SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900

Palary

Hi Casper,

What time u left Lower Seletar?

I reach there ard 11.15pm but there's no Divvy there...

Hehe... I guess by tat time u left liao rite?

Eager to see ur w/shield...

By the way if u have nt sell ur divvy yet, why nt join us this Thurs.

Btwn, I have just adjusted my rear suspension but it cant go any lower than 4.5, thinking of making it to 4. However, the feeling is different. Abit wobling while cornering... I also dun dare to cut corner jialat2 coz gt crashbar and my tyre is oni a Dunlop Aeromax.. (stock tyre). I also considering to get the Perilli Dragon which cost $280 for both front and rear. Any comment? Think will try and adjust it back to 6. Any comment too?

Abt a FF helmet, juz nw went to Motorworld and they have this offer for HJC FF helmet which cost $150.00 this wan can open up wan. Isit ok? Anyone try using it b4? It look cool with plain design. Duno want to change tyre first or get the FF helmet first.. After that, i can relax one corner for the next few month as need to save money... pocket oso dry liao...

Still gt family to feed. Haha...

*Live Each Day As If It Was Your Last And You Will Find Each Day Worth Living For*

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Custom

• SiLvErGhOsT

• mctan

• Heyrul77

Well, it depends on which you think is more impt.

I would change tyre first...

You can get the FF before you go on a long ride.

Some riders still rather use FF anywhere the go. Even to NTUC.

:thumb:

STOC#2963.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/733128425_940c3cc0c5_m.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3539/2228/320/P1020266.jpg

Originally posted by Heyrul^77@May 10 2006, 03:55 AM

Btwn, I have just adjusted my rear suspension but it cant go any lower than 4.5, thinking of making it to 4. However, the feeling is different. Abit wobling while cornering... I also dun dare to cut corner jialat2 coz gt crashbar and my tyre is oni a Dunlop Aeromax.. (stock tyre). I also considering to get the Perilli Dragon which cost $280 for both front and rear. Any comment? Think will try and adjust it back to 6. Any comment too?

Duno want to change tyre first or get the FF helmet first.. After that, i can relax one corner for the next few month as need to save money... pocket oso dry liao...

Heyrul^77

You got to use abit of "cow" strenght to adjust the rear sup, especially when it is dirty.

For me I would change tyre first, a good pair of tyre save life. Especially it rains everyday recently.

If you find that 4 is too soft, click to 5 and try. I find that 5 just ok for 1up, 6 is ok for 2up. But it depends on personal preference.

If you are eager to find out how does a skidmarx looks like on diversion, can come to my place and view. My place is just about 600mtrs away from NYP. :D

mctan

Hi Casper,

What time u left Lower Seletar?

I reach there ard 11.15pm but there's no Divvy there...

Hehe... I guess by tat time u left liao rite?

Eager to see ur w/shield...

By the way if u have nt sell ur divvy yet, why nt join us this Thurs.

Abt a FF helmet, juz nw went to Motorworld and they have this offer for HJC FF helmet which cost $150.00 this wan can open up wan. Isit ok? Anyone try using it b4? It look cool with plain design. Duno want to change tyre first or get the FF helmet first.. After that, i can relax one corner for the next few month as need to save money... pocket oso dry liao...

Alamak! :slapforehead:

It's tonight not last night!

I'll be gg ther tonight on my very much awaited dream bike - FJR :cheeky:

Wan to see my w/shield? Thought I posted a picture b4? Wanna see the 'real' thing ar? :smile:

$280 for a pair of Pirelli Dragon is cheap! Is it inclusive of balancing?

I've used it b4...the rear lasted me for a good 2 years (around 25k)...still can whack somemore but safety first lah...when I wanna to change another set again, the shop quoted me around $450...say what euro went up lah etc...talk kork...in the end never get from the shop...changed BT020 which is cheaper and more economical instead...

Apr '99 - Sept '00 (Yamaha WR200)

Dec '00 - Jul '03 (Honda CB400 Version S)

Jul '03 - 5 June '06 (Yamaha XJ900S Diversion)

10 May '06 - Current (2004 Yamaha FJR1300ABS)

29 Aug '07 - Current (Suzuki Swift Sports-Mega)

04 Feb '09 - Current (2009 Honda City LX i-Vtec)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Casper4XXX/SBFSignatureIV.jpg

Originally posted by Euro@May 10 2006, 10:03 AM

Well, it depends on which you think is more impt.

I would change tyre first...

You can get the FF before you go on a long ride.

Some riders still rather use FF anywhere the go. Even to NTUC.

:thumb:

:giddy: Wear FF to NTUC? Not hot meh? :cheeky:

Yups I'll change the tyre first..more important..it affects the stability and road holding esp on wet surfaces!!! Darn the original tyres! :gun:

Originally posted by mctan@May 10 2006, 10:29 AM

If you are eager to find out how does a skidmarx looks like on diversion, can come to my place and view. My place is just about 600mtrs away from NYP. :D

Eh...trying to snatch biz ar :angry:

HI Casper4XXX

If is to your convenience i shall pick up the belly-pan & oil filter here at punggol from u. Does the pan comes with any clamps that attach to the chassis??

u may call/sms me at 9171 3571.

ALL

Can anyone recommend any shop for re-spraying work on the pan & appx how much $$.

Originally posted by Casper4XXX@May 10 2006, 12:25 PM

Eh...trying to snatch biz ar :angry:

Bro, like that also can... I am not selling my windshield "beat me dead also dun wan to sell" , just show bro Heyrul^77 how it looks like. :smile:

mctan

Mc Tan ,

U stay 600mtrs away frm NYP?

I'm working at AMK Ave 9. by the way will drop by Seletar again tonight to meet up wif Casper.. Anyone wanna join? Casper confirm today ar...! hehe.. same time rite?

Thanks for all the comment regarding the tyre... will consider the Perilli Dragon coz my Bro using it for his S4. Nw change liao to Dunlop D208($100/- frm his friend) When he use the dragon it seems lk the tyre really sticky and stick to the ground. I will change my tyre first rather than the FF helmet. by the way, wat is the best tyre size for our divvy? Front-120 Rear-160? Advise pls...

Regarding my suspension, i will try and adjust it to 5 and test first see how... Thanks alot.

*Live Each Day As If It Was Your Last And You Will Find Each Day Worth Living For*

Originally posted by Heyrul^77@May 10 2006, 04:14 PM

Mc Tan ,

U stay 600mtrs away frm NYP?

I'm working at AMK Ave 9.

NYP at ave 5 or ave 9? The main gate at ave 5...... :confused:

I am staying at st 52

mctan

Well thing later at night need to go stn and do some paper werk. Sianz... den at abt 10plus den will proceed to Seletar Res to meet up with casper. u free? wanna join?

Originally posted by kevin@May 10 2006, 01:03 PM

Can anyone recommend any shop for re-spraying work on the pan & appx how much $$.[/color]

Hi Bro Kevin,

You just spray it by yourself not much of a difference...it is at the bottom and most of the time it will be quite dirty.

DIY(cost less then $10. 1 *rj spray can around $4+ to $5+, 2or3 sand papers those not so rough and 2 0.0 waterproof sand paper)

First -sand it down up to a level where those loose paint comes off what ever left/stays don't care about it, next use water with 0.0 sand paper and make it smooth that's it.

Second-Important is to get the spray colour as close as possible...or spary it Black matching panniers which is easier. give an even coat 1st after it dried couple of hours later give another even coat. Just don't over spray it :smile:

*recommended by friend for spraying bike parts.

Short cuts only do the above on the sides of the belly pan, underneath just do a simple sanding and spray it.

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

I also considering to get the Perilli Dragon which cost $280 for both front and rear. Any comment? Think will try and adjust it back to 6. Any comment too?

Abt a FF helmet, juz nw went to Motorworld and they have this offer for HJC FF helmet which cost $150.00

Hi Heyrul^77,

As what other buggers say- Get the tyres first!!! throw that damn tyres away, motorcycle magazine(test rides) also recommended to switch the tyres after getting that bike.(dunlop aeromax Dry/hot weather no problem but only during the wet/rain/cold tarmac your balls stuck at your throat...:giddy:

As what I said, the suspension no one can suggest the precise setting for you, you'll be your own judge because no one Knows your riding style/habits.

As for myself, I setup it 5th notch and I regularly pillion people not forgetting marketing all panniers are full plus pillion carrying few of those big red plastic bags...he,he,hee! :sweat:

HJC-FF helmet few buggers using it...when we meet we can talk about it. So far no complain about that helmet.

Slowly save money for all the recommend riding gears (you've read earlier threads) for yourself and later you can decorate the bike- Don't get me wrong!!~ we/I are not trying to be "Kiasu" or what ~ we are just being responsible thats all...:smile:

Prioritize e.g tyres and FF helmet -sure tyres come first...If you're not sure, we can guide you thru.

Have Fun :cheer:

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@May 10 2006, 06:57 PM

Hi Bro Kevin,

You just spray it by yourself not much of a difference...it is at the bottom and most of the time it will be quite dirty.

DIY(cost less then $10. 1 *rj spray ...........

Thank you SiLvErGhOsT for the recommendation, i shall find time then to DIY. but i still prefer to let others do it if possible. cos my off day is like a snap of a finger.

BTW i have bought a Alpinestars jacket for $350 & a OGK rain-proof wears at $65, days after i met u at desker rd. i am very satisfy with both jackets.

Originally posted by kevin@May 10 2006, 01:03 PM

HI Casper4XXX

If is to your convenience i shall pick up the belly-pan & oil filter here at punggol from u. Does the pan comes with any clamps that attach to the chassis??

u may call/sms me at 9171 3571.

ALL

Can anyone recommend any shop for re-spraying work on the pan & appx how much $$.

Pai say bout the late reply, bro kevin.

Didnt check the forum since yesterday 12pm...the belly pan is still at my house.

Yups it comes wif 2 metal strips for mounting onto the engine guards' bolts.

When you wanna collect, jus give me a call @ 96630801.

Originally posted by mctan@May 10 2006, 01:42 PM

Bro, like that also can... I am not selling my windshield "beat me dead also dun wan to sell" , just show bro Heyrul^77 how it looks like. :smile:

:thumb: Juz joking :D

Hi Casper4xxx,

Now adays you are very active in the FJR forum....o_O already half migrated already

those FJRians are more active on rides, how can you coup with them or not :confused:

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

hi guys, got a few questions..

i just finish 1 full tank.. 190miles the light came up.. but the thing is im very light on the throttle, 2-3krpm change gear le.. most of the time on highways.. kannot imagine if i whack the bike.. is that normal or i think i have high fc?

and do anyone turn off the fuel tap when they park the bike? coz i just leave it on the petrol might evaporate or what..

any idea guys?

Originally posted by Rikk@May 11 2006, 03:16 PM

hi guys, got a few questions..

i just finish 1 full tank.. 190miles the light came up.. but the thing is im very light on the throttle, 2-3krpm change gear le.. most of the time on highways.. kannot imagine if i whack the bike.. is that normal or i think i have high fc?

and do anyone turn off the fuel tap when they park the bike? coz i just leave it on the petrol might evaporate or what..

any idea guys?

Hi Rikk,

This bike is a "drinker"... :giddy: fc is about the same as 1300 cc bike.

From 1st gear to 5th gear, I changed below 2.5k rpm. Expressway- 3500 - 5000 rpm. Normally with pillion.

One full tank till reserve ligh ON is about 180-185miles only.

If you wan better fc, control your rpm btw 3500 - 3800rpm at highway. Which give you speed of around 80-85km/hr

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@May 11 2006, 03:35 PM

Hi Rikk,

This bike is a "drinker"... :giddy: fc is about the same as 1300 cc bike.

From 1st gear to 5th gear, I changed below 2.5k rpm. Expressway- 3500 - 5000 rpm. Normally with pillion.

One full tank till reserve ligh ON is about 180-185miles only.

If you wan better fc, control your rpm btw 3500 - 3800rpm at highway. Which give you speed of around 80-85km/hr

:giddy: :giddy: heh heh tks for your reply.. tot there's something wrong with my bike

Originally posted by Rikk@May 11 2006, 03:16 PM

hi guys, got a few questions..i just finish 1 full tank.. 190miles the light came up.. any idea guys?

Hi Heyrul^77,

You've just done 304km roughly about 17+km per litre.

190miles X 1.6= 304kilometers

To get to know the fuel consumption 304km divide by litres you top up ~ you'll get to know your (per litre-kilometers consumption)

You should do a basic cares e.g keep *tyre pressures to the optimum, you can try out those iridium spark and air filter should be kept well serviced or replace ones time is up.

It is not neccessary to turn off the fuel tap underneath the tank unless you are on holidays for long time and by the way what fuel are you topping up, octane 95 will do for Divvy.

I get about 18km/1L, depends on my mood.

Irregular rides about 17+km/1L .

Riding fast (5000+ to 6500rpm) -16.8km/1L :smile:

*IF you are one of those do irregular pillion try pump 230psi for the front and 270psi for the rear...

Silverghost... o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@May 11 2006, 02:28 PM

Hi Casper4xxx,

Now adays you are very active in the FJR forum....o_O already half migrated already

those FJRians are more active on rides, how can you coup with them or not :confused:

Silverghost...o_O

:cheeky: Yet to meet up with them

Hey! I'm still a diversion rider as of now, ride it to work everyday.

After office hours,then go home take the FJR. :sweat:

I'm always around these 2 (Diversion & FJR) trends.

Divvy is a really good bike, only riders who've rode it b4 will know. :thumb: :cheer:

Originally posted by Heyrul^77@May 11 2006, 07:21 PM

Hi, guys....

How abt today's makan at M'sia? Still on rite?

u guys can get me thru my hp 91257451-Heyrul. Pls code me with ur nick ok?

Of coz on lar... see u tonight! :smile:

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.