SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

1) Speedometer sensor

Speedometer sensor at the front wheel spindle is made of magnet inside. Thus, it is a very fragile piece of equipment. Mine was found crushed to powder ...... cost of change: S$135.

Info provided by lokeks

SUZUKI AGENT

GUAN HOE CO.(M) PTE LTD

Workshop:

Block 1043, No.148,

Eunos Ave. 3, S(409847)

Tel: 6746 5910

1) Speedometer sensor

Speedometer sensor at the front wheel spindle is made of magnet inside. Thus, it is a very fragile piece of equipment. Mine was found crushed to powder ...... cost of change: S$135.

Source of Bridgestone tyres.

EVERFIT MOTOR PTE LTD

20, NORRIS RD, S(208262)

TEL: 62931063, 62938925

Please use only genuine BRIDGESTONE HOOP tyres for your burgy

This is the advise of Suzuki ditributor.

I asked them to comfirmed my findings .... they totally agreed ... .especially when dealing in the stability of the bike when cornering.

Yes, they are expensive, and yes, they are the best and they last a long time and they are gripy on the road.

Rear Tire Replacement inportant info

If you send you bike to replace the rear tire anywhere else besides GHC and Suzuki workshop in Eunos, just make make that the mechanic replace the washer of the rear rim correctly.

When view from the rear of the bike, there is a washer between the nut and the rear rim (exhaust side). Make sure it is there, otherwise the rear rim will lock eventually, that's a S$600 repair.

Varacter and Roller balls check info

Afetr checking the rollers for wear and tear, ALWAYS use Suzuki specified grease for greasing the roolers, otherwise, the grease will eventually melt and you will have a slippery cluth on your hand.

Thus, it is advisable to send your burgy to GHC or Suzuki worshop for engine works only.

Air Filter

Part No.: 13780-14701

Price: S$23.71

Mine still OK. Just wanna speed up my air filter change timing, that's all.

Brake Oil Reservoir Seal

Part No: 59667-441300

Price: S$6.35

If your Brake Oil Reservoir is leaking brake fluid from the topcap of the reservoir, change these.

Special bolt for holding the seat to the Frame.

Part No.: 0911-06068

Price: S$3.64

This bolt can be seen only if you open up your seat.

It is right at the end, above the engine.

If you look closely, there is only 2 bolts that are holding the plates which is bolted to the seat.

Mine dropped off (i suspect due to vibration).

Pls check these 2 bolt periodically, like every 6000km.

Oil Filter

P/N: 16510-25100

Price :S$10.50

Big O ring

P/N: 01280-54001

Price:$2.26

Small O ring

P/N: 01280-13004

Price:$0.62

today jus went to change my belt & servicing:

Belt (Original) cum labour : $170.00

Roller (Original) @ $11 ea x 08 : $ 88.00

Motor Oil @ $12 ea x 02 : $ 24.00

Spark Plug NGK G-Power : $ 10.00

Oil Filter (Original) : $ 10.00

Total of : $302.00

Exhaust casket (14181-18100): S$12

Front Fork Oil Cover

51153-14F00 (O-Ring): S$26 / pr.

55173-14F00 (Fork cover): S$29 / pr.

Prices without GST.

Front Brake Pad

P/N: 89310-14870

1 set: S$83 (exl. GST)

Note: The front brake is consists of 2 sets of brake pads.

Speedometer cable assembly

P/N: 34990-14102

Cost: S$132.70 (exl. GST)

NOTE: The assembly has been changed inside. The old one is make of magnet. The new one is also make of magnet, but it is coated/covered with a layer of plastic.

Front wheel bearing assembly

P/N: 68132-62027

1set (2 pcs): S$17.20 (exl. GST)

NOTE: This is main reason why when I do cornering, the bike feels unstable. Also, after changing teh bearings, I can feel teh road better, hence handling is restored to original condition. Maybe this also teh reason why my speedo cable magnet broke in the 1st place. So, pls check thsi if you have a broken speedo cable assembly situation.

Front Fork Oil change

S$25 labour (exl. GST)

Suzuki workshop fork oil

Castrol mineral base fork oil.

Weight: 10

NOTE: For racing/sport bike, they use weight No. 5.

Suzuki Scooter Web Page : SUZUKI Scooters

Source of Bridgestone tyres.

EVERFIT MOTOR PTE LTD

20, NORRIS RD, S(208262)

TEL: 62931063, 62938925

Please use only genuine BRIDGESTONE HOOP tyres for your burgy

This is the advise of Suzuki ditributor.

I asked them to comfirmed my findings .... they totally agreed ... .especially when dealing in the stability of the bike when cornering.

Yes, they are expensive, and yes, they are the best and they last a long time and they are gripy on the road.

AN400K3 structural info

I mentioned before (somewhere in this forum) taht my bike will see-saw when trying to accerate and de-accerate quickly .... when in K3, they added 4 bars to the front of the body .... i guessed they also knew about it.

This was comfirmed when I feedback to Suzuki Distibutor in Singapore.

They knew about the changes, now they fully understand why.

Of course, the see-saw effect is mainly due to the wrong spring tension selection at the rear. However, this can also be part of the reason too.

Now, I set spring at maximum for a 140kg passenger load.

Rear Tire Replacement inportant info

If you send you bike to replace the rear tire anywhere else besides GHC and Suzuki workshop in Eunos, just make make that the mechanic replace the washer of the rear rim correctly.

When view from the rear of the bike, there is a washer between the nut and the rear rim (exhaust side). Make sure it is there, otherwise the rear rim will lock eventually, that's a S$600 repair.

Varacter and Roller balls check info

Afetr checking the rollers for wear and tear, ALWAYS use Suzuki specified grease for greasing the roolers, otherwise, the grease will eventually melt and you will have a slippery cluth on your hand.

Thus, it is advisable to send your burgy to GHC or Suzuki worshop for engine works only.

SUZUKI

Guan Hoe Co., (M) Pte Ltd

Block 1043, No. 148

Eunos Avenue 3

Singapore 409847

Telephone: 6746 5910

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woo...... 3rd post! Yay new Thread!

Some more things to add.

Tyre Pressure : 25(Front) 40(Rear)

Anything else to add guys?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

http://www.scootertrap.com/malossiredspongefilter%20B400.jpg

How about this?

Taken from http://www.scootertrap.com/Burgman400.htm

Yah, the K&N filter should come with a plastic packaging. If the website is ok with the repackaging then it may work. :smile:

Originally posted by Terrible One@January 07, 2007 06:20 pm

http://www.scootertrap.com/malossiredspongefilter%20B400.jpg

How about this?

Taken from http://www.scootertrap.com/Burgman400.htm

at first, i tgt mai tu liao... hw come k&n filter so cheap.. onli 9bux~~~!!

den i realise oil filter..

aniway, 250cc n 400cc oso same serial no.so i guez its interchangable bet both models... . if we can get 70bux +/-, im pretty keen... who else?

250 burger

400 burger

The Malossi one looks like it's a direct replacement of the OEM sponge that sits inside the air filter system...

For the K&N one, you have to remove a snorkel intake tubing from the airbox cover, and also remove the sponge holder to slot the K&N in (simple proccedures).

The intake sound you get after that is very much different and louder.

Originally posted by william_liu@January 08, 2007 09:49 am

The Malossi one looks like it's a direct replacement of the OEM sponge that sits inside the air filter system...

For the K&N one, you have to remove a snorkel intake tubing from the airbox cover, and also remove the sponge holder to slot the K&N in (simple proccedures).

The intake sound you get after that is very much different and louder.

Yeah.... i've already removed the rubber snorkel thingy..... keke still using the original air filter though... hahaha

So back to the question.... hu wants which one? for the K&N filter, unless we get 5 or so, the shipping costs will probably kill us and make it not worth the time and $$.

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 08, 2007 10:39 am

Yeah.... i've already removed the rubber snorkel thingy..... keke still using the original air filter though... hahaha

Ur low end got suffer after taking off the snorkel?

Originally posted by Terrible One@January 08, 2007 08:31 pm

Ur low end got suffer after taking off the snorkel?

Nope i dun tink so.... surprisingly i think the fuel consumption was better..... need to monitor for a few more top-ups thou.

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 09, 2007 12:05 am

Nope i dun tink so.... surprisingly i think the fuel consumption was better..... need to monitor for a few more top-ups thou.

OK! Tomoro I'll take off mine also.. :cheer:

Can always give a try first, if not comfortable with the change, it can be put back.

:smile:

Too out the snorkel this morning.. Wha cannot make it. Low end very sluggish.. Engine like choking like that.. Put back already..

Originally posted by Terrible One@January 09, 2007 02:10 pm

Too out the snorkel this morning.. Wha cannot make it. Low end very sluggish.. Engine like choking like that.. Put back already..

Haha... funny.....mine had no effect.......... :cheeky:

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 09, 2007 12:05 am

oh realli?!

mayb i shld take it out too...

wat isit 4 aniway?

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 09, 2007 04:04 pm

Haha... funny.....mine had no effect.......... :cheeky:

Pai seh!! I acidentally pull off the vacume hose at the sensor that's why.. tody I try again.. :sorry:

Originally posted by Terrible One@January 10, 2007 05:31 pm

Pai seh!! I acidentally pull off the vacume hose at the sensor that's why.. tody I try again.. :sorry:

:faint:

Pengz..... lidat oso can ah.......

So ur snorkel was still there? how did you realise that you pulled the wrong thing out?

At long last i've finally found the problem of my bike stalling for no reason.(or at least part of the problem)

My bike stalled again 2 days ago so as usual, i waited for a while and it started again. I din bother bringing it back to the place i bought it from cos I brought the bike there 3 times, and left the bike for a total of 2 weeks or more and they couldn't find anything. I doubt they will be able to find anything either. And i'd probably be wasting more time leaving my bike there since they will only do something when the problem occurs.(Plus the fact that they were closed by the time my bike could start again.)

So i rode to my usual bike shop to have them check it out. My mech checked some of the electrics, the fuses, the petrol area but found nothing. Tried to use the diagnosis mode but sadly the error code only appears when there is an error.... unlike some bikes which store the error somewhere. Thus its only when i encounter the error that i have some time to switch to dealer mode and diagnose the area which is having the problem.

Being unable to do anything at the moment, i decided to ride home... Started the bike n rode off.... so i took a look at my voltmeter.... the voltage did not rise much even after i was travelling at >4k rpm. I stopped my bike a junction, placed it to mainstand and revved. The voltage climed and got stuck at 13v. It didn't feel right to me so i quickly rode one big round back to my bike shop...... turned into the building, over a hump and my bike stalled....again.... I guess this would be the only time anyone would be happy about having his bike stall.... so i called my mech n pushed it back to his shop. Switched to diagnosis mode and bingo! found that the crankshaft sensor area was the problem area.

This happened at 9pm. I don't think there are many workshops that will work till so late just to help me diagnose a phantom problem because of the fact that it has no obvious symptoms.

So yesterday went back to the shop to "visit" my hospitalised bike. my mechanic was stripping the magnetic coil area. Once the casing was out, we saw 2 fragments of a funny object in the casing one larger fragment and the other a smaller one......They were not foreign objects left inside due to carelessness but fragments of a part of the gearbox.(keep you guys in suspense, tell you the part later) I was pissed. Dead pissed. I was sold a bike which had fragments in the gearbox which could have sooner or later made its way to the piston, scratching the block, seizing the engine and turning me into another statistic on the tp's website.

We looked around for signs of the original object the fragments came from but couldn't see it. So i took a look at the service manual to see if i could find it. True enough i found the damn thing. It was a freakin piece of washer that was used on the scissors gears. The the best part? This part is not available here and i have to wait 3 WHOLE WEEKS for it to be shipped here. The cost doesn't matter to me but 3 WEEKS off my bike is something i will not tolerate.

Going to go down to the bike shop i bought the bike from to negotiate some form of settlement.

Originally posted by Terrible One@January 11, 2007 04:39 pm

Wha.. So jialat.. Ask them to send the part with door to door service la(DHL, UPS or watever).. Hope u can get something out of the bikeshop.. BTW,which shop do u normally go to? GHC?

Yeah i did try to ask. Haven't got a reply yet. I was told they don't do orders for only one piece, so my bikeshop had to order a few pieces.....wtf :sian:

I mean, how often does this happen to someone? they make it sound like you'll need a few just-in-case.

For a reputable and established bike shop(the one which i bought my bike from) in the country i seriously do hope that they will offer me a reasonable solution. Was just informed that the repair costs including eo, gaskets and a spankin' new crankshaft position sensor and possibly my magnetic coil as well etc etc comes up to be abt $420. I'm not bothered about paying for repair costs cos i understand that 2nd hand bikes are a gamble but to pay for repairs on problems which have already existed since the very 1st day i collected my bike is something i cannot take lying down, especially when it involves something which may have well cost me my bike and my life.

My regular bike shop is BikeWorkz. Been patronizing the mech since my gsxr400 days, he used to be over at Planet Motors.

The funny thing was, i went to Guan Hoe for the uncle to check for me. He told me the same thing others would tell me, if the problem doesn't occur then they cannot solve it. I understand that it is time consuming and not in any business sense to do a full check on my bike for a problem they themselves did not see. But it was not once, twice but 3 times that i have brought the bike back to the shop i bought it from to complain about the problem. Shouldn't alarm bells be ringing that there is a much complicated problem than just telling me comforting words and hoping that the problem will mysteriously go away by itself?

Back to Guan Hoe.... the uncle told me he can't check anything... so he helped me to check my battery charging... smacked on the volt meter and found the battery not charging. i witnessed it myself. So off i went to the bike shop i bought from(2nd visit) and told them about the stalling again and also mentioned that the battery was not charging. But when i collected the bike after they said they couldn't find the problem i asked about the battery charging and they said it was. Not one to doubt them i shrugged it off...... guess the uncle was partially right after all....

Will update you guys on the outcome tonite.

Originally posted by william_liu@January 11, 2007 06:59 pm

Glad you finally found the problem bro... but just wondering how did the washer make the bike stall?

:confused:

Anyway hopefully the shop which sold you the bike will take some responsibility over this.

Well.. the washer is not the normal kind. It looks like a mini galfer wave brake disc. Its found near the generator rotor, somewhere above the magnetic coil.

The fragments will float ard the oil in the gearbox n get tossed ard. The crankshaft position is located to the right of the magnetic coil. Thus when the fragments come into contact with the sensor it probably tripped of the thing causing the bike to think that there is a problem. Since the engine stopped running, the fragment will remain there for a while n thus i cannot start the bike. Waiting for a while the fragment probably slips off thus i can restart. Hence the problem randomly occurs cos there is no way to predict when the fragments will come into contact with the sensor.

Yeah, i went down to the shop to tok to the salesperson n the chief mech. They said they will discuss it n give me an ans in a few days. Will keep u guys updated. I hope they will give me a satisfatory solution. I'd hate to have to use alternative not-so-amicable means to solve the matter.

Guess you guys will need some visual aid.

Here is the Gearbox n Mag coil etc

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/untitled.jpg

Open it up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/untitled1.jpg

Top left hand corner is the balancer driven gear, behind it is the scissors gear

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/untitled3.jpg

Here is the scissors gear. The label 3 is the washer i'm talking about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/untitled2.jpg

Originally posted by william_liu@January 12, 2007 02:14 pm

So can expect the previous bike shop to use that as an excuse... that this kind of problem cannot be detected by them....

:sian:

Yah but its not as if it happened a month or 2 after i took over the bike.

On the very 1st day i took the bike it stalled 3 times in less than 3 hrs. I even called up the salesperson the 1st time it stalled an he came over to help me. The next day i took it to the shop to get it checked.

So to say the least the bike was already faulty the very 1st day i bought it. So its hardly possible to push away the responsibility here. If they do try to shift the blame you can be sure i'll make it a big issue.

Had a "wonderful" discussion with the people at the shop where i bought my burgy. As expected, they gave the excuse of here n there blah blah blah and the only thing they could do for me was to bring the bike over to check for the remains of the washer in the crankcase. I'm not the least appeased by it and i've completely lost faith in this established company.

I'm looking into asking suzuki about the symptoms that would be caused by the broken washer to prove that i was right about the problems on my bike. Even if it does not help my case at least i know i was right. Well, another shop off my list of trusted shop and into my list of shops to avoid. They've just proven to me that customer relation management in singapore bikes shops have a lonnnnnnggggg way to go before it reaches anywhere near the standards of any 1st world country. As of now, it seems that we are only comparable to the worst of the 3rd world nations......

:cheer:

Hi yo all burgies... I'm seriously considering of getting a Burgman 400. General enquiry, where can I view/order this bike?

Do I contact:

SUZUKI AGENT

GUAN HOE CO.(M) PTE LTD

Workshop:

Block 1043, No.148,

Eunos Ave. 3, S(409847)

Tel: 6746 5910

Whats the rough OTR price of this beauty? Also, is the 2007 model in shops as similar to MD Ride Review: 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Honda Phantom TA200: Sep 04 - Dec 05

Ducati Monster M400: Dec 05 - Feb 07

Honda Silverwing FJS400D: Feb 07 - Jan 09

Honda Shadow 400: Nov 10 - Dec 11

Aprilia SR Max 300ie: Jul 12 - Mar 15

Btw, anyone knows how i can contact suzuki? Not thru the blasted agents here. Need some technical knowledge on the effects of the washer circulating in my crankcase.

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 14, 2007 01:55 am

Btw, anyone knows how i can contact suzuki? Not thru the blasted agents here. Need some technical knowledge on the effects of the washer circulating in my crankcase.

Maybe u can try asking those at the Burgman USA forum? Cos I think alot of the K7 owners wrote in to bring up the sqeaky sound problem.

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 16, 2007 11:54 am

Keeping this thread in view.... How come suddenly so quiet liao...? :confused:

Anyway for those interested in getting an aftermarket exhaust, Giannelli is working on another model of exhaust for our bike n i was told it looks pretty good.... I don't know when it'll be ready but do keep a lookout for it. From what i know there are no pics of it at the moment on the website.

This brand Mivv also have

http://static.blogo.it/motoblog/BurgmanMivv_01.jpg

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Originally posted by contacted@January 13, 2007 09:15 pm

:cheer:

Hi yo all burgies... I'm seriously considering of getting a Burgman 400. General enquiry, where can I view/order this bike?

Do I contact:

Whats the rough OTR price of this beauty? Also, is the 2007 model in shops as similar to MD Ride Review: 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Any kind souls?

Originally posted by william_liu@January 16, 2007 08:53 pm

1) Do you plan to get the latest K7 or older models? Brand new or 2nd hand?

2) For viewing, I'm not too sure but I remember seeing a new K7 in a motorshop somewhere near Lavender. :sorry:

3) OTR for a Burgman 400 should be around 12~13K brand new. And yup, the 2007 model should be as stated in the review.

:bounce:

1. I'm drooling over the latest model as in the video review shown at MotorcycleUSA.com. How do I find out the variants? All I can get from Suzuki is Del Piero :sian:

2) :smile:

3) I see, at least I know a rough figure, close to Silverwing. :smile:

So if I do decide to get a brand new one, where is the official dealer for Suzuki? Or do I head towards bike shops that deal in first hands.

Thanks William

1) Check out this site, look for AN400 Burgman on the left panel. There is a detailed list of all the models of the Burgman over there.

3) SUZUKI

Guan Hoe Co., (M) Pte Ltd

Block 1043, No. 148

Eunos Avenue 3

Singapore 409847

Telephone: 6746 5910

This is the workshop, think their main sales office is around macpherson or something, can give them a call.

No harm going to browse a few other shops to compare the price/service/promotions.

New features of the 2007 Burgman 400, taken from Suzuki.

New Features

Sporty new look with all-new headlights, bodywork and tailights.

All new easy-to-read instrument panel with analog speedometer and tachometer combined with LCD odometer, twin tripmeters, clock and all new average fuel consumption readout.

New larger windshield for increased rider comfort and creates a smooth flow of air over the rider

New larger 62 liter under-seat storage compartment is the largest in its class and can comfortably hold two full face helmets

New oval section exhaust system now meets Euro 3 emission regulations with a catalyzer and oxygen sensor

New larger 14 inch front wheel combined with new dual hydraulic disc brakes up front for improved stability and braking control

New Engine

New liquid-cooled, 400cc DOHC 4-valve engine - designed to produce broad, usable power with smooth/quiet operation and low maintenance

Engine Features

Electronic fuel injection system provides easy engine starts, precise throttle response, reduced fuel consumption and low emissions

Injector is mounted directly in the intake pipe and aimed directly at the intake valves for more efficient combustion

Electronically controlled pulsed-air injection system (PAIR), helps reduce emissions

Convenient electric starting system with maintenance-free battery

Belt-drive, CVT transmission is fully automatic and easy-to-use

High-efficiency liquid-cooling system includes thermostatically-controlled fan for consistent engine temperature under all operation conditions

Chassis Features

High-tensile steel-tube frame designed for strength and rigidity

Telescopic front fork with 41mm inner tubes for unmatched rider comfort and control

Link-type rear suspension features a single shock absorber with 7 way adjustable spring preload

Utility/Convenience Features

Convenient front glovebox compartment with DC-electrical accessory outlet, plus two additional storage compartments above the glovebox

Cut-away floorboards provide more space for rider'slegs when putting feet down

Tamper-resistant magnetic ignition switch cover for added security - ignition switch includes built-in seat latch operation

Convenient parking brake with easy-to-use single lever operation

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11896/burgman400_09.jpg

after 1mth of non-usage of my burgy, the brake levers felt spongy, esp the right one..

wat seems to be the prob? isit dangerous?

Originally posted by fooz@January 17, 2007 10:15 pm

after 1mth of non-usage of my burgy, the brake levers felt spongy, esp the right one..

wat seems to be the prob? isit dangerous?

moisture mabbe? or air bubbles?

Guest ah_sing

Just got a 2nd burgman 400. any tips and things to take note.

Its model is year 2000

Bought from private or shop?

Anyway keep an eye on the engine oil level, cos Burgman has been known to be rather 'thirsty' for EO due to some design flaw.

:sweat:

Other than that, perhaps if you got the spare cash can go service the CVT, at the same time can get it inspected.

Originally posted by william_liu@January 18, 2007 02:07 am

Bought from private or shop?

Anyway keep an eye on the engine oil level, cos Burgman has been known to be rather 'thirsty' for EO due to some design flaw.

Other than that, perhaps if you got the spare cash can go service the CVT, at the same time can get it inspected.

Actually its been said to be a general characteristic of engines that cause the eo to vapourised. I guess its the poor management air coming out of the breather nipple that is the issue.

so hows the eo consumption for your bike now william?

Originally posted by william_liu@January 18, 2007 09:08 am

Better, but not solved as I hoped.... :sian:

Its hard to solve it i guess. I was tinking how to be able to cool down the vapour enough such that the eo will condense back before it reaches the airbox. But then i was wondering whether that would cause water vapour to condense as well, if there is any..... :giddy:

I've seen some mesh in the crankcase that was for that purpose of filtering the air to the air box. was wondering if we use a long tube filled with the mesh would it be enough to trap the eo vapour?

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 18, 2007 09:41 am

I've seen some mesh in the crankcase that was for that purpose of filtering the air to the air box. was wondering if we use a long tube filled with the mesh would it be enough to trap the eo vapour?

Yah, actually I've been thinking along the same lines... but a bit worried about any adverse effects from doing that that may occur after a period of time (e.g.metal flakes from mesh falling into engine)...

:sian:

Just recieved a reply from a japanese colleague of mine. Asked him to help me contact Suzuki japan to ask about the effects of the washer coming into contact with the Crankshaft Position Sensor and here was the reply(translated from japanese):

The role of a wave-like washer of the scissors gear and the CKP sensor are as follows.

The CKP sensor (crank position sensor) sends the signal of the rpm of the engine to the FI control unit, and this signal decides the amount of a jet of the control unit. Therefore, when the CKP sensor signal doesn't operate normally, an appropriate injection quantity is not obtained, and it causes the engine stall etc. A wave-like washer exists between two washers, and is assembled at the left of the scissors gear.

The CKP sensor recognizes the top of the rotor. When a wave-like washer is dropped off in the rotor case, CKP sensor might be output an abnormal signal.

Cautions: The above is referring to Skywave 400K3 as the Japanese internal model.

Objectively, do you guys think that it is the cause to my problems? I don't want anyone to side me, i need some objective comments whether it would logically be related to my problem(i.e. it was the cause of the stalling problem i had on the 1st day i bought the bike)

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 22, 2007 04:11 pm

Hmmm, but wouldn't that mean more oil will be lost due to the escape of the vapour through the breather? And you might see smoke coming out of the breather... hehehe.... :sweat:

And also a loss in pressure of the air in the airbox mabbe? not too sure of the science of it.....

Must put an oil catch tank before it.. As for the air box no problem.. Older bikes and cars have breather tubes hanging out, but due to enviromental reasons now they channel it to the airbox.. So oil wun go to the road.. It's actually quite easy, but my problem is excessing to the breather tube.. :(

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

:smile:

Managed to find out the showroom contact and address from the workshop.

120 Rangoon Road (S) 218398

Tel: 62997939

Weekdays: Closed at 4:45pm

Saturday: 1pm

Spoke to a Mr. Ang (chinese speaking), nice chap.

They have the K7 model on display, both blue and grey.

Got a quote for Leo Vince full system for Burgman 400.... it's SGD698, before 20% discount. Worth or not? :sweat: :help:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@January 24, 2007 08:56 am

Got a quote for Leo Vince full system for Burgman 400.... it's SGD698, before 20% discount. Worth or not? :sweat: :help:

Lol.... i called them last week oso..... hahaha :cheeky:

Well, 698 after 20% is 558.4. Still got to order n wait for shipping to come in. Somehow i din think it was that expensive..... Mabbe you can get a quote from FS or Taihin on the price and compare?

Hmm last time I checked for GPR it's around S$800+/- :sweat:

So this price still quite okay... anyway got two types, which do you guys think is better?

SBK Alloy EVO II

or

4Road series

:sweat: :help:

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@January 24, 2007 02:33 pm

Hmm last time I checked for GPR it's around S$800+/- :sweat:

So this price still quite okay... anyway got two types, which do you guys think is better?

SBK Alloy EVO II

or

4Road series

:sweat: :help:

I din even know the sbk existed lol.....

But i think the sbk suits the bike more. the angle and the shape makes it look better. but any difference in terms of materials used?

Arcfire: I like the look of the '4 Road' more, but think the SBK is much lighter... think the whole '4 Road' is stainless steel, while the SBK can is aluminium.

lao uncle - Original I enquired 1 year ago think it's around 600+.... anyway aftermarket exhausts will come with LTA approval nowadays, so no need to worry about TP!

Originally posted by william_liu@January 24, 2007 06:09 pm

Arcfire: I like the look of the '4 Road' more, but think the SBK is much lighter... think the whole '4 Road' is stainless steel, while the SBK can is aluminium.

lao uncle - Original I enquired 1 year ago think it's around 600+.... anyway aftermarket exhausts will come with LTA approval nowadays, so no need to worry about TP!

Hmm aluminium.... wonder if it'll be durable..... scared later it break... haha :sweat:

Got warranty, but need to send back to Italy if really break

Oh, and btw, they say the 20% disc is the best price for the exhausts. No further discounts even if more is purchased at 1 go.

Originally posted by Arcfire@January 26, 2007 04:42 pm

Oh, and btw, they say the 20% disc is the best price for the exhausts. No further discounts even if more is purchased at 1 go.

Just found out price quoted is without LTA inspection.... o_O

Any idea how much that will cost?

Originally posted by william_liu@January 30, 2007 12:04 am

Just found out price quoted is without LTA inspection.... o_O

Any idea how much that will cost?

$50+

Which brings it to ~$600+