SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Club Yamaha XJR 400/1300 (Singapore)

policehunter

bull thanks for the recommendation of ah chong 525 great guy

just service my ohlin shock cost me only $200 good price as most of the other motor shop i went cannot get that price$$$$ haha thanks again

Thumb ups...

Well, thank you to you for trying & meeting Ah Chong 525 (NOT to be confused by Ah Chong Planet at Ubi) & liking him.

Its not easy to find a good XJR mechanic today.

Trust me, i have my fair share with really lousy mechanics!

hint hint: Y** Lo**g...(what a costly let-down!! :angry:) What a $@#&*(!

So now after servicing, the ohlins feels good & shiok eh? i wanna sit on it!!!:shy:

Even our big bro, happy125, gave his :thumb: up to Ah Chong 525 & his services after doing a full service there earlier this month. :cool:

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For new XJR owners~ Hello & Welcome onboard to the Club Yamaha XJR 400/ 1300 Singapore. There have been a flurry of new riders here at the Forum. Nice to see the forum filled with bike qns & updates. You are thus co-ordially invited to attend the meet-ups in Feb 09 to mingle around with the members & know more info & sharing on our rare & unique Yamaha XJR. Hope to see you guys there! :thumb:

Remember to "B Different, B Unique, B a XJRer!'

Interested, new XJRers, pls PM/SMS Bull aka xjrredbull your contact numbers to facilitate any eleventh minute changes to venue or time & updates (if any).

For ALL: Considering Yamamotomaniac's pregnant wife, meetings will not be held at Kembangan. Feb 09 meet-ups for XJR will be held near & around north side thus the venue below. So choose one venue.

What: XJR Monthly Meet-up 2009 (1st Meet-Up)

Venue: Teh Tarik Yishun / CCK Park Restaurant

Day: Saturday Evening

Date: 21st February 2009

Time: 2030hours onwards

Meeting Point: Khatib MRT / CCK MRT

Going :)

1. xjrredbull / Teh Tarik

2. yamamotomaniac / Teh Tarik

3. Herry Pinky (non-forumer) / Teh Tarik

4. BoyBulance VerS / Teh Tarik

TBC? o_O

1. BOWIE (Bike not ready)

2. SPannry

3. xjrizzac23

3. abangsham (exams' studies)

NOT COMING!

Yipee ya yeah!:cool: Bring along your better half to mingle with our ladies there. Afterall, its a friendly meet-up!

Yours,

Bull aka xjrredbull

Chairperson

Club Yamaha XJR 400/1300 (Singapore)

HP: 81108279

Edited by xjrredbull

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

Well, thank you to you for trying & meeting Ah Chong 525 (NOT to be confused by Ah Chong Planet at Ubi) & liking him.

So now after servicing, the ohlins feels good & shiok eh? i wanna sit on it!!!:shy:

Even our big bro, happy125, gave his :thumb: up to Ah Chong 525 & his services after doing a full service there earlier this month. :cool:

May i know where Ah Chong 525 is located?

Don't mean to be kapoh here, but is BoyBulance VerS happen to be a student nurse in SGH?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Apologies for being "kapoh".:cheeky:

Speed has never killed anyone.

Suddenly becoming stationary,

That’s what gets you.:faint:

- Jeremy Clarkson

Yes, yes, Ah Chong.

Finally got my bike fully serviced.

1. Cone bearing changed

2. Oil filter changed

3. Oil changed

4. Carb tuned

5. Knn air filter cleaned and oiled.

Cost me $280.

Bike now feel gooooooooooooooood

Cheers

For new XJR owners~ Hello & Welcome onboard to the Club Yamaha XJR 400/ 1300 Singapore. There have been a flurry of new riders here at the Forum. Nice to see the forum filled with bike qns & updates. You are thus co-ordially invited to attend the meet-ups in Feb 09 to mingle around with the members & know more info & sharing on our rare & unique Yamaha XJR. Hope to see you guys there! :thumb:

Interested, new XJRers, pls PM/SMS Bull aka xjrredbull your contact numbers to facilitate any eleventh minute changes to venue or time & updates (if any).

For ALL: Considering Yamamotomaniac's pregnant wife, meetings will not be held at Kembangan. Feb 09 meet-ups for XJR will be held near & around north side thus the venue below. So choose one venue.

TBC? o_O

2. SPannry

3. xjrizzac23

NOT COMING!

Yipee ya yeah!:cool: Bring along your better half to mingle with our ladies there. Afterall, its a friendly meet-up!

Yours,

Bull aka xjrredbull

Chairperson

ape bikinz gang?:box:

:angel: LIVE LIFE, LIVE XJR, FOREVER XJR :angel:

May i know where Ah Chong 525 is located?

Don't mean to be kapoh here, but is BoyBulance VerS happen to be a student nurse in SGH?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Apologies for being "kapoh".:cheeky:

Yes you may! Ah Chong 525 is located at

"Bike Access, No 525, Serangoon Road"

kaypoh? i say you are just curious, rite!?!?

hmmm....wow! how did u know its him, becos it is him!?!?

R u a student there too?:p

ape bikinz gang?:box:

counting the days to meet with u again at a teh tarik session lah...:angel:

Yes, yes, Ah Chong.

Finally got my bike fully serviced.

1. Cone bearing changed

2. Oil filter changed

3. Oil changed

4. Carb tuned

5. Knn air filter cleaned and oiled.

Cost me $280.

Bike now feel gooooooooooooooood

sounds like another satisfied customer at Ah Chong 525! weeheee!

:thumb:-up for u big bro.

Hope that u will go to him for periodic eo change from now on, cos.....I am!

TBC? o_O

2. SPannry

3. xjrizzac23

NOT COMING!

Yours,

Bull aka xjrredbull

Chairperson

everybody is entitled to their own opinions with regards to e side farings,accessories and customisations.

I personally hoped That U've been there personally, to planet or sin boon & not just blank recomendations.

And, I hope u can back up with what was being said here.

lim ah boy is known all over our island for cheap fake, spare parts BUT I believe, for any beloved, hardcore rider it's always best to buy the original especially since our bikes are unique....

Buy the original, Yamaha Genuine Parts.

well items fixed is up to personnal tolerance wat bro i just feel that way about the side fairings not comndemmin any one wat...

ya i know your expensive experience at yuh loong too and we've all discussed abt dat shop since this club was created wat long time leow..

practically your bike is set up for performance all the way down to short pistons rite?(correct me if im wrong) when you send to yuh loong te mech practically changed every thing to stock...even your knn filter they we both got from sin boon together...???

to me original parts is as long as its part # tally to my bike ,yamaha box 4HME is original...other than dat is mix n match not original leow....

Live to Ride,Ride to Live

Yes you may! Ah Chong 525 is located at

"Bike Access, No 525, Serangoon Road"

kaypoh? i say you are just curious, rite!?!?

hmmm....wow! how did u know its him, becos it is him!?!?

R u a student there too?:p

Thanks for the info.

No la, I'm not a student.

I've been to SGH a couple of times then saw the

"BoyBulance" Bike and the nurse rider.

Was just wondering whether it's the same person or not.:)

Speed has never killed anyone.

Suddenly becoming stationary,

That’s what gets you.:faint:

- Jeremy Clarkson

well items fixed is up to personnal tolerance wat bro i just feel that way about the side fairings not comndemmin any one wat...

ya i know your expensive experience at yuh loong too and we've all discussed abt dat shop since this club was created wat long time leow..

practically your bike is set up for performance all the way down to short pistons rite?(correct me if im wrong) when you send to yuh loong te mech practically changed every thing to stock...even your knn filter they we both got from sin boon together...???

to me original parts is as long as its part # tally to my bike ,yamaha box 4HME is original...other than dat is mix n match not original leow....

Expensive experience and lousy services.

I was there when Bull(aka xjrredbull) collected his bike, u should see Bull's face, how pissed he was out there.

Personally if i was him, I will be pissed too.

However did Steven tell you that upon collection:

1. Bike fell while steven was blowing the throttle but instead of blaming himself, the blaming was put on his mechanic

2. He didn’t even apologize or composite.

3. Speedometer suddenly not working.

4. Condition of bike was from good to really bad, cannot even accelerate away smoothly.

5. 'Noisy sounds' from bike was even worse then when he first send to Yuh Loong for servicing.

I myself tested Bull's bike before and after it was send to Yuh Loong. The performance is down right poor & appalling for someone who spend so much. I was side by side with him riding my XJR looking @ my speedometer when he accelerate, his top was only @120km/h, cannot run more than that. Even a stock xjr can go more then 120kmh….

Bull went back several time to Yuh Loong to get his bike fix but still get the same condition and the best part was Steven did not even talk to us like how he used to talk big but was like hiding from us.

Bull gave up on Yuh Loong already after several time. He went to Ah Chong 525 and have his bike fix there. This time he came out with a very happy face. He is wore a happier face. The bike is in a very good condition, very smooth and feels very light(throttle) when accelerate now, thanks to Ah Chong 525 again…

Personally to me if the mechanic is experience enough, Bull would not need to go back to Yuh Loong for several times over, for the same, repeated problem . If the mechanic know that 'the engine is in advanced modifications' and not to sure on how to do it, he shouldn’t have meddle with it. Any further changes to make should be discussed with the owner first, before proceeding as it involve a lot of $$$ & time wasted.

I am unsure from whom you have hear much about my bike & its "expensive experience at Yuh Loong", but certainly, NOT from me. I last saw you was at XJR 1st Anniversary in November 08 so I shall stop all these bickering & blabbering of nonsensical discussions right now.

BUT it shall not end here. I will let my XJR do the talking for me @ the club's meeting later this month. Continuous blabbering is wasting valueable time.

I have proof on Yuh Loong's Steven & his mechanic, Om Nah's, insolent incapabilities for XJR bikes!

My experiences also taught me, to be wiser with my words, as words used here @ the threads & forum discussions, can often be twisted & use against me (or anyone here), in a cynical & sarcastic manners.

In general, you have your opinions & I have mine. All we can do here is recommend & tell tips. Some may be good advices, while others may rendered our advices useless. But the bottomline is sharing & not blabbering incessantly, making this place lose its friendly appeal.

For those who know me, know that I hold true to one, "Ask & you shall be given." So, just ask.

Edited by xjrredbull

Going :) to Teh Tarik Yishun

1. xjrredbull & wife

2. yamamotomaniac & wife

3. Herry Pinky (non-forumer)

4. BoyBulance VerS (non-forumer) & gf

5. Martin (non-forumer)

6. BOWIE (new-forumer)

TBC? o_O

1. SPannry

2. xjrizzac23

NOT COMING!

Yours,

Bull aka xjrredbull

Chairperson

Edited by xjrredbull

I am unsure from whom you have hear much about my bike & its "expensive experience at Yuh Loong", but certainly, NOT from me. I last saw you was at XJR 1st Anniversary in November 08 so I shall stop all these bickering & blabbering of nonsensical discussions right now.

BUT it shall not end here. I will let my XJR do the talking for me @ the club's meeting later this month. Continuous blabbering is wasting valueable time.

I have proof on Yuh Loong's Steven & his mechanic, Om Nah's, insolent incapabilities for XJR bikes!

My experiences also taught me, to be wiser with my words, as words used here @ the threads & forum discussions, can often be twisted & use against me (or anyone here), in a cynical & sarcastic manners.

In general, you have your opinions & I have mine. All we can do here is recommend & tell tips. Some may be good advices, while others may rendered our advices useless. But the bottomline is sharing & not blabbering incessantly, making this place lose its friendly appeal.

For those who know me, know that I hold true to one, "Ask & you shall be given." So, just ask.

wat ever lah hor....every thing i do or say is wrong to u mah...izzac go ayer keroh for joy ride eat A&W is stupid to u also wat...well up to u lah...

pull out is better than stay lah...no point arguin just to come to terms/decision every day n time...

Live to Ride,Ride to Live

1. xjrredbull & wife

2. yamamotomaniac & wife

5. Martin (non-forumer)

6. BOWIE (new-forumer)

7. Abangsham & gf

TBC? o_O

1. SPannry

2. xjrizzac23

NOT COMING!

Yours,

Bull aka xjrredbull

Chairperson

HP: 81108279[/]

Sounds like a disastrous experience with this particular mechanic, I've had my fair share as well.

More to be heard from at the meeting on the 21st, see you guys there!

happy to know that u'll be coming on 21st February!

C u there, BOWIE! :thumb:

wat ever lah hor....every thing i do or say is wrong to u mah...izzac go ayer keroh for joy ride eat A&W is stupid to u also wat...well up to u lah...

pull out is better than stay lah...no point arguin just to come to terms/decision every day n time...

I did not say that (Ayer Keroh A&W) trip was a stupid trip. The members knew that if I can, I would always want to go & do trips up north, esp when it concern a XJRer.

No one is obliged to stay and forced to join the Club here at SBF. Everyone have to do that on his own free will.

A common bond that ties us @ "Club Yamaha XJR 400/1300 (Singapore)" together, is our love for Yamaha XJR.

1. xjrredbull & wife

2. yamamotomaniac & wife

5. Martin (non-forumer)

6. BOWIE (new-forumer)

7. Abangsham & gf

TBC? o_O

1. SPannry

2. xjrizzac23

NOT COMING!

Yours,

Bull aka xjrredbull

Chairperson