SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900

Palary

Originally posted by Custom@Sep 3 2005, 11:10 PM

if can i put 2 or more jelly can.. :sweat:

the problem is singapore side will catch u and fine $500 for 1 jelly can...

transportation cost cut but pocket big hole.. :giddy:

I think africa twin aftermarket tank can carry abt 40L... how I wish our tank also can... :cheeky:

Change side box to JLeo type, convert one of them to tank.

I think AT is 43L tank, there are 2 or 3 in singapore.

i wonder how a diversion would look like with such a big tank. From front, can see the tank wider than the head.

mctan

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Custom

• SiLvErGhOsT

• mctan

• Heyrul77

Originally posted by Custom@Sep 3 2005, 11:12 PM

get one for everyday use and one for your touring...

most of us did tat...

I though u r getting e Rjays?

I looked at the Rjay, nice, but there is no overlap for the zip, water might seep through. I went to Chong Aik look at the GRP, also nice. There is overlap for zip better price. Dun noe which is good. :confused: :confused: :sian: :sian:

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 3 2005, 11:26 PM

Change side box to JLeo type, convert one of them to tank.

I think AT is 43L tank, there are 2 or 3 in singapore.

i wonder how a diversion would look like with such a big tank. From front, can see the tank wider than the head.

in sg, normal... go 2nd link big big tank... :smile:

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by Custom@Sep 3 2005, 11:31 PM

in sg, normal... go 2nd link big big tank... :smile:

you may check europe website or go jb cut bottom layer of tank, weld another layer and make it bigger.

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 3 2005, 11:42 PM

you may check europe website or go jb cut bottom layer of tank, weld another layer and make it bigger.

not much lar... the most 5liter only... looking for at least 40L than it is worth the investment. :smile:

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

mctan,

is that nolan flip up helmet u targeting for ur day to day use or for touring???? Custom mention that it's advisable to get 1 for each purpose right... If it's for touring, i think u should choose 1 that can't flip up. Us bikers when we ride dun really get a chance to lift it up and talk mah. My frens also commented that the flip will open upon heavy impact. U might wanna consider again. :goodluck:

Let's keep our ass safe on the road and live to ride another day....

Anyway I still saving up for the helmet and jacket. Burn a big hole in my pocket for the divvy so must "lun" for awhile first. Will carry on checking out the model and prices for different various brands. I'll post any findings I have over the forum so that u can use it as reference lor. Good idea???:thumb:

Originally posted by yappiez@Sep 3 2005, 07:37 PM

True saying bro! All the divvy bros really take care of their bikes, inside and outside too... Touring? They are also one of the most regular touring bike groups here... U will be in for a wonderful time....... :thumb:

That's great but I dun think i qualify to join u guys yet. Must know my bike inside out first. Handling, control and details of the bike otherwise not really confident of bringing it out to join u guys. Dun wanna be a hassle to anyone.:thumb:

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 4 2005, 02:45 AM

That's great but I dun think i qualify to join u guys yet. Must know my bike inside out first. Handling, control and details of the bike otherwise not really confident of bringing it out to join u guys. Dun wanna be a hassle to anyone.:thumb:

to know ur bike inside out is to test it's limit.

suggest u go for short trip, a slow one to know how she behave.

In sg, u can only test how tame she is... only when u go for tour, than u know how evil she can become... :cheeky:

by custom.... hahahaha

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 4 2005, 02:36 AM

mctan,

is that nolan flip up helmet u targeting for ur day to day use or for touring???? Custom mention that it's advisable to get 1 for each purpose right... If it's for touring, i think u should choose 1 that can't flip up. Us bikers when we ride dun really get a chance to lift it up and talk mah. My frens also commented that the flip will open upon heavy impact. U might wanna consider again. :goodluck:

A reason why I choose flip up, bcos my head is big. I have difficulty putting in ff helmet. :weep: :weep: A flip one is easier for me.:sweat:

mctan

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 4 2005, 02:38 AM

Anyway I still saving up for the helmet and jacket. Burn a big hole in my pocket for the divvy so must "lun" for awhile first. Will carry on checking out the model and prices for different various brands. I'll post any findings I have over the forum so that u can use it as reference lor. Good idea???:thumb:

I think I got "lun" longer than you. Whatever I buy, got to x2. :giddy:

mctan

Originally posted by Custom@Sep 4 2005, 07:17 AM

to know ur bike inside out is to test it's limit.

suggest u go for short trip, a slow one to know how she behave.

In sg, u can only test how tame she is... only when u go for tour, than u know how evil she can become... :cheeky:

by custom.... hahahaha

can't agree more.... really can't wait to test out her power. making me feel itchy all over.

how fast have u went on the bike and how was it???? guess it must have been smooth sailing all the way.:smile: :cheer:

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 4 2005, 10:42 AM

A reason why I choose flip up, bcos my head is big. I have difficulty putting in ff helmet. :weep: :weep: A flip one is easier for me.:sweat:

mc,

i have the same problem too. my head too damn big. what size u wearing??? for normal helmet, i need at least XL and for a full face i think i need at least 1 size or 2 size bigger otherwise cannot fit at all.:weep:

still, i dun believe there's no helmet suited for us. just carry on looking lor. seriously i really dun mind paying more for a good touring helmet. only thing is that have to "lun" abit longer lor.:thumb:

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 4 2005, 10:43 AM

I think I got "lun" longer than you. Whatever I buy, got to x2. :giddy:

somehow i feel we are very alike. whatever problems u face, i "kena" too.:smile:

really very funny. well x2 for me too. maybe we should save up and goto shop and buy together. like that can bend the price more. :thumb:

bend until the shop owner shout "tor long" :cheeky:

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 4 2005, 11:10 AM

can't agree more.... really can't wait to test out her power. making me feel itchy all over.

how fast have u went on the bike and how was it???? guess it must have been smooth sailing all the way.:smile: :cheer:

abt 230km/h on my new TP handle bar but take abt 5 mins to hit this speed.

w new handle bar and heavier balancers it helps in damping of vibration alots.

Not to worry, normal speed we go is abt 120-140km/h.

Only 2-3 bikes r speed demons... 1 silver, 1 blue... :sweat:

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 4 2005, 11:24 AM

somehow i feel we are very alike. whatever problems u face, i "kena" too.:smile:

really very funny. well x2 for me too. maybe we should save up and goto shop and buy together. like that can bend the price more. :thumb:

try HJC sysmac if they still carry in at motorworld

only abt $200/pcs.

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Hello Nickyeow,

Welcome to the club! I bought my bike from New Southern too...i got the blue one for quite ex....more ex than yours...some more second hand....i know i kena "chopped" many pieces...but come to think of it now...i never regret it one bit! :thumb: It's really a good bike! :thumb: :thumb:

Take your time to explore and enjoy the ride that this baby can bring you!

Be safe always!

Cheers

Yamaha Diversion XJ900

Why dun you try HRC helmets? They are not bad...i bought two from Motoworld...one is flipup FF and the other is FF. Both i got it at $180.

I got my riding jacket from there too...Komine mesh with paddings all around...$180 too.

Only my gloves i got them from Chiap Lee...Clover Gloves...i think i paid $120 for them...

My few cents worth....

Yamaha Diversion XJ900

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 4 2005, 11:17 AM

mc,

i have the same problem too. my head too damn big. what size u wearing??? for normal helmet, i need at least XL and for a full face i think i need at least 1 size or 2 size bigger otherwise cannot fit at all.:weep:

still, i dun believe there's no helmet suited for us. just carry on looking lor. seriously i really dun mind paying more for a good touring helmet. only thing is that have to "lun" abit longer lor.:thumb:

Yah man, with my head, bike CG will be higher by few inches. Conering, the head will kana the ground first.:nono:

It depend on the cutting of the helmet as well. When I try the FF flip up, XL ok. FF w/o flip up, having problem squess my head in. Worry, go in, can't come out. :help: :help:

Best is find one same as my avator

mctan

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 4 2005, 11:24 AM

Good idea! :thumb:

But got to wait for afew more months, before my pocket loss abit...

mctan

Originally posted by Swift@Sep 4 2005, 05:39 PM

Why dun you try HRC helmets? They are not bad...i bought two from Motoworld...one is flipup FF and the other is FF. Both i got it at $180.

I got my riding jacket from there too...Komine mesh with paddings all around...$180 too.

Only my gloves i got them from Chiap Lee...Clover Gloves...i think i paid $120 for them...

My few cents worth....

thanks man for the info. really appreciate it.:smile: