SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

V-Strom (650cc & 1000cc)

tranZition

Heh heh............I vote anywhere central or north coz' I stay Serangoon. Anyway, went down Looi's moto yesterday. Wanted to change clutch lever n brake pads, both together the old man wana charge me $300! plus brake pads no stock must come back nxt week. Old man also say he don't service Stroms that r not bought frm him coz' he know outside Stroms got no parts then come find him try luck, plus he himself also air-fly parts over. Alamak, so unfriendly sia e old man.

ANYWAY, I also saw a fellow Strommy brother FW4795X, same same obiang yellow like my one. Is it anyones?

Give 100% of yourself......................10% of the time!!

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh heh............I vote anywhere central or north coz' I stay Serangoon. Anyway, went down Looi's moto yesterday. Wanted to change clutch lever n brake pads, both together the old man wana charge me $300! plus brake pads no stock must come back nxt week. Old man also say he don't service Stroms that r not bought frm him coz' he know outside Stroms got no parts then come find him try luck, plus he himself also air-fly parts over. Alamak, so unfriendly sia e old man.

ANYWAY, I also saw a fellow Strommy brother FW4795X, same same obiang yellow like my one. Is it anyones?

no way a clutch lever n brake pads cost $300 la.. brake pads i change 'braking' at motorworld 3 pairs only $92

unless u mean clutch plates instead of levers

PasSion for rIdinG burns as long as my soul lives...

RidEs

_____

Kymco Zinc150..Honda TA150..Suzuki Despardo400..Honda CB400 PB1..Yamaha Spark110..Suzuki V_Strom 1000k3..Yamaha Majesty Yp250..Suzuki DR650 SE..Honda Sonic125..Yamaha Fino'08..Honda CBF150'07..Honda Deauville 650..B-Bone125..

Originally posted by desmokat@February 24, 2007 03:24 pm

no way a clutch lever n brake pads cost $300 la.. brake pads i change 'braking' at motorworld 3 pairs only $92

unless u mean clutch plates instead of levers

No no, coz' my studpid fren dropped bike n clutch handle lever there broke off abit. Yah, coz' old man Looi say "original" Suzuki brake pad is $120 for front, $120 for back (combine $240 liao) .................. *faint* ..................so plus clutch handle $70 means total is $310!! Hahaha...................... old man think my father print Dollar Notes for a living......................

wah.. 120 for original brake pads.. u can go motorwold or any bike shops to get the highest grade of 'braking' brake pads.. haha....

think i saw u that day at the old airport rd.. u at red light.. n i was the blue bike turn left towards pie de.. u on ur way to loois that day rite??

urs was les bike isit?

RidEs

_____

Kymco Zinc150..Honda TA150..Suzuki Despardo400..Honda CB400 PB1..Yamaha Spark110..Suzuki V_Strom 1000k3..Yamaha Majesty Yp250..Suzuki DR650 SE..Honda Sonic125..Yamaha Fino'08..Honda CBF150'07..Honda Deauville 650..B-Bone125..

wah.. 120 for original brake pads.. u can go motorwold or any bike shops to get the highest grade of 'braking' brake pads.. haha....

think i saw u that day at the old airport rd.. u at red light.. n i was the blue bike turn left towards pie de.. u on ur way to loois that day rite??

urs was les bike isit?

RidEs

_____

Yah yah!.........I was at red light saw U also............how U man? Damn, U know my idiot friend also. He now in ShangHai spreading his love to the local girls there. And yes, was looking for Looi's.........:--)

Originally posted by mamaqye@February 25, 2007 02:56 pm

Yah yah!.........I was at red light saw U also............how U man? Damn, U know my idiot friend also. He now in ShangHai spreading his love to the local girls there. And yes, was looking for Looi's.........:--)

the first time i went to Looi's also was lost...keep circling in the same industrial park...

anyway i need to change tyres, chain and sprocket soon.....thinking between anakee or tourance...sprocket combination yet to decide...

any reviews for those who have used both tyres and the differences..?

any plan for meetup soon..?

"The road less travelled"

380430_10150542159155027_725570026_11064521_1701187442_n.jpg

anakee i'm using now.. previously i was using tourance..

for anakee is more to road profile... then the tourance after long usage will be into angled type.. means.. when turning.. u feel sucks la...

RidEs

_____

Originally posted by scratch@February 26, 2007 12:55 am

Hey can i join for the meet up! I'm new in this forum and currently using yellow strom K2... staying notrh.. want to meet at the damp(yishun)

no problem....set time and date..

im staying in northeast....

u want to meet out of singapore also can..

:smile:

Originally posted by Al-Simmons@February 26, 2007 02:04 am

no problem....set time and date..

im staying in northeast....

u want to meet out of singapore also can..

Yes sirs.............lets meetup on weekends or weekday nights. It seems that motoshops generally don't like to service our bikes, so we all need a peer-2-peer V-Strom support group........haha

haa.. p2p support groups.. wan to service? go to the kallang cycle.. my bike previous owner went there de.. its opposite ah boy workshop...

hmm.. meet up.. why not this weekend go kayu eat then to damn.. ops.. dam.. haa

RidEs

_____

Originally posted by Al-Simmons@February 25, 2007 03:28 pm

the first time i went to Looi's also was lost...keep circling in the same industrial park...

anyway i need to change tyres, chain and sprocket soon.....thinking between anakee or tourance...sprocket combination yet to decide...

any plan for meetup soon..?

both anakee or tourance are same... they are both good on hot dry tamac.. depends on how you want to use it.. however to be careful when its raining..

anakee is very rare.. you may need to wait...

Originally posted by mamaqye@February 18, 2007 07:42 pm

Hi all!! I'm new the strom tl1000. Can anyone recommend a good service motoshop? I am experiencing the 3 big problems of the Strom already (ie engine stall at red light, over-vibration during pick-up and astmatic exhaust after I took out the damn noisey SuperTrapps).

I went to motoshop friend reccomend but I think may be abit too expensive for me.

you need a teka reader to reset to factory setting... plug it in and reset it to 0%.. less than 5 mins job... i am not sure which bike shop has it...

Originally posted by jusdirt@February 26, 2007 09:43 pm

you need a teka reader to reset to factory setting... plug it in and reset it to 0%.. less than 5 mins job... i am not sure which bike shop has it...

i think bikelab has it...

i did it on a GSX-R750 few years back.

it cost mi $50 back den, not sure abt it's pricing now.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

I had to agree that Vstrom community in Spore is very small.. Its good to meet up. There's not much accessories and spares for our bikes. But I can say Vstrom is a fun bike.

For the new user ..pls visit these forum : http://11109.rapidforum.com/

It helps me a lot .. giving solutions and ideas ..

If there's a meet up , kindly invite the Vstrom guru : Mr Peter

:goodluck: :clapping:

Originally posted by Al-Simmons@February 25, 2007 03:28 pm

Why not try the new Brigestones Battlwing BT501 ? ..it got nice design and deep thread . But i think there's an offer for Annakees selling at $280.

As for the sprockets ... I am currently using 17 front / 43 rear .... add two teeth for the rear. It makes some difference.

-I find that the shift from first to second gear happens faster now.

- The bike pulls way better in 2nd and 3rd gears; it feels like the bike has more torque. nice.

- I can ride at slower speeds in 1st gear.

- I can ride at lower rpms in any gear.

- I perceive there to be less of a gap between 5th gear and 6th.

- The bike feels better to ride

Too bad u cant get it easily in Spore. I got mine fly in from US.

Originally posted by FastForward@February 27, 2007 04:07 am

I had to agree that Vstrom community in Spore is very small.. Its good to meet up. There's not much accessories and spares for our bikes. But I can say Vstrom is a fun bike.

For the new user ..pls visit these forum : http://11109.rapidforum.com/

It helps me a lot .. giving solutions and ideas ..

If there's a meet up , kindly invite the Vstrom guru : Mr Peter

:goodluck: :clapping:

So meeting up this weekend?

Fri nite or Sat nite?

Venue : Jalan Kayu

Time to bring back the Vstrom community. Need someone to invite Peter also. The Vstrom walking encyclopedia. At the same time can drool over his GS12.

Originally posted by jusdirt@February 26, 2007 09:35 pm

both anakee or tourance are same... they are both good on hot dry tamac.. depends on how you want to use it.. however to be careful when its raining..

anakee is very rare.. you may need to wait...

i bought anakee from motorworld.. last oct.. $320 for both

RidEs

_____

Originally posted by Al-Simmons@February 27, 2007 10:56 am

So meeting up this weekend?

Fri nite or Sat nite?

Venue : Jalan Kayu

Time to bring back the Vstrom community. Need someone to invite Peter also. The Vstrom walking encyclopedia. At the same time can drool over his GS12.

be it friday nite ba? how ? coz sat nite might go partying.. haa

RidEs

_____