SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Tyre Review

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Guest ZZR-Pilot
Dude, u have got to try Dunlop GPR70SP....life will never be the same in those "mountain roads".... :bounce:

I can't find GPRs here, probably due to the fact that there aren't many 400cc bikes around. How much are they in SG?

Hey guess what, there was a landslide somewhere along the twisty road up Awana. The incident swallowed a car and cubkia who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. The whole stretch has been closed since. No more thrashing up Genting for us then. *sigh*

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ppl,

Pls remember other than the Z ratings (speed rating), there are also weight ratings on tyres. Forgotten abt the ratings class, anyone has got it, care to share? So, no matter wether if the speed rating or watever stickiest compound souds good, remember to check if it is meant for the intened weight of yr bike. Cos if its meant for bigger bikes, means heavier weight class and needs a heavier bike to warm the tyres to proper 'stickiness'. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw, why no one discuss abt dual purpose tyres? hehe.

I'm using Pirelli Skorpion for my AT, $240 a pair with new set of Pirelli tubes. Quite lasting....more than 6 mths liao :)

Thank you guys.

I changed mez1 about 2+ months ago. Dont know is because i buang when corner. but find it not sticky enough when it is not warm up. And my 125cc bike(not enough power) seems to need quite long for the tyre to warm up.

Maybe i should sell my tyre to my friend(since he wants mez) and change to gpr. :smile:

*^BrEnDoN^*

I love bikes, cars and mei nu!

Thank you guys.

I changed mez1 about 2+ months ago. Dont know is because i buang when corner. but find it not sticky enough when it is not warm up. And my 125cc bike(not enough power) seems to need quite long for the tyre to warm up.

Maybe i should sell my tyre to my friend(since he wants mez) and change to gpr. :smile:

wat is the tire pressure tat ya using?

U mean how much air i pump har? i pump 200

*^BrEnDoN^*

Thank you guys.

wat is the tire pressure tat ya using?

U mean how much air i pump har? i pump 200

Wats your ride??

TZRR :smile:

*^BrEnDoN^*

Wat u guys reccomend for GSXR400?

wat do u want out of your tire?

I want it to be grippy even in the rain.

I new to this.

Wat exactly can I want from my tyres? :confused:

Life short, play hard

You will be sorry when you see me.

Speed is not how fast you can go,

But how fast you can handle.

Ppl always think they\'re good but

It\'s others tat judge them not themselve.

Wat u guys reccomend for GSXR400?

wat do u want out of your tire?

I want it to be grippy even in the rain.

I new to this.

Wat exactly can I want from my tyres? :confused:

Ride very slowly in the rain then...

I cant help

Not very friendly. :mad:

At least give me some examples of the tyres and their function.

So I can know what exactly is required by me mah.

Come on u r the expert.

Life short, play hard

You will be sorry when you see me.

Speed is not how fast you can go,

But how fast you can handle.

Ppl always think they\'re good but

It\'s others tat judge them not themselve.

it seems like most of u are riding sports bike :thumb:

so ahhh .... is there anyone who ride cruiser who can give some infor on

crusier tires :?

currently riding TA 200

Guest ZZR-Pilot
Hey, your ride manz, havent heard anything since the spill.

No news yet, that's why. Insurance is taking their own sweet time, what with the holiday season and all. Anyway, I don't expect to hear from them until January. At least.

What they'll give me definitely won't be enough to cover all repairs. I don't mind forking out a bit of cash to fix stuff, but so troublesome. I might as well save the cash, opt for a total loss write-off and get a ZX-6 or something.. Still haven't decided.

In the meantime, looking around for a cubkia to buy. Cheap cheap.. hehe..

Any idea when the Pirelli Diablo will be selling in SG?

My Stock BT011 front is still ok.... The BT010 rear is still alright during dry weather, but it is very slippery during wet weather.......

Still cant decide to get BT012SS or supercosa2 if Diablo is still not avaliable... Dun think will go track often, but wish to have good grip in dry weather but not compromise in wet weather too.....

Guest BoBOKik
SC2 no good for wet weather? But i heard from a few people saying that SC2 grip quite well in wet weather too.....

well... seems like u r stuck.. hahaha well best is u give it a try n see lor.. like it keep it.. dont like it well change lor...

everybody have their own views n opinion in everything... u jus have to try to noe it yrself rite.... wat work or doesnt work for other, dont mean dat its work or doesnt work for u... u have yr own style n preferences

Guest BoBOKik
Oh well, maybe really had to test out then i can know it myself.... thanks for all those feedback..... :p

ya do let us noe yr feedback after u have tried... im oso waitin for my current BT010 to wear out b4 tryin other tyres... kekekeke :p

Guest ZZR-Pilot
Pirelli Diablo

The Latest tire tats gonna replace the Dragon and Dragon Evo

Corrrr.... cool looking devils (pun intended). Are they available yet? How much, hor?