SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900

Palary

Originally posted by mctan@Aug 22 2005, 11:10 AM

Hi Custom,

May I check with you about the way of install the horns.

I just bought the horns, not yet install. think of DIY.

1. Remove the (+) from current horn, connect to relay.

2. Another (+) from batt to 13A fuse, from fuse to relay, from relay parallel to both horn.

3. Remove the earth from current horn and connect to new horns.(Optional)

Is it correct? Or do I miss out something?

mctan

hi mctan,

the connections are as below:

1. remove (+) & (-) from existing horn

2. mount it on the signal of the relay.

3. wire (+) from new horn to relay.

4. wire (+) from battery to relay

Optional

(a)

5. wire (-) from battery to relay

6. wire (-) from new horn to relay

or

(b)

5. tap new horn (-) to chassis => muz make sure the grounding is of gd contact.

the option (b) may coz poor contact later...

suggest to use option (a) although it is abit of troublesome.

hopes it helps.

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Custom

• SiLvErGhOsT

• mctan

• Heyrul77

Dear Divvys BROS ,

Back from Re-service(ICT) but will continue for my CME (Company Misson Exercise) tomorrow , be back on wed or Thurs.....

i just lately notice that TP Bikes under neath the farings put some Blue Neon lights .

anyone know how to DIY ?

thinking of puting blue neon lights underneath the bike , looks nice :smile: :cheeky:

Dont Think ... FEEL the Wind ,Safety is always the first !

Originally posted by vtec666@Aug 23 2005, 01:32 AM

Dear Divvys BROS ,

Back from Re-service(ICT) but will continue for my CME (Company Misson Exercise) tomorrow , be back on wed or Thurs.....

i just lately notice that TP Bikes under neath the farings put some Blue Neon lights .

anyone know how to DIY ?

thinking of puting blue neon lights underneath the bike , looks nice :smile: :cheeky:

Wah bro vetc 666,

After install, ppl will mistaken your bike as TPs'.... everyone will "siam4" to the left and give way to you.

next time got to follow behind you.......:bounce:

mctan

mctan

Guest bikesmut

Hey Backoff & Euro,

since you guys talking about horns, I was wondering if you recall hearing that "ambulance siren" horn those bikers in Cambodia use. I spoke to our friendly neighbourhood ice-cream box seller after I got back about getting some of these horns in but I guess he kinda forgot or haven't had time to call the contact in Cambodia to get them.

I doubt very much it'll be legal for use here, but I won't bother too much as I'll only use outside of sg. Backoff, think you can give yr friends a call/sms/email and find out how much they'll cost?

Hope to catch up with you one of these days, Euro and I have metup a few times in the past weeks and even met the ex-owner of your previous bike very recently.

Originally posted by bikesmut@Aug 23 2005, 08:34 PM

Hey Backoff & Euro,

since you guys talking about horns, I was wondering if you recall hearing that "ambulance siren" horn those bikers in Cambodia use. I spoke to our friendly neighbourhood ice-cream box seller after I got back about getting some of these horns in but I guess he kinda forgot or haven't had time to call the contact in Cambodia to get them.

I doubt very much it'll be legal for use here, but I won't bother too much as I'll only use outside of sg. Backoff, think you can give yr friends a call/sms/email and find out how much they'll cost?

Hope to catch up with you one of these days, Euro and I have metup a few times in the past weeks and even met the ex-owner of your previous bike very recently.

bikesmut, paiseh, who are U? Find out the cost of what?:confused::giddy: :sorry: Don't mind pm me, txs!

Was in Batam when I sit on a Taxi.

He has 2 type of horn...

1 the normal one that when u horn, nobody will siam,

the other when he "horn", it sound like the police car... everyone siam like nobody business only to find that it's just a taxi.. :slapforehead:

Ask him where to get, he refuse to disclose it. :sian:

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by bikesmut@Aug 23 2005, 08:34 PM

Hey Backoff & Euro,

Oh oh! helo helo....touring kaki thailand and Cam!

You made Backoff wondering...

Btw, Who is the ice-cream box seller???? there are 2 of them leh...

Have you heard of a movie about a bike trip from UK to New york?

Wonder what horns they using..?

:D :D

STOC#2963.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/733128425_940c3cc0c5_m.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3539/2228/320/P1020266.jpg

Originally posted by Custom@Aug 24 2005, 10:32 AM

Was in Batam when I sit on a Taxi.

He has 2 type of horn...

1 the normal one that when u horn, nobody will siam,

the other when he "horn", it sound like the police car... everyone siam like nobody business only to find that it's just a taxi.. :slapforehead:

Ask him where to get, he refuse to disclose it. :sian:

Custom custom..

He didnt wnat to tell you becoz...

you forgot to give him bribes.. :lol:

STOC#2963.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/733128425_940c3cc0c5_m.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3539/2228/320/P1020266.jpg

Originally posted by Euro@Aug 24 2005, 10:49 AM

ice-cream horn? :D :D :lol:

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by Euro@Aug 24 2005, 10:51 AM

Custom custom..

He didnt wnat to tell you becoz...

you forgot to give him bribes.. :lol:

wrong... later i found out that he bribes the police for the horn.. :lol:

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Guest bikesmut
Originally posted by Euro@Aug 24 2005, 10:49 AM

Ice-cream box seller with the 43ltr tank - Chan. Was awarded best tour guide award during his last vietnam trip coz while riding at 4am, he stopped pointed and said "that is the 7 step pagoda, bla bla bala" :cheeky:

The trip from UK to New York is called Long Way Round. You can check more details here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403778 or http://www.longwayround.com/lwr.htm

Riders were both actors (not counting the cameraman); one very famous - Ewan McGregor (Obi-wan Kenobi of Star Wars fame), other not so - Charley Boorman.

They used stock R1150GS Adventure sponsored by BMW, so should be original horns.

Breakdown

run time : 1hr per episode x 7

luggage : Touratech ice-cream box x 3

clothing : BMW

Helmet : Arai Tour-x

Hi buggers,

You guys talking about horns, any modified horns is illegal each piece is (summon) $70....you can interchange or fix from the same bike make not from a car horn to a, bike...(latest info) LTA/ROV

Never use, also same...... as long it is mounted...:giddy: $70 X 2 (becarefull)

Someone bought over the silver diversion from southern-motors for about $11k+ ...last week ~ anybody knew who it is :confused: ..

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by Custom@Aug 24 2005, 11:17 AM

wrong... later i found out that he bribes the police for the horn.. :lol:

:D ok the summary is:

He brided the policeman for the police car horn in exchange for the ice-cream horn that he has.

Anyway, isnt the icecream horn a bell?... commonly used by Santa Claus.

;)

huh? Guru Chan was talking to who at 4am?

STOC#2963.

Originally posted by mctan@Aug 24 2005, 10:53 AM

I think m'sia has this that of horn too.

put 2 loudheaders on the bike.

each side one, can use as siren/horn and talking.

use normal D size batts. :bounce:

:offtopic:

mctan

:faint:

I remember the old TP bikes in Spore also has this loudhailers mount to guards.. but dont know if they can talk into it!

"stop there, get off your bike with boths hands in the air... and place them on your pipes....!"

STOC#2963.

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Aug 24 2005, 12:12 PM

Hi buggers,

You guys talking about horns, any modified horns is illegal each piece is (summon) $70....you can interchange or fix from the same bike make not from a car horn to a, bike...(latest info) LTA/ROV

Never use, also same...... as long it is mounted...:giddy: $70 X 2 (becarefull)

Someone bought over the silver diversion from southern-motors for about $11k+ ...last week ~ anybody knew who it is :confused: ..

Silverghost...o_O

Hi SG,

can u advise the link to this information?

I check and check onemotoring still don't have leh....

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

SilverGhost,

Can U please furnish the details of the illegal horn mod? I clarified with the inspection centre personnel and was told that it is not illegal. The rule is horns must be electrically driven, not air driven. Those who got fined are using Magnum Nautilus and such. No such rule against Magnam Stebel, FIAM Duotones or Hella Supertones, all of which are electrically driven.

From,

OMD

So Many Roads

---------> So Much Power

-------------------> So Little Time

-----------------------------> It's A Vmax Thing.

SilverGhost,

Can U please furnish the details of the illegal horn mod? I clarified with the inspection centre personnel and was told that it is not illegal. The rule is horns must be electrically driven, not air driven. Those who got fined are using Magnum Nautilus and such. No such rule against Magnum Stebel, FIAM Duotones or Hella Supertones, all of which are electrically driven.

From,

OMD

So Many Roads

---------> So Much Power

-------------------> So Little Time

-----------------------------> It's A Vmax Thing.

Define Danger

More time on road = More Danger

Less time on road = Less Danger

Slower Speed = More Time On Road

Faster Speed = Less Time on Road

Thus

Less Time on Road = Less Danger = Faster Speed~~

Hi guys,

As for the information is given by motoworld mechanics... every bike after replacing the aftermarket exhaust system, they need to bring it over to LTA to certify(inspect/test 'db')...

During this process the mechanic- come to learn about this...! the LTA/ROV inspectors told the mechanics, to inform the bikers about it, it is illegal to use the after market horns. They say it can be summon at $70 each.

As for the 'onemotoring' they are very brief...about their information.

As according to LTA~ the horns from the car cannot be transfered to the bike and from other make of bike for e.g- honda horns' to yamaha or vice versa...

As long it is from the same make for e.g- yamaha bike to another yamaha bike..it is okay.

The "db" decible should not exceed 110db .. most of the aftermarket horns have 130db. It is only a matter of time..! When someone get caught and pay thru his nose for something that he/she uses only once in a :cry: bluemoon.

Me a kind of busy for the pass few days sorry for the late reply..!

So guys any meet up :hungry: lately! how about Saturday 27th (tomorrow) night

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

I'll wait for LTA/ROV to summon me so that I know I was not suppose to modify my horn to a louder one in order to save my life... :smile:

Anyway juz pass my little scooter inspection (also fixed with the same loud horn) with vicom. :confused:

My brother say ok to fixed but my uncle say not ok....

also my aunte warns me too loud wait police catch and lastly my friend say if horn b4 midnight ok but after midnight will kenna

so I wait and c lor... :sleep:

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

For this horny thing.

I wanna fix a count down timer in.

For example set it to 1sec or less, so when I press and release less than a sec. It activate the original horn. If I press more than 1 sec, after 1 sec up. It turn to louder horn.

mctan

mctan