SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900

Palary

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 9 2005, 10:17 AM

Whahaaha.....

I think half of them were posted by me.... nothing to do in the office mah....

so.... make our forum the most popular among all....:cheeky:

You may try this link

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=88774

Willie is selling, dun noe is it good. He imported them. Got to meet him up and look see look see...

But he say that the long one for racing and the short one are suitable for touring.

bro,

u better not let ur boss see u use office time to log on. later kanna sack divvy have to sell then u know.:cry:

anyway i check out the gloves liao. THOSE are riding gloves????? look more like some punching gloves leh. too much lah. maybe better for a fjr but not a divvy. we divvy riders must have our own style but that is definitely not it.

Let's keep our ass safe on the road and live to ride another day....

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Custom

• SiLvErGhOsT

• mctan

• Heyrul77

Ass Kanah bitten by mosquitoes in jungle is still ok.. as long not at Pungol!

The dengue photos on the straitstimes look terrifying man...

Now that one is the real phantom.. :giddy: :giddy:

STOC#2963.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/733128425_940c3cc0c5_m.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3539/2228/320/P1020266.jpg

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 9 2005, 02:09 PM

no lor it doesn't say it all.......

come on and be a sport and tell leh..... becoming more and more mysterious liao.:bouncefire: :bouncefire:

Hahaha...

I had met the "Phamton Killer" :bow: :bow: :bow: once.

I dun noe how this term evolved. Maybe the LiaoJiao might want to enlighten...

I heard she rode phantom and follow them(divy bros) for tour or something..

mctan

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 9 2005, 02:14 PM

u seow on is it???? how come got love for outfield one????

Whahaha.... Outfield mah.. quite fun man...

When in the jungle, fresh air, no noise , no air pollution. All green... siok....

Other then the Commando mosquito, I think the rest are ok for me.... hahaha :thumb:

mctan

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 9 2005, 02:20 PM

bro,

u better not let ur boss see u use office time to log on. later kanna sack divvy have to sell then u know.:cry:

anyway i check out the gloves liao. THOSE are riding gloves????? look more like some punching gloves leh. too much lah. maybe better for a fjr but not a divvy. we divvy riders must have our own style but that is definitely not it.

hahaha... I think can use for open durian....

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 9 2005, 03:02 PM

Hahaha...

Bro,

correction.... All divvy follow her lar....

Tat time any divvy over takes her will be haunted by her.. :help:

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Sep 9 2005, 11:03 AM

Hi mctan,

Are you buying those glove looks very garang(fierce) riding an Ahpeck bike, rider wearing garang gloves scary bosss!

If you ride a racing bike - it will be a match..titanium knuckles is nothing (an expensive piece of metal on a glove-most of the cost your are paying for the titaniums') it is the leather that is very important it should be comfortable,padded nicely and long lasting...able to withstand our climate..rain and shine.

If you are still interested go and have a look(as you say look see,look see), don't buy the one with the elastic type the short gloves that ends with the elastic stretch at the wrist...I bought one(alpinestar $120+) short gloves with the elastic end it expanded after sometimes of usage(now it dosen't holds around the wrist)..learn in hard way...he,he,heee!

If anyone have any experience- please share and thats what me doing and don't let others go thru what you've been thru... :smile: money don't come free...

$180-$150 for a used glove is EX$, you can get a good ones from varies shop around singapore...

Try to buy a glove slightly with a tight fitting after some time of use the leathers expand like your shoes and fits wonderfully..

If got the cash, get 2 sets(pairs) for local riding get the short type, for touring get the long gloves...

Silverghost...o_O

Hi SG,

I would like to check with you, if the glove is made of leather, does it waterproof?

If a pair of waterproof gloves, do they made of leather or other material?

For touring, what type of gloves are more suitable? Do you have any brand or shop can recommend?

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 9 2005, 03:02 PM

Hahaha...

this really must see. divvy follow behind phantom go touring. really must see then can believe leh.o_O o_O

somemore lady, must be one damn fierce babe.:lovestruck:

Originally posted by Euro@Sep 9 2005, 02:57 PM

Ass Kanah bitten by mosquitoes in jungle is still ok.. as long not at Pungol!

The dengue photos on the straitstimes look terrifying man...

Now that one is the real phantom.. :giddy: :giddy:

actually all the mosquitoes outfield got white stripes like the pix on the papers but so far never gotten dengue before leh. really dunno y. anyway everyone be careful and keep them far far away from us.:mad: :mad:

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 9 2005, 11:15 PM

this really must see. divvy follow behind phantom go touring. really must see then can believe leh.o_O o_O

wa did that legend ever happen ? all divvy follow behind phantom ? hmmmm :giddy:

plus fierce.. ai yoh.. scary sia.... me no guts one... better dnt meet her wait she makan me.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by nickyeow@Sep 9 2005, 11:15 PM

i met her on our trip to gentin, that time she is a pillion, the first only pillion i know that can take pics of us @ 150km/h & the pic dam clear, not blur/distored man :thumb:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 9 2005, 11:06 PM

Hi SG,

I would like to check with you, if the glove is made of leather, does it waterproof?

If a pair of waterproof gloves, do they made of leather or other material?

For touring, what type of gloves are more suitable? Do you have any brand or shop can recommend?

Hi,

Leather gloves are water resistant (if treated), to a certain extent, but never waterproof. Only rubber or neoprene gloves are waterproof.

What is more important when choosing gloves, apart from how "chio" it looks, is the level of protection it offers. Most good gloves would have good palm protection. All those Kevlar, Titanium, etc knuckles are just for decorative purposes. In the event of a crash, chances are riders will outstretch their hands, palms down, hence, the maximum protection needed is on the palms. Kevlar or Titanium knuckles are good for punching ppl though :-)

Go to the Fox shop along Jalan Besar and give it a look see. They have many range of gloves that caters to most riders needs. Last I checked, they carry Fox, Thor and some others.

Always remember, buy something that you find comfortable to wear, coz else, you'll never wear them eventually. Seen that happening couple of times while touring with some folks.

From,

OMD

So Many Roads

---------> So Much Power

-------------------> So Little Time

-----------------------------> It's A Vmax Thing.

Originally posted by beebee@Sep 10 2005, 03:41 AM

wa did that legend ever happen ? all divvy follow behind phantom ? hmmmm :giddy:

plus fierce.. ai yoh.. scary sia.... me no guts one... better dnt meet her wait she makan me.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by beebee@Sep 10 2005, 03:41 AM

wow lao u not pie say :faint:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by comics00@Sep 10 2005, 03:41 AM

i met her on our trip to gentin, that time she is a pillion, the first only pillion i know that can take pics of us @ 150km/h & the pic dam clear, not blur/distored man :thumb:

then like that can ask her to make a film already....

maybe our own touring documentary.:thumb: :thumb:

Hi Guys,

Like you ppl have nothing to talk - talking about Phantom killer only...:faint:

imagine other buggers go thru our thread they don't know- what the hell we talking about..another words -Catch No Ball...

If you ppl are so interested to meet (the so called phantom killer) you ppl better turn up for the meetups.. :hungry: (how me garang or not) he,he,hee..!

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 9 2005, 11:06 PM

I would like to check with you, if the glove is made of leather, does it waterproof?If a pair of waterproof gloves, do they made of leather or other material? For touring, what type of gloves are more suitable? Do you have any brand or shop can recommend?

Hi mctan,

So far to my knowledge there is no waterproof gloves selling in S'pore...most of the leather gloves selling here are water resistance to certain level only (still water seeps thru the stitches)...

The so called waterproof gloves is twice as thick as the normal leather gloves...It sewn with thermal lining inside which is why the glove looks quite big, too hot for local use...so the shops dosen't brings in the waterproof gloves...(dosen't look nice).

Myself using clover gloves ($150 after bargaining) there are other brands you can try on and look out for- as what OMD and me saying do not buy those with all the fancy knuckles made out of varies material. If the gloves comes with it and the pricing is good by all means go for it...

As what I said earlier get short gloves for local ride and the long glove for long distance(touring).

There are gloves made from different materials- it is the padding that is very important- where the padding is placed for better protection.

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 9 2005, 11:22 AM

Honda GoldWing, got Air Bag for rider just same as car liao...

Hi mctan,

So how about side impacts :confused: .And Sooo! FArrrR!...... does the goldwing really need an air bag :confused: how many time goldwings have been involved in an accident ...?

From my view it is inpractical use for an airbag..especially on bikes!..:confused:

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by yob_rekib@Sep 10 2005, 11:01 PM

would like to know what is the recomended interval to change semi-syn engine oil?

Hi Yob_rekib,

First Bro- we are no sifus, just call us buggers will do...he,he,hee! :smile:

For a Semi-Synthetic Engine oil 5500-6000km, if it is an ordinary engine oil it should have been change every 4000km, for a fully synthetic you can use up to 8000+km. The other thing to take note of is to know the bike performance like sometime it is difficult to engage the gear or return to neutral or engine is heavy(rough)...this are all the indication for the engine oil need to be change but remember always record the mileage of the last changed use it as a guide.

I give you a suggestion buy those (envelope address sticker roughly about 1"+ by 3"+ stickers from bookshops/IT marts it cost about $2+ for a few dozen stickers) write the mileage, date (oil changed) on it and stick it under your seat...where you can use it as a refferrence/guide for next oil change.

There are other ways to delay engine oil change, is not to let the Engine Over Heat, if this regularly takes place then your oil change will be shorter then the general suggested guide line.

One more thing last not least- buy the oil filters and other yamaha spares from Automachinary Pte ltd (yamaha parts/supply's) behind mustafa verdun rd, you will save alot of $$-use OEM filters don't let wkshp bluff you into using honda filters...

Silverghost... o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...