SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

Zon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, i think that would be good. who is in??

1. samir

2. Manjan-Bhai

I don't own Impulse, but don't mind coming depending on whether free. Time/Place?

I was thinking of meeting up for coffee/tea at some slack-jack place. This might cater to the majority who might want to drop by for a chat. whoever is hungry, could carry on for dinner after a drink or two.

ill suggest some place in bussorah street (arab street). ANy other suggestions that might suit the majority?

The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.

The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.

1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?

2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

I was thinking of meeting up for coffee/tea at some slack-jack place. This might cater to the majority who might want to drop by for a chat. whoever is hungry, could carry on for dinner after a drink or two.

ill suggest some place in bussorah street (arab street). ANy other suggestions that might suit the majority?

Bussorah Street sounds good. Preferably weekend morning: I work late shifts during the week.

How about this Sunday: Oct 14? Meet in front of Golden Landmark? Tentative suggestion. Will PM you guys my HP number.

Place and date ok, but early morning breakfast better for me on Sunday.

Er...exactly where meeting... according to this map - http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?star=1&buildingid=17508&masterid=1&x=30733.001503704&y=31594.047062037&level=6

Place and date ok, but early morning breakfast better for me on Sunday.

Er...exactly where meeting... according to this map - http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?star=1&buildingid=17508&masterid=1&x=30733.001503704&y=31594.047062037&level=6

OK, how about meet at 9am (or earlier if you prefer, I can make it at any time): turn right from North Bridge Road and wait first in front of Golden Landmark. Thten once we have met, we go around to Bussorah St via Victoria St (turn right).

It's a pleasure meeting you too. I hope we can go Malaysia together, except that most of my rides are impromptu and spur-of-the-moment. And on weekdays .... also a bit faster.

• 3 weeks later...
1. Mmm rock oil, never use it b4 so no comments. Try it den tell us! I'll stick with Maxima for now though.

2. Yup those are the signs but i usually won't wait for them to show. I'll change my eo at ard 4000-4500km with new oil filter everytime.

rock oil heard is a very gd EO

how come u keep on changing oil filter?? normally is 2 time EO than change once

rock oil is really good to use..:thumb:

found out from my mech, he changed for me Semi-syn Rockoil when i took over the bike. Only experienced those signs once at about 4700km, but decided to do a oil change at 5000km.

Changed to the Fully-syn now, $20/ltr at First Motor. i dont think ill need to experiment w other brands, becos im really satisfied w the current one.:cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can all the bros here show me where i can have my bike respary at a reasonable price.Thanks alot.

whats your budget.. full respray??

A friend did just the tank alone, one color, is about $100.

what are you riding btw.

aha.. so you took over Samir's impulse? mm..

Yup, only problem for me is that it has the streetfighter looks(quite nice) when I took over from samir, and I prefer the original classic naked bike look. So now, I'm looking into converting it back to its original look.

Right now it has scrambler parts - cowling lights, meters, handlebar, indicators, shocks, anodized forks, single-seat, new switches, respray, etc. Imagine how much it will cost to replace these scrambler parts with original parts, including two-seater seat and subframe. Actually, samir made it look new and nice if you like the streetfighter looks. But I'm a rider not a streetfighter and, at my age(with 1 wife and 3 kids), fighting is way past me.

Also, its COE expires 04/08. That means with $1k COE premium and spending $2k - $3k in conversion might cost me $3k - $4k more if I want to keep a lesser-value bike. How, keeping this bike or milk powder more important?

Anyone about to scrap an Impulse wanna donate your bike to me so that I can gently, tenderly and reverently remove and transfer its parts to mine and thereby preserve the memory of your baby? - at least on my bike. Such a waste seeing nice bikes and cars being scrapped and cut-up, a bit like BumbleBee being scrapped and smashed to bits - BumbleBits.

What to do? Moreover, samir kept it in very good condition. He spent a lot of time and money(not including heartaches) on it to make it look brand-new. It'll be such a waste if it is scrapped. Anybody wanna buy an excellent-looking streetfighter single-seat Impulse? (samir, I'll give you a cut)

If you guys do have an Impulsive outing, do call me :)

samir, seems like not many people want to meet. Only you and I turned-up the last time ..... right? Manjan?