SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Tyre Review

Guest ZZR-Pilot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally, I change my tyres...

Had always been a fan of Bridgestone BT010...

Have used 3 sets liau...

IL4 and some others had recommended me Metzler Sportec M1...

Well, just now my rear tyre(010) burst along the PIE....

Well, since had used these tyres 4 times at the track already, and had gone touring 3 times.... these tyres had served me well enough...

Now, I have put on the M1....

for today at least, did not feel any difference...

After my first track day with these tyres, gonna give some feedback...

Hope they are better than the BT010. Definitely more expensive

yoo guyz wotz the best price for BT020 n macadam 100X???? sounds ralli good.........

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by petmail@Sep 17 2002, 01:11 PM

My favourite is still Bridgestone Batlax BT50!!!

BT50 is the best tyre for dry weather tyre....!!!! But wet weather not good!!!!

anywhere to find the 50 nowadays? :confused:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

Originally posted by Aldebaran@Feb 24 2004, 01:37 PM

mi using the bt020 now....n kup corner like crazy also

sure a not???

can kup like crazy????

i am thinkin abt 010 or 020...

don think 012 can have long mileage.......

siagh

Guest shadowchaser2004
Originally posted by HyperS4@Feb 26 2004, 08:31 PM

Thanks paco27zim,

I have been using the Metzeler ME Z4 Steel Radial tire since the 1st day(last Apl.) I bought the FJR till now already travel 16,500km, its time for me to change tires now, no more Metzeler ME Z4 for me cos I find that no good :nono: for wet and dry road :slapforehead: .

hi there. maybe u can try on the metz sport-tec M1. it a dual type for hard riding on road n wannbe racer on track for those go track one in a blue moon. go to first motor at ubi to ask for it, but it had sell finish liao. will landed in singapore mid next month. thank god.

Originally posted by shadowchaser2004@May 27 2004, 10:19 PM

hi there. maybe u can try on the metz sport-tec M1. it a dual type for hard riding on road n wannbe racer on track for those go track one in a blue moon. go to first motor at ubi to ask for it, but it had sell finish liao. will landed in singapore mid next month. thank god.

how much>?

Guest shadowchaser2004
Originally posted by Cool79@May 27 2004, 11:54 PM

how much>?

cheap lai, how much u pay for u Z4 ,just add a $50 or more. cant say it out on wed ,cos the is very sensitive...................

hmm... looks like mr il4 hav been putting in a lot of afford to delete or edit all his posts in tiz thread n all other threads as well :confused:

http://img252.echo.cx/img252/5066/ppp012vm.gif

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. --- by Winston Churchill (1874 -1965)

Always expect the unexpected!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Driving on the highway is not a competition. It is a cooperation, the sharing of a limited resource. --- Matt Reed

STOC #5806

i am now using dialo corsa.. been to track once on this tire.. its grip well.. but the price a bit ex. sport tec M1 also not bad i use it in track also.. 8000 to 9000 you have to change tire liao... for both tire.. :thumb:

http://img70.photobucket.com/albums/v212/superman335/bike/newbig.jpg

Daijiro Kato always a racer in my heart !!

its always better to have more grip that less. the M1 should suffice for most riders and i belief the diablo corsa could be subjectively better than the M1.

more agressive ones can look towards the supercorsa and rennsport for the one of the ultimate DOT approved tires out there.

ROLEX....a crown for every achievement

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/oohlins/cosmo.jpg

visit my watch and audio blog at oohlins.blogspot.com

its always better to have more grip that less. the M1 should suffice for most riders and i belief the diablo corsa could be subjectively better than the M1.

more agressive ones can look towards the supercorsa and rennsport for the one of the ultimate DOT approved tires out there.

ROLEX....a crown for every achievement

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/oohlins/cosmo.jpg

visit my watch and audio blog at oohlins.blogspot.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shadowchaser2004
Originally posted by explorer@Jun 3 2004, 02:34 PM

hello lol, do u know what the hell is DOT stand for.???

cos i know well..! DOT is ONLY stand for these tires can be use on road. all tires must had no matter what size they are, or work. slick tires dont had a DOT .

grip is all abt how u ride a bike or setting. tires is all abt how much heat; he(the tries) can take n dont lose the traction.........

• 2 weeks later...

whats the shelf life of tyres? 2yrs?

the 4 letterings that describes the shelf life are printed where ah? beside the DOT wordings? and how do u read them?

day, month, year?

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11573/happyhalloween.jpg

Guest koma

u will c 4 number on the tyre side wall sometin like 1604 the 16 represent 16th week,04 represent made in 2004. hope tis helps ;)

alright thanks... think i noticed my so called 'new' rear tyre is expired... 47th week of 01. damned. front is 16week of 02(just expired).

anybody experienced anything bad with expired tyres?

i do notice a very light feeling of weightlessness with my rear when in a corner(not cranked to the extreme but maybe 70%; 1 to 2cm before the edge, and u dunt feel comfortable taking it lower), feels as if u'r sliding but u'r actually not...very vague feel. i dunt know if thats due to it being expired or trademark feature with all sportec M1's? my rear tyre pressure is 36. front is ok.

I had changed a new tire from BT010 to BT014. Had not tried the performance of the tire but it should be a better one than BT010

BT014 - NEW 2004 (Ultra High Performance Sport)

Front Rear Features

3D C.T.D.M. (Comprehensive Tire Design Method) is advanced tire design technology that enables dynamic, three-dimensional simulations of tire performance to find optimum desing at all lean angles

BT014 front features new kevlar cross-belt construction for light handling, improved feedback & stability

BT014 rear features cap/base compound with new bead construction and steel mono-spiral belt technology to offer high speed stability and superior handling

BT014 utilizes a new silica compound formulated with technology from MotoGP tire development for outstanding grip in all conditions

Comprehensive tire design method allows the tire to maintain contact pressure at all lean angles to improve handling and cornering performance

Innovative tread design to improve traction, shock absorption, wet performance and noise reduction

NEW Ultra high performance radial designed for the aggressive street rider

Singapore Goldwing Owners Group is now in facebook http://www.facebook.com/GoldwingSG

Now own only BMW K1600GT and Ex rider of Honda GL1800, Yam GTS1000, Yam Fazer 1000, Kawa GPZ400 , DukeSS400,Kawa ZXR400....and more to come

www.singapore-gts-club.8m.com

Guest koma

yup i also hav tried the bt014s, 1 thing 2 say they r great~~ :thumb:

oh yah tealeaf the numbers mean the date the tyre was manufactured n not the expiry date ;)

Originally posted by koma@Jul 3 2004, 10:37 AM

oh yah tealeaf the numbers mean the date the tyre was manufactured n not the expiry date ;)

the best will be always Metzeler Rennsport

go to extreme at ubi.....

$440

Thrash2Limits:cheers:

Originally posted by koma@Jul 3 2004, 10:37 AM

u got lobang for bt014 hehe? :D

does it suit 600s?

Guest prodrive
Originally posted by rhema83@Jan 11 2004, 12:12 AM

Just a little comment for those using BT39SS for their SP, KRR, TZM or RS. These tyres have really great grip and are pretty forgiving in corners. But they tend to wear pretty fast. A morning at PG today and I could see the wear already.

Hi,

The original tyre size for Y125z is F:70/90, R:80/90. I'm looking at changing to Battlax BT39ss but they don't seem to have the exact/correct size. In this case, what is the closest/BEST match should I go for? Thanks.

Following are the BT39ss sizes:

Front

TIRE SIZE REC. RIM (inch) MEAS. RIM (inch) OD (mm) TW (mm)

80/90-16 43S TL 1.85 1.85-2.15 552 79

90/80-17 46S TL 2.15 1.85-2.50 586 92

100/80-17 52S TL 2.50 1.85-2.75 601 102

Rear

TIRE SIZE REC. RIM (inch) MEAS. RIM (inch) OD (mm) TW (mm)

90/90-17 49S TL 2.15 1.85-2.50 596 92

100/80-17 52S TL 2.75 1.85-2.75 600 102

120/80-17 61S TL 2.75 2.15-3.00 622 124

100/90-18 56S TL 2.15 1.85-2.75 635 98

Originally posted by tealeaf@Jul 2 2004, 07:10 PM

alright thanks... think i noticed my so called 'new' rear tyre is expired... 47th week of 01. damned. front is 16week of 02(just expired).

anybody experienced anything bad with expired tyres?

i do notice a very light feeling of weightlessness with my rear when in a corner(not cranked to the extreme but maybe 70%; 1 to 2cm before the edge, and u dunt feel comfortable taking it lower), feels as if u'r sliding but u'r actually not...very vague feel. i dunt know if thats due to it being expired or trademark feature with all sportec M1's? my rear tyre pressure is 36. front is ok.

all metzeler tyre came with a 4year warranty

the bottom line HERE is . ' how much is that donkey sitting in the window!!!

that really answer all the question.................

Thrash2Limits:cheers: