SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Club Yamaha XJR 400/1300 (Singapore)

policehunter

well if u ask me for bike with best pc i will say bajaj...almost 600km per full tank..but pickup power is compromised..

if great top speed is what you want from 400cc go 4 suzuki bandit

easy maintenance yamaha xjr

easy parts s4..but s4 parts some how r abit higher than xjr but easier to find..some parts like air filter , cheap original (italian)sprockets will be shared if you ask..because xjr is rare,some shop tend to cheat commuters unknowingly...pls do be careful...

thanks alot for the input!!

is there a bike shop tat the xjr club members tend to go to? if yes, where is it? cos if i'm gonna get a xjr, i hope to go to a good mech whom u all can recommend, n i hope it would not be too far from my home! haha.

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/mss/gif/rainloc0.gif

"Riding a slow bike fast is always more fun than riding a fast bike slow."

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks alot for the input!!

is there a bike shop tat the xjr club members tend to go to? if yes, where is it? cos if i'm gonna get a xjr, i hope to go to a good mech whom u all can recommend, n i hope it would not be too far from my home! haha.

i think the only 1 that i may recomend and most great bikers r going to is planet motor/Ah chong ubi area....Yet to try but havent seen 1 single complain from there yet...should be good..

Pls take note as well that all class yamaha bikes r weak in clutch and gear area..i May b goin down to change my clutch housing..

Live to Ride,Ride to Live

i think the only 1 that i may recomend and most great bikers r going to is planet motor/Ah chong ubi area....Yet to try but havent seen 1 single complain from there yet...should be good..

Pls take note as well that all class yamaha bikes r weak in clutch and gear area..i May b goin down to change my clutch housing..

weak in clutch and gear area??? to wad extent??

by the way, i was talking to my friend and he told me more about yamaha.. according to him, of the 600cc bikes, yamaha ruled it all with r6. r1's latest crossplanked crankshaft (or sth liddat) is set to outperform other bikes of its class. is yamaha really so good? does xjr rule in its own class as well?? hehe

weak in clutch and gear area??? to wad extent??

by the way, i was talking to my friend and he told me more about yamaha.. according to him, of the 600cc bikes, yamaha ruled it all with r6. r1's latest crossplanked crankshaft (or sth liddat) is set to outperform other bikes of its class. is yamaha really so good? does xjr rule in its own class as well?? hehe

firstly sorrie yammies..i havent had time to read about gear improvement on yamaha bikes...Firstly..everyone who owns a yammie for more than 2 years may start to encounter loud ticking sound @ clutch area..It may be due to way of riding..y i say clutch area is because i went to do a valve clearance and change the tensioner n timing chain but still the noise is there..notice that the xjr especially is oil/air cool..it uses the eo 4 cooling and than leaves the oil sump with little to lub the gear shaft,bearing n clutch..how i know this? stand the bike up right n start the engine...the eo level on viewin window goes down fast..unlike the s4 it boils up but still can c @ window..

try goin to other yammie thread 2b-2 class n observe the problems..

BUT...Yamaha bikes r made for fierce performance.Firstly power output from rectifier blows higher than others..which forces the pistons to open up bigger to intake more air n petrol..so this explains the higher pc on yammies..i will install digital speedo n re update the true top of my beast..

Ps. if anythin is wrongly said dont hesitate to correct coz still tryin to deeply sync man n beast..and all other yammies wanna addin compliments on yammie r very openly wellcomed..il still prefer yamaha over honda

to performance....so far my i did a constant 190 (the needle practically sticked @ 190 mark without rollin down at all)..my bike is almost all stock but only with revtec to prevent power back fire or current glitch..n R1 rectifier is xjr 4 compatible...

thanks for the input man!! really appreciated it.. if you dont mind, may i ask more about the parts for xjr..

u said the parts(OEM) usually require a month or so to be delivered down right? say if something jialat happened to my xjr, then i have to leave my bike at workshop to be repaired. does it mean i cant ride for as long as the part doesn't arrive in sg? does anyone has this experience before?

thanks for the input man!! really appreciated it.. if you dont mind, may i ask more about the parts for xjr..

u said the parts(OEM) usually require a month or so to be delivered down right? say if something jialat happened to my xjr, then i have to leave my bike at workshop to be repaired. does it mean i cant ride for as long as the part doesn't arrive in sg? does anyone has this experience before?

Hi,

Me riding the XJR1300.

Ya OEM parts can take about a month.

But an experience workshop, mechanic will be able to get a compatible components for the bike.

I had a couple of experiences myself. My rectifier, actually my mech got suzuki ones and the alternator they did recoiling which cost 1 third of the original.

Mike bike down for 1 - 2 days only, instead of a month.

So not to worry lah.

Cheer.

Cheers

Hi,

Me riding the XJR1300.

Ya OEM parts can take about a month.

But an experience workshop, mechanic will be able to get a compatible components for the bike.

I had a couple of experiences myself. My rectifier, actually my mech got suzuki ones and the alternator they did recoiling which cost 1 third of the original.

Mike bike down for 1 - 2 days only, instead of a month.

So not to worry lah.

Cheer.

thanks for sharing ur experience!! ok .. at least it's not tat big a problem! tats good! haha. but say... wad if.. the part to be replaced has to be OEM, cannot get compatible ones from other brands.. does tat mean i really must wait for a month?

white body paintwork is really nice......... :cheeky:

Yamaha bikes user frendly bro...practically can mix n match...Last time i was around ah boi and our member koko shot his rectifier ask ah boi and he ask me to use R1 part..

too bad we dont have the manual..

EH happy125 u never try planet b4 ah?aka ah chong ubi? Looks like his service really can trust leh...

Yamaha bikes user frendly bro...practically can mix n match...Last time i was around ah boi and our member koko shot his rectifier ask ah boi and he ask me to use R1 part..

too bad we dont have the manual..

EH happy125 u never try planet b4 ah?aka ah chong ubi? Looks like his service really can trust leh...

Planet, never.

Might give a try for my next "big" maintenance.

Cheap n good????

Any short trip coming?

Cheers

thanks for sharing ur experience!! ok .. at least it's not tat big a problem! tats good! haha. but say... wad if.. the part to be replaced has to be OEM, cannot get compatible ones from other brands.. does tat mean i really must wait for a month?

oh ya..BTW the only thing that is a must be oem is only the CDI

Planet, never.

Cheap n good????

Any short trip coming?

My buddy the R6 rider on the genting trip wants to go Thailand...1st stop huket den koh samui or vice versa..not very sure thou...

Im sure to be at planet for next service coz ever since M1 motor mech changed spark plug @ my bike have been smoky ever since..Suspect my piston ring..but if really piston ring den need to overhaul and my crank bearing o ring leak so got loads to do plus bore up block to 500cc..Need to pray that engine can handle the extra torque if this happens..

Where i can get the xjr13 tank bra ? My full tank only 15.5 litter excruting reserve.

bro, this one you got to ask or pm big bro 'happy125', he's on the 1300 for a while now...

have you tried motoworld?

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

Planet, never.

Cheap n good????

Any short trip coming?

There been good reviews of late by forumers here on Planet at Ubi. See Ah Chong, the loud crazeee old fool there...Loud sure he is, but really friendly.

HOWEVER, I am not a regular servicer there, though been there a couple of times with fellow riders. So can't really say how good is he.

Any suggestions in mind, big bro? Malacca maybe??:box:

Edited by xjrredbull
bike shop info

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

http://www.excelcycle.com.sg/sales_history_detail.php?id=72

Unfortunately, the white xjr 03 model was sold.

I haven't got the chance to view the bike.

Dammit.

still looking for a XJR400R?:o

Yeah, still.:(

But need to pass my 2A first la.:cheeky:

OIC, so when is your TP?

Im the new user xjr 13 ,just wanna to know fc 1litter how many km? My bike from jb toll to seremban 20.5l / 280km speed averange 120-160kmh. Thx

wow! an XJR 13 FI rite? this i got to see....SOOON!

Motor world ask hv need to wait 3 month . I worry my tank have change b4 .any trip or meet xjr team after jan?

Planet, never.

Cheap n good????

Any short trip coming?

any suggestions on trips 1300s???

Edited by xjrredbull
typo error