SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Majesty 250/400 Cafe 2008

cikgu

Have just changed my V-Belt recently at 15570miles and noticed that the condition of the belt is still much the same before my last k'l trip at ard 11000+miles. My mechanic fren is quite impressed with the condition as he help me checked it before we went k'l. Add on another 10000km would not be a problem. So all YP400 bros, do not waste your money (ard $180) to replace the belt at 20000km.

Another finding with the yamaha parts dealer shows that out of the 30++ YP400 in SGP, no one bothers to change the right hand side air filter n most of them changed their left hand side air filter. The fact that the L/H air filter is only a V-Belt air filter while the R/H one is the carb air filter. I too make this mistake and have requested that uncle to place the order which will prob come in Sept.

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by adr77@Jul 25 2005, 12:09 AM

For a 250cc Jap scoot, fuel consumption is normally above 29km/l as reference to my ex honda foresight @ 33-35km/l. Even for YP400, consumption is already @ 23-25km/l using Shell 98 for both. Is your bike leaking fuel or the carburettor faulty?

Ya...maybe the problem lies with the carburettor. After stopping and switch off the engine, can smell petrol smell. May be has to ask e machanic to check the carburettor....thanks for your point.

My present experience. Is the result of my past action

My present action, will be my future experience.

Originally posted by EarlyBird@Jul 25 2005, 06:26 PM

Ya...maybe the problem lies with the carburettor. After stopping and switch off the engine, can smell petrol smell. May be has to ask e machanic to check the carburettor....thanks for your point.

Hey mine has petrol smell after stop too

Just bought this majesty250 2000 yr model.

Left side the thing covering the belt seems flimsy and loose (issit normal?).

Whenever stop smell petrol (issit normal?).

Pickup is quite good I should say, for a 250cc scoot...

I love the compartments (first time ride scoot...)

The bike is extremely light, very easy to maneuvoure when pushing.

Wheels very small (12"), therefore handlebar seems to swing to easily, not too confident durinng cornering.

http://www.smsbuffet.com/~smsbuff/pics/temp/majesty-leftfront.jpg

http://www.smsbuffet.com/~smsbuff/pics/temp/majesty-rightback.jpg

Originally posted by MrBoliao@Jul 25 2005, 08:47 PM

Hey mine has petrol smell after stop too

mine look like urs. i think same model. but dun have the petrol smell. as for the loose part i think its wear and tear. by the way have u found a smilar bike? my fren looking for one too

qui est??? c'est moi, je m'appel brian.

Originally posted by MrBoliao@Jul 25 2005, 08:58 PM

Wheels very small (12"), therefore handlebar seems to swing to easily, not too confident durinng cornering.

Nice condition, thought i saw this bike recently along lentor. If jap 250cc scoot carb r quite similiar, I did like to point out that the hinge portion for the plastic fuel float inside the carb can be spoilt n thus fuel leaking n wastage is common. I have changed my carb once aft near 30,000km due to this prob and it happens again aft another 25,000km n thats when I sold it for YP400.

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778

Originally posted by adr77@Jul 26 2005, 12:40 AM

Nice condition, thought i saw this bike recently along lentor. If jap 250cc scoot carb r quite similiar, I did like to point out that the hinge portion for the plastic fuel float inside the carb can be spoilt n thus fuel leaking n wastage is common. I have changed my carb once aft near 30,000km due to this prob and it happens again aft another 25,000km n thats when I sold it for YP400.

mine's already 75000km and I dunnoe wat the 1st owner has done haha

2nd owner neva rode the bike.

Probably I need to hav the carb checked out. Where did you service yours? What shop is good for majesty?

Anyway a few more qns:

1) Notice that on startup it seems to have autochoke, then during the autochoke the pipe has a cracking sound like frying something.

2)The "change oil" button whats the use?

3) Does anyone else have the problem of finding that correct point where the key can turn to open the seat?

Originally posted by MrBoliao@Jul 26 2005, 02:08 AM

Probably I need to hav the carb checked out. Where did you service yours? What shop is good for majesty?

Anyway a few more qns:

1) Notice that on startup it seems to have autochoke, then during the autochoke the pipe has a cracking sound like frying something.

2)The "change oil" button whats the use?

3) Does anyone else have the problem of finding that correct point where the key can turn to open the seat?

i think ours are same model, the only place tat are familiar wif majesty are yamaha agen, cos not many majasty on the road, i serviced mine at tai hin the last time and the only time haha. as for the oil change light it idicate the time for u to change ur oil, its ... i think mileage base, so it will just light up when the mile is reached, but usually at the time when the oil can last another cycle. so u just reset the button if the oil level is ok. and its also tell u if the oil level is low

Originally posted by MrBoliao@Jul 25 2005, 08:58 PM

http://www.smsbuffet.com/~smsbuff/pics/temp/majesty-leftfront.jpg

nice scoot :thumb:

Originally posted by br1an_ong@Jul 26 2005, 08:45 AM

i think ours are same model, the only place tat are familiar wif majesty are yamaha agen, cos not many majasty on the road, i serviced mine at tai hin the last time and the only time haha. as for the oil change light it idicate the time for u to change ur oil, its ... i think mileage base, so it will just light up when the mile is reached, but usually at the time when the oil can last another cycle. so u just reset the button if the oil level is ok. and its also tell u if the oil level is low

Thanks for the answers :) , then botak at wonderful got do majesty or not ah, cos HL oways veri busy...

Anyway a few more qns:

After inserting the key, use your finger to lift up the key at the plastic "key holder" at that position turn the key to anti clockwise....this is how I open my seat compartment......Miss my Majesty sia... :slapforehead:

especially in this raining season...:cheers:

My present experience. Is the result of my past action

My present action, will be my future experience.

Originally posted by MrBoliao@Jul 26 2005, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the answers :) , then botak at wonderful got do majesty or not ah, cos HL oways veri busy...

i think most bike shop do majesty b4 just tat not that often, u go more often loh than they will be familiar wif our type of bike :p

Originally posted by EarlyBird@Jul 26 2005, 09:06 PM

After inserting the key, use your finger to lift up the key at the plastic "key holder" at that position turn the key to anti clockwise....this is how I open my seat compartment......Miss my Majesty sia... :slapforehead:

ur majesty no more?? so sad .. one less majesty kaki.. anyway still how to meet up wif u sometime for kopi

Originally posted by EarlyBird@Jul 26 2005, 09:06 PM

Wah got so chime meh haha , but now I more and more used to it liao can open quite fast. 1st few times need to twist and twist the key kanot find the "point".

Originally posted by br1an@Jul 26 2005, 09:28 PM

i think most bike shop do majesty b4 just tat not that often, u go more often loh than they will be familiar wif our type of bike :p

Why not you go more more lah haha. Anyway I'll check out botak someday.

So is the majesty your sub-bike? What other bikes you riding now?

sent my FQ yp250 to botak on monday coz bike cannot idle for long. turn out he was spot on saying that the front pulley got problem...coz my wheels keep spinning whne bike is on main stand and w/o operating the throttle.cannot even stop the rear wheel wth his feet.

open up everything and the front pulley plate, black metal sliders and slider clips, clutch springs, clutch plate, air filter were all broken/disintergrated!!!

end up i change the plate, 8 rollers, 4 sliders, 4 slider clips, belt($95) and clutch assy($135). total spent $394...:giddy: luckily only the clucth assy comes as a whole and the rest can be bought separately.:smile: if not...

but he like dont come to work on time. i reached @ 11. waited 1/2 hrs.repair till 3+ coz initially he dint saw that the clutch assy spoilt so he got to make another trip to get the spares.

wanna ck whther any guyz have change the above items at a cheaper price?

BTW where can i get back rest for my box? Around how much?

AN650L3 (current): All mod transferred.

SW-T400 (till oct 13): voltmeter, safety features disabled. coocase v36+remote. Adjustable, folding Brake levers. Givi AF318 windshield. on-off switch(pilot light, head light, hazard light), electrical seat unlatch,Dr pulley.

AN400K6 (apr07-dec11): side deflectors, J Costa variator, Dr pulley slider + HiT clutch.

YP250, RVF400/RS250, NSF125.

Originally posted by MrBoliao@Jul 27 2005, 01:49 AM

Why not you go more more lah haha. Anyway I'll check out botak someday.

So is the majesty your sub-bike? What other bikes you riding now?

Look like MaIkEr have answer your question. :smile: If you happen to go there and see me, just say hi to me. :smile: Me always go there tok cok. :cheeky: Riding X9 Evo 250, sliver colour.

any bro here wan to sell their YP400??looking for a scooter,as i wan to change my forsight to something more big n powerful.sms mi ur selling price n yr of bike if u r selling.

WANTED PART-TIME WORKER IN WEST N NORTH SIDE,WORKING HOUR FROM 9AM-5PM(WEEKDAY)

SMS : 8135 2345

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

TA200 phantom FU plate for CHEAP sale.

black colour,Servicing done regularly,Low Mileage,come with 3 box,big front crash bar.$1700 neg,call/sms 81352345

R1 ACCESSORIES for sale!!

1.)Original 04'R1 rear shocks used for a week for sale at $150neg. In very good condition.

2.)used 02-03 R1 headlight protecter (tited)for sale,$15

pls PM mi!!

pic in here

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....=0#entry1817185

1998-1999~~~Yamaha LC125~~~~~~~(FA36*)

1999-2001~~~Piaggio Hexagon150~~~(FM702*)

1999-1999~~~Yamaha WR200~~~~~~(FN52**)

2000-2005~~~Yamaha R1~~~~~~~~~~(FS564*)

2000-2002~~~Piaggio Hexagon200~~~(FT31**)

2001-2004~~~Suzuki GSX400SP-II~~~(FM710*X)

2002-2005~~~Honda Forsight250~~~~(FP767*J)

2003-2003~~~Renault kangoo~~~~~~~(GN7***)

2004-20??~~~Toyota Celica1.8SS1~~(SDU8***)

2005-2005~~~Mazda121~~~~~~~~~~~(SBU8***)

2005-20??~~~Honda TA200~~~~~~~~(FU1***Z)

2005-20??~~~Toyota vios~~~~~~~~~(SGC****S)

I always svc my scoot at my fren workin bike shop. don wish to recommend as the boss there dun giv a gd price but I still goes there b'cos of my fren.

I think you better have a thorough chk on all the bearings and cvt sys too to ensure its road worthiness.

HL is good technically as they got a TM to follow but not satis in pricing n service. If u really cannot find one workshop, i will PM u my fren's workplace.

Originally posted by adr77@Jul 28 2005, 12:51 AM

I always svc my scoot at my fren workin bike shop. don wish to recommend as the boss there dun giv a gd price but I still goes there b'cos of my fren.

I think you better have a thorough chk on all the bearings and cvt sys too to ensure its road worthiness.

HL is good technically as they got a TM to follow but not satis in pricing n service. If u really cannot find one workshop, i will PM u my fren's workplace.

Hi,

Real thanks for the help! actually I sorted out my majesty's internal organs at Kenny Seaw's place liao. Everything's fine, juz that since tia liao and I dunnoe when the prev owner's serviced, so I changed the belt, rollers, engine oil, gear oil, plug.

Also checked the coolant, wheel bearings. All seem fine :).

btw I'm looking for super heavy balancers that fit the majesty. Our bikes the balancer is the one piece type (without separate screw) so like a bit hard to find the big ones.