SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

What to check after 10,000km?

M3DU5A

Hey there,

I'm currently riding a new C2 bike and I just hit 10,000km.
What should I check and which shop should I go to do the checks?

I've read the manual but I'm sure some checks require tools to be precise.
Whats your take, should I DIY or go to workshop?

I was thinking to go to bike image at kaki bukit, any reviews on that shop?

Generally after buying a new bike, straight up get an oil and filter change, unless previous owner showed he had done one in the past 12 months.

Check age of tires, there should be a 4 digit number on your tires, first 2 digits is the year it was manufactured and last 2 digits is the week of that year. So a tire with a 4 digit code like 2205 was made in the 5th week of 2022, and should still be in good condition and safe. If it's older than 5 years, better get it changed as the rubber is starting to dry out and will eventually begin to suffer dry rot.

Check the chain slack by pulling at the back of the chain where it meets the sprocket halfway up its circumference. If the chain itself when pulled back is high enough that it goes above the teeth of your sprocket, it is time to tighten it (follow the manual on how to tighten, will likely also need a paddock stand if you don't have a main stand). If your rear axle is already too far backwards and cannot be tightened, time to change the chain.

In the same vein, if your sprocket looks like it's got vampire teeth, time to change that also, but unlikely at 10,000km unless the previous owner has been hooning on it.

Battery also need to check, most batteries only last 2 years before they start exhibiting problems with cold cranking. They're not expensive, and its usually a hassle to go buy a multimeter and test the electrical load, so just change it if the battery is more than 2 years old, or if the previous owner treats the bike like a garage queen and doesn't ride it much.

Most bikes also have a valve clearance interval of around 10k, if the previous owner has never done one, it's also a good idea to get yours done by a professional mechanic, my recommendation is either Racewerkz or Bikeworkz. Preference is based on whether you live in the West or East respectively.

• Like 1

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus