Pls kindly reply. Thanks!

dear guys, currently having GPR carbon fibre exhaust and would like to install Shorty. My question to all is that do i have to remove my main stand to install Shorty? Any spec 2 riders with main stand with experience here? Pls kindly reply. Thanks!

I have revo and couldn't put on main centre stand because shorty is low. Can only use the stock side stand bike comes with. Did you get chrome or black?

2008 Honda CB400SF Revo ABS - Moriwaki OnePiece Shorty Exhaust & Slider, GodSend Radiator Mesh, 2 Pt Crash Bars, LSL Street Foot Pegs, OEM screen, Scottoiler, Red/White Leds, Bagster Tank Cover, Michelin P Pure Front/P Road 2 Rear Tyres, HID 4300K, Gilles Tooling 41mm Clip Ons, Powdercoated Rims/Rearsets & Passenger Pegs, Rizoma Avio 21 Signals, Motovation Universal Barends...

I have revo and couldn't put on main centre stand because shorty is low. Can only use the stock side stand bike comes with. Did you get chrome or black?

for spec 2 & 3, OEM or aftermarket mainstand is compatible, meaning, can fix.

only for Revo models, dunnoe why, maybe the design or where the pipe body is, blocking/restricting where the mainstand position up or down, hence cannot fix.

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

So do you have revo or spec 2/3? Main stand will get it in the way on revo but spec 2/3 as Kev's advised will be ok.

So do you have revo or spec 2/3? Main stand will get it in the way on revo but spec 2/3 as Kev's advised will be ok.

mine is spec 2. I had aftermarket main stand installed now. I heard if wanna install shorty, if kena the main stand, may have to remove. i dun wanna remove my main stand cos its damn bloody useful.

can i ask if compare GPR and moriwaki, which one sounds nicer? comptemplating though..

You will find that Moriwaki sounds better. Check out the vids posted on youtube of both exhausts on cb400.

mine is spec 2. I had aftermarket main stand installed now. I heard if wanna install shorty, if kena the main stand, may have to remove. i dun wanna remove my main stand cos its damn bloody useful.

If you wanna install shorty on revo it will kena the main stand. I wouldn't want to remove the main stand either if I was you but since you have spec 2 mori shorty will be fine.

If possible to be on the safe side try to trial fit the shorty with the main stand. I'm thinking you may have to take the main stand off, fit the shorty then put the main stand back on at worst.

dear guys i mean i already have main stand on my spec 2. if i wanna install shorty, will my main stand get in the way?

my answer is.......

no need. http://main.slackriders.com/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif

if your gona DIY, u'll need both stands to alternate if u're lazy to loosen the radiator.. which I did... :sweat:

cos the inner 2 header's bolts are abit pain in the a$$ to reach.

BUT, be reminded. The Shorty's mid-can(the last mounting point, near the mainstand hinge) is lower than other types of pipes.

mine's already war scratched proven... http://main.slackriders.com/images/smiles/icon_neutral.gif

can i ask if compare GPR and moriwaki, which one sounds nicer? comptemplating though..

my question would be, y compare?

cos IMO, each pipe has its own definite uniqueness.

in the end, its up to each individual's preferences. http://main.slackriders.com/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

You will find that Moriwaki sounds better. Check out the vids posted on youtube of both exhausts on cb400.

If you wanna install shorty on revo it will kena the main stand. I wouldn't want to remove the main stand either if I was you but since you have spec 2 mori shorty will be fine.

If possible to be on the safe side try to trial fit the shorty with the main stand. I'm thinking you may have to take the main stand off, fit the shorty then put the main stand back on at worst.

aisey.. ResmeN, you can speak singlish sia... woots.. :angel:

actually, ResmeN, have you ever tried of fixing the OEM mainstand with yr shorty on?

I mean, to try affix with both on.

Of cos, I saying without the knowledge of how the shorty's construction on(or rather below) a Revo.

But if maybe if there's pictures(frm you, or anyone out here riding a Revo with a Shorty), I can help see if its possible yah.. :thumb:

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

im using SS shorty and i agree that main stand need to remove.

:confused:

huh? care to share y? & pardon me, which model are you on?

Disclaimer:

Hi Kev,

i agree main stand is very useful. currently im using ss shorty (legal) @ spec2 , cause the design very low, its not possible to install main stand. if anyone manage to install it, pls kindly share the knwldge, cause i want to have it also :D

Keep your bike in good repair: motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking :cool:

Hi Kev,

i agree main stand is very useful. currently im using ss shorty (legal) @ spec2 , cause the design very low, its not possible to install main stand. if anyone manage to install it, pls kindly share the knwldge, cause i want to have it also :D

that was a fast change of nick... http://main.slackriders.com/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif

okok, back to topic, Im on a Spec 3 bol d'Or, with a SS shorty, & I hv OEM mainstand together with the shorty on. no probs.

the mainstand was installed way before i put on the shortys...

wait, let me try to find my photos...

Disclaimer:

ok, here it is:

very early concept:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/DKiev/Honda%20CB400%20Super%20Four/P3050003JPGnonumside2.jpg?t=1301467875

the more recent picture:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4770859018_5fc1ee5d14_z.jpg

p.s. kindly ignore the wordings and the torn exhaust wrap, the wrap has long been removed.

& no. the exhaust does not or are not in the way of the mainstand when in use or kept up.

oya, spec 2, 3 & Revo are using the same mainstand.

only PB1 are different & the driving centre's "L" model S4s are using PB1's too.

Edited by Kev's

Disclaimer:

Bro where u buy oem stand ?

last tried, FJT, $200++, 2 years back, nt sure if still got stock now.

last check Mah @ Bendemeer also has it, but the price is ridiculously over priced... w/o gst & labour fees included.

Disclaimer:

Kev,

original main stand for spec 2 / spec 3 able to fit in ?

i notice that the torn wrapper is very close to the exhaust, is it because very close till it torn like that?

yes, as i what i posted earlier.

spec 2, 3 & Revo using same mainstand.

& Im(riding a spec 3) using the exhaust with the stand.

as for the torn wrap, its becos its torn, so the wrapper is kinda like "resting" on the stand.

but actually the exhaust is not touching the stand @ all.. ;)

Disclaimer:

oic,, sweeeeet....

in that case, anyone selling their main stand? hihhii :p

:lol:

if got budget constraints, aftermarket mainstands frm HKL, MW, Unique also can fit.

but i still prefer OEM... http://main.slackriders.com/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif

Disclaimer:

kev , what is the different between aftermarket and OEM ?

can tell the different?

thanks

er, cant seem to find the thread for the mainstand.

so here goes, the aftermarket's slightly longer & when in use, the bike may rock side to side abit.

the aftermarket doesnt have the lock nut for the hinge.

the aftermarket's spring arent in rubber sleeves and are not vertically parrallel when in use.

the aftermarket's hinge is longer & the split pin is slightly far off from the washer.

er... i think thats all.

hearsay gt ppl broke the aftermarket mainstand step and springs also...

Disclaimer: