SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Tyre Review

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Guest ZZR-Pilot

I'm close to binning my set of Taiwanese Duros, and will need to fit a fresh set of tyres for my 400cc corner-carver.

So tell me fellas:

1) What's your favourite set of tyres?

2) Why?

3) How many km did it last you?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didnt use it b4 but heard my fren's comments.

Tires: Pirelli Dragon

why: Dunno

Mileage: Took him ard 5~6 mths to finish the threads.

comments: sticky

Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

Wat is the difference between BrigdeStone 010 and 090 tires? :confused:

Which one is better? How does it cost?

Life short, play hard

You will be sorry when you see me.

Speed is not how fast you can go,

But how fast you can handle.

Ppl always think they\'re good but

It\'s others tat judge them not themselve.

Wat is the difference between BrigdeStone 010 and 090 tires? :confused:

Which one is better? How does it cost?

BT010 full set cost $220 cheapest but most shop sellin ard $300

BT090 heard quite good reviews regarding this model but price i not too sure

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

So can I assume that BT090 is a better tire than the BT010. :confused:

Anymore ppl who uses the tires share their review? :cheer:

Life short, play hard

I am using the cheapo BT010...ZR rating for (600cc and above) according to the spec.

If you are like me on the budget side, BT010 fit in great, deflate alittle and this thing grip.

But Rennsport is still me fav.

I am using the cheapo BT010...ZR rating for (600cc and above) according to the spec.

If you are like me on the budget side, BT010 fit in great, deflate alittle and this thing grip.

But Rennsport is still me fav.

Wat ZR rating mean? :?

Life short, play hard

Guest BoBOKik

me me... i've changed to BT-010 since last year aug or oct... until now.. den it begins to show signs for wearing out... tis is a good tyre its a good compromise btw grip n milage.. but i have to agreed it may nt be the best track tyre.. but its definately a good everyday tyre.. where u can find fun n distance wif it :cheer:

me me... i've changed to BT-010 since last year aug or oct... until now.. den it begins to show signs for wearing out... tis is a good tyre its a good compromise btw grip n milage.. but i have to agreed it may nt be the best track tyre.. but its definately a good everyday tyre.. where u can find fun n distance wif it :cheer:

Hi....bobo

I thought BT-010 is design for 600cc and above

Cos 600 is using 180 for rear n 120 for front........

Tat y is not suitable for 400cc bikes.......

400cc is using 160 rear n 120 front.......

Am still thinking which to change........BT-010 or MEZ Z1....

Now currently using MEZ Z1.....quite hyappy wif it......

any comment ???

Cheers............ :cheer:

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=21127&dateline=1077474760.gifhttp://www.vespa.com/img/logoVespaBig.gif

Guest BoBOKik

Hi....bobo

I thought BT-010 is design for 600cc and above

Cos 600 is using 180 for rear n 120 for front........

Tat y is not suitable for 400cc bikes.......

400cc is using 160 rear n 120 front.......

Am still thinking which to change........BT-010 or MEZ Z1....

Now currently using MEZ Z1.....quite hyappy wif it......

any comment ???

Cheers............ :cheer:

erm... BT-010 comes wif 160 rear..

BTW saw a Super 4 at my place fitted with BT010 tires, so I assumed that the tire also suitable for 400cc.

Anybody using BT010 tires?

So are BT010 & BT090 wet weather tires?

Life short, play hard

I have used many many sets of tyres since my riding career....hahaha..(Mostly due to punctures or too worn out on the centre)...Anyway, I've seen ZZRPilot ride, I would recommend at least Bridgestone's BT-010. It is the best compromise between grip and rate of wear. And for a 400cc bike it could wear quite well.( Just keep that genting twisties trips to minimal...) And the price in singapore for this set of tyres is really reasonable, I don't know how much it would cost in KL. BT-010 is probably sufficient for some of your track days at Batu Tiga Circuit. The Bridgstone's BT's range comes in all sizes, make sure you get those meant for your bike, using tyres of unsuitable size is Dangerous! If you are really performance incline, BT-090 is alot more grippier, but of course, with the expense of higher rate of wear... We in singapore chose Bridgestones because they are slightly less expensive than other brands. If pirelli is cheaper, and you are super performance incline, try those Dragon SuperCorsas, as they now comes in alot of sizes...but beware of wet surfaces...This set of tyres lasted only three months on my bike, but it really makes you bike look like a GP bike with Hero attitude. Super sticky... Michellin's Sports series is also great... It's really up to the cost... don't worry about getting softer, grippier tyres for your bike as the wear rate on a 400cc bike is still bearable no matter what tyres you use...

Why I ride....\"Modern travelling is not travelling at all; it is merely being sent to a place, and very little different from becoming a parcel.\" -- John Ruskin

i know u guys toking about sportsbike tyres...

can i ask about roadbike tyres?

i often see n hear ppl change their tyres to Pirelli MT75 for front n Pirelli Mt65 for back... r they gd?

Class 2bHonda TA150, Yamaha RXZ135, SYM Magic110, Kawasaki KSR110, SYM GTS200, Paijifa F150, Yamaha Cygnus Z125

Class 2aHonda CB400 Project Big 1, Version S, Honda Shadow 400

Class 2Yamaha Vmax1200, Honda CBR1100XX, Honda Deauville650, Honda CB1300, Yamaha FZ6S, Honda Varadero1000, Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Thanks Porker,

Mileage is a concern for me since I need my bike to get to work every day (thankfully, my new office is only 20km away.. last time used to be a 45km ride just to go to work).

Which is why, although I'd love to slap on the stickiest rubbers, I have to find a good compromise between grip & wear rate. I'm considering putting on a sports front & sports touring rear. Something like a Metzeler ME-Z3 front & ME-Z4 rear. Or BT-010 front & BT-020 rear.

How many KMs does the BT-010 rear last? I keep hearing something like 6000km? Damn.. that's a new tyre every oil change.

I've asked around in KL earlier this year. BT-010 & Metzelers go for around RM700+ a pair. Slightly more expensive than in S'pore I guess. Forget about Pirellis (too expensive), Dunlops (don't last) & Avon (too rare).

My Duros have served me well. They're the wrong size, though.. haha.. but pointy profile lets you dive into corners like Rossi (at the expense of straight line hi-speed stability). F##k-all grip when cold, but nice when warm... and will start losing grip when hot - there ain't nothing like getting your rear tyre loose & skipping all over the place when you're late-braking hard into a tight corner... yeee-hahhhh!

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Pirellis use the same compounds as Metzeler, but are generally more expensive because it's a premium brand.

Anyone here use Metzelers?

well, I've always been inclined towards Bridgestone.... Have used the BT010 and am using the BT012SS now. I hear the best combination is either a BT010/012SS rear and BT020 front. In my experience, the BT010 front tyres have a short life because it warps easily...

The BT010 were bridgestone's premium road/performance tyres until the BT012SS came out. Personally, the BT010 felt better but then again, 'cause I wear shorts alot more these days, I don't corner as garangly as before.......

Check this out:

http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/produc...uct/Product.asp?

http://http//content2.i-am-bored.com/images/instantninja_456876.jpg

The BT090 tires are racing tyres and therefore, will wear out faster than the normal street tyres....

Anyway, check this news article out about the BT012SS:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Nov. 19, 2001) – The new ultra high performance Bridgestone Battlax BT-012SS sport radial motorcycle tire was designed to give riders impressive grip and maneuverability on both wet and dry pavements. Featuring technologies found in the Bridgestone World Grand Prix 500cc program, the tire has been tested extensively on streets and circuits around the world, and will be available in February at many motorcycle dealer outlets.

“The Battlax BT-012SS features the newest and most advanced technologies from the Bridgestone motorcycle street tire development effort,” said Bob Graham, Manager of Bridgestone/Firestone Motorcycle and Kart racing programs. “These technologies work in combination to offer riders exceptional performance – the kind of cornering and straightway performance most riders could only have imagined until now.”

The Bridgestone Battlax BT-012SS rear tires are built with a revolutionary Dual Belt Construction (DBC) to maintain a high level of grip, rotation power and shock absorption. These dual belts are on top of a KevlarÒ Mono Spiral Belt, with the belts working together to improve straightway stability, corner grip and maneuverability. Also included in the rear tire is a new Silica Rich Compound to enhance grip in wet conditions and low temperatures, providing improved handling from the moment the motorcycle starts moving. The compound also provides more consistent and longer lasting grip.

Both front and rear Bridgestone Battlax BT-012SS tires are produced using Bridgestone 3D Comprehensive Tire Design Method (CDTM) technology. This allows Bridgestone engineers to conduct dynamic, three-dimensional simulation and analysis of tire performance to find optimum solutions at all lean angles, efficient tread patterns and sidewall stiffness.

The tread pattern for the Bridgestone Battlax BT-012SS incorporates smooth curves to minimize hydroplaning in wet conditions. The front tire pattern was designed to maximize high-speed stability while minimizing vibration. The rear tire has a high negative ratio to enhance grip and cornering stability. Both front and rear tires have a convex profile for quicker and lighter handling in corners.

Sizes available now include:

Front: 120/70ZR17 (58W) TL

Rear: 180/55ZR17 (73W) TL

Rear: 190/50ZR17 (73W) TL

Nashville-based Bridgestone/Firestone, Inc. is the largest subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone/Firestone develops, manufacturers and markets Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton, and associate and private brand tires. The company also produces Firestone air springs, roofing materials, synthetic rubber, and industrial fibers and textiles.

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Thanks for the offer, il4. I'll definitely take you up on it (along with Greg, PatR1ck, Porker etc).

I'm trying to stretch out my balding Duros till end October. Then I'll probably slap on a BT-010 front & BT-020 rear and see if I can get 15,000km out of the pair. By then it'll be March next year, and I'll be off to Singapore for a fresh pair. Hooray!

I need to get some serious servicing done in S'pore, like valve adjustments, shim replacement, oil change, carb tune-up (I intend to fit a noisy pipe sometime later.. hehe) and probably a chain + sprocket replacement as well.

How much will that cost at Guan Hoe (near Eunos) do you reckon?

Hey ZZR-Pilot,

Wah, how come my name come first??? You forgot Lychee........

Anyway, what you said about putting BT010 front and BT020 rear....well, it should be the other way round...... BT010 front warps easily..... but the rear is quite good.....and since the change ratio of front to rear is about 3:1, you would to decrease this ratio to 2:1 or something.... you can achieve this by using BT020 front and BT010 rear....

BT020 tires have a harder middle rubber compound but the sides are quite sticky, especially the front one. or a better combination would be:

Front:BT020 and Rear: BT012SS

Well, see you in Singapore soon...................................

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Whoa Greg, forget about BT-012SS.. waaay to expensive and won't survive my daily commute to work.

Actually, I read somewhere that if you want to mix different tyres it should be as closely matched as possible - i.e. both from same manufacturer, similar/close model/compound, same carcass type (radial or ply) & speed rating - this is to minimize the difference in performance (too much difference will affect handling).

And always make sure the front it grippier than the rear. It makes sense - while the two tyres have slightly different levels of grip, when pushing them to the edge you'd want the front to stick more than the rear. A sliding rear can be controlled but a sliding front will have your face hitting dirt pronto.

Anyway, a stickier rear will have me buying an expensive new rear tyre as often as if I had stickies on both front and rear! Hehe.. Not much economy in that combination, then.

I guess we won't know for sure until someone experiments with it.

il4 - holy cow, that's pricey. How long would it normally take?

hey zzr,

The BT010 (front), from my experience, warps after a while....maybe its my riding style, maybe its because I didn't take care of the tire, but it only took under 3 months for it to warp on me...........

I am using BT012SS, the same tires I used when we met up in KL....so far, no signs of wear and tear....plus I have gone up to Thailand before that too..... no signs of it getting worn out....

Anyway, the cost between a full set of BT010 and BT012SS are not that much....unless you compare it in M$....... but someone just got their set for S$360....BT012SS.......