SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

TW200 Recommended Workshops

Seah87

TW200 Brothers!

Need help on this. I just bought a 11 years old TW200. I went to Ah Chong (Planet Motorcycle in Ubi) but he mentioned parts are hard to find for TW200 so might not be able to help much.

Is there any workshops or mechanics that I can go for servicing and see what needs replacement?

Thank you in advance!

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go online, diy or directly order from Yamaha. General workshops usually only have lobangs for generic parts, so specific parts have to get from Yamaha, in your case. By prepare to spend more though.

Sometimes ebay or even yahoo japan got good old parts for sale.

I dun ride TW200 but my ride's close to 20 years old. Oil filter I bought knn from ebay. Spark plug, everywhere got sell. Air filter mod from another knn model for car. What parts u need?

Go online, diy or directly order from Yamaha. General workshops usually only have lobangs for generic parts, so specific parts have to get from Yamaha, in your case. By prepare to spend more though.

Sometimes ebay or even yahoo japan got good old parts for sale.

I dun ride TW200 but my ride's close to 20 years old. Oil filter I bought knn from ebay. Spark plug, everywhere got sell. Air filter mod from another knn model for car. What parts u need?

Cheers kaiq,

I need to get a new starter motor. Mechanic said it won't last long. I don't mind buying after market stuff. Came across an aftermarket one on e bay for around s$150 after shipping. Think I am going to try that one out.

K

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Are you sure you need $150 for that? I did a search on ebay and found this, but not sure if this's the correct one for you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motor-Starter-For-Yamaha-TW200-TRAILWAY-200-XT225-SEROW-TT-R225-ST225-Bronco/302825543236?fits=Model%3ATW200&epid=27012871906&hash=item4681cf1644%3Ag%3AT3kAAOSwNd9bJ%7EMm&_sacat=177959&_nkw=tw200+starter&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

USD$38.24 = abt SGD$54

From my experience, mechanic doesn't always offer the correct advice. Once I serviced my fork and was told to replace my tube due to scratch. I didn't change. 13 years later now I am still using the same fork and didn't service it since then.

My advice is buy, keep, and when motor starts to give problem, then change.

Yeah this is definitely cheaper. I will try ordering from this seller. Let's see if it will work out. I have a Kickstarter on my tw200 too so not so rushed. Agree on the mechanics' advice. Sometimes you have to just go back and think if what they recommend is really necessary or not. Haha.

Cheers

K.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk