SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

Recently i have been running issues with my carb. Wide open throttle was empty feeling (as if no/little fuel is flowing). Went to planet to get it checked. ah chong rode my bike and agreed there was something wrong with my WOT. He opened the top part of my carb and replaced the spring and the rubber diaphragm. Initially problem was remedied but after a while the problem persists again. So went back to ah chong and he replaced the same part the 2nd time. Ok for a while then problem came back again. So came back third time, ah chong gave up on changing that particular part and he changed my carb to a 2nd hand carb. So far so good, but after a week there is some feeling of the problem reappearing slowly. Ah chong told me my air suction valve has also spoilt cos my exhaust would pop during deceleration and i told him no need to change cos i dont want to pay additional. Besides it sounds good haha. I researched on the internet and from what i learn, the air suction valve only function to supply air to exhaust gases to ensure complete combustion and reduce emission. Is there any possibility that the spoilt air suction valve is causing my carb to spoil again?

Any suggestions guys? Im quite sian to travel back to planet over again. I missed my old carb when it was working. FC, acceleration and top speed was good. Now this new carb doesnt idle well and acceleration a little sluggish. My phantom has been problem free for the past year but now many problems surfacing. Dont want to spend money more than I should cos im just a student.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Recently i have been running issues with my carb. Wide open throttle was empty feeling (as if no/little fuel is flowing). Went to planet to get it checked. ah chong rode my bike and agreed there was something wrong with my WOT. He opened the top part of my carb and replaced the spring and the rubber diaphragm. Initially problem was remedied but after a while the problem persists again. So went back to ah chong and he replaced the same part the 2nd time. Ok for a while then problem came back again. So came back third time, ah chong gave up on changing that particular part and he changed my carb to a 2nd hand carb. So far so good, but after a week there is some feeling of the problem reappearing slowly. Ah chong told me my air suction valve has also spoilt cos my exhaust would pop during deceleration and i told him no need to change cos i dont want to pay additional. Besides it sounds good haha. I researched on the internet and from what i learn, the air suction valve only function to supply air to exhaust gases to ensure complete combustion and reduce emission. Is there any possibility that the spoilt air suction valve is causing my carb to spoil again?

Any suggestions guys? Im quite sian to travel back to planet over again. I missed my old carb when it was working. FC, acceleration and top speed was good. Now this new carb doesnt idle well and acceleration a little sluggish. My phantom has been problem free for the past year but now many problems surfacing. Dont want to spend money more than I should cos im just a student.

Air fuel ratio

charging

clogged fuel line or filter

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Hi guys, would anyone know if a weak battery affects the running performance of the bike? (e.g. fluctuating idle speed) or is that a problem from another part of the bike?

A weak battery will not affect idling after initial warm up

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4d40ff297056fbdb0d8cf3477.jpg

Hi guys is this model called 200M?

The previous version is TA200.

Do correct me if i'm wrong

Im collecting my bike this coming Saturday, so thinking is there a led bulb for this headlight? will be grateful if anyone can share some info with me

Edited by DNAdevil

Looks like a stock TA200 Phantom to me. No modification that I can see. The Honda TA200 is a very strong bike with few faults. One is the cam chain tensioner the other is the headlight. The headlight tends to get hot and over years the plastic behind the bulb degrades. I replaced mine. Also the reflector and glass tend to degrade making the light dim. For mods check out my build on this forum. Chaing Rai Saddlebags of Thailand has some nice soft and hard side bags for the Phantom and a few other things. Yos at [email protected] in Bangkok takes paypal, ships, and can order any OEM part for the Phantom. He is great to work with and will email you pages from the parts manual for the part you need, then you tell him what number it is, he emails you the price, you paypal it, he gets the parts and packages the parts, tells you the shipping price, you paypal the shipping price and he mails with a tracking number. I've bought lots of parts from him.

Edited by wdwflash

I'd just go with the stock bulb and look at my headlight reflector. If its not 100% and most are not, I'd replace that as it makes a big difference. (it did on mine.) That headlight is plastic and doesn't take much heat. For better lighting maybe an aftermarket headlight with a stronger bulb.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it before and brightness is somewhat between 25w and 35w halogen. The benefit is white light, less energy consumption and the bulb is cooler so doesnt melt off your headlight housing. Have tried 35W halogen and it melted my original headlight housing in the long run. The led would work better if the glare protector in the headlight was removed so that the light could project further. Im using oem headlight from ah boy and the glare protector broke off due to vibration. You will be amazed at how much brighter your headlight would be without the glare protector. If you would like to try the led bulb, get one with a concave projector lens

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its exactly the same as the original lamp just that it's of lower quality. Probably made in China. You can just try to remove the glare protector of your original headlight using any tools u can. For me the glare protector broke off by itself due to poor quality and was left inside the headlight housing. The size of the glare protector makes it difficult to get it out.

Other than breaking the glare protector u can choose for a subtle approach by removing the screw that secures the glare protector to the headlight housing. Due to the unique thread on the screw, it is difficult to get out with a regular screw driver. U may try using a screw extractor (such as speed out) together with a drill to get the screw removed.