SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

Zon

Thanks S750WP. I saw a picture of the fuse box in the Bandit manual and recall seeing on my bike. It should be on the right side panel.

About your suggestion to warm the bike for 10-15 mins, I've tried that and the fan does not come on. Looks like it's likely the thermo switch is faulty.

I've already wire up a switch and is planning to install it parallel across the thermo switch.

Will have to find the time to install it.

Yamaha Power Valve, Suzuki scrambler, Honda Scrambler (1992 - 1998)

Suzuki Swift : 2001 - 2003

Honda City : 2003 - 2011

Honda Civic VTI : 2011 - 2015

Suzuki Impulse GSX400V 2014 - 2017, extend till Oct 2022 (Scrap in Nov 2020) 😢

Honda Vezel : 2015 - Nov 2025

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Hi peeps, i got a pair of KYB original rear shocks for sale. Original red springs. Appearance is not tip top, scratches on spring, no stickers bla bla.

BUT its in excellent mechanical order, recently rebuilt at BIKELAB. New Seals, oil, straighten n rechrome e shaft. Better than new.

Selling cos prefer e look without shock reservoir.

2000 RD125LC TZR125, 2002 RD125LC, 2003 RXK, 2004 XLR185, 2005 CB400PB1 UC150 Epicuro, 2007 CBR150, 2008 NX650 CB750F2

2010 TA200 XR200R, 2011 DR650

• 2 months later...

Just sharing......

Before

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/3cc85a46dd9b43f9e0c37408a8c4b98d.jpg

After

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/f6b3decba4a9ae0f38461ca73ff46f4d.jpg

2000 RD125LC TZR125, 2002 RD125LC, 2003 RXK, 2004 XLR185, 2005 CB400PB1 UC150 Epicuro, 2007 CBR150, 2008 NX650 CB750F2

2010 TA200 XR200R, 2011 DR650

• 4 months later...

hi everyone,

digging up this old thread because i am having some issues with my old new purchased impulse. Rain is getting into the gas tank and i have totally cleaned out the tank and the overflow drainage but water is still sipping into the gas tank. i suspect its because of a leak from the gas cap? anyone has any ideas how to prevent this or where can i get a new gas cap for the impulse?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Not sure if compatible with other models. You can try KS (along Jln Besar) but I have not bought anything from them before. Other option is GH along Rangoon Road. When my rear brake switch had a problem, I went and bought from them. Since they are AD for Suzuki, I think they can order even if no stock.

By the way, maybe it's just the 'O' ring that's broken.

I think mine had 'O' ring. I'll need to check.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New original spare parts for impulse available below which I got from KS Motor, much cheaper than dealer GH.

Msg me @ nine 6 five 6 eight 6 nine zero if you need.

Radiator - $280

CDI - $350

water pump - $150

valve gasket set (top overhaul) - $150

air filter - $25

• 2 months later...

Long time no post here.....

My ride will expire in 17 months. With PQP at 6K, can't convince myself to extend it :weep:

Hopefully COE will slide in 2017 and I can extend it.

Thanks for the offer but not at the moment

• 3 months later...

Assalamualaikum/Hello to fellow bikers...

Price : $19.90 Only with installation !!!LOWEST PRICE IN CAROUSELL !!!

100% Genuine Made In USA.

Over 400 pairs were sold !!!

PROMOTION !!!

Buy 2 pairs and above at $18/= per pair only !!! Purchase 4 pairs and above and enjoy free delivery + installation..

Contact me at 83885695 (Wan)

Pls check my listing at Carousell :

https://carousell.com/grabongrip

* 100 pairs sold in a month !! Customers who bought it, recommended to their friends coz this product WERKZ !!!

A MUST HAVE for your daily ride !!

-----------------------------------

- Grab On Grip covers reduce vibration and give you a softer feel, reducing hand and wrist fatigue, so you won't have that tingly feeling in your hands after a long ride.

- There are riders riding sportbikes with low handle bars, complain of sore palms from leaning on the grips for so long. With Grab On Grip covers, these problems will be a thing of the past !!!

- Grab On Grip covers allow you to ride in more comfort, especially on those long rides. PERFECT for the daily commuter, tour rider, and sport riders alike.

Features

---------

- Slip over existing grips for greater comfort, or to renew worn grips.

- Work with heated or standard grips.

- Save $$$, no need change the whole heater grip system which is very costly.

- Shock absorbing EPDM foam for a smoother ride.

- Provide comfort to wrist and palm. (Great for touring !!)

- Glove friendly.

- Extra durable, ozone, UV, gas and oil resistant

- Grip Covers MC402/width 1.25-1.45"/5"Length.

** Fits class 2, 2A, 2B bikes as long as its a standard grip, it can fit .

** There's customers that bought and fit it on their bicycles too !!!

Great for city riding where there's lots of traffic light, your hand will be tired during the on going "stop go" situation, this product will help to ease the stress on palm n wrist. Highly recommended for despatch/delivery riders.

"Once you try it, you'll LOVE it"

NOTE : Lot of customers been asking what's the difference between Grab On Grip with another brand that's selling @ $30-$35.

Ans :

- 1st of all, Grab on Grip is Made in USA while the other grip is Made in UK. So the difference in currencies. USD vs Pound Sterling

- Difference in QUALITY. No doubt both are EPDM Foam but customers that have used Grab On Grip and have tried the "other brand", eventually came back to use Grab On Grip. Customers claimed that the "other brand" became smelly after using it for awhile and it tends to slip to the balancer causing the throttle to "stuck" which is VERY DANGEROUS. They have never face this problem when using Grab On Grip. Well, expensive things doesn't mean its good.

- Some customers asked how come mine is "cheaper" than the rest ?

Ans : There's no need for me to claim i'm the "dealer/distributor" when the product i sell is 100% Genuine Made in USA.. As a biker, I wanted to share my great experience of using this product for more than 5 years at an affordable price.

------------------------------------

Tags : BMW - All models. Ducati - All Models. KTM - All Models. Harleys (Only if its standard grips. Those oversize grips, can't fit). Triumph - All models. Moto Guzzi, Reiju, Kawasaki - All models. Honda - All models. Yamaha - All models. Phantom, RXZ, Piaggio Vespa Gilera, Motard, Scramblers, Kups.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337217[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337219[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337220[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337221[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337222[/ATTACH]

#GrabOnGrip #GOG

"Shut Up n Ride"

Hey guys need your opinion, my impulse coe expire in dec this year. Should i renew coe? I fear that parts are limited and hard to find. Is it true?

you should renew your coe yo!..u can find spare parts easily at guan hoe..if the parts not readily on hand...they can order for u with minimal shipping fee...like a couple of bucks.....or eversuccess tooo...

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Hey guys need your opinion, my impulse coe expire in dec this year. Should i renew coe? I fear that parts are limited and hard to find. Is it true?

I will be in this dilemma in 12 months time.

Current PQP is @ $6,370... not a small amount but compare to the price ppl are asking for their used bike, renewing is not a bad option. At this amount, annual depreciation of the COE is $637, so monthly is $53. Go where to find?

So parts availability is something to consider. Pufferfis is probably right that we should be able to get them from Guan Hoe.

But then, if the bike is installment free and should a day come when parts are obsolete, then we can scrap the bike and get back the unused portion of the COE.

Do update when you have make a decision.

I will be in this dilemma in 12 months time.

Current PQP is @ $6,370... not a small amount but compare to the price ppl are asking for their used bike, renewing is not a bad option. At this amount, annual depreciation of the COE is $637, so monthly is $53. Go where to find?

So parts availability is something to consider. Pufferfis is probably right that we should be able to get them from Guan Hoe.

But then, if the bike is installment free and should a day come when parts are obsolete, then we can scrap the bike and get back the unused portion of the COE.

Do update when you have make a decision.

Thanks for the advice guys, for now my mind is set to scrap the bike as it is starting to leak pretty bad.

Thanks for the advice guys, for now my mind is set to scrap the bike as it is starting to leak pretty bad.

perhaps you should see where is it leaking from?..Is it the coolant leaking?...or is it engine oil leaking and where is it coming from?maybe its just the crankshaft oil seal need to be changed?...cheers...

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

perhaps you should see where is it leaking from?..Is it the coolant leaking?...or is it engine oil leaking and where is it coming from?maybe its just the crankshaft oil seal need to be changed?...cheers...

engine oil leaking and its not from the crankshaft seal. =(

• 2 weeks later...
engine oil leaking and its not from the crankshaft seal. =(

maybe u can spray clean the area w wd 40 or kerosene den get it clean so u can trace the source of your oil leak...sometimes it can be just one of our oil seals or just the clutch cover gaskets or valve cover gasket?..cheers....ride to guan hoe for an opinion perhaps?...

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what is the capacity of the petrol tank? I read that it is 16L.

It seems that I have to switch to reserve after 150km and when I top up, it's always less than 8 liters.

Something wrong with my petcock?

Does anyone know what is the capacity of the petrol tank? I read that it is 16L.

It seems that I have to switch to reserve after 150km and when I top up, it's always less than 8 liters.

Something wrong with my petcock?

i had the same problem with you but mine no fuelcock instead use those with bars....i usually only filled like between 15.5 and 16.3l when reach one bar and when the capacity is supposedly 20litre so wat i did was i pump everything out and pour in 2litres and ride into jb from woodlands and hey i can fill up 19 litres pretty easy....

Thanks for the info.... so the Impulse has a 16~20L petrol tank.

Hmmm... so for me to need to switch to reserve after 7L is crazy. I might still have 9~13L in the tank when I am running in reserve.

Thanks for the info.... so the Impulse has a 16~20L petrol tank.

Hmmm... so for me to need to switch to reserve after 7L is crazy. I might still have 9~13L in the tank when I am running in reserve.

ooops i didnt mean impulse has a 20litre tank...wat i meant im riding an another suzuk bike with 20 litre tank but only fill up like 15 to 16 litres...with the same problem as u...so i pump out everything n put in 2 litres n ride straight into jb from woodlands....so can get fill up to 19 litres so probably i use up around 1 litre riding into jb ...unfortunately i dont have a reserve switch

for your case perhaps you can carry around a 3 litre petrol can so when u ride the bike until reserve...top it up w 2 or 3 litres exactly and note the mileage when u reach reserve......