SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia Riders

ArchArrow

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sub Zero

• lacrimosae

• eyz

• quikslvr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At 2 yr mark , most would have gotten their 2A/2, hence the upgrade.

Furthermore, assuming u get a brand new bike, 2yr mark will roughly be the time to do either a piston change (($400) or a complete overhaul($1000+), plus various steering cone bearing plus wheel bearing($200) , side stand sensor might have died by then, speedo sensor($100+) should also be dying soon. Add in tyres ($300+), T-joint($200-300+) which is almost impossible to find in local market and most aprilia guys dont even know got this part :sian:, rear suspension will also be dying ($1000+-).

So overall cheaper easier to just get another bike :pity:

does this applies to all other bikes?

when ppl upgrade, most look for 2nd hand as well, so the cycle continues there? haha

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

At 2 yr mark , most would have gotten their 2A/2, hence the upgrade.

Furthermore, assuming u get a brand new bike, 2yr mark will roughly be the time to do either a piston change (($400) or a complete overhaul($1000+), plus various steering cone bearing plus wheel bearing($200) , side stand sensor might have died by then, speedo sensor($100+) should also be dying soon. Add in tyres ($300+), T-joint($200-300+) which is almost impossible to find in local market and most aprilia guys dont even know got this part :sian:, rear suspension will also be dying ($1000+-).

So overall cheaper easier to just get another bike :pity:

does this applies to all other bikes?

when ppl upgrade, most look for 2nd hand as well, so the cycle continues there? haha

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Hi all, need urgent help from you guys. Bought a RS 125 2 weeks back.

Today i tried to start my bike but she just wont start up. Did not ride for 2 days.

1)Tried pull full on choke and start but to no avail

2)Tried push start also cant start

Any1 can suggest what to do? New to bikes here

Hi all, need urgent help from you guys. Bought a RS 125 2 weeks back.

Today i tried to start my bike but she just wont start up. Did not ride for 2 days.

1)Tried pull full on choke and start but to no avail

2)Tried push start also cant start

Any1 can suggest what to do? New to bikes here

Try changing ur sparkplug

Hi there, looking to sell my RS 125. coe ending July this year. Hate to sell it but bo bian no money to renew stupid COE. low millage bike.. previous owners and I mainly use it for transport nearby. For me at most ride to school for 2 days only. anyone interested can get me at 8 1 2 seven 1 nine 3 eight

Hello Seniors,

Not sure if I am posting this in the right page, if so please do forgive me and redirect me. Thank you.

Been playing with cars for many years but my current car now COE dying end of this year. Would love to renew my COE since my car no more production but due to COE so high, dont think im gonna renew it therefore I have decided to ride bikes for years to come for the time being.

Im very very new to bikes, I know nothing much about them, maybe just the basic stuff here and there. Been looking through this forum for quite some time now. Quite informative I must say.

Anyhoo, I just got my 2B license last year, SEP 2014. Fell in love the the RS125 10 years ago. Honestly, I love cars more and I am not a big fan of bikes but this bike stole my heart away. Its like that girl in poly you wanna paku nearly a decade back but no chance until now.

Tried riding the bike for 2 days with a bike rental company, boy it was a beautiful experience. The thrill, the speed, the power, the sound, the wind. Coming from a car fan, it felt really dangerous to be honest. Uncomfortable at times due to the riding posture compared to seats on cars but I guess thats something to getting used to. But it was a different high from driving cars. I dont know, maybe slower, but it sure felt faster. The best part was lane splitting. Again, I felt it was dangerous but beating peak hour traffic thru and fro from home to work was really amazing.

Ok enough talking nonsense. Sorry for being so "loh-soh" :p

Few things I wanna check with you seniors, due to my line of work, I am only looking at 2-3 days of actual bike riding cos of overseas attachments. Dont think I am gonna upgrade to 2A-2 cos I am planning to try get hold of a car in the near future when I have kids and stuff.

1) How much am I looking at for a 28 yo P-plate insurance for an RS125? If so, which insurance type (comp, tpft, tp) and insurance coy you would reccommend?

2) How often should I maintain my bike? For example, my car manual's states that I should service every 10,000km but I do it every 5,000km.

3) How much am I looking at mantainence cost per month?

4) Honestly, is it that leceh/diffcult to upkeep this bike?

5) What are the upkeeps for servicing? Spark plugs, engine oil, clutch oil, brake fluid, radiator fluid, clutch plates, brake pads, carb wash, pistons cleaning, intake cleaning, exhaust de-carbonizing etc?

6) I reaslised that there is no fuel gauge, how do you tell if your bike is gonna run out of fuel? Open up the fuel tank once in a while to visibly check inside? Cos I feel following mileage is not accurate due to how much you floor the accelerator.

7) What do I look out for in a used RS125? Again, I dont know bout bikes but I can tell if a car's banged up and sorts.

8) Do you put the 2T oil together with fuel in the petrol tank or is there a seperate tank for it? And how much 2T to put? It is good or overkill if I put one full bott per full tank refuel?

9) Is there any "poison list" that I can follow?

Once again, I apologise in advance for a the noob/stupid questions and if I am posting this in the wrong forum.

I hope you shifus out there can help me out and advice me further. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you and ride safe always!

1) How much am I looking at for a 28 yo P-plate insurance for an RS125? If so, which insurance type (comp, tpft, tp) and insurance coy you would reccommend?

my insurance was around 1k when I brought mine with NTUC income 3rd party only, so yours should be way cheaper. if you want can call in and check with the insurance company. usually after P plate period, insurance is base on age, this is base on my experience with my other bikers friends haha [and she got bike license before I do by 5 months earlier]

2) How often should I maintain my bike? For example, my car manual's states that I should service every 10,000km but I do it every 5,000km.

For me I go service every 3 months, change engine oil spark plug and brake pad. these all common for bikes. [i don't travel much on my bike, mainly for school only. Hougang to Clementi about 2 or 3 days in a week

3) How much am I looking at mantainence cost per month?

Hmm..for my bike RS 125 '05 y2k model I just top up 2T and petrol usage. cost depends on your 2T so I find it ok, same as other 2stroke bike haha

4) Honestly, is it that leceh/diffcult to upkeep this bike?

I personally still studying and teaching tuition around my house, each month don't really spend much on bike except for petrol mainly so depends on your travel distance all

6) I reaslised that there is no fuel gauge, how do you tell if your bike is gonna run out of fuel? Open up the fuel tank once in a while to visibly check inside? Cos I feel following mileage is not accurate due to how much you floor the accelerator.

Base on distance traveled and riding style, mine I can run around 160++ for around 8 litre like that mainly riding 80-100 sometimes 130-140 about the same consumption. can check before you ride and then decide if you want to go pump petrol, can turn on reserve if scare no petrol

7) What do I look out for in a used RS125? Again, I dont know bout bikes but I can tell if a car's banged up and sorts.

good question, I brought mine from friend so lucky my bike no big problem, he told me to change sprocket and chain beforehand and then no problem for riding already since I don't do tracking to msia. In singapore no problem and don't have intention to ride to further places.

8) Do you put the 2T oil together with fuel in the petrol tank or is there a seperate tank for it? And how much 2T to put? It is good or overkill if I put one full bott per full tank refuel?

separate tank under rider seat, I fill mine around 90% of 2T tank, can see inside the volume level, around 1 bottle of 2T can last me for 1-2 months like that. '05 model have 2T senser, it will hit the red light with half a tank left so it reminds me to fill up by then. no need to fill in 2T everytime you pump petrol, 2T consumption not that hard to use up one. for me I think I top up petrol for 4 times a month and I only top up 2T for around 2.8 month like that..

cheers!! I also learning the ropes here, I usually go to ah seng if bike got any prob and he knows me and my bike.. and fellow aprilia riders very friendly there, sometimes can go there do servicing and chit chat with other riders to learn more.

and I planning to upgrade soon so I selling my bike, interested lemme knw @ 8127 1nine38

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bro Louis!

Firstly, I do sincerely apologise for the late reply as I was caught up with work the past few weeks :(

Thank you so much for your help, I really do appreciate you getting back to me and the info given, answering my questions and all, learnt quite abit about the RS125 from your replies!

To be honest, I'm kinda still in limbo on my decision tho...

Anyways, till then, stay safe, be safe and ride safe always!

there's the 2T sensor for 06 model and above as well

yeah, no fuel gauge. i always pump it when it reach 200km. but it will prompt you when its on reserve

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Any Aprilia RS4 125 riders out there? @text me @91445375 and I'll add you into a newly created whatsapp group to talk cock and discuss about stuffs :)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for the super late reply long rarely log in, yup overhauling the RS250 engine soon. Manage to start back my 2003 RS125 after some time found sitting in the shop for 3 years, don't know why the shop just leave it under the bike cover, hate to see good bike sleeping.

Hi any advice on anyone whom can re furbish my RS 250 which was sleeping in my store since 2009 ? i want to let it re live its glory days .. i did not have time to work on it . Any good mechanic to recommend ? 64598996

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, want to get some information regarding RS125.

What are the differences between the make of the bike, be it 2005/2007/2012/etc..?

And will the make of the bike cause anything?

Like for example, the earlier make of the bike got something wrong with the fuel tank or whatsoever?

Thanks in advance!

Hi peeps, kindly Google for the answer.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

any1 selling their rs 125? preferably 2020 coe onwards.

Cant seems to find any decent 1 online

I just saw this...

https://carousell.com/p/18342334/?r=fbgrps

" Tip top condition and well taken care Aprilia Rs 125 for sale at 8.5k (nego).

- Regular service every 2000km

- Only full synthetic 2T oil used

- Accessories itself cost more than 2.5k

- COE end at May 2022 "