SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

COMEX 2009 - Computer and Electronics Fair

redbeacon

Yup that's why i always prefer to go to SLS. The only time when things are cheap is when you buy peripherals like maybe keyboards, mice and all that jargon. Mobo, HDD, MP3 players, i just go to SLS. Everyone's second home. :)

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda funny though.

If price ain't that good at IT fair, guess 4 show a year is just wasting consumer time.

Remind me of trade fair last time at IMM & world trade centre, die off naturally.

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Kinda funny though.

If price ain't that good at IT fair, guess 4 show a year is just wasting consumer time.

Remind me of trade fair last time at IMM & world trade centre, die off naturally.

It's for those who are not "in-the-know"... Hehe... And for those who loves the atmosphere... Like it or not, we do have a bargain culture here in Sg.

Kinda funny though.

Don't forget alot of people in Singapore are dumb dumb one. You use terms like "quad-core", "SLI", "CrossFire" and "dual partitions" and Singaporeans will all go "wah! Really ah! Not bad ah?"

All kenna chop sia! When my friends tell me got good deal and they bought it, i either tell them they kenna "ketok" (Malay slang for conned) and they lan lan suck thumb or i just smile so that they wont feel bad.

I dunno about you guys but my generation was the one where we couldnt afford good PCs to play games and in order to play games with my friends i had to learn stuff like overclocking myself and buy second hand parts from here and there just to make my PC run.

So now my family and friends ask me first before they buy. Seriously, i never buy much things from all these IT fair. Just go there, walk walk, see the models, play free computer games and my most favourite thing to do, see how much the trade show con others! :)

EDIT: Eh, outing ah guys to the comex thingy! I havent go yet sia!

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Don't forget alot of people in Singapore are dumb dumb one.

i just smile so that they wont feel bad.

LOL

Dun like tat say lah, learn from mistake.

Tats the way to make the world go round.

:cheeky:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

redbeacon, are you this guy in the peekture? Pointing at the young chap who thinks he knows everything? Haha.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/redbeacon/outdoor/COMEX%202009%2011-09-2009/medium/IMG00057.jpg

Err no leh. I not so fierce bargainer one :p

Guys,

Do your survey / recce first.

There is a good thread at HWZ for every IT Show / COMEX.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2494362&highlight=carrot

Read through and you'd realize that the prices are not so much different or even more than at SLS.

But that is not to say there aren't good deals to be abound. Just do some recce first.

actually sim lim usually match the IT fair prices or better it.

Hmm...I guess you guys have a point there.

I guess those tradeshows serve a purpose in Singapore...to stimulate, and to bring in money.

By stimulation meaning to gather crowds from all parts of Singapore and also tourists, en-masse, to buy IT and electronics stuff -- all these helps the shops in making up other times of the year where either nobody has the time to go to Sim Lim or other electronics stores, or do not know of this shopping centres.

Bring in money - well, we know how the abovementioned works to achieve that.

As an aside - I guess we I.T. savvy people with a keen eye for deals and prices listed in the market have a big advantage in knowing what's cheap and what's not. For the rest of the folks, it's a Sunday day-trip shopping for the stuff that they want, and for some, them knowing friends like us that can give price and bargaining advice.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

So who is that tubby man? So cute sia in the peekture. With his belly. :p

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

What a day....so much to see in 3 hours, so many exhibitors not just from Sim Lim, but also from all places too. Damn crowded summore :smile:

So who is that tubby man? So cute sia in the peekture. With his belly. :p

It ain't me dude, it aint me!

That guy was explaining to the salesguy the features that he needed for his new camera and was asking him to recommend him some. Nevertheless, it was a great potshot opportunity there.

bought a wd 500gb hdd.

how much ?

warranty?

i prefer maxtor though

lwfc: Lemme guess, costed you around $120?

wait4me: Got one exhibitor selling WD 500GB, with 5 year warranty.

Edited by redbeacon

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

bought a wd 500gb hdd.

better take care of it :) keep it in a place so it will never ever drop on the floor. Warranty does not cover data warranty FIY, as now days our data on the drives are more expansive then the drive its self.

Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed

Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed

Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22

Class 4>? start by 2009

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92543&d=1235736836

I enjoy DIY:cheeky: always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

how much ?

warranty?

i prefer maxtor though

Why maxtor? care to share? for me i prefer WD

Class 4>? start by 2009

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92543&d=1235736836

redbeacon, nevertheless, it was a really good shot seriously. I dunno why, but i think its really good.

Anyway guys, i went to the fair just now finally. Really dissappointed. Not much variety. My friends in the end bought Soni Gear Evo 7 for $59.90 get a pair of earphones free. And i? Came back empty handed. Just go there to help them to "listen" to the speakers.

I wanted to get my Samsung toner full set. Selling for $184. Outside sell for $230. Save about $50. Wah lao, but then store close. Really jammed pack sia. Buay tahan.

I actually wanted to get bluetooth headset and speakers. End up cannot find my favourite china brand speakers. X-Free XE233. Anyone heard of it? Cheap and really good in my opinion. Too bad my old pair one side spoil.

You guys any idea where can repair speakers for cheap cheap price? I wanna repair my china speaker which costs $30 initially. Thanks! :)

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

Don't forget alot of people in Singapore are dumb dumb one. You use terms like "quad-core", "SLI", "CrossFire" and "dual partitions" and Singaporeans will all go "wah! Really ah! Not bad ah?"

All kenna chop sia! When my friends tell me got good deal and they bought it, i either tell them they kenna "ketok" (Malay slang for conned) and they lan lan suck thumb or i just smile so that they wont feel bad.

I dunno about you guys but my generation was the one where we couldnt afford good PCs to play games and in order to play games with my friends i had to learn stuff like overclocking myself and buy second hand parts from here and there just to make my PC run.

So now my family and friends ask me first before they buy. Seriously, i never buy much things from all these IT fair. Just go there, walk walk, see the models, play free computer games and my most favourite thing to do, see how much the trade show con others! :)

EDIT: Eh, outing ah guys to the comex thingy! I havent go yet sia!

same here :) IT fair to me is always too expensive :cheeky:

an eg:

My friend brought a pc from IT fair its says free upgrade to 4gb ram from 2gb ram. After using for less then 1 month the problem start to come so i ask if he would call the for warranty replacment as it was a ram giving problems.

But soon we found out that the ram that is giving problem was not the ram that came along with the pc, it was installed to the pc from the IT fair so the engineer told us that the warranty does not cover for the ram.

left with no choice but to down grade to 2 gb ram and run the system in the end.

So customers of It fair please don't just look at the price and get cheated but the sellers of IT fair, beware of this underhand tricks. :)

Class 4>? start by 2009

redbeacon, nevertheless, it was a really good shot seriously. I dunno why, but i think its really good.

Anyway guys, i went to the fair just now finally. Really dissappointed. Not much variety. My friends in the end bought Soni Gear Evo 7 for $59.90 get a pair of earphones free. And i? Came back empty handed. Just go there to help them to "listen" to the speakers.

I wanted to get my Samsung toner full set. Selling for $184. Outside sell for $230. Save about $50. Wah lao, but then store close. Really jammed pack sia. Buay tahan.

I actually wanted to get bluetooth headset and speakers. End up cannot find my favourite china brand speakers. X-Free XE233. Anyone heard of it? Cheap and really good in my opinion. Too bad my old pair one side spoil.

You guys any idea where can repair speakers for cheap cheap price? I wanna repair my china speaker which costs $30 initially. Thanks! :)

care to share what happen to ur speakers?

Class 4>? start by 2009

Well, my X-Free XE233 speakers were really good speakers for its price. But the power switch is behind and everytime wanna turn it off need some effort because the sub-woofer is below my PC table.

So my lazy siblings all turn it on lazy wanna turn it off. So sometimes 2 to 3 days never off. Then i was in camp no time to help them turn off. Finally one day, the left speaker no sound coming out. I do my own diagnostics and it revealed that it wasnt my left speaker which was spoil but the wire or something in the sub-woofer controls that was spoilt.

Those were really good $35 or $40 dollar speakers. Should i repair or buy new one?

EDIT: Oh, just so you guys know, Maxtor belongs to Segate now. So basically you are buying the same thing.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

You know before Segate took over Maxtor, it was horrible always break down. Now segate took over it, much better. In my humblest opinion, i prefer segate. Just a preference dont burn me pls font burn me! :)

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1004376/1/.html

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpLR2Zlq.jpg

Microsoft Singapore urges consumers to be wary of illegal software

Posted: 11 September 2009 1859 hrs

SINGAPORE : Microsoft Singapore has urged consumers to be careful when purchasing computers to ensure that they do not unintentionally buy systems preinstalled with illegal software.

The warning came after police raided a retailer suspected of selling laptops loaded with pirated software at the COMEX 2009 computer and IT exhibition on Friday.

The police seized 55 China-made Losang-branded laptops installed with unlicensed Microsoft Windows XP Professional software worth an estimated S$31,240.

The laptops were affixed with recycled Certificates of Authenticity (COA). A COA is a label intended to help buyers determine whether the software they are purchasing is genuine and should not be sold independently of the software.

The raid followed a tip-off received through the Business Software Alliance (BSA) anti-piracy hotline on Thursday.

Jonathan Selvasegaram, Corporate Attorney for Intellectual Property, Microsoft South East Asia, said swift action was important to ensure that consumers are protected.

He said: "Our concern is that consumers may be duped into buying computer systems that appear legitimate but are instead preloaded with counterfeit software. Pirated software can pose a serious security threat, and consumers may unwittingly be using computers with illegal programs that can lead to a corrupted system, loss of data, and even identity theft."

Furthermore, counterfeit software does not provide users with access to important Microsoft security upgrades, technical support, and special offers.

Mr Selvasegaram said investigations revealed that several hundred units of the Losang laptops containing unlicensed software may have been imported into Singapore for sale during COMEX.

"Consumers should inspect the COAs on new PCs before purchase to ensure that they are buying systems with genuine software, and be wary of suspicious looking COAs. They must also ensure that the systems come with accompanying product collaterals such as the software CD-ROM, manuals, and end-user licensing agreements," he added.

Under Singapore's Copyright Act, parties found guilty of selling counterfeit software can face a fine not exceeding S$10,000 for each article, up to a maximum fine of S$100,000, or a jail term not exceeding five years, or both.

According to a study by the Business Software Alliance and IDC Global, Singapore had a PC software piracy rate of 36 per cent in 2008, with losses amounting to US$163 million.

- CNA/al

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

Err no leh. I not so fierce bargainer one :p

Hmm...I guess you guys have a point there.

I guess those tradeshows serve a purpose in Singapore...to stimulate, and to bring in money.

By stimulation meaning to gather crowds from all parts of Singapore and also tourists, en-masse, to buy IT and electronics stuff -- all these helps the shops in making up other times of the year where either nobody has the time to go to Sim Lim or other electronics stores, or do not know of this shopping centres.

Bring in money - well, we know how the abovementioned works to achieve that.

As an aside - I guess we I.T. savvy people with a keen eye for deals and prices listed in the market have a big advantage in knowing what's cheap and what's not. For the rest of the folks, it's a Sunday day-trip shopping for the stuff that they want, and for some, them knowing friends like us that can give price and bargaining advice.

they are expecting $58m in sales for 4days.

what recession?? o_O

the major jams and crowds, getting into the place from car to booth is an easy n back to the car can take over 2hrs1?!?!

unless ure saving a reasonable sum that u cannot get else where then i think most ppl have better things to do with their time?

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

how much ?

warranty?

i prefer maxtor though

lwfc: Lemme guess, costed you around $120?

wait4me: Got one exhibitor selling WD 500GB, with 5 year warranty.

yup. mine's the black wd 500gb passport essestial. cost $119.90.

i think its 3yrs warranty. didnt really check. but i have my faith in WD products.

Why maxtor? care to share? for me i prefer WD

WD for me too. WD for my home pc too.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111128075727/xanthe/nl/images/1/1f/Asian-Troll-Face.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/iewgnail/LW2.jpg

not sure about current WD products.. but back in those days (pentium 1~2~3~4) WD HDD always spoil easily..

those days.. thumb drive were luxary.. so we plug and play normal IDE HDD from school to home or friend's places..

maxtor and seagate can withstand abuse.. but WD were always spoil easily..

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

not sure about current WD products.. but back in those days (pentium 1~2~3~4) WD HDD always spoil easily..

those days.. thumb drive were luxary.. so we plug and play normal IDE HDD from school to home or friend's places..

maxtor and seagate can withstand abuse.. but WD were always spoil easily..

thats the same tot as me...

maybe technology change le

well one mans meat is another man poison :cheeky: