SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

COMEX 2009 - Computer and Electronics Fair

redbeacon

thats the same tot as me...

maybe technology change le

well one mans meat is another man poison :cheeky:

those days were the power of portable IDE hdd to sch n not forgetting the zipdisk...

hahaa.,

if i not wrong is 100mb zipdisk.. lol

Suck it n ride!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/ervinchua_wl/633520157058579273-SignatureCelebra.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure about current WD products.. but back in those days (pentium 1~2~3~4) WD HDD always spoil easily..

those days.. thumb drive were luxary.. so we plug and play normal IDE HDD from school to home or friend's places..

maxtor and seagate can withstand abuse.. but WD were always spoil easily..

Back in 2002 where I was studying, they made us carry these 3.5 inch IDE enclosures back and forth to and from school. It felt like you were carrying a light brick on your hand and inside it was a full installation of either Windows XP or Windows 2000 Server for our study class.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/360/10021300.jpg

(CRU DataPort)

Fast foward to 2009 and now we have the luxury of having portable hard drives (thank China and India for inventing the S$10 USB hard drive enclosures). Or, simply have the I.T. school make a VMWare image.

So simple and hands-free.

those days were the power of portable IDE hdd to sch n not forgetting the zipdisk...

hahaa.,

if i not wrong is 100mb zipdisk.. lol

iomega zipdisk? ahaa. last time it's a luxury item.

Back then, Zip disks are like the next best thing to nirvana. You had so much space to store your pictures and it was portable - you essentially carried a disk worth 100MB's of space around.

But my damned Iomega drive suffered the infamous Click of Death (?). It would just click out of control just like a faulty hard drive and data was lost this way.

Needless to say, it came to an end after a few years of popularity. Zip disk technology faded away, only to be taken over by CD-RW and the thumb/flash drive.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

Well, my X-Free XE233 speakers were really good speakers for its price. But the power switch is behind and everytime wanna turn it off need some effort because the sub-woofer is below my PC table.

So my lazy siblings all turn it on lazy wanna turn it off. So sometimes 2 to 3 days never off. Then i was in camp no time to help them turn off. Finally one day, the left speaker no sound coming out. I do my own diagnostics and it revealed that it wasnt my left speaker which was spoil but the wire or something in the sub-woofer controls that was spoilt.

Those were really good $35 or $40 dollar speakers. Should i repair or buy new one?

EDIT: Oh, just so you guys know, Maxtor belongs to Segate now. So basically you are buying the same thing.

get a new one and last long long, cybermind computer house at SLS selling 2.1 altec lancing speaker for $76 ~ great for non base user:box:

Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed

Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed

Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22

Class 4>? start by 2009

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92543&d=1235736836

I enjoy DIY:cheeky: always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

not sure about current WD products.. but back in those days (pentium 1~2~3~4) WD HDD always spoil easily..

those days.. thumb drive were luxary.. so we plug and play normal IDE HDD from school to home or friend's places..

maxtor and seagate can withstand abuse.. but WD were always spoil easily..

can explain "withstand abuse"? means drop on floor?:D

Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed

Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed

Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22

Class 4>? start by 2009

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92543&d=1235736836

I enjoy DIY:cheeky: always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

can explain "withstand abuse"? means drop on floor?:D

not drop-test ofcuz.. but as HDD were put in bags and bags were put here put there.. plug-out.. plug-in... and my old seagate 3GB survived 2 years of my diploma study...

friends' WD HDDs last 1~2 months..

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

redbeacon, nevertheless, it was a really good shot seriously. I dunno why, but i think its really good.

Anyway guys, i went to the fair just now finally. Really dissappointed. Not much variety. My friends in the end bought Soni Gear Evo 7 for $59.90 get a pair of earphones free. And i? Came back empty handed. Just go there to help them to "listen" to the speakers.

I wanted to get my Samsung toner full set. Selling for $184. Outside sell for $230. Save about $50. Wah lao, but then store close. Really jammed pack sia. Buay tahan.

I actually wanted to get bluetooth headset and speakers. End up cannot find my favourite china brand speakers. X-Free XE233. Anyone heard of it? Cheap and really good in my opinion. Too bad my old pair one side spoil.

You guys any idea where can repair speakers for cheap cheap price? I wanna repair my china speaker which costs $30 initially. Thanks! :)

woah! samsung toner is that expensive?? or is it the full colour set? cos i've just bought my laser printer for $99. if it's that expensive, i might just buy a new printer instead when my toner is done.

woah! samsung toner is that expensive?? or is it the full colour set? cos i've just bought my laser printer for $99. if it's that expensive, i might just buy a new printer instead when my toner is done.

Yeah. That's the prices for the full set. Magenta, yellow cyan and black.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815