SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

NEW ARRIVAL! SUZUKI GSR 400!

y2kredbull

Originally posted by WildCard@Jul 13 2006, 11:29 AM

2nd question.

Does the GSXR-600 K4 have a slipper clutch in the first place?

Hmmm... Assuming the K4 is the latest incarnation of the GSXR 600, the answer is yes, I think. Along with the new R6, the Gixxer range is also getting a slipper clutch. Please note I can't testify in a courtroom :cheeky: but I'm pretty sure of the above fact.

Ride 'em like you stole 'em...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm..? so how much is the machine price for the 400?? is it more expensive den spec 3?

During the Japanese Occupation, 3 Singaporeans, Ah Meng, Ah Seng and Ah Beng were caught for smuggling. They were sentenced to death by firing squad.

That night, Ah Meng came up with a plan. He told the others that the Japanese were afraid of natural disasters. So he would cause them to panic, and escape in the confusion.

The next morning, Ah Meng was led to the wall. The firing squad was lined up and the Captain commanded, "Ready.. Aim..", but before he could complete, Ah Meng shouted, " Earthquake!! Earthquake!" The Japanese soldiers panicked and Ah Meng made his escape.

Later, the soldiers took Ah Seng out and the firing squad were ready. The captain commanded, "Ready... Aim..." This time Ah Seng shouted. " Flood! Flood!!" Again, the Japanese soldiers panicked and this time, Ah Seng made his escape.

Observing all this, Ah Beng began to get the idea. "It's important to get the timing right."

Soon, it was Ah Beng's turn. "Timing, that's the key.." Ah Beng kept saying to himself. The soldiers lined up in front of him. The captain started, "Ready..."

"Timing," Ah Beng thought to himself

"Aim..."

"Okay," thought Ah Beng, and shouted, " FIRE!!! FIRE!!!

Originally posted by StingRhea@Jul 11 2006, 02:26 AM

super 4 contender.

NEVER !!

世上最é¥è¿œçš„è·ç¦»æ˜¯æˆ‘站在佪的é¢å‰ï¼Œ 佪å´ä¸çŸ¥é“我爱佪。

2000 to 2002 : HONDA NSR 125R FM 7541

2002 to 2006 : CBR 400 L MODEL FN 3561

2006 to 2007 : S4 SPEC II FW 2118

2007 to 2009: 92 Civic Esi SBU 7959

2009 to <Present> : Lancer Ex 1.5 (S)

wow... GSR400 out liao lah... must find a day to take a look liao...

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

Originally posted by skateboy@Jul 13 2006, 02:42 PM

wow... GSR400 out liao lah... must find a day to take a look liao...

Just an update. The GSR 400 is in Loois Motors. The bike is still under inspection and initial sales will occur only by the month end it seems. This current pieces are for export only. I got a brochure (in Japanese, with seperate translation in English). The bike looks biiiiig. The Fireblade 1000 sitting nearby looked like a 2B bike next to it. The fit and finish seems to be great. The rear monoshock looks cool. The underseat exhausts and the rear tail lights are also good. I could keep going... I'm definitely getting one after my 2A!

P.S. In the brochure, Suzuki claims 35.5 km/L when riding at 60 kmph. Is that better than the Super 4 range? Fuel tank capacity is 16L. So that's a range of 560 kms when ridden in city traffic I guess. All other specs seem to be similar to the Super 4.

Ride 'em like you stole 'em...

Originally posted by cobbett@Jul 13 2006, 09:09 PM

Hi Bikers

Update.....went to mah motor to enquiry about the bike........it cost $15,200 OTR

Me too. Just saw the awesome GSR4 on display at Mah. Liked the black shades better than the gray shades of the GSR 6. Obviously no slipper clutch. Was quoted $15,500 OTR 2nd-party insurance for a 26 yr old. In contrast, they quoted $14,000 OTR 2nd-party insurance for a 26 yr old on a Super 4 VTEC III Bol' Dor.

http://www.triumph.co.uk/images/Daytona675_gallery_main_1_2008.jpg

Hi Bikers

Update.....went to mah motor to enquiry about the bike........it cost $15,200 OTR

whoa dat's ex man. :giddy:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:TU8QDjA-Of9VgM:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/That_%2770s_Show_logo.png

Hi Bikers

ouch!

That's a 1K difference.

Heck, you can get the 600 at the exact price at a shop in Defu Lane.

But if you're a long-term 400cc lover and not wanting to upgrade, I seriously feel tis bike is worth the cash.

saw the 600 version at MAH yesterday....

quoted

16.5k for the 600

15k for the 400

both OTR, everything in, no hidden stuff...(thats what the guy said)....for me, over 30yrs old....

so which other place in Defu sell it too?! i might want to check it out....thanks :smile:

Originally posted by GodMachine@Jul 14 2006, 12:08 PM

saw the 600 version at MAH yesterday....

quoted

16.5k for the 600

15k for the 400

both OTR, everything in, no hidden stuff...(thats what the guy said)....for me, over 30yrs old....

so which other place in Defu sell it too?! i might want to check it out....thanks :smile:

16.5K OTR for the 600?

Who you talked to?

If you are thinking of getting the 600 from Mah, look for Dylan there (if he is still working there). He gave me a better quote while I was surveying for this bike.

As for Defu Lane, there is only one bikeshop there tat has been mentioned around in SBF repeatedly. Do a search. :)

I believe the GSR600 is actually using a GSXR600 sportsbike engine, but retuned to suit the requirements of a streetbike. Kind of like FZ6 using the R6 engine.

What engine is the GSR400 using? Is it a newly built engine by Suzuki?

Considering the small difference in price (

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Guys,

I'm thinking of organizing a first-time meetup for GSR owners. So far I only know 2 riders and have just contacted the 3rd one.

It'll be great to have a meetup, especially for the 400s as a lot of us, including myself, are curious to see possibly the world's first 400cc EFI bike.

It'll be also great for those interested to get GSR to have a look and feel before deciding.

I'm thinking of meeting up this Saturday (tomorrow lah) ard afternoon time. Say 5-6pm.

I'm open to venue suggestions.

For me, its Blk 413 Clementi Central just across the interchange:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel...level=6?116,416

There's a nice eating place. The pavement in front can be used to park bikes for a while or we can always go to the carpark behind.

Originally posted by WildCard@Jul 14 2006, 01:18 PM

Guys,

I'm thinking of organizing a first-time meetup for GSR owners. So far I only know 2 riders and have just contacted the 3rd one.

It'll be great to have a meetup, especially for the 400s as a lot of us, including myself, are curious to see possibly the world's first 400cc EFI bike.

It'll be also great for those interested to get GSR to have a look and feel before deciding.

I'm thinking of meeting up this Saturday (tomorrow lah) ard afternoon time. Say 5-6pm.

There's a nice eating place. The pavement in front can be used to park bikes for a while or we can always go to the carpark behind.

Cool. but i got dinner at 630pm.... shi^

Looking and Looking

Originally posted by WildCard@Jul 14 2006, 01:09 PM

16.5K OTR for the 600?

Who you talked to?

If you are thinking of getting the 600 from Mah, look for Dylan there (if he is still working there). He gave me a better quote while I was surveying for this bike.

As for Defu Lane, there is only one bikeshop there tat has been mentioned around in SBF repeatedly. Do a search. :)

not sure who the sales person was....a guy...look abit like malay....

since the 400 and 600 price difference is pretty close....i will wait for my cl2 in a few months time before deciding....hopefully by then, more GSR is on the road and the price might lower abit?!

Originally posted by WildCard@Jul 14 2006, 01:18 PM

Guys,

GSR is not the world 1st efi 400cc.. burgman 400 also efi & is in the market for years liao

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i139/nk_d70/sbbbqb8.jpg

Last Rides - Yamaha TZR125

Suzuki DT200R

Honda Super4 VTEC 1

Honda CBR1100xx BlackBird

Kawasaki ZX12R

Yamaha FZ600 Fazer

Now - Suzuki Burgman 400

Mitsubishi Colt Version R

Originally posted by cobbett@Jul 15 2006, 01:38 AM

Update update......

Loois giving a great offer tmr.......think shold be around 13.5k and istallment 3.5%only.,.......bros using ....can made a comparison between Spec 3 and this beauty???

3.5%?

Thats a good deal. As good as my own 3% deal I got for my 600.

If its $13.5K OTR, you guys have got ur self a super-good deal.

Originally posted by WildCard@Jul 15 2006, 10:06 AM

3.5%?

Thats a good deal. As good as my own 3% deal I got for my 600.

If its $13.5K OTR, you guys have got ur self a super-good deal.

plus one Shoei helmet :hungry:

anyway, i miss wildcard.

just one of his insensate followers...