SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900

Palary

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Custom

• SiLvErGhOsT

• mctan

• Heyrul77

Originally posted by cheeko@Nov 8 2006, 10:10 AM

no really purposely go tat route, its the most straight forward & shortest route back to GP. Other routes is actually a detour

:lovestruck: I can see it also .... but really not Enuff ...... plus my Stupid Tyres i dont feel confident to cut the Corners .... :giddy: anywa once change it will get to try soon liao

More more .... ya,,..... 19th Nov Trip to makan Corners.... ha ha :cheeky:

U had been using ur Friendly GPS to recee such Road ya ?

Dont Think ... FEEL the Wind ,Safety is always the first !

Originally posted by Swift@Nov 8 2006, 10:15 AM

You can try Michellin Pilot Road ZR17...

I've just changed it not too long ago at Old Southern Motors at Bukit Merah...for S$300 on set, plus balancing.

I've used it these few days when it is raining... very :thumb: . No problem at all on dry roads needless to say...

Bro Swift ,

I try Recee tomorrow at Bukit Merah first ....got cheap one less then $200 plus after i trade in my tyres .....

THKS :cheeky:

Bridgestone BT020 got to live his name .... Best Tyres ... and cheap and lasting ... :sweat:

Originally posted by mctan@Nov 8 2006, 01:15 PM

Bro Heyrul,

Which diversion comes with 45L tank :confused:

I wanna get one also... :smile:

wow ..... How everyone wish for a 45l tank .... it be massive .... Our Legs will be stretch out far far like WIDE ASS ah .... ha ha ha :cheeky: then all Divvys walking with legs super wide open liao ..... :D

Originally posted by vtec666@Nov 8 2006, 10:27 PM

I try Recee tomorrow at Bukit Merah first ....got cheap one less then $200 plus after i trade in my tyres .....

THKS :cheeky:

Bridgestone BT020 got to live his name .... Best Tyres ... and cheap and lasting ... :sweat:

Faster change ya... then we can go malacca makan corners and makan foods ya... :smile:

You can go to mah motor, BT020 at $290 or LAB at $278. Both come with balancing and installation...

You can change first, post the old tyres online and sell ya.. sell at good price, sure got ppl wants ya...

mctan

Originally posted by vtec666@Nov 8 2006, 11:02 PM

wow ..... How everyone wish for a 45l tank .... it be massive .... Our Legs will be stretch out far far like WIDE ASS ah .... ha ha ha :cheeky: then all Divvys walking with legs super wide open liao ..... :D

Bro sorry wrong info... i mixed up..! :help:

*Live Each Day As If It Was Your Last And You Will Find Each Day Worth Living For*

Originally posted by vtec666@Nov 7 2006, 08:33 PM

come to reliase that my tyre like not stable ...not wobbles but feel very uneasy .... when going to above 140km/h ..... Uncle Member 1144 and Indian Cheif SG : need ur expertise ah .... :help:

Currently using Dunlop K505 size excatly to the spec of the bike.... is this a Stock Tyres.... wow liao if yes kena Corn by Loois motor liao ..... recommand this Stupid Tyres. :giddy:

Hi Vtec666,

Don't listen to shop- they always want to push that dosen't sell another word "clear stock" that people don't really want. I used to go there before, number of time they tell me to use this use that -I told them give free I take. But when I am paying for it -give me what I want.

Now I change my tyre at convienient places like SPC which provide the tyre changing service too.

As for your dunlop K505 is good to use on hot weather~ once after your tyre warm up you can play corner no problem about that but during raining season try to ride slightly slower and try to avoid those lane markings at all course not forgetting the stop lines too, advise not to play corner on wet season.

Maintain the tyre pressure according to the manual. SOLO rding 225psi front and rear 250psi.

You must ride your tyre hard another words. As for traveling to west malaysia riding on NS highway should be no problem going at top speed.

You can try out by riding on a clear road -**wet or *dry roads ~apply the brakes and see how far the bike stops by comparing it on wet and dry road and on a clear Multi storey car park e.g cement road you will have a rough idea about the tyre's characteristic.

*Advise to apply brake at ratio of 80% front and 20% back on warm weather make use of both brakes. If you can practise the so called "**control braking with engine braking" it can help alot on raining season.

hope this can help you.

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by xanc@Nov 8 2006, 01:01 PM

sorry guys, need sum urgent feedback..

wats the average fuel consumption u guys haf for riding in SG?

very huge factor.. :D

Hi xanc,

Average fuel consumption is 17L normal city riding- low consumption is about 19 km/L ~ high consumption is about 16+km/L that for riding at high speed regularily.

So far about the vibration you asked earlier- there was no vibration on my bike to the max top speed. Only have those engine vibration below 3000rpm that was before but for now that also I don't have maybe bike have reach the optimum stage. Using a good engine oil helps alot in this area. recommended Motul synthetic V300 15-50W or 10-40W. which ever you can lay your hand.

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Date: 19 Nov Sun

Day: 1 day only

Meeting: petronas 2nd link

Time: 7am

Purpose: PFF, free and easy.

Back: around 8-9pm (I hope )

Buggers going::bouncefire:

1. custom

2. bats

3. mctans

4. vtec666

5. silverghost

6. AK47

Buggers thinking of going::bounce:

1. nasir(sms-9817 8916)

2. BlackAngel

Sunny Teo could not make up for this trip he was going for a bike tour with his kaki's to thailand- so next time SMS him for any other on coming trip.

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Nov 9 2006, 01:08 AM

Don't listen to shop- they always want to push that dosen't sell another word "clear stock".

As for your dunlop K505 is good to use on hot weather~ once after your tyre warm up you can play corner no problem about that but during raining season try to ride slightly slower and try to avoid those lane markings at all course not forgetting the stop lines too, advise not to play corner on wet season.

Maintain the tyre pressure according to the manual. SOLO rding 225psi front and rear 250psi.

Thks SG ,

After hearing ur expertise ..... feel better in heart ... at least i know this L*** motors is a place i go and last i go liao .....:sweat:

The day on a very raining day i try it ... bike went left and right (skid ) when going to fast ...:giddy:

i got use ur wat called the engine braking tactics ..... useful ..... but got to slow down a lot B4 take control of it ....

This period is the Monsoon raining period ..... i will recee if possible change to all time favourite BT020 ..... :cheeky:

no joke if going to melaka and play corners .... if weather change ... i be all the way Behind and lags all the way .... ha ha ... :faint:

Hi Bats ,

Guess wat ..... i bought the TP handle liao .... yippy .... finally can change it .... :lovestruck: but need a few tips first .... Other then Clutch cable that needs to change.... do i need to change the front brake cable also??

Looks a bit short also dont know long enuff or not ......

Buggers ... Advise pls?? .... Since almost all change to TP handle expect me odd one out ....:sweat:

Originally posted by vtec666@Nov 9 2006, 05:56 AM

Hi Bats ,

Guess wat ..... i bought the TP handle liao .... yippy .... finally can change it .... :lovestruck: but need a few tips first .... Other then Clutch cable that needs to change.... do i need to change the front brake cable also??

Buggers ... Advise pls?? .... Since almost all change to TP handle expect me odd one out ....:sweat:

Hey who say all change except you? I'm still using the original handlebar...but with handlebar riser lah... :smile:

Yamaha Diversion XJ900

Hi Bats ,

You need to change the clutch cable and brake hose if yours are original.

TP clutch cable.

You need a longer brake hose, at least 2 inches longer than original.

A drill to drill two holes onto the handle bar.

And some tools to dismantle the bike.

Change brake hose and clutch cable, take about an hour.

Chnage handle bar takes about two hours..

mctan

Originally posted by mctan@Nov 9 2006, 10:17 AM

Anyone has changed front brake roto, front brake caliper seal and pistons before?

How much for the items?

front brake rotor : $180/pcs

Front brake caliper seal : $42+/set include piston

The above price are from HL and exclude installation.

The other 2 place should be cheaper. :smile:

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by Custom@Nov 9 2006, 10:22 AM

front brake rotor : $180/pcs

Front brake caliper seal : $42+/set include piston

The above price are from HL and exclude installation.

The other 2 place should be cheaper. :smile:

Ok, tks.

time to change mine soon... :weep:

mctan

need a few tips first .... Other then Clutch cable that needs to change.... do i need to change the front brake cable also??

Looks a bit short also dont know long enuff or not, Buggers ... Advise pls?? .... Since almost all change to TP handle expect me odd one out ....:sweat:

Hi Vtec666,

About the tyre do not over throttle e.g doing a quick pick up from a traffic junction on a rainy day, the tyre may over spin under you and you may loose control doing the so called intial "D" drifting- move out normally.

Not only you still on OEM handle there are few 'to comfort you':- swift, heyrul, BlackAngel and euro + some lone rangers out there.

Changing to TP handle bar- I don't know whether your clutch cable can be rerouted, likewise mine is possible still on OEM cables and by the way not forgetting the choke cable and wirings can be reroute... :smile:

But your brake hose must be changed.o_O

1st sit on the bike adjust the handle bar too a best/comfortable position before any drilling take place for the switches.

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by Swift@Nov 9 2006, 09:53 AM

Hey who say all change except you? I'm still using the original handlebar...but with handlebar riser lah... :smile:

"Since almost all change to TP handle expect me odd one out .... "

I know la ..... u using only handlebar riser .... :sweat:

I saying almost all ma .... that include some who still using the Stock type only ma ....

weather forecast today : Thunder Lightings with heavy Rain ..... ENDLESS RAIN .....

Scarely ..... cannot imagine on the 19th Nov .....

:giddy:

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Nov 9 2006, 01:24 PM

doing a quick pick up from a traffic junction on a rainy day, so called intial "D" drifting-

Changing to TP handle bar- I don't know whether your clutch cable can be rerouted, likewise mine is possible still on OEM cables and by the way not forgetting the choke cable and wirings can be reroute... :smile:

But your brake hose must be changed.o_O

THANKS FOR THE TIPS ..... The initial "D " movement .... I have Encounter a few times with these Tyres .....

:giddy:

The Handle bar mostly be installing later part when i got the brake hose and cltuch cable ....

More important tyres really must change ....

Its a Life Matter .....

:sian:

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Nov 9 2006, 01:24 PM

But your brake hose must be changed

1st sit on the bike adjust the handle bar too a best/comfortable position before any drilling take place for the switches.

vtec666,

father of Diversion instructions muz follow... if not ur handle bar come a pcs of junk metal. :cheeky:

OEM clutch cable can be routed but it will feel abit of stress.

Ur wire harness(3x) and throttle cables also hv to routed.

For brake hose, u can re-route by release some of the mounting point but for safety reason, it's better to change to SS hose.

Below are some list of parts tat u may consider changing from top urgent to least.

1. Tyre => needless to explain ($280-290)

2. brake hose to SS hose => safety reason ($280)

3. Front fork oil change from 5W to 10W ($40+)

4. handle bar => for stability and comfort ($100+)

5. taller wind screen => for travelling ($145+)

6. bigger painners => ur wife will loves u for this :cheeky:

Lastly, it takes great pride to see ur bike transform from a simple kuku bird to mean eagle like bats's bikes (pricless)

Add/mod ur stuff at your own pace and when ur $$ allow.

PS: our prince of Thailand Euro travel his diversion in stock condition(only taller wind screen, crash bar n BT020) cutting 4 nations 2 times. :faint:

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by vtec666@Nov 9 2006, 03:47 PM

More important tyres really must change ....

Its a Life Matter .....

:sian:

after u change ur tyre, rememebr to check ur tyre pressure at any S'pore petrol station.

Ur tyre presure is up to ur own preferance.

Most of us going for 250/290

I go for 300/330 coz I'm on the heavy side.

Rememebr to check ur tyre pressure when it is cold to get correct reading. :smile:

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by Swift@Nov 9 2006, 04:00 PM

Hey wait for me...i may want to change both front and rear brake rotor. Do you think Automachinery would sell cheaper?

I will check it out and let you know...

,think either AM or AC will have them.

:smile:

mctan

Originally posted by Swift@Nov 9 2006, 09:53 AM

Bro Swift,where did you buy the handle bar riser from and at wat cost?

Feel like getting 1 also...Btw,is it difficult to install myself? Should i look out for any of my cables to be re-routed?

The Road-Sweeper