SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia Riders

ArchArrow

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sub Zero

• lacrimosae

• eyz

• quikslvr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, i went to warm up my 2011 rs 125 today and after running for around 3 minutes, he engine suddenly stopped. I tried starting it up again but there was only the cranking sound, the engine could not start. The last time i rode her was last Saturday. Could any bro advise me on the issue?

Hi. I'm new to RS125 and new to bike too. I need help.

1) I bike keeps stalling when I try to move off from stationary position. The side stand was up, and each time I try moving off, it just stalls. I have to throttle a lot then it'll move off, but it'll be too noisy and the power will be too strong. How do I overcome this?

2) it's really hard to turn my throttle. It takes a lot of strength just to throttle. Is there something I can do to overcome this? Or is it naturally like that? Should I change the throttle grip? If yes, how do I do it and what to do change it to?

Thanks!

Hi. I'm new to RS125 and new to bike too. I need help.

1) I bike keeps stalling when I try to move off from stationary position. The side stand was up, and each time I try moving off, it just stalls. I have to throttle a lot then it'll move off, but it'll be too noisy and the power will be too strong. How do I overcome this?

2) it's really hard to turn my throttle. It takes a lot of strength just to throttle. Is there something I can do to overcome this? Or is it naturally like that? Should I change the throttle grip? If yes, how do I do it and what to do change it to?

Thanks!

left your bike for days without starting up?Make sure the stand is up, or it will keep stalling when you change to gear one.

I got the same issue when moving off, maybe we're not use to 2 stroke bike. But i'm alright now already. Just throttle a little more and release clutch. use the clutch to adjust the speed when moving off

hi all aprilia riders...just gotten my 2b license & planning to get a aprilia rs4125 replica version... aprilia has been the only brand that i want but , i have heard alot of bad reviews regarding the aprilia rs4 125...just wanna ask you guys if any of you guys riding the rs4 125 bike , the pros & cons of the bike...hihihihi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all..i have an upcoming TP for my 2B license and I'm very interested to get an Aprilla RS4 125. After trawling through the forums, it seems that there arent many options for buying a 2nd hand. There is 1 I saw quoted abt 14k COE expiring 2023. Seems abit much for a second hand bike considering the COE was 2k at that time and a new Rs4 125 costs about 17k according to uniquemotors. Is it because I'm noob or are there any reliable websites/shops I could go to for a used aprilla r4 125. Many thanks to the bros here!

Hi all..i have an upcoming TP for my 2B license and I'm very interested to get an Aprilla RS4 125. After trawling through the forums, it seems that there arent many options for buying a 2nd hand. There is 1 I saw quoted abt 14k COE expiring 2023. Seems abit much for a second hand bike considering the COE was 2k at that time and a new Rs4 125 costs about 17k according to uniquemotors. Is it because I'm noob or are there any reliable websites/shops I could go to for a used aprilla r4 125. Many thanks to the bros here!

Many second hand bikes are sold at profits by direct sellers. Beware. On the other hand, some might be cheaper than shops. What is your budget anyway?

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

Many second hand bikes are sold at profits by direct sellers. Beware. On the other hand, some might be cheaper than shops. What is your budget anyway?

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

hi....my budget is any reasonable price for a used r4 125. im not a lowballer but neither do i want to be a carrot head. i mean 20 percent off a new bike for a used bike depending on condition plus coe price seems about fair to me. thoughts? thanks!

hi....my budget is any reasonable price for a used r4 125. im not a lowballer but neither do i want to be a carrot head. i mean 20 percent off a new bike for a used bike depending on condition plus coe price seems about fair to me. thoughts? thanks!

should depends the depreciation cost per year also. machine price divide by coe left.

Hi Guys need urgent help! Is Ah seng still at Biz Hub ? When there and it seems like it moved or closed ?

Or any intro workshop for Aprilia ?

Thanks

I think he is still there, but went for a long CNY holiday and not back yet. Always give him a call before you go down, he's a bit whimsical with his opening hours.

What kind of problems are you having? If it's urgent you can probably just drop those industrial parks and ask the shops one by one if they can solve your problem. If you live in the east, there's a rad san speedshop at kaki bukit that does aprilia as well.

I think he is still there, but went for a long CNY holiday and not back yet. Always give him a call before you go down, he's a bit whimsical with his opening hours.

What kind of problems are you having? If it's urgent you can probably just drop those industrial parks and ask the shops one by one if they can solve your problem. If you live in the east, there's a rad san speedshop at kaki bukit that does aprilia as well.

When I throtter it stuck at 5000-6000 rpm and couldn't go up. At gear 6 it stuck at 80-90kmph .

Went to unique motor they said is my power valve got problem need order so ething which cost 400-500$ idoubt is so expensive right to fix it ?

Anybody got ah seng phone number ?

When I throtter it stuck at 5000-6000 rpm and couldn't go up. At gear 6 it stuck at 80-90kmph .

Went to unique motor they said is my power valve got problem need order so ething which cost 400-500$ idoubt is so expensive right to fix it ?

Anybody got ah seng phone number ?

That sounds bad, should get ah seng to take a look. According to my experiences with unique motor, they have a tendency to over-diagnose/ jack prices so I wouldn't take their word too seriously. Anw, ah seng quoted me 200 bucks for a new power valve before. But I highly doubt that's a power valve problem. I'm no expert but when my power valve cable broke (55 bucks to replace @ ah seng), I have no problems revving it up all the way to 11k rpm, just that there wont be any power surge past 8k. Yours sounds more like a carburetor problem.

That sounds bad, should get ah seng to take a look. According to my experiences with unique motor, they have a tendency to over-diagnose/ jack prices so I wouldn't take their word too seriously. Anw, ah seng quoted me 200 bucks for a new power valve before. But I highly doubt that's a power valve problem. I'm no expert but when my power valve cable broke (55 bucks to replace @ ah seng), I have no problems revving it up all the way to 11k rpm, just that there wont be any power surge past 8k. Yours sounds more like a carburetor problem.

Yeah, already had bad experience buying my bike from Unique motorsport. Hope nothing serious .... just bought second hand 2months back and already got problem .

Thank you for the info! Should be trying go down see if he open tonight !

Guys, can check with you guys if your rs125 choke lever can be pulled all the way down? Just changed my choke cable. I used to be able to pull the choke to maximum only halfway, but now I can pull it all the way down. Is this a cause for concern?

Yo how much you replaced your choke cable and where? I've been running without choke for 2 months cos it snapped.. Just did full engine service and replacing of clutch plates and cable just now, $500 at Jurong Port Road.. And yes lever can be pulled all the way down.

Yo how much you replaced your choke cable and where? I've been running without choke for 2 months cos it snapped.. Just did full engine service and replacing of clutch plates and cable just now, $500 at Jurong Port Road.. And yes lever can be pulled all the way down.

I changed it at motorpoint near my school (NUS) for 63 bucks (48 + 15 labor). Wow 2 mths without choke sounds troublesome. How did you cold start your bike during the 2 mths period?