SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

GSX400RR Riders

FieryGiX

Yesterday when riding.. i heard 'knocking' sound from my bike.. quite loud leh..u guys ever encounter tat b4?? wat izzit huh?? :confused:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

http://www.gixxer.com/photopost/data/505/4377LavillaDesktop2.jpg

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IceZ

• ben2306

• Arcfire

• paiseh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Vpower

Knocking sound?

A few areas to consider:

Using petrol with octane level lower than the min stated octane requirement for the bike.

Valve clearance. For every bike, there is a certain mileage when you have to perform this service maintenance. Timing chain and adjuster to be check as well.

Unlikely but could happen, A/F (air / fuel) ratio greatly unbalance.

So izzit due to bad tunning?? :confused:

Anyway izzit serious??

i encounter this once a while only leh..think wait til e next service then see how.. :sweat:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yesterday when riding.. i heard 'knocking' sound from my bike.. quite loud leh..u guys ever encounter tat b4?? wat izzit huh?? :confused:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

hmmz.. i think linkage, or steering cone.. try go check..

anywae, anyone neo where to get K & N filter for gsx400??

:cheeky:Honda FSX150--CBR400 Hurricane--GSXR 400--Vespa--Honda Wave--Yamaha R6--Yamaha X1--Spark 125--Suzuki K5 600--Super 4 Vtec--X1R--CBR 600 F4i--Gilera Runner:cheeky:

Last night saw a G4 with a very new headlight(clear plastic) and SINGLE SEATER! From far i thought was SRAD. Then as it comes nearer i realise the main frame. Quite chio, first time saw G4 with single seater and very nice LED tail light.

*^BrEnDoN^*

I love bikes, cars and mei nu!

Last night saw a G4 with a very new headlight(clear plastic) and SINGLE SEATER! From far i thought was SRAD. Then as it comes nearer i realise the main frame. Quite chio, first time saw G4 with single seater and very nice LED tail light.

wat's a G4? GSXR400? :confused:

Last thur (Vesak's day) my frens juz bring mi to a PUB located near BEACH RD there quite isolated place where there r alot of bikes n bikers there.. can drink n eat there .. like full throttle 1 e movie like that..got a pub for biker ..think there were more than 30 bikes of all CC parked rite outside it..

Anyone here ever went there too? maybe can tell mi more abt this place..

CHEER!!

I actually posted this in e chatter box(can view tis post in chatterbox if u wan). now think abt it maybe ask u guys n see if u guys r interested to go there together one of these dayz..imagine all GSX400.. :smile:

Last thur (Vesak's day) my frens juz bring mi to a PUB located near BEACH RD there quite isolated place where there r alot of bikes n bikers there.. can drink n eat there .. like full throttle 1 e movie like that..got a pub for biker ..think there were more than 30 bikes of all CC parked rite outside it..

Anyone here ever went there too? maybe can tell mi more abt this place..

CHEER!!

I actually posted this in e chatter box(can view tis post in chatterbox if u wan). now think abt it maybe ask u guys n see if u guys r interested to go there together one of these dayz..imagine all GSX400.. :smile:

hmm...is the pub called Pitstop? anyone knows the direction of goin there? Must jio Gixxers there man...keke... :lol:

Guest Karen03sg

hmm...is the pub called Pitstop? anyone knows the direction of goin there? Must jio Gixxers there man...keke... :lol:

Yes it is called : Pitstop.

I know the way lor

Guest Enjoy

Yes it is called : Pitstop.

I know the way lor

U know the way but u never say out. Wat's the point of saying it then? :sweat:

Guest Karen03sg

:giddy: :giddy:

Ppl asking u the place, but u tell them u know but nv say where is the place!

Anyway pitstop is at jalan sultan.

Oh ! Sorry. Pitstop is located at 32 kandahar street. It was somewhere near golden mosque opp golden landmark hotel.

Guest Enjoy

:giddy: :giddy:

Ppl asking u the place, but u tell them u know but nv say where is the place!

Anyway pitstop is at jalan sultan.

Yeah...

Seems like pitstop is on the fav hangout list recently....

Guest Karen03sg

Yeah...

Seems like pitstop is on the fav hangout list recently....

Yes ya. Alot of rider ppl keep going there and keep coming down. Paiseh...

Guest Karen03sg
Cool..thanks for the location of Pitstop info...wat abt Handlebar? seems to be a hot spot for bikers too right? May I know the location too? Thanks... :sweat:

Er... I really dunno abt handlebar. I only know abt pitstop lor. Sorry 4 being outdated. :sian: :sweat:

Hey Gixxers out there, by the way does ur bikes get warm easily? Is there coolant for GSX? Mine often get warm after a short distance and the metal frame of the body so hot....sianzz...gonna burn my balls.. :lol:

Hi,

Used to ride the G4...it definately have a radiator thus coolant. I dun think it will go very hot unless on hot afternoons. Normally without jam the temperature is at most half.

Hi,

Used to ride the G4...it definately have a radiator thus coolant. I dun think it will go very hot unless on hot afternoons. Normally without jam the temperature is at most half.

yah..at night not that warm..but during those conjested traffic..damn jialat ah...the bike like just out from oven ah... :lol: then the rpm will return like a tortise whenever I rev...if the bike is cool, the rpm will react fast as per normal...how come ah? :confused: