SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

Yah, I also think it's the right hand side one... :sweat:

Anyway Arcfire bro, I don't mind ordering one set. Let me know if you want me to transfer the $$$ to you.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by william_liu@April 04, 2007 11:28 am

Yah, I also think it's the right hand side one... :sweat:

Anyway Arcfire bro, I don't mind ordering one set. Let me know if you want me to transfer the $$$ to you.

Ok... but we'll need more than 3 orders for the price of $30 to be effective.

I'm considering an MO for the bulbs but the hassle of collecting money and distribution is making me think twice whether its worth all the trouble.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Guys, i've just started an mo for the osram bulbs.

Still pending approval so keep a lookout for it. Prices are $30 for H4 and $40 for H7.

Never see the MO yet leh... :sweat:

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Out liao, I added my name liao :sweat:

Anyone else interested in the Osram bulbs?

Originally posted by CallsignDragon@April 09, 2007 11:18 pm

:smile: New owner of the Burgman 400...

Any suggestion, on running in of this new bike...bros

:cheeky:

did u brought the K7 ??

Run in i think it describle in the manual... not very sure how to run in cos i haven gotten any 1st hand bike myself :sian:

Welcome! For running in, just some of my personal opinions, the most important things to take note are:

1) If possible, shorten the interval of the first oil + oil filter change. This will ensure any impurities in the engine is removed. Use mineral or semi-synthetic oil as fully synthetic during the running in is 'overkill' and prevents the engine surfaces from 'mating' properly.

2) Try to vary the RPM while travelling. This will be much better than holding a constant RPM for long distance (highway running in) as it allows the engine to rev through its range. No specific RPMs to keep to, just make sure engine is warmed up a bit before moving off and of course avoid red-lining.

3) Think 2~3,000kms ought to be more than enough for running in. Finally, enjoy the ride and be extra careful while getting used to the bike!

Hope this helps! :smile:

Welcome!

There are basically 2 schools of thought on this issue. One is to stick to being a wuss and keep under a certain rpm and speed. The other is to just blow it away like how you would ride normally, bringing it to the full range of rpms. The second one requires a more religious change of engine oil to keep the engine at its best during the run in period.

Speaking of which..... our bike got red line meh? dun rem seeing red lines on my rpm meter... hahahaha :cheeky:

It's the imaginary redline.... :help:

Originally posted by CallsignDragon@April 10, 2007 11:00 pm

Thanks for the advise bros...

Where can I fix the rear box for the Burgman.

Rear box rack is not cheap... if u wan nice and good but slightly more expensive, u can contact bigcow. He is using H&H if not wrong...

And is it advisable to disable the side stand switch,

so as to warm up the engine, while the stand is still on the ground...:cheeky:

For GIVI can always check with 219 Chiap Lee (authorised dealer).

As for the side stand kill switch, it's possible to do it (I did) but I still warm up the bike on the main stand.

The side stand is more for if I forget to get something from box, then don't have to kill the engine etc etc usage.

My dad fix his at Chiap lee 4 ard 260+ with box. Fyi, try askin the 2 chaip lee shop to get the best price. Prices varies even under the same name.

My dad disabled his side stand switches due to his age. So far no prob but pls rem to lift up ur side stand when u ride. Actually puttin on main stand is no diff task, its jus technique that counts.

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778

Bro adr77, how's the fuel consumption of your Burg-er King?

:sweat:

Err not advisable.. You must make sure no one kapo go and taist ur throttle wen ur engine is running if not can go repsray your brand new bike already..

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Just to add an observation that i had after riding for 6 months....

It seems that the fuel consumption is really terok when you hang around between 3 and 4k rpm. Usually that occurs on slow traffic where the traffic moves at 20km/h, stops occasionally. But it seems that hanging around that mentioned rpm when travelling really slowing takes up much more fuel.

Compared to going throttling the way to above 4k and 5k rpm from stop, slow moving and light throttling seemed to give me crap for fuel consumption. High revving doesn't seem to take up as much fuel as low revving the bike. Anyone observed such a thing?

errr.... nope, haven't tried that. But logically, smooth acceleration from a stop compared to high acceleration should consume less fuel...

But if you maintain 5K and above revs during highway riding, this will translate to better FC compared to city riding, even if you use gentle throttling during city riding.

I was thinking along the lines that air flow during little throttle is not very optimised, i.e. less air, more fuel but when you gun the throttle, air flow becomes mush better, hence more air and more fuel, giving a gd mixture which in turn give rise to better fuel consumption.

I've tried moving with cars in a peak hour jam or lane splitting at a very slow speed, keeping at 4k to 5K from stop and travel at 70-80km/h at about 5k rpm, i get relatively ok fuel consumption(about 25-26km/L)

give it a try and see if it makes a difference.

Originally posted by william_liu@April 11, 2007 07:38 pm

Bro adr77, how's the fuel consumption of your Burg-er King?

:sweat:

Its ard 20-22km/l depending whether u use manual/power/normal mode. Using manual mode often will giv a better FC. After change EO & GO to Maxima, FC now more than 22 cannot confirm whether is Maxima the main cause.:confused:

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778