SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] The Clinic

mepkoh

whao, new paint. i will like to join. wat do i need to bring along? we share cost?

as this is all spray cans...bring your own.....off course if there is bal paint you are welcome to it..there is nothing much to share ...total cost for me will be less than $40.

waiting for confirmation from silent hunter...to fix date...

:cheer:

will appreciate that you put your name for those who want to participate ie in painting or learning or just having fun,..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mepkoh, do u mind helping me to get the spray? i dunno where to get those stuff.

i had long ago wanted to make my bike tank orange, but heard going for paintwork will cost alot so i drop the idea.

now here u guys going to do a respray i reali will like to join and do my tank too.

my contacts : 94891418 / ben

thank you for all those who came...especially Silent Hunter,St, Ben, you support ,guidance an encourangement have given me the confidence to carry out this DIY project...the attached photos show the splendid result..(of course this my self praise appraisal) any way i am glad to say that i am very satisfied with the job..thanks to the buddies who came at my call for help..once aagin thank you....

17-11-08_0745.jpg

17-11-08_0746.jpg

17-11-08_0747.jpg

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

so the surface still rough or smooth now?

haha..spend the next day sanding and painting...still need to do further touch up once the paint dried properly,,with out u guys around the tank suffered a few bumps here and there when i reassemble the tank on to bike....manage to solve the rough surface problem..

haha..spend the next day sanding and painting...still need to do further touch up once the paint dried properly,,with out u guys around the tank suffered a few bumps here and there when i reassemble the tank on to bike....manage to solve the rough surface problem..

wow mep u got a outstanding colour combi sia lolz :cheeky: but main task still u n hunter handle :thumb: sorry that daz got to leave early :sian: oh if can put ur b4 n after photo lah hehe think will b even more glad :angel:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77956&d=1224144141

yeah..manage to find 1 before pic..notice the horribly scratch marks..thats the reason that prompted me to carry out the DIY..:cry:

the tank that give us a headache..and after..please refer to previous pic..:giddy:

16-11-08_0833.jpg

P1030019.jpg

That was a nice DIY paint job.

With a good color finish and be careful not to have petrol on the paint finish or else the shine will become matt.

Cheers

God in his wisdom will protect you

:pray:

thanks guys for all your kind comments...

before the diy paint..have a tired looking bike..

now..haha..feels like i have a new bike ..full of life...

didnt realise until now what satisaction is...

the costs to the diy paint..less than $40...but the satisfaction is worh a million....everyone who want to turn a old tired looking bike should go for it..

• 2 weeks later...

the next meet will be on ..as usual on the second sat of the month..it happens o be on 13 Dec..same time 3 pm and same place.....

things to do...

tennis??

swimming??

pool??

just having fun...

any suggestion??

as usual please let me know if u r coming..

• 2 weeks later...
thank you for all those who came...especially Silent Hunter,St, Ben, you support ,guidance an encourangement have given me the confidence to carry out this DIY project...the attached photos show the splendid result..(of course this my self praise appraisal) any way i am glad to say that i am very satisfied with the job..thanks to the buddies who came at my call for help..once aagin thank you....

look like ang ku kwei..... but nice.. :clapping:

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

mep, nice work on the paintjob.

btw, where's the meet-up place?

yeah please come...and have a swell time..i mean putting grease in your fingers:cheer:

The venue is The Bayshore Condo. on bayshore road...opposite Costa delso..

best come by ecp..and exit at bayshore exit after bedok exit along ecp

There is a security check at the entrance..just say u are visiting me.living in tower 2b ,unit 04-01.. turn left on passing security post and go round to the rearof the condo..park your bike after tennis court ...will be there washing bike ..orplaying tennis...some PK swim too..

hope to see some PK or other forummers...

this sat 3pm ..13 dec.

you can reach me via :

mobile 91797182

email: [email protected]

or pm..

:cheer: :popcorn: :cheer: :popcorn:

• 4 weeks later...

sorry guys..

this coming meet for Jan 09 is cancelled ....

somethign pop up...will be busy this month, unable to meet..

once again a thousand apolgies..

• 2 weeks later...

Just shipped in a motion pro cable luber.....

A really good buy...but cost me $50 included shipping from amazon....

A bit ex...but after using my clutch cable had come alive.....

Now I thinking how to dismantle my throttle cables....

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/633010155262729806CBLLUBER.jpg

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif