SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Loan interest rate thread

Terrible One

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone share and update the interest rate offered by various car dealers here?

DBS : 2.28% (minimum loan quantum $30,000)

DBS : 3.45% (30% rebate on interest payable)

UOB : 2.28% (minimum loan quantum $30,000)

UOB : 3.98% (30% rebate on interest payable)

OCBC : 2.88% (minimum loan $40,000, and $60,000 for Cat A, and B respectively

OCBC : 3.45% (30% rebate on interest payable)

All are subjected to the respective bank's Terms and conditions.

AF offered me 2.85% PA in May2007 with a min loan of 30k under HL finance.

VSG offered me 2.38% PA in Aug2008 with a min loan of 50K under DBS.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

min 50k bro! loan so much very bad for health

No choice. 50K loan was the minimum DBS was willing to accept. Any amount lower will not be accepted. So I took only a loan of 7 years. The maximum I will allow for a car. I wanted to loan only 40K on 2.38% but wasn't allowed. But after calculations, the cost of my installments are still quite within the boundaries of my affordability. So went ahead with the loan. Anyway I have no choice too. I have seen people who only loan 10% on the same car. Which means they are taking a loan of 90K over a similar period of 7 years. with 2.38%PA. That's really crazy...

Do Not Tailgate Me!

No choice. 50K loan was the minimum DBS was willing to accept. Any amount lower will not be accepted. So I took only a loan of 7 years. The maximum I will allow for a car. I wanted to loan only 40K on 2.38% but wasn't allowed. But after calculations, the cost of my installments are still quite within the boundaries of my affordability. So went ahead with the loan. Anyway I have no choice too. I have seen people who only loan 10% on the same car. Which means they are taking a loan of 90K over a similar period of 7 years. with 2.38%PA. That's really crazy...

That's not only crazy, thats asking for it.

If you ask me, dont buy. in such market conditions, i will still continue to wait

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

That's not only crazy, thats asking for it. If you ask me, dont buy. in such market conditions, i will still continue to wait

There're people who lack common sense in managing their own finances. rushing into purchases when they feel the urge to own it. You can see many young men who own cars are slogging their lives for it every day for a $60K car having to scrimp and save on petrol. Resorting to tampering with the fuel gauge risking legal implications just for the sake of cheaper petrol.

The financial turmoil seems to be going to last. This gloomy condition will span likely through next year as many people forecasts the full effects to set into our operations by near year 1st and 2nd quarter. Hoard our money longer...

Do Not Tailgate Me!

so what car did you buy in the end?

golf GTI?

The GT. The 1.4 TC+SC engine. Excellent fuel consumption

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/DSC02044.jpg, decent power and speed. Feels good on the track. The price was a bit on the high side compared to what you pay from a PI but well... it's VSG not a PI. So what can I do. At least I get a 3yr/100kkm warranty. But with the recent decline of economy, the car prices have plunged. The Golf5GTI costs only a 103K. Looks like the sales teams are desperate.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

DBS also 50k? but 90k over 7 years is kinda like donating too much to the bank. Especially those who drive off with $0 , i really think they should review again their financial health.

:cool:

There're people who lack common sense in managing their own finances. rushing into purchases when they feel the urge to own it. You can see many young men who own cars are slogging their lives for it every day for a $60K car having to scrimp and save on petrol. Resorting to tampering with the fuel gauge risking legal implications just for the sake of cheaper petrol.

The financial turmoil seems to be going to last. This gloomy condition will span likely through next year as many people forecasts the full effects to set into our operations by near year 1st and 2nd quarter. Hoard our money longer...

but news always report those who tampered the fuel gauge are mostly middle age men?

:cool:

btw guys..

if i were to buy a car now..

shld i got for the honda jazz or fit? =x

both the same juz tt one is ad one is pi..

den fc also same right?

both also 1.5

tinkin of getting this for myself n my upcoming family

=x

Suck it n ride!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/ervinchua_wl/633520157058579273-SignatureCelebra.jpg

a few months back Singapura Finance offered 2.8% but they will only allow the loan if you are a lawyer or doctor...

from what i understand, there are some PI car dealers that has in-house loans and one of them is Hwa Yang.

what i learnt from my friend is that the lower your coe, the lower your paper value when you trade in your car in the future...so is there a point?

*~/dReAm aS |f yOu'|| |iVe fOreVEr, |ivE As |f yoU'|| d|E toDAy\~*

ya, lower paper value. but dun forget your upfront also lower by, say, $9k.

this time you might pay lower but the next time you wanna trade in your car you'll have to pay more. its just a matter of when you pay.. lols

*~/dReAm aS |f yOu'|| |iVe fOreVEr, |ivE As |f yoU'|| d|E toDAy\~*

this time you might pay lower but the next time you wanna trade in your car you'll have to pay more. its just a matter of when you pay.. lols

Please explain this. I am very interested to know.

Do Not Tailgate Me!