SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

Zon

samir, seems like not many people want to meet. Only you and I turned-up the last time ..... right? Manjan?

yup.. im still keen on a meet-up. :cheeky:

The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.

The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.

1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?

2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, only problem for me is that it has the streetfighter looks(quite nice) when I took over from samir, and I prefer the original classic naked bike look. So now, I'm looking into converting it back to its original look.

Right now it has scrambler parts - cowling lights, meters, handlebar, indicators, shocks, anodized forks, single-seat, new switches, respray, etc. Imagine how much it will cost to replace these scrambler parts with original parts, including two-seater seat and subframe. Actually, samir made it look new and nice if you like the streetfighter looks. But I'm a rider not a streetfighter and, at my age(with 1 wife and 3 kids), fighting is way past me.

Also, its COE expires 04/08. That means with $1k COE premium and spending $2k - $3k in conversion might cost me $3k - $4k more if I want to keep a lesser-value bike. How, keeping this bike or milk powder more important?

Anyone about to scrap an Impulse wanna donate your bike to me so that I can gently, tenderly and reverently remove and transfer its parts to mine and thereby preserve the memory of your baby? - at least on my bike. Such a waste seeing nice bikes and cars being scrapped and cut-up, a bit like BumbleBee being scrapped and smashed to bits - BumbleBits.

What to do? Moreover, samir kept it in very good condition. He spent a lot of time and money(not including heartaches) on it to make it look brand-new. It'll be such a waste if it is scrapped. Anybody wanna buy an excellent-looking streetfighter single-seat Impulse? (samir, I'll give you a cut)

QUOTE]

Mine is the classic look.. and coe also due in May'08. the only thing i changed are the horns.. the stock ones didnt seem to deter other road users from cutting into my lane (without signalling) - i suspect the horns were definitely not as loud as it should be.

so i got a pair of Hella Supertone. :angel:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Just recently took over an impulse from a forumer. Decent ride i must add and

Anyway bike comes with a gold colour Pro-Taper Bar with clampdowns and the scrambler carbon fibre look type of mirrors. Gives a nice look but alas, wife prefers a ride with a slightly narrower original controls.

Am looking to swap with any Impulse rider with a set good of Original Handlebars + Mirrors for the one i have.

Of cos i can prob strip it out and sell onwards n prob cover a new one but would prefer the earlier choice.

Contact me @ 90697926 if anyone is interested. A meetup, if time allows, would also be nice!

Cheers

bars n mirrors.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Anyway bike comes with a gold colour Pro-Taper Bar with clampdowns and the scrambler carbon fibre look type of mirrors. Gives a nice look but alas, wife prefers a ride with a slightly narrower original controls.

Am looking to swap with any Impulse rider with a set good of Original Handlebars + Mirrors for the one i have.

Of cos i can prob strip it out and sell onwards n prob cover a new one but would prefer the earlier choice.

Contact me @ 90697926 if anyone is interested. A meetup, if time allows, would also be nice!

Cheers

Hey, this bar looks familiar... isn't it Full Blaze's bike?

Anw, i juz gotten myself an impulse, wana ask about something...

Does impulse get heated up easily? its like when i do harsh acceleration, i do feel the heat from the engine at my legs very quickly... is it normal to feel the heat?

which bike shop do u all recommend for servicings and what are the servicings i need to do besides engine oil and spark plugs? coolant? how often? wat else?

its really so rare to find an impulse on the road.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that's close enough.

Hey, this bar looks familiar... isn't it Full Blaze's bike?

Anw, i juz gotten myself an impulse, wana ask about something...

Does impulse get heated up easily? its like when i do harsh acceleration, i do feel the heat from the engine at my legs very quickly... is it normal to feel the heat?

which bike shop do u all recommend for servicings and what are the servicings i need to do besides engine oil and spark plugs? coolant? how often? wat else?

its really so rare to find an impulse on the road.

yes it is rare, tho i have come across 1-2 impulse on the road.:thumb:

regarding the heat issue: mine recently started feeling hotter after a road trip to KL. what i did was to top up the coolant water with normal water, and ever since i've been monitoring. This topping up was done in Feb 08. Now in Apr 08, the heat is starting to return. A perm measure would be to flush the coolant and replace w new coolant.

Anyways, how the FC of your impulse like? :cool:

Hi guys,

Cheers

a meetup will be good. :thumb:

yes it is rare, tho i have come across 1-2 impulse on the road.:thumb:

regarding the heat issue: mine recently started feeling hotter after a road trip to KL. what i did was to top up the coolant water with normal water, and ever since i've been monitoring. This topping up was done in Feb 08. Now in Apr 08, the heat is starting to return. A perm measure would be to flush the coolant and replace w new coolant.

Anyways, how the FC of your impulse like? :cool:

I haven monitor the fuel consumption yet... but i estimate it to be about 280km from full to reserve with pillion half the time and harsh acceleration sometimes. and i juz added a broquet in my tank.

its been getting hot around the 2 chrome pieces near the leg whenever i travel for 15min or more... for the coolant, i can't find the place on my bike to top up, anyone can direct me? and how much to top up? top up with tap water can?

Thanks Manjan for the reply. I'm on for a meet-up too!

had been pretty satisfied with my impulse so far... anw, it used to be chiky's bike... wanted to buy it initially then it was sold to another seller, den eventually he sold it and i got it! and i like this bike a lot.

feeling excited for a meet up, really would like to learn from the "lao jiaos" on impulse. anyone going for servicing soon please ask me to tag along.

cheers for impulse!

Just scrapped my Impulse:weep: . But I've salvaged some parts - tail section, full exhaust system, tank, ignition coils, CDI, brake calipers with steel-braided hoses, bitubo rear shocks, fusebox, spark plug cables, carburettor set, airbox-to-carb rubber flanges, etc. Many of them useful as spares for that rainy day.

Spent so many days dismantling - like a slow sending-off. Anyone wanna keep them as spares? Come have a look to make an offer. And I am sorry, it will have to be first-come-first-served, no reserve.

Such a waste of a good bike. Somemore thought of buying Michael's bike to transfer parts.

Edited by Frank y

Just scrapped my Impulse:weep: . But I've salvaged some parts - tail section, full exhaust system, tank, ignition coils, CDI, brake calipers with steel-braided hoses, bitubo rear shocks, fusebox, spark plug cables, carburettor set, airbox-to-carb rubber flanges, etc. Many of them useful as spares for that rainy day.

Spent so many days dismantling - like a slow sending-off. Anyone wanna keep them as spares? Come have a look to make an offer. And I am sorry, it will have to be first-come-first-served, no reserve.

Such a waste of a good bike. Somemore thought of buying Michael's bike to transfer parts.

SMS 96733004 if you intend to come to have a look, cos can't answer when riding - still have other bikes.

its a pity to hear a fellow impulse being scrapped... but at least u did salvage the parts.

this thread is starting to revive again, hope to hear from more impulse riders!

I haven monitor the fuel consumption yet... but i estimate it to be about 280km from full to reserve with pillion half the time and harsh acceleration sometimes. and i juz added a broquet in my tank.

its been getting hot around the 2 chrome pieces near the leg whenever i travel for 15min or more... for the coolant, i can't find the place on my bike to top up, anyone can direct me? and how much to top up? top up with tap water can?

Thanks Manjan for the reply. I'm on for a meet-up too!

well.. not really a lao jiao, had this bike for a little more than 6mths. to top up coolant, you need to remove the tank. very simple process -

1. remove seat

2. remove the 2 bolts that fasten the tank

3. when you shift the tank, there are 3 hoses (1 big, 2 small)

4. Only the 2 small hose can remove, so take note where it should go to.

5. you will see a cap directly under the tank where the fuel cap is, on the tank.

6. top up coolant from there.

thats what i did the last time, and yes, with tap water. Been monitoring the situation. for me, if tap water can last 1-2 mths, then why not?

Your fc is amazing. mine was 270+ km before reserve when i first started out. then i increased the idling to 1.2, cos it was not easy to start the bike in the mornings. Not sure why, and a friend suggested could be carbs need tuning. In the process, my fc has been consistent at 22.2km/ltr.

its a pity to hear a fellow impulse being scrapped... but at least u did salvage the parts.

this thread is starting to revive again, hope to hear from more impulse riders!

I sent my bike to Ah Ahn Trading, 27 Jln Buroh to scrap. Ah Ahn(helpful guy), showed me another Impulse which was scrapped just a while before mine. So if you want somemore parts, go there. What he showed me was only the engine, the rest of that bike should be somewhere inside.

I sent my frame with whole engine and inlet manifold, front forks(gold color - the tow-truck guy wanted this for his Spec3, but doesn't fit), front and rear wheels with tires(brand-new) and swingarm to his scrapshop.

I'm checking whether some of of my Impulse parts can fit my present bike. Handlebar, headlamps, rear light cluster, and Bitubo shocks are generic motard parts which many S4 riders use.

I wonder whether the Impulse fuel tank can fit my bike. Anyway, make an offer that's cheaper than Ah Ahn for any Impulse parts, and if you are an Impulse owner, you've got a deal. I just that it's such a waste to scrap all these stuff - also, save the world, recycle and all that.

I also wonder whether the starter, CDI, both ignitions coils and spark plug cables can fit my bike. Very useful to bring along if I ride up Malaysia. Wah lau, bring spare parts for whole bike when riding up:P .

Edited by Frank y

well.. not really a lao jiao, had this bike for a little more than 6mths. to top up coolant, you need to remove the tank. very simple process -

1. remove seat

2. remove the 2 bolts that fasten the tank

3. when you shift the tank, there are 3 hoses (1 big, 2 small)

4. Only the 2 small hose can remove, so take note where it should go to.

5. you will see a cap directly under the tank where the fuel cap is, on the tank.

6. top up coolant from there.

thats what i did the last time, and yes, with tap water. Been monitoring the situation. for me, if tap water can last 1-2 mths, then why not?

Your fc is amazing. mine was 270+ km before reserve when i first started out. then i increased the idling to 1.2, cos it was not easy to start the bike in the mornings. Not sure why, and a friend suggested could be carbs need tuning. In the process, my fc has been consistent at 22.2km/ltr.

that's very helpful bro! so i just top up to full? there're should be a estimation i can top up to rite?

my bike starts with just one crank any time of the day w/o even trottling! i'm not too sure about my fuel consumption yet. but with the broquet in the tank, i believe it should be slightly better than normal.

thanks for the help!

I sent my bike to Ah Ahn Trading, 27 Jln Buroh to scrap. Ah Ahn(helpful guy), showed me another Impulse which was scrapped just a while before mine. So if you want somemore parts, go there. What he showed me was only the engine, the rest of that bike should be somewhere inside.

I sent my frame with whole engine and inlet manifold, front forks(gold color - the tow-truck guy wanted this for his Spec3, but doesn't fit), front and rear wheels with tires(brand-new) and swingarm to his scrapshop.

I'm checking whether some of of my Impulse parts can fit my present bike. Handlebar, headlamps, rear light cluster, and Bitubo shocks are generic motard parts which many S4 riders use.

I wonder whether the Impulse fuel tank can fit my bike. Anyway, make an offer that's cheaper than Ah Ahn for any Impulse parts, and if you are an Impulse owner, you've got a deal. I just that it's such a waste to scrap all these stuff - also, save the world, recycle and all that.

I also wonder whether the starter, CDI, both ignitions coils and spark plug cables can fit my bike. Very useful to bring along if I ride up Malaysia. Wah lau, bring spare parts for whole bike when riding up:P .

I'll try to make it if there's any meet-up. But no Impulse, only an Inazuma, hope you guys don't mind.

An Inazuma! another rare one! it looks quite similar to an impulse rite? i dont mind definitely. i soon will need 2nd hand tires for my impulse, the grooves are going off. where to get? and tire pressure with pillion normally u all pump how much ah?

Hey guys,

Never noticed the activities of this thread till today. Rather active esp recent.

Anyway this bike's a 400cc with a rev-happy engine. Returns a respectable FC is ard 22-23km/l for 'normal' riding, esp considering its a >10yr bike with at least 1 rd extra on the odo. Nothing spectecular but definately decent enough..

Wife's happy with the bike overall so nothing i would complain either. A meetup would def be nice!

Hey guys,

Never noticed the activities of this thread till today. Rather active esp recent.

Anyway this bike's a 400cc with a rev-happy engine. Returns a respectable FC is ard 22-23km/l for 'normal' riding, esp considering its a >10yr bike with at least 1 rd extra on the odo. Nothing spectecular but definately decent enough..

Wife's happy with the bike overall so nothing i would complain either. A meetup would def be nice!

wat's at least 1 rd extra on the odo? haha.... i really love this bike.... meet up meet up!

that's very helpful bro! so i just top up to full? there're should be a estimation i can top up to rite?

my bike starts with just one crank any time of the day w/o even trottling! i'm not too sure about my fuel consumption yet. but with the broquet in the tank, i believe it should be slightly better than normal.

thanks for the help!

hmm.. is it? how much you spend on the broquet? Mine used to have difficulty starting, most likely due to poor carbs tuning. ever since i put in a headlight switch, it is easier to start the bike. cos once you switch on, the headlights take up quite a bit of batt pwr.

the water, just top up to full should be sufficient. im assuming based on what i did, and the results have lasted since Feb 08. However, do take note, that this is a temp measure.:cheeky:

btw, one round on the odo means the mileage meter has gone one round already. :angel:

Hey guys,

hey, another impulse. how long have you been with an impulse?

Someone suggest a place for meetup, i would prefer a weekday.

btw, one round on the odo means the mileage meter has gone one round already. :angel:

Bingo!!

Been with this for just over 5 weeks. Wife and i share this bike with another Suzook Bandit..

Anyway has anyone change the clutch friction plates before? If so how much is the costs eh? (Friction plates + side engine gaskets?)

Bingo!!

Been with this for just over 5 weeks. Wife and i share this bike with another Suzook Bandit..

Anyway has anyone change the clutch friction plates before? If so how much is the costs eh? (Friction plates + side engine gaskets?)

your bandit is P model or V model?? I'm assuming it is another 400cc.

hmm.. is it? how much you spend on the broquet? Mine used to have difficulty starting, most likely due to poor carbs tuning. ever since i put in a headlight switch, it is easier to start the bike. cos once you switch on, the headlights take up quite a bit of batt pwr.

the water, just top up to full should be sufficient. im assuming based on what i did, and the results have lasted since Feb 08. However, do take note, that this is a temp measure.:cheeky:

Oh i see, now i know what u meant. thanks!

I spent $125 on the broquet. there are 2 types for 2A bikes. there's another one at $195, more for touring and heavy usuage... got it from forum.