SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Fury 2010

lovebelow

Well, to what i feel bro, stop crossing your fingers because it will not pass the LTA test...The body frame is too low for ground clearance...The extended forks is too long for LTA testing...and most important of all the engine specs may not meet to Singapore's regulations...so, it'll be the same story as the Yamaha Raider 1900cc, coz specs are different....Cheers bro...

It's more towards demand lah. look at the roads. there are more roadbikes, sports, sports tour and touring bikes. Cruiser/Choppers are niche.

The Honda Steed has a wheelbase of 63inches

The Yamaha Raider has a wheelbase of 70.9inches

7.9inches is merely the distance between the tip of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger. How big a distance will it take up on the road? most to most we keep the safety distance closer while waiting for the green light lor. :) A Hayabusa's ground clearance is only 4.7inches. that's not inclusive of rider's weight. even if the Fury has the same ground clearance, they should approve it too right? :mad:

As claimed, There's a need to drive when we have a Family. But all that is needed to ride is Dream... Many are still dreaming about it.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard that the Triumph 2010 Tunderbird will be coming on March.

Need to check with Mah motor.

The Triumph Thunderbird (hate the name) looks really nice. hopefully price tag would be affordable enough. but there are saying that Triumph bikes aren't that reliable and parts/ accessories cost a bomb

It's more towards demand lah. look at the roads. there are more roadbikes, sports, sports tour and touring bikes. Cruiser/Choppers are niche.

The Honda Steed has a wheelbase of 63inches

The Yamaha Raider has a wheelbase of 70.9inches

7.9inches is merely the distance between the tip of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger. How big a distance will it take up on the road? most to most we keep the safety distance closer while waiting for the green light lor. :) A Hayabusa's ground clearance is only 4.7inches. that's not inclusive of rider's weight. even if the Fury has the same ground clearance, they should approve it too right? :mad:

i have to agree with u that demand plays a part here. most of the people i know usually say cruisers are for 'ah peks'. wtf. such narrow minded thinking. u dun need to hate other bike makes to love your own ride! true there are more roadsters and sportsters here in singapore. maybe demand is explaining why bikes like Fury and Raider aren't available here. if you look at the available cruisers here, its all the 'play safe' models. the ones which will appeal to the majority. shadows, dragstars, phantoms, boulevards, etc. all generic look. the kinda classic look which can never go wrong with the masses.

only HDs possibly, due to its branding and recognition,is able to sell the out-of-norm cruisers (rocker-c, vrods). some of us who cant afford a HD would love these radical jap models (many say fury is a copycat of rocker-c and suzuki boulevard M-series is copying vrod. but who cares rite?).

so LTA laws or the law of economics, seriously, the cruiser segment here need to be rejuvenise.:pray:

• 1 month later...
it's more towards demand lah. Look at the roads. There are more roadbikes, sports, sports tour and touring bikes. Cruiser/choppers are niche.

The honda steed has a wheelbase of 63inches

the yamaha raider has a wheelbase of 70.9inches

7.9inches is merely the distance between the tip of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger. How big a distance will it take up on the road? Most to most we keep the safety distance closer while waiting for the green light lor. :) a hayabusa's ground clearance is only 4.7inches. That's not inclusive of rider's weight. Even if the fury has the same ground clearance, they should approve it too right? :mad:

i vote yes !!

Yamaha Vmax too expensive. $50k is not my cup of tea.

Yamaha raider is just a normal cruiser wanabee.

The Harley rocker looks just like a typical Harley. Nothing special...

But this Honda Fury is something wild.

Totally Custom look with its long fork and the empty space below the headstock!

IF is does sell below $20k...I will get one for the poser ride!

Can live my dream of owing a bike like those from the discovery channel "America Chopper, OCC"

Yamaha Vmax too expensive. $50k is not my cup of tea.

Yamaha raider is just a normal cruiser wanabee.

The Harley rocker looks just like a typical Harley. Nothing special...

But this Honda Fury is something wild.

Totally Custom look with its long fork and the empty space below the headstock!

IF is does sell below $20k...I will get one for the poser ride!

Can live my dream of owing a bike like those from the discovery channel "America Chopper, OCC"

Bro, I think you might be disappointed coz it might not pass LTA but if it does, you'll be disappointed still coz it would be more than S$20K...But no worries, you can still blow up the FURY poster and be the poser you want to be...No worries on that one bro, LTA sure approve one, hehehehe....

:cool:

Bro, I think you might be disappointed coz it might not pass LTA but if it does, you'll be disappointed still coz it would be more than S$20K...But no worries, you can still blow up the FURY poster and be the poser you want to be...No worries on that one bro, LTA sure approve one, hehehehe....

hahhaha.......

I . L . T . N . N

But if neither one passes LTA, would you go for the next best thing, the MidnightStar 950???...

midnight star 950 is a nice lookin bike but im looking for more of the lean types of cruisers now. something like a dyna as oppposed to softail for HD. thus my craze to raw-looking ones like Fury

midnight star 950 is a nice lookin bike but im looking for more of the lean types of cruisers now. something like a dyna as oppposed to softail for HD. thus my craze to raw-looking ones like Fury

Well, there's two ways you can have that raw-looking lean typed cruisers....Option 1, get a dyna, Option 2, wait long long for the FURY, and a special option, if you don't have the extra $$$ for the Dyna and if the FURY never make it to our shore, then chop up and customise your cruiser to have it to what you want lah bro....So hope the options help you in your search for that dream bike....Cheers...

:cool:

• 4 weeks later...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FK1NTsVArrk/SgePHspq8fI/AAAAAAAAILg/IhVWoteDJtU/s320/Img_0465.jpg

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

• 2 weeks later...
It'a about time.. forward controls, stretched tank, radical chopped-up design. what more can you ask for?

Now let's all hope the fury will be unleashed here on this cruiser-scarced island.

http://powersports.honda.com/furyreveal/#/home

wow, very chio.

Maybe now I should get a Steed now to see if I dig the cruiser concept.

The last thing I want tis to commit $20 ++ k & then regret & have to sell at major loss. But its really nice. Small tank no prob for me. I 99.9% in SG.

Shaft & liquid cooled. :)

Really swee, I will choose this over the 950 / 1300 midnight Star.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

i just cant contain my excitement about the Fury. everytime i look at it, i'll fall in love with it all over again. LOL

the beauty will be released this Apr in the US. retailing for US$13K+. well looking at the long wheelbase (71.2 inches), im starting to wonder why the bike might not be approved here. even HD Rocker-C wheelbase is 69 inches.

but damn, i do hope it gets a green light here..fingers crossed xxx

Agree.

Not as though the forks stretch out sooooo far in front like the "Hell Angels" style.

......hmmm......i may really need a Steed for Cruiser riding training......:cheeky:

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

every single day, i would be reading up about Fury. hoping that there would be some breaking news about it reaching the asian market. the folks in US have already gotten their ride and they seem like happy americanos. its retailing for around US12K. pretty affordable for those who wanna a cruiser/ chopper hybrid.

however, my gut feel tells me that Fury will never arrive on our shores. just like the beautiful yamaha raider and suzuki m109.

however, my gut feel tells me that Fury will never arrive on our shores. just like the beautiful yamaha raider and suzuki m109.

There's one M109 here

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

every single day, i would be reading up about Fury. hoping that there would be some breaking news about it reaching the asian market. the folks in US have already gotten their ride and they seem like happy americanos. its retailing for around US12K. pretty affordable for those who wanna a cruiser/ chopper hybrid.

Sigh.....this cantry is like that.:cry:

which shop is sole distributor for that?

You can find it at Loois Motor if it is still on display in its showroom. One orange piece was sold to a foreign guy here or so I heard. :)

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

so fury nvr gonna reach here ah? wasted, nice looking ride man.

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg