SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

FAQs on demerit points related

Guest kopikian

As im still under 2a probation, 12 points.. will i

(a)lose both my license??

(b)lose my 2a license but keep my class 2b

Please help guys...thanks!!!

ur case same as wat happen to me last time...2a will be revoke and 2b suspend(but if they unhappy can take away both). Hope they only suspend both ur 2b & 2a.

• 1 month later...

Guys i juz gt my 2a n on 15/12/08 i got a summo says tt i speed n heerby 6pts bt i alrdy write in to appel, i juz went to check, they write (Your case is currently under review / investigation. You will be informed of the result. )

Then on 10/02/08 i got anathorsame ticket oso anathor 6pts but noot yet go for appel. But i went to the status of DIPS there stated you have 0 demerit points as at 10/03/2008. The question is wether i can still take my c3 this comming week? Please HElp.......

Its a long long journy, till i know where iam suppose to be...

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys can i ask. if lets say im the rider. im carrying a pillion who has drank some alcohol.. the pillion sitting properly on bike. if lets say road block. will i kenna anything? like will the tp say dangerous riding or wad? will the tp breath test the pillion or only the rider breath test. jus wanna know wad are the charges..

den if lets say now im a p plate. i only got 12 points right. if say i really accidentally beat a red light and was captured. den will i still have a chance of riding without points. or one time red light = licence revoked. if like that dun u guys think its kinda unfair. like 1 time red light only licence gone?

YuaN's Gauloises Honda NSR150SP ; Oct07 - Jan09

Guys i juz gt my 2a n on 15/12/08 i got a summo says tt i speed n heerby 6pts bt i alrdy write in to appel, i juz went to check, they write (Your case is currently under review / investigation. You will be informed of the result. )

Then on 10/02/08 i got anathorsame ticket oso anathor 6pts but noot yet go for appel. But i went to the status of DIPS there stated you have 0 demerit points as at 10/03/2008. The question is wether i can still take my c3 this comming week? Please HElp.......

lol.. u can predict the future ar... 15/12/08 u can get summon for speeding.. pro :cheeky:

===============

ZX-150" OCT '07 - FEB '09

SPEC III" FEB '09 - APR '11

GSXR-750" APR '11 - DEC '11

FZ6S2" JAN 12 - JULY '12

FZ1N" JULY 12 - MAR '15

MONSTER 796" MAR '15 - ???

===============

hi guys can i ask. if lets say im the rider. im carrying a pillion who has drank some alcohol.. the pillion sitting properly on bike. if lets say road block. will i kenna anything? like will the tp say dangerous riding or wad? will the tp breath test the pillion or only the rider breath test. jus wanna know wad are the charges..

den if lets say now im a p plate. i only got 12 points right. if say i really accidentally beat a red light and was captured. den will i still have a chance of riding without points. or one time red light = licence revoked. if like that dun u guys think its kinda unfair. like 1 time red light only licence gone?

beat a red light only 12 points.. for p-plater, u need 12 point or more to revoke meaning 1 more points and that goes ur licence.. :cheeky:

===============

ZX-150" OCT '07 - FEB '09

SPEC III" FEB '09 - APR '11

GSXR-750" APR '11 - DEC '11

FZ6S2" JAN 12 - JULY '12

FZ1N" JULY 12 - MAR '15

MONSTER 796" MAR '15 - ???

===============

so wad about the pillion issue i stated ?

Originally Posted by YyuAnN

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any website whereby we can check our amount of demerit points ?

July 2006-21st Aug 2007 :Honda NSR SP (FS1029R)

21st Aug 2007-28th Oct 2009 :Honda CB400 Spec III (FY8*8*M)

5th Sept 09-20th Nov 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa K6 FBA 9**6 J

30 Jan 13-Hyundai Getz 1.6 SFV*1*1K

20th Nov 13-Honda CBR600RR 2008 FBE4*4*S

2015-2015:Mitsubishi Lancer GLX

28th Oct 2015-Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/Stardust_83/IMG_60122.jpg

hi, nid some advice here!

If one is on 12pts. as within 1 yr of getting class 2, if possibly go over a red light camera, minus 12pts, is one still able to continue riding?

or which class of license be suspended? for how long? if still left 3mths to over 1yr to get 24pts...

the situation, was at the moment of turing right, the amber arrow suddenly turns to red, so not sure if was over the white line already or not....when making the right turn...

the traffic camera is not behind my lane of traffic, but there were 2 cameras, one on the opposite traffic and the other on the right side traffic, as it was a 4 way junction..so anyone can advise does those 2 cameras likely to take my lane offence? and usually for red light offence, they take how long to inform u?

Pls help! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

erm. btw wad i heard is. if u pass the line immediately after the red light most probably nth wrong. coz the red light cam only activate after 3 secs the lights turn red. so if its a immediate kinda thing i guess its okay.

• 2 months later...

guys while i was discussing my situation with some of my friendsthere were many different replies regarding my situation.

k i passed tp(2b) in nov 07, then let's say my appeal against my charge of riding on shoulder (recent) fails.. will I be able to take my class 2a (nov 08) and class 3 (wanna start lessons in august 08)?

thanks guys

• 1 month later...

harlow guys... i wanna know wad exactly happen if u beat d red light... cox i beat one n look back on my right side which shld hv been on d left... i panic n look back but not sure if i was captured by d camera...

n how long will i be notified of d offence? panic sia...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
what if you let a person without any license to ride your bike?

If you willingly gave your keys to a person without a Qualified Driving License, you will face revoke. And as for your friend, he will pay a penalty of not more than $2000 if I'm not.

We are Protectors of Lives on the Roads.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am just curious.. if there was a traffic accident involving P-plate 2B license with a non P-plate class 3 license

Both parties write mutual agreement to not claim against each other

Ambulance arrives and so does TP and they take down particulars of only 2B rider n pillion still on the scene but not class 3 driver who is no more there

And then, TP keep contacting u to tell u its a police case and asks about the number of days of MCs u and the pillion got.. if its around 4-5 days,

Are the rider n pillin obligated to tell the TP the number of days of MCs?

What is so important about the days of MCs?

Does MC above a certain number of days constitute anything?

If it does, can we lie? Will the TP ever get to know the true number of days of MC we actually got?

I think, you should tell them u have no MC, and that you were forced to take the ambulance. Because once you take ambulance its police case.

whether or not u fell off the bike or someone hit you.

Im sure they will call you down for investigation.

Make up a nice story.

Also tell them no one got hurt, and that you didnt get MC,

because you told the doctor that you were after work.

And he was only going to give you MC for the day.

This is what I can think of to help.

Hope all the helpful bikers here with exp,

will help you further.

*Im new*

:)

harlow guys... i wanna know wad exactly happen if u beat d red light... cox i beat one n look back on my right side which shld hv been on d left... i panic n look back but not sure if i was captured by d camera...

n how long will i be notified of d offence? panic sia...

12 pts.... They will sent u a letter i tink 2 wks later....

Just hope noting happen

Rider Can Be Driver, But Driver Cannot Be Rider......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
zzzzz today got another rider fallen.. RIP ride safely guys..

btw what they say is correct.. P-Platers 12 point still can ride.. need 13 to get suspended.. and for 24pointers.. once u hit 24 points u get suspended.. BUT however, SUSPENSION and REVOKE = different thing.. if u are suspended, lets say the judge suspend your lic for 12 mths(which means revoke right?) but for first time offender,u'll have a life line.. and that is to attend the refresher course.. which shorten the suspension period to 6months or 9months.. which means.. ur license wont be revoke but u still get to ride/drive after 6 or 9 months. however if you were to caught driving/riding under suspension, straight revoke for u.. .. repeat offenders got no life line.. straight revoke ;)

By the way where do i take the refresher course and when should i take it. How do i go about in this matter.Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys.. i was from woodlands ave 12 entering SLE towards BKE. i was riding at a speed about 120km p/hr. wen i slow down to enter BKE i saw LTA officer passing me.. i juz wana knw can the LTA officer capture my speed while he's on his bike? i wasnt stop tho.

:dozed::dot:

Edited by hafiz84

really scary man.. the speeding fines usually comes when? and what if the driver wasnt the owner of the car? let say son driving his father's car.. who will kenna?

Edited by Romi_ku

RXZ(FE4**2A) - 25th Sept 2010 till 16th July 2011

125Z(FZ***3D) - 20th Aug 2011 till 16 Oct 2012

PULSAR 200NS(FBG 8**2J) - 29th Dec 2012 till present

• 1 month later...

YO! GUYS, i just got into an car accident...( i know this is a bike forum )

Can someone help me clear my doubts...

I was travelling on the 2nd lane (outer) of a 2 lane road, then I tried to make an illegal U turn and because the road was narrow, I tried to turn from the outer lane to the other side of the road. (I know it was stupid, i dunnoe what i was doing at that time. Should have check my blind spot 1 more time.)

Then a MPV from the first lane couldn't brake in time and bang into me. He asked if i wanna do a private settlement or call the police, I said private at first, but after taking a look at my car and his car, there is no way to pay the money but to claim from insurance.

So, I will have to report this to the insurance company, and im afraid they will have to report this to the police.

So the bottom line is an illegal U turn from the 2nd lane, will it cause my license to be kan-tong? (which means more than 12 points) =( hopefully not...

I really like driving car and Im half way taking my 2B! if i tio kan tong then pay like siaooooo... already need to come up with 2.5k