SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Getting a RD350LC

swiftee

I've recently thought of purchasing a RD350LC. However, in most of my short riding life, I've only ridden a Honda XL200 dirtbike. I'm feeling a bit anxious about riding the RD350LC as I'm not sure whether it might feel very different from my current bike and I might have trouble getting used to it.

Are there any differences between riding a 2 stroke and riding a 4 stroke? I've heard that the power delivery is quite different. Also, how does the RD350 handle and are there any issues or things that I should watch out for about this bike? Would also like to find out more about this bike from people who have owned it before...

Thanks. :smile:

boring rider. with a boring bike.

too old to want to appear interesting anymore.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 and 4 stroke bikes are very very different. In terms of handling, power delivery, maintainence, etc. I'm sure there's a thread for the elsie somewhere or u can always google it. It's a monster that's what i can tell u. And good luck finding one if u haven't

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/h4hahak1m/DSC01047-1.jpg

Spark 135 and x1r riders!

Add yourself into our new FB page now!

Or if u're and ex-spark/x1r rider.

No registration fees :)

https://www.facebook.com/yamahat135sbf

I've recently thought of purchasing a RD350LC. However, in most of my short riding life, I've only ridden a Honda XL200 dirtbike. I'm feeling a bit anxious about riding the RD350LC as I'm not sure whether it might feel very different from my current bike and I might have trouble getting used to it.

Are there any differences between riding a 2 stroke and riding a 4 stroke? I've heard that the power delivery is quite different. Also, how does the RD350 handle and are there any issues or things that I should watch out for about this bike? Would also like to find out more about this bike from people who have owned it before...

Thanks. :smile:

difference sure dam big . . my last ride was xr200 a very tame gentle bike, then jump to ktm200. initially was pretty scary especially when squeezing between vehicles, accidentally throttle like previous ride the bike just gush forward. xl200 to rd350 the jump even bigger, suggest to play around open carpark first =) rd350 . . there is a reason why pp called it road death :angel:

http://i44.tinypic.com/54c3gg.gif

difference sure dam big . . my last ride was xr200 a very tame gentle bike, then jump to ktm200. initially was pretty scary especially when squeezing between vehicles, accidentally throttle like previous ride the bike just gush forward. xl200 to rd350 the jump even bigger, suggest to play around open carpark first =) rd350 . . there is a reason why pp called it road death :angel:

RD350LC got Raw raw power :angel:

One thing, you got to be patient with the bike as its's old already. Need tender loving care :angel:

As a guideline for this 350cc 2 stroker, its near equivalent to 700cc 4 stroke power :thumb:

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/05/16/bikepics-589321-full.jpg

Wow... so what I gathered from all the responses is that the power is really :thumb:... hope I'll be able to control and take good care of it.... will probably start out slowly, the way I did when I had just bought my 2b bike :cheeky:

post pictures of the legend please :D

Will post once it has been transferred to my name. Until it's transferred to my name, I'm worried everyday that seller might back out... cause I've been searching for this bike for very long already :pray:

Hi, will post once it has been transferred to my name. Until it's transferred to my name, I'm worried everyday that seller might back out... cause I've been searching for this bike for very long already :pray:

dunt worry. i am sure the seller quickly want to pass to you.

then relieve the old motorsiao days ~! :angel:

Always ride safely and defensively.

Repair bike cheap and fast,

Repair body expensive and slow.

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

dunt worry. i am sure the seller quickly want to pass to you.

then relieve the old motorsiao days ~! :angel:

Haha, looking forward to the day it is transferred to my name... but must still pass my 2A first before can ride it :sian:

watch jackie chan 80's movie, he rode an RD250 and the sound of it was terrific *provided they didn't dubbed the sound of it. The handle bar looks great too.

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I've got the RD with me now, sounds terrific and the engine is in relatively good condition.

Unfortunately it still needs some work, among other things, the meters are not working and anyway the speedometer and rpm meter needles are broken. Think I will need to replace the whole meter. Do you know where I could get a replacement? Thanks.

RD350LC got Raw raw power :angel:

One thing, you got to be patient with the bike as its's old already. Need tender loving care :angel:

As a guideline for this 350cc 2 stroker, its near equivalent to 700cc 4 stroke power :thumb:

equivalent to 700cc 4 stroker? wah... wouldn't it be a dream for a 2A ryder.

what's the history n background of RD bikes... what makes it so wanted by many ryders?

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

what's the history n background of RD bikes... what makes it so wanted by many ryders?

Erm... not really... people keep asking me why I bought the bike, it's nothing but a piece of junk in many peoples' eyes and people normally prefer to go for the new bikes, new technology, one thing is that it doesn't look attractive to most people compared to the newer bikes... they feel that it looks like an uncle bike.

it takes a rare person to appreciate it :)

I appreciate the 350 too. Nice bike. I thought of getting one myself.. Got an offer for the 350 valve model for 2k.. But im rather interested in the 35 tong. No valve= less problems but less power of course.

Get the 350 pv sua. Den i can try. Haha

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/h4hahak1m/DSC01047-1.jpg

Spark 135 and x1r riders!

Add yourself into our new FB page now!

Or if u're and ex-spark/x1r rider.

No registration fees :)

https://www.facebook.com/yamahat135sbf

is the current RXZ parts be used on 350?

I appreciate the 350 too. Nice bike. I thought of getting one myself.. Got an offer for the 350 valve model for 2k.. But im rather interested in the 35 tong. No valve= less problems but less power of course.

Didn't know the valve model got lot of problems..

so far i don't have any..trying to make it quicker..:p

• 2 months later...

thanks for all your comments...

im rather used to the bike now... in fact when i first tried the bike i realised that it was actually quite easy and pleasant to handle

guess i was worrying for nothing :cheeky:

very pleasant and fun bike... love it more and more every day :thumb:

i wonder hows the fc like for this 2stroke 350?wallet

burning?

hm yeah... wallet burning...

but my tripmeter is broken so i cant get an exact measurement of the fc... usually i just tap the tank a bit to see how full it is and then go and top up now and then.

lol the first time i went to the petrol kiosk didnt expect the tank to empty so fast... i was so shocked i had to ask the auntie to repeat how much i had to pay ahahahaha

but thats also cause my other bike is a small bike la... :D

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hi 350Tong bros...i've got a '82 4UO to rebuild.

i need the stock seat, pair of side covers, tail set & lamp assy.

any leads? any used parts would sufficed.

orig meter n mainstand still avail presently?

thks...

A well kept RD can kill a s4 with vtec open... u rode s4 during 2a lessons right? Powerful? Those S4s are nothing compared to the S4s outside... so.. yeah. Be careful!