SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Singapore GP400 Series

Hey guys!

I am looking towards starting a 400cc GP for Singaporeans who want to take part in some amateur races.

I am looking towards running a few rounds at PG. There will be points awarded and the champion will be awarded a cash prize at the end.

Just looking for a few bikes who are interested to pull this off.

I know many will say forget PG and head for SIC and the MSS. Being an ex participant of MSS myself years ago, I agree it is most exciting. But many people dont go for the MSS because of the distance, cost, intense competition etc....

Again, you would say, if you wanna race, pay the $$. But let us be honest, people at young ages find it hard to finance. So I am looking at running a GP where people can start developing from a younger age on cheaper platforms.

Rossi started at 125cc. Schumacher started in backyard go karts. Let us build talent too. I am not looking to create a huge competition. Just a coupla people who enjoy the track, drinks and conversation and great friendships.

So, who is game at exploring this with me?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, I have received a bit of interest from 400cc riders. Requirements and fees etc....i will be finding out soon enough. Its more of a buncha friends coming together just to have a bit of throttle twisting fun. A mate of mine down in the UK runs something like this. A group of 10 guys with just the intention of having fun created a competition for themselves to compete. It was more of companionship and respect for one another rather than timings and glory. They want to win, but they do it cricket style. Gentleman war.

I will get more details up soon.

Edited by BlaqueWolf Racing

Hey guys!

I am looking towards starting a 400cc GP for Singaporeans who want to take part in some amateur races.

I am looking towards running a few rounds at PG. There will be points awarded and the champion will be awarded a cash prize at the end.

Just looking for a few bikes who are interested to pull this off.

I know many will say forget PG and head for SIC and the MSS. Being an ex participant of MSS myself years ago, I agree it is most exciting. But many people dont go for the MSS because of the distance, cost, intense competition etc....

Again, you would say, if you wanna race, pay the $$. But let us be honest, people at young ages find it hard to finance. So I am looking at running a GP where people can start developing from a younger age on cheaper platforms.

Rossi started at 125cc. Schumacher started in backyard go karts. Let us build talent too. I am not looking to create a huge competition. Just a coupla people who enjoy the track, drinks and conversation and great friendships.

So, who is game at exploring this with me?

sounds really good...

post more info bro...

leisure races can be both good & bad...u know, the pros & the cons...

i sure want to know & hear more on these...:cheers:

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

Ok. I have received PMs from some of the lads in the forum with very good advice, concerns etc.

Just to collate, they did mention that this was attempted to be start up a few times already. But it had never materialised.

Looking at the history, I noticed that the event was spread way too thin. Too many classes to reach out to many people. Many people began to open many classes and it became too overwhelming.

That is why this will start with only 400cc bikes. As this begins to grow, then we explore others. Rules and reguiations etc will be setup but it WILL and MUST be catered to the people who wanna run such an experience without worrying about massive horespower etc. It will be more in line with production bikes with limits on modifications. More details very very soon.

I am also looking towards limiting the number of bikes on grid. Reasons are rather obvious.

Stay tuned!

The best is go to SMSA..check with them for the race event. They need more then 10 above(i think) to start the event...If u want to enter the Johor series races..This races was start way back...i used to race on 400cc below & open back in 1998 till 2004..

1. below 400cc..125cc till 400cc

2. open 400cc..400cc & above..

current bikes: NSR 250 PGM4, HRC CBR 1k & SYM GTS200

Cars :KIA CERATO H/B(05-09)

Bikes:Ypvs 125(90-92),NSR PGM 2(92-93),MBX 125(93-94)

TZr250(94-95),GSXR 400sp(95-98),Aprilia Extrema(96-98), Fireblade 400(98-00),RXZ(98-00),RVF400(00-02), Dalim magma(00-02),RXZ(00-01) Krr150(00-03),R6(02-05),Wave(03-05),125z(03-05),RXZ(08),DRZ SM(06-08)VTR SP1(08-11)Phantom 200(08-10),Fz1s(11-13)

Ok. I have received PMs from some of the lads in the forum with very good advice, concerns etc.

Just to collate, they did mention that this was attempted to be start up a few times already. But it had never materialised.

Looking at the history, I noticed that the event was spread way too thin. Too many classes to reach out to many people. Many people began to open many classes and it became too overwhelming.

That is why this will start with only 400cc bikes. As this begins to grow, then we explore others. Rules and reguiations etc will be setup but it WILL and MUST be catered to the people who wanna run such an experience without worrying about massive horespower etc. It will be more in line with production bikes with limits on modifications. More details very very soon.

I am also looking towards limiting the number of bikes on grid. Reasons are rather obvious.

Stay tuned!

Lets start with just 400cc bikeys...

here in our little island already have diverse of naked bikeys namely s4 ie; Honda vtecs, revos, Suzuki gsrs, Yamaha xjrs, Suzuki drzs(sm)

& racing bikeys Honda Fireblades, RVF, Hurricanes, Suzuki GSXRs etc..

So maybe we can begin by makers, naked & race bikes & work our way from there...:dot: :)

Edited by xjrredbull
updates

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

why isnt anyone looking into road racing in singapore?

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

why isnt anyone looking into road racing in singapore?

is the even a avenue to do tat here in Spore?o_O

Do they still hav the Johor Race Series in PG?

I agree that modifications should be limited, to lower the cost of racing. In this way, the guys with bigger bucks wouldn't have the advantage. This will encourage the level of participation.

Actually, you don't have to organise yourself. If there is enough minimum numbers, you could approach PG or SMSA as they have the resources.

20 years of riding:-

Bikes:

1986 - Yamaha RX100

1987 - Yamaha LC125

1988 - Yamaha LC350

1989 - Yamaha FZ400

1991 - Yamaha FZ750

1995 - Suzuki GSXR750

1997 - Kawasaki ZXR750K2 (race bike)

2002 - Yamaha FZR1000

2003 - Honda VFR800Fi

What's next?

Cars:

1996 - Nissan 100FA

1997 - Hyundai Elantra

1998 - Honda Civic

2001 - Toyota Corona

2002 - Renault Scenic

2004 - Toyota Picnic

First off, the organizer has to garner enough interest. 400cc is interesting but do understand that this class is kinda niche in Singapore.

Second, I forsee in the event we get enough support/interest/people intending to go, there's the question on whether all of them have some tracktime. Or maybe the minimum on whether they have the necessary track riding gear to be racing. (read: leather gear, boots, Full-face helmet)

Just my SGD0.02 on this topic. With that said, i'm expressing my conditional interest in this sport.

Edited by redbeacon

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

there should be enough interest for this category already. there will be no 250cc race in Sepang this year and the SG guys who used to make part of the grid there has nowhere to go but PG. they're not gonna waste time training at Sepang when there is no race.

i suggest that whoever is interested to take this up check with PG when the next Clubman race is and get endorsement from SMSA to organise a round. it's very much more possible to run a Clubman race (with the rest of the Johor cub categories as well) than create your own race which will incur huge track rental expenses.

then you approach bike shops here for token sponsorships like trophies etc... if one of the bike shops can already sponsor prizes for a trackday fun challenge, i don't see why we can't get the same for a race.

if you provide the platform, there will be riders out there... but you'd want to include newcomers as well as the seasoned riders. the latter will provide you with an almost confirmed grid and a benchmark for the newcomers to improve. and make it 250-400 as you won't want to make it too small a category.

just my two cents' worth, and i wish everyone well

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/cbr17/kiss.jpg

if u all approach smsa, will they say that only those wif smsa license are allow to join???

There's no obligations or limitations.

Scoot over here to see:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111524

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

If u are serious in making this work then u better be ready to be th middleman for smsa and pg. Or else can really forget about it. From past experience those that first said interested may really end up not joining. And not adding 250 into the game is not a good idea as i know mostly that filled the mss grid are the 250s.400 are only a handful. So Good luck.

RIDE TO THE LIMIT OF YR BIKE!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2263/pgturn1ho8.jpg

Reviews of my fast throttle. Have a look!

Reviews by so many dun lie ppl! come have a look!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217369

I am willing to be the middleman between SMSA and PG. I am already talking to SMSA about this and I am looking towards making this work. With regards to Clubman Race, i do understand that there is no 400cc class this year. Unless I am mistaken. With regards to the types of bikes, I am looking at two types of categories. Either we run all the bikes together (naked, sports, supermoto etc) and expect mayhem and people saying that they have rair/unfair advantage, or we do it Le Mans style. We have all the types running in the race at the same time, but even as they run, they are only competing in their own class. GP1,GP2 etc....some of you might understand this. Lets say an RVF finishes first, followed by a Super Four and then a Supermoto, they all essentially come in 1st place in their category. There are pros and cons to all these models of racing..we just got to decide.

Running a naked class, supermoto class and sportbiike class individually would be prime. However, filling the grid will be the concern. I do agree about people saying they wanna run...but never turn up. So we bring everyone together LeMans style and rank them according to the class.

For mods, engines MUST remain stock. Only things like exhausts, brakes, tyre choice(except fullslicks) and suspensions will be allowed. Rider must be fully geared up. No Jeans/Jackets. Full Suits/Boots/Gloves. Checks will be conducted.

I am looking for supporting bikeshops who will be willing to provide all kinds of services with their branding to be promoted of course on the bikes running. A bit like the SG Trackies Time Attack that I used to compete in using my WRX.

MOre details will be out as soon as I finish the talks. Anyone who wants to help in any way, do PM me!

Cheers!

look at Super 4 popularity in singapore....u can consider running a 1 make S4 class...like this sv650s in other countries.

also alot of SuperMotards. can have a grid of their own.

for the 400cc category....the bikes are really cheap now...but not much riders that i can think of now.

its easier if u run open 600cc/1000cc category...got hell of riders. alot of riders are considering withdrawing MSS due to financial reasons. if u can make this a 1 day affair...

sure alot will turn up...u may even have novice and open class. i suggest this to be run within SMSA license holders only...

i see more hope in 600cc/1000cc rather than 400.

and i also hope the aim of the race is not price money...so do consider low entry fees. i also suggest scrutineering to be more related to safety then modification. pls riders...INTEGRITY.

not a fan of 2 strokes and cubs....so no comments about that

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

there is no 250-400cc category because people dun wana organise it. the category is up to the organiser, not PG. the PG management leaves it up to SMSA to decide the categories. 250-400 category is always cast aside with the popular notion that there will be insufficient riders, which I always believe is untrue. there will be riders, unless of course you give very short notice.

i am also all for supersport/ superbike category, but to make it even interesting how about an OEM Supersport category? OEM right up to the exhaust pipes... :angel:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/cbr17/kiss.jpg

there is no 250-400cc category because people dun wana organise it. the category is up to the organiser, not PG. the PG management leaves it up to SMSA to decide the categories. 250-400 category is always cast aside with the popular notion that there will be insufficient riders, which I always believe is untrue. there will be riders, unless of course you give very short notice.

i am also all for supersport/ superbike category, but to make it even interesting how about an OEM Supersport category? OEM right up to the exhaust pipes... :angel:

Smart ass..huh?? hahahhaa... :cheeky: