SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

Zon

a meetup will be good. :thumb:

I'm on for a meet-up too!

A meetup would def be nice!

Someone suggest a place for meetup, i would prefer a weekday.

I prefer a weekday too. How about meeting this Friday 7.30pm somewhere at Geylang Serai.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I prefer a weekday too. How about meeting this Friday 7.30pm somewhere at Geylang Serai.

I'm on for it! that's the way Frank! finally someone took the initiative to suggest. Tmr (Thu) or Fri will be fine with me...

Oh ya, most of u have experience going into Malaysia to pump rite? I've been riding for some time but haven't tried once. Will u all like to go in for a pump this Fri night too? or whichever time the customs isn't that jammed.

List for Impulsive meet up:

Time: 7.30pm? to be confirmed? later?

Venue: Geylang Serai?

Acitivity: Chit chat? Exchange experience? Pump petrol?

1. Frank

2. Melvin (92967895)

Shall we welcome those who are interested but "unfortunately" not riding an Impulse also?

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that's close enough.

well.. not really a lao jiao, had this bike for a little more than 6mths. to top up coolant, you need to remove the tank. very simple process -

1. remove seat

2. remove the 2 bolts that fasten the tank

3. when you shift the tank, there are 3 hoses (1 big, 2 small)

4. Only the 2 small hose can remove, so take note where it should go to.

5. you will see a cap directly under the tank where the fuel cap is, on the tank.

6. top up coolant from there.

thats what i did the last time, and yes, with tap water. Been monitoring the situation. for me, if tap water can last 1-2 mths, then why not?

Your fc is amazing. mine was 270+ km before reserve when i first started out. then i increased the idling to 1.2, cos it was not easy to start the bike in the mornings. Not sure why, and a friend suggested could be carbs need tuning. In the process, my fc has been consistent at 22.2km/ltr.

hey Manjan! ur instructions very clear man! i did exactly like what u said... but i realised my coolant level is full! all the way to the brim. so its still ok rite? juz wondering is it normal for the bike to feel hot after travelling a fair distance. its not super hot, but considerably warm at the thighs.

your bandit is P model or V model?? I'm assuming it is another 400cc.

Neither... Its an S model.. A 650 Bandit to b exact. All soozooks!!

For the meetup, if i do not have any last min meetings i'm more than happy to turn up.

Time: 7.30pm? to be confirmed? later?

Acitivity: Chit chat? Exchange experience? Pump petrol?

1. Frank

2. Melvin (92967895)

3. Jleo (90697926) Tentative - Will update on fri morn...

Shall we welcome those who are interested but "unfortunately" not riding an Impulse also?

Great! the more the merrier... anybody wana pa you (pump)?

Time: 7.30pm?

Acitivity: Chit chat, Exchange experience/ Pump petrol?

1. Frank

2. Melvin (92967895)

oh ya... wana ask about the fuel knob... all along i thought only got "on" and "reserved", den now i realised there's "pri". is it primary? and wat's the diff btwn pri and on den?

im up for meeting on friday. however, ive an event at work which will last til slightly after 8pm. I would come after that.

Im not familiar with Geylang Serai area, tho i heard that a place at tanjong katong is popular with bike gatherings. Any suggestions exactly where?

The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.

The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.

1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?

2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

Great! the more the merrier... anybody wana pa you (pump)?

Time: 7.30pm?

1. Frank

2. Melvin (92967895)

4. Manjan-Bhai - Will be late :cheeky:

oh ya... wana ask about the fuel knob... all along i thought only got "on" and "reserved", den now i realised there's "pri". is it primary? and wat's the diff btwn pri and on den?

Ive read in the manual that 'pri' and 'on' means almost the same thing, just that 'pri' allows petrol into the carbs before you start the engine.

Neither... Its an S model.. A 650 Bandit to b exact. All soozooks!!

Sounds like you enjoy the sudden rush that suzuki is known for, versus the gradual acceleration known with other makes.

Just curious, how different does the bandit 650 and impulse 400 feel like?

Ok, we will meet on Friday at Katong LC Foodcourt, along Tanjong Katong Rd towards Mountbatten Rd (old Tanjong Katong Technical School). Time will be 7.30pm. My bike is the yellow one and looks just like an Impulse.

I'm not sure whether I can pump cos my tank's full and I don't like going in weekend nights. But bring passports and ringgit if you're pumping. I think no jam at 11.30pm.

im up for meeting on friday. however, ive an event at work which will last til slightly after 8pm. I would come after that.

Im not familiar with Geylang Serai area, tho i heard that a place at tanjong katong is popular with bike gatherings. Any suggestions exactly where?

Great! the more the merrier... anybody wana pa you (pump)?.

List for Impulsive meet up:-

Time: 7.30pm

Venue: LC Foodcourt along Tanjong Katong Rd

1. Frank

2. Melvin (92967895)

Edited by Frank y

Your fc is amazing. mine was 270+ km before reserve when i first started out. then i increased the idling to 1.2, cos it was not easy to start the bike in the mornings. Not sure why, and a friend suggested could be carbs need tuning. In the process, my fc has been consistent at 22.2km/ltr.

Oh my! from full to reserve, I only managed 250km! I pillion often and I rev harsh, maybe that's why I guess. Anyone has a manual i can make a copy of? What's the capacity of the fuel tank, primary and reserve? I don't know the specs so its difficult for me to calculate the mileage.

For the Impulsive meet up, are we having dinner together? or subjective? and do those who wana meet up prefer a later timing instead?

Oh my! from full to reserve, I only managed 250km! I pillion often and I rev harsh, maybe that's why I guess. Anyone has a manual i can make a copy of? What's the capacity of the fuel tank, primary and reserve? I don't know the specs so its difficult for me to calculate the mileage.

For the Impulsive meet up, are we having dinner together? or subjective? and do those who wana meet up prefer a later timing instead?

16.5 ltr - full tank

12ltr - before reserve

actually now a days i get 250+ km before reserve, which is just below 21 km/ltr. However.. when i finally go and pump, the fc is about 22.2km/ltr. My riding style is mixed. 250km before reserve is ok for throttle-happy folks.

Dinner at own time, own target. I'll bring one manual for photocopying if anyone's interested.

Ok, we will meet on Friday at Katong LC Foodcourt, along Tanjong Katong Rd towards Mountbatten Rd (old Tanjong Katong Technical School).

Date : Friday 11th Apr 08

Time : 7.30pm

Venue : LC Foodcourt along Tanjong Katong Rd

Acitivity : Chit chat, Exchange experience/ Pump petrol?

1. Frank

2. Melvin (92967895)

Edited by Frank y

I juz pumped full too, wont be pumping then. any more impulse frenz anyone knows off can just invite them along... see u peeps tonight.

Dinner at own time, own target. I'll bring one manual for photocopying if anyone's interested.

1. Frank (96733004)

2. Melvin (92967895)

3. Jleo (90697926)

Guys, will be down but might be late as... Will SMS...

Also will apprecieate the manual to photocopy.

A friend of mine who used to ride a Bandit VV 400 will be tagging along. Now he rides a blackbird.:cheeky: After the meetup, late in the night, i'll be doing some DIY at hougang area. Suspect a loose wiring at the ignition area. :cry: Feel free to join me, if you like.

1. Frank (96733004)

2. Melvin (92967895)

5. Rajoana (BB)

DIY's good. I'll join, get to share knowledge and help each other out - that's why I'm still looking for a workshop manual for my bike.

Anyone wanna ride up to Jemaluang(just before Mersing) next Saturday 18th Apr? 0700hr at GP Esso - NSH - Kulai - Kota Tinggi - Jemaluang - breakfast - Kota Tinggi - Kulai - NSH - GP Esso. About four-and-a-half hours return at my usual speed, not including rest, breakfast, delays, unforeseen stuffs. Kota Tinggi - Mersing stretch is one of my favourite haunts. If you're afraid of breakdowns, I've lots of spares:lol: :lol: .

A friend of mine who used to ride a Bandit VV 400 will be tagging along. Now he rides a blackbird.:cheeky: After the meetup, late in the night, i'll be doing some DIY at hougang area. Suspect a loose wiring at the ignition area. :cry: Feel free to join me, if you like.

1. Frank

2. Melvin (92967895)

5. Rajoana (BB)

Edited by Frank y

DIY's good. I'll join, get to share knowledge and help each other out - that's why I'm still looking for a workshop manual for my bike.

Anyone wanna ride up to Jemaluang(just before Mersing) next Saturday 18th Apr? 0700hr at GP Esso - NSH - Kulai - Kota Tinggi - Jemaluang - breakfast - Kota Tinggi - Kulai - NSH - GP Esso. About four-and-a-half hours return at my usual speed, not including rest, breakfast, delays, unforeseen stuffs. Kota Tinggi - Mersing stretch is one of my favourite haunts. If you're afraid of breakdowns, I've lots of spares:lol: :lol: .

wow! that's so tempting! too bad I'm having my exams.

Anw, looking forward to meeting u all tonight and I'll be joining u all at Hougang too!

Time : 7.30pm/8pm?

1. Frank (96733004)

2. Melvin (92967895)

3. Jleo (90697926) Will be late

5. Rajoana (BB)

Seems like a couple of us will be late, shall we have the meeting time changed to 8pm instead? Think it'll be good to take note of at least a person's number here to keep any of us informed of any unforseen circumstances yeah.

If you're held-up and late, just come. Just make sure you're there when you've said you will - your word is very important; what you say, you'll do.

I will still be there at 7.30pm to have my dinner, then wait for you'all. I'll just move-off if no-one arrives. Just like riding up to Malaysia - if people don't go, I'll still go on my own.

Seems like a couple of us will be late, shall we have the meeting time changed to 8pm instead? Think it'll be good to take note of at least a person's number here to keep any of us informed of any unforseen circumstances yeah.

1. Frank

2. Melvin (92967895)

5. Rajoana (BB)

Edited by Frank y

If you're held-up and late, just come. Just make sure you're there when you've said you will - your word is very important; what you say, you'll do.

I will still be there at 7.30pm to have my dinner, then wait for you'all. I'll just move-off if no-one arrives. Just like riding up to Malaysia - if people don't go, I'll still go on my own.

Cool! That's the way, agree with you. I shall be there around that time too, might arrive late cos I dunno that area well.

yes yes.. i'll be there. :cheeky: :angel:

Nice meeting all of you! Learnt quite a lot. Do get me if there's a trip! Take Care!

Nice meeting y'all too. I'll call you if I'm going for half-day exploratory rides, but that'll be after a month's time since you've new on this bike. I don't get lost in M'sia, so don't worry. I'll be calling 2 other friends for this coming Saturday ride. They're pretty fast, 1000, 1200cc bikes. Accidents do happen, which was what happened 5 trips ago, either in Dec or Jan, can't remember which.

And then I'll plan a Cameron Highlands trip if there's interest. I'll usually book a pretty secluded bungalow(subjected to availability) which has 5 double-rooms and a private driveway with parking compound - very safe and private. I've always enjoyed Camerons especially in December.

And jleo, camping is more beautiful and enjoyable along the Malaysia's coastal areas in the East. Stretching from North of Sungei Rengit(Pengarang district, past the ostrich farm, factories, etc. - at the end), Teluk Sangat(sleeping village, seafood, kelong on Johor River), Desaru(past the hotels), Sedili Kechil(Jason's Bay - water's brackish cos fed from the river, so I won't swim here - but I've fished here) - and if you reach Sedili Besar early, like 7 am, you can watch the fishing boats come in and the fish-packing(we, my family, liked this), Sebana Cove Resort(fireflies watching - Benut also have, but I've never searched for fireflies there).

Don't camp at night along the beach at Mersing town - gays and drug-takers congregate at night there. That beach South of the town is pretty secluded though(read-dangerous), I think I remember passing an Army camp. But have to watch out for sandflies - they're profilerating along the East Coast since the early 80's. My first experience of sandflies bites was on Babi Besar in 1982.

Then there are beaches between Endau and Kuantan, and of course, Kuantan to Dungun to Kuala Trengganu(now only 3 sightings during turtle season - pathetic - I saw 2 within a night a long time ago and stayed with the 2nd turtle from 2am till dawn). Check into the big hotel(can't remember its name - oh yes, it was Pantai Primula, if it's still there) by the beach at Kuala Trengganu, beautiful sea/beach view if your room faces the sea.

There are also 6(maybe 7 or more - Endau Forest Reserve) waterfalls accessible by roads in Johore itself -Kota Tinggi, Pulai, Kahang, Bekok, Ophir and one in-between Muar and Pagoh. What I did last time was to go down to the Malaysian Tourist Centre at Cecil Street and take brochures of Waterfalls of Malaysia, Hill Resorts of Malaysia, Beaches of Malaysia, Places of Interests of every State and I'd drive in with my family. We'd explore side roads, etc.

But that was when I had a car and my children weren't in secondary school yet. I'm thinking of re-visiting these places again with my bike.

Sorry, so long-winded:P .