SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Tyre Review

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Hi guys, i desperately need to get a pair of rubbers as my front have wear off badly enough to exposed the inner white mesh... very bad...

i ll oso be heading north for sepang so i need to get it changed quick...

wat tyres u guys recommend?? i m not hard on corners, durability & price is my main concern. i m riding cbr400.. would appreciate if u guys can name a couple of profiles, thanks...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hi il4,been going through the forum and it seems tat ure the TYRE GURU..

so can you help?ridin a kips with a tt900 80/70f,90/80r...tyres wearin out already so wanna change ....any recommendations :? :? :confused: ?frens all told me to change to batalax 100f,110r for better cornerin and grip....

my criteria for tyre:

smooth cornering

grips well even on wet days

mileage quite important as travel quite a bit from skool to work

(skoolin at bukit batok,werkin at city hall,live in woodlands)

thanks in advance for the advice :cheer: :cheer:

A BuTTerFlY is A LovE nOte FolDeD into 2..............

I mAy Be ThE sLoWeSt BuT aT lEaSt I mAdE hErE dIdN't I :angel:

God heLp Me get thRough thE pAin anD soRrows oF liFe...

My bike came with Dunlops and I was a nervous wreck on wet roads. I switched to Metzler and the difference was amazing. I have never had a rear end slip since I got them (happened all the time before). Even at very slow speed the handling is much better.

Can't agree more... but it's less than a year since I got my MEZ1 and the rear rubber is starting to flatten. I guess for better grip we just have to sacrifice mileage...

metz sportec m1 - neutral feel and more confidence than pirelli dragons

metz rennsports road - the bomb! yeah baby yeah!

I'm using the sportec M1 on my rear.....its kinda wearing out fast...less than 6 months n i can see that the centre of the tyre i about halfway to balding liao.......

Handling wise, i feel that its overall not a bad tyre.......probably gonna try out the dunlop bt 090.....anybody got any idea what is the recommended tyre size for a gsxr 400?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

il4,in need of ure help once again......

my fren is ridin a rxz and wanna change his tyres....what tyre do u suggest :confused: ? does bt39ss have size 18? :confused: and where is cheapest place to buy n change?is it possible to buy the tyres in SG and change it in JB?will customs allow?thanks.....btw,where is HKL?

A BuTTerFlY is A LovE nOte FolDeD into 2..............

I mAy Be ThE sLoWeSt BuT aT lEaSt I mAdE hErE dIdN't I :angel:

God heLp Me get thRough thE pAin anD soRrows oF liFe...

il4,in need of ure help once again......

my fren is ridin a rxz and wanna change his tyres....what tyre do u suggest :confused: ? does bt39ss have size 18? :confused: and where is cheapest place to buy n change?is it possible to buy the tyres in SG and change it in JB?will customs allow?thanks.....btw,where is HKL?

do a search on the Shoplist and u'll find HKL

Better to be loved, than to hate...

is the pirelli mt75 tires good ? it cost mi $130 on S4 the size is 140/70

2001 - 2003 = Krr150

2003 - 2004 = Pb1 s4

2004 - 2005 = Srad 750k1

2005 - 2005 = X9 180

2005 - 2005 = Srad 750 k1

2005 - 2006 = S4 ver S

2006 - 2007 = Phamton 150

2008 - 2010 = Phamton 150

2010 - now = Kymco Grand Dink 250

2007 - now = Kia Cerato 1.6

Heard from my mech that Metzeler is stopping production of the MEZ1 and replacing it with the Sportec. Dunno the model though. What's your view on this?

Anyone using the Pirelli Scorpion tyres on a varadero 1000?

thought of changing one soon as my current T66X going to wear out!

Although, Mic T66x is very good, but coming to 19000km in mileage, the tyres tends to show symptom like the front tyre will pop out a shape on the centre and the rear will wobble while cornering!

all symtom shown before the track of the tyre reach the worn marking!

Anyone can recommend wat tire to use for RVF. Hope to get one tat have good grip regardless of weather and dun wear out easily

http://powersports.honda.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/motorcycles/2005/CBR1000RR/LargeHoriz/CBR1000RR_large_03.jpg

tires manufacturer still trying to find the formula to make a tire that satisfy all your needs

Haha dun so mean leh :cry: Btw heard tat u r a rubber expert so wat tire u recommend 4 RVF.

http://powersports.honda.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/motorcycles/2005/CBR1000RR/LargeHoriz/CBR1000RR_large_03.jpg

hi all........i riding krr and my rear tyre balding liao.......but front one still ok......so wat tyre can i change to???? i on budget so prefarably below $80

Or shld i change both together???

neh, juz trying to align ideal product to reality... :D

wats your budget for tires and wat kinda ride do u go for?

Actually i getting my bike from bike shop next week then is a free change cos the former tire botak liao. As for ride style i oso not so sure but i not tat agressive type. :shades:

hi all........i riding krr and my rear tyre balding liao.......but front one still ok......so wat tyre can i change to???? i on budget so prefarably below $80

Or shld i change both together???

change both and i recommend TT900 cos my kips oso using this and works quite well for me.

well, try Pirelli Dragon MTR01/02.

uniformly round profile, soft carcass and have a low operating temperature. Grips well when its cold.

I went thru one set of the dragons, pretty satisfied with it

If for normal use, roughly how many km can it cover b4 next change and oso does Grips well when its cold mean during raining day

If for normal use, roughly how many km can it cover b4 next change and oso does Grips well when its cold mean during raining day

i think grip well when cold means when u juz start to ride in the morning when the tyre is still 'cold'. After the riding for a while, the tyre will become warmer due to friction.

change both and i recommend TT900 cos my kips oso using this and works quite well for me.

how come it is recommended to change both since the rear one always wear out faster one?? like a bit waste le......Aniwae, i using bt090 now, so other than tt900, still got other brands one anot????

well, try Pirelli Dragon MTR01/02.

uniformly round profile, soft carcass and have a low operating temperature. Grips well when its cold.

I went thru one set of the dragons, pretty satisfied with it

How about Metzeler MEZ1? You recommended it to me last year...

I'm using the sportec M1 on my rear.....its kinda wearing out fast...less than 6 months n i can see that the centre of the tyre i about halfway to balding liao.......

Handling wise, i feel that its overall not a bad tyre.......probably gonna try out the dunlop bt 090.....anybody got any idea what is the recommended tyre size for a gsxr 400?

M1 wears out fast?could be due cold shredding, sportec M1 arent meant for 400s.

stock buns for gix4 should be 120/160, but u can try 120/150(and its cheaper!!), makes a real big difference. u can feel *wow*, immediately after changing.

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11573/happyhalloween.jpg