SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

Originally posted by Arcfire@February 12, 2007 12:23 pm

Agreed... and sometimes it costs much cheaper as well......

Hmmm, I would not say cheaper, how of course its much faster.

As the waiting time really kills man, if can get more khakis and orders together then maybe can save some on the freight cost.

I just got a new air filter and the cover for $134, directly from US.

To those of us who are SEARCHING…

True love cannot be found where it does not truly exist, nor can it be

hidden where it truly does. Love is magic. The more we hide it, the more it

shows. The more you suppress it, the more it grows.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you got mail atlantic. I bought mine at ASP Serangoon.

Now oni 300+km so not much to say accept I am still not accustomed to the engine braking effect (so strong) as I have been on scooters for 6yrs. There is oso this diesel engine sound which makes u wonder if this is norm??:giddy:

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778

Here's a website that may help 650 riders... think there's a much greater number of 650 riders in the States compared to S'pore..

:sweat:

If it's not too troublesome, may I know the price for info as well?

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@February 12, 2007 03:02 pm

Any problems with the 650 so far??

So far so good for mine, just that the K6 and the K7 got the auto windshield adjustment, and also the K7 colour is very beautiful.....

Its so tempting, if I got the extra cash I might get the K7.....

I think so long as you take care of your bike, shouldn't have much problem.

I came across the forum in US, something like, USA Burgman. there is this part that quote the engine oil overflow to the crankcase area, so I send mine in to 2 bikeshop for a check, and both said that they can't find any problem at all.

Then I send in again after a trip to KL, and there isn't any over-flow problem.

So I not such what the US guys mean, maybe there are some effect on certain batch, that I'm not sure, so long as mine are fine:cry:

Originally posted by adr77@February 12, 2007 03:58 pm

you got mail atlantic. I bought mine at ASP Serangoon.

Now oni 300+km so not much to say accept I am still not accustomed to the engine braking effect (so strong) as I have been on scooters for 6yrs. There is oso this diesel engine sound which makes u wonder if this is norm??:giddy:

Yup the engine brake is definately stronger then the smaller CC scooter, but its should not be that strong that you feel uncomfortable.

I went down to ASP to change some of the parts that is under warranty, and they rode mine after fixing it up and commented that mine is so much smoother compare to and one which they just got in, I can't remember the plate number, all I know is that Its start with FX42XX, the sales man commented that that one have very strong engine brake.

Got to ride yours then will know if its smoother then mine:sweat:

For those looking for a cheap Burgman 400 K1 see here.

Anyway does anyone have access to a 99-02 model parts manual for the Burgman 400? Want to check if the rear shock is the same for K2 and K3... cos got chassis change. :sweat:

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Interestingly enough, I've just come across a thread in the burgman USA site about their mufflers having to have things coming loose internally.

The greatest thing was that my muffler may be having the same shitty problem. The time when my bike was being repaired by my mechanic, i was told that the internal pipe was loose, rattling occasionally when my bike was started. Time to look hard at my pipe...... oh poor me... :cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Originally posted by SMOKEYPIPE@February 13, 2007 09:48 pm

HI BURGMAN OWNERS, ME TOO i AM TEMPTED TO GET A BURGMAN , BUT SOME OF THE SHOPS ADVISING ME AGAINST IT, SAYING THAT IT IS PROBLEMATIC ETC...., I KNOW IT MAY BE BIAS TO HEAR FROM THE OWNERS BUT THEN TO BE FAIR , I SHOULD TOO,

ARE THERE ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH THIS BIKE EXCEPT AS I HAVE READ PAST PSOT EO DISAPPEARING

HOPE THAT YOU GUYS CAN HELP !!!!

Brother,

Relax dont need to post in full caps :sweat:

Problematic or not i would say depends on how the riders take care of the bike.

I personally think its not that bad as compare to my previous rides.

However, if u must go for a bike which cant go wrong at the moment, u can also consider the SW400.

Originally posted by Edwin :D@February 14, 2007 10:20 am

Went to botak.... :cheeky: Had to cut open the exhaust and weld the silencer back in place... :help:

Icic.... ouch..... so now no rattling sound?

For me the sound is still bearable, just afraid that it might overheat the exhaust n melt the end cap like it did for the guys in the US.

Originally posted by SMOKEYPIPE@February 13, 2007 09:48 pm

HI BURGMAN OWNERS, ME TOO i AM TEMPTED TO GET A BURGMAN , BUT SOME OF THE SHOPS ADVISING ME AGAINST IT, SAYING THAT IT IS PROBLEMATIC ETC...., I KNOW IT MAY BE BIAS TO HEAR FROM THE OWNERS BUT THEN TO BE FAIR , I SHOULD TOO,

ARE THERE ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH THIS BIKE EXCEPT AS I HAVE READ PAST PSOT EO DISAPPEARING

HOPE THAT YOU GUYS CAN HELP !!!!

For me personally I haven't encountered any problems with my K3 after riding it for 1 1/2 yr.. EO loss dun consider as a problem I think.. Had a noisy rear wheel but it turned out to be a worn out bearing, wear and tear.. Other then that it's just twist and go for me.. Still the only think I hate about the bike is that pillion cannot hug the rider.. Takes away so much joy from those tian mimi ride..

:sian:

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Yo Terrible,

Did you do up your forks recently? Where did you get it done?

Originally posted by william_liu@February 16, 2007 09:31 am

Yo Terrible,

Did you do up your forks recently? Where did you get it done?

Dun say already, quite ex.. Think you can just go to GHC, they charge abt $80+ only..

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Originally posted by ah_huats@February 16, 2007 01:33 pm

Expensive cos quite a lot of worksman required for the job ...

Anyway, i got it done slightly cheaper den GHC :cheeky:

Think if u go KS ta pau fork oil seal and dust cover from KS and bring ur own fork oil lagi cheap.. :sweat:

Riot-Bike Co.

Originally posted by Arcfire@February 13, 2007 06:06 pm

Interestingly enough, I've just come across a thread in the burgman USA site about their mufflers having to have things coming loose internally.

The greatest thing was that my muffler may be having the same shitty problem. The time when my bike was being repaired by my mechanic, i was told that the internal pipe was loose, rattling occasionally when my bike was started. Time to look hard at my pipe...... oh poor me... :cry:

interestingly, i have this prob too!

when i gt the bike.. it was noisy, cz of the rattling.

took it down to 494 for a full insp upon transfr from the old owner.

it was a loose nut to hold onto the exhuast frame.

its quite hard to reach. botak took abt 20min.

not countin the fact that the exhuast still hot.

tink its a commmon prob, due to the strong vibrations.

FOR SALE (PM for more details)

-inline hockey guards,stick, gloves,pants

-ipod shuffle, 1GB, red, limited edition

Originally posted by william_liu@February 21, 2007 05:33 pm

You mean quiet? :cheeky:

Should be bah... all in the holiday mood.... :p

Anyway really feel like getting the oil consumption problem solved once and for all before looking for other mods...

Otherwise no point enhancing the ride, will probably go for a MP3 400cc or Gilera 500cc three-wheeler when they come out...

Lol.... going for tricycles now eh.....

Anyway i haven't been able to do the oil filter thing cos my mech said that there wasn't enough space to fit the bottle in. Unless you can find a place to put the bottle? I didn't want to drill an extra hole in my airbox so i wanted to stick to the original inlets and outlets.... They're too close to put anything in between and secure safely....

Originally posted by Arcfire@February 21, 2007 05:59 pm

Lol.... going for tricycles now eh.....

Anyway i haven't been able to do the oil filter thing cos my mech said that there wasn't enough space to fit the bottle in. Unless you can find a place to put the bottle? I didn't want to drill an extra hole in my airbox so i wanted to stick to the original inlets and outlets.... They're too close to put anything in between and secure safely....

I was thinking there is space behind the box, near the rear right hand side signal light....

Originally posted by william_liu@February 22, 2007 10:30 am

I was thinking there is space behind the box, near the rear right hand side signal light....

Wah, tats abit far to be routing the breather output to the airbox isn't it? :giddy:

Tink you'll have to find a way to secure the tubing as well if thats the case..... Or else the vibrations will make the tubings come off in a jiffy.....

I keep dreaming of how my Birger will look after the makeover.. now see already very depressed.. I wanna change my handlebar, dunno the KSR110 handle can use or not.. Wanna make it like Type-S liek that.. My wind screen comdamn already cos kena brake fulid, my mech say can cut.. So prob gonna cut and tint it.. Maybe even drill hole and put the side mirrors on the windscreen.. But firast must wait long long form y parts to come

Riot-Bike Co.

Originally posted by Arcfire@February 22, 2007 01:43 pm

Wah, tats abit far to be routing the breather output to the airbox isn't it? :giddy:

Tink you'll have to find a way to secure the tubing as well if thats the case..... Or else the vibrations will make the tubings come off in a jiffy.....

Now my breather tube use the screw type metallic holder to keep in place, so far no problem... and the tube is already quite long, so need another similar tube to route from oil catch bottle/tank to the airbox.... :sweat:

Originally posted by Terrible One@February 22, 2007 03:45 pm

I keep dreaming of how my Birger will look after the makeover.. now see already very depressed.. I wanna change my handlebar, dunno the KSR110 handle can use or not.. Wanna make it like Type-S liek that.. My wind screen comdamn already cos kena brake fulid, my mech say can cut.. So prob gonna cut and tint it.. Maybe even drill hole and put the side mirrors on the windscreen.. But firast must wait long long form y parts to come

Looks like you're the real Mod King! :clap:

Originally posted by Terrible One@February 22, 2007 03:45 pm

Motorworld have got the short tint/black windscreen from MRA.

Not so sure about price but guess is

Originally posted by ah_huats@February 23, 2007 08:02 am

Motorworld have got the short tint/black windscreen from MRA.

Not so sure about price but guess is

Wha.. not bad.. i tot it'll be more then $250.. Can consider

Riot-Bike Co.