SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone want to get ST1100 OEM wind deflector to be installed on your wing mirror?

May I know what is the function of the wind deflector? How useful is this to the rider?

By the way has anyone installed the Hyperpro streetbox suspension kit on their ST11? Or a fork brace? Has it improved the bike handling!

Thanks.

any st1100 rider up there able to change the front headlight shape or the front head ferring to st1300 before? looks like st1300 looks sharper from front view and cooler.

Doubt so.frame design and mounting totally different. St13 has motorised windshield also.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk2

any st1100 rider up there able to change the front headlight shape or the front head ferring to st1300 before? looks like st1300 looks sharper from front view and cooler.

I Tnk if u going to use ur bike for touring better not to change to others. At high speed it might affect the performance and handling of ur bike. Better stick to the factory design.

Dear ST11 riders,

I will be ordering the following parts for my ST11 from the USA.

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=13

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=8

If anyone is interested you can tag along to save on the shipping cost. Some FJR13 riders are also tagging along so shipping will be further reduced for each.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Sankar

Edited by Sankar73

anyway why im looking for PC is because my previous bike was using PC3. with that it can control your fuel and air mixture of ur bike.. saves abit of ur petrol but also depends on ur way of riding... sooo does ST11 can do that? what kind of equipment to use?

any kind soul to advise?

Dear ST11 riders,

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=13

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=8

If anyone is interested you can tag along to save on the shipping cost. Some FJR13 riders are also tagging along so shipping will be further reduced for each.

Sankar

not at the moment.. thanks.

May I know what is the function of the wind deflector? How useful is this to the rider?

By the way has anyone installed the Hyperpro streetbox suspension kit on their ST11? Or a fork brace? Has it improved the bike handling!

Thanks.

Wind deflector as mentioned is to deflect the wind away from rider. IMO, not advisable as the current set up is already hot. So by deflecting the wind away will be hotter for the rider. A touring windshield is already too hot for me. So wind deflector is a no no for me.

I AM BACK!!!!!

anyway why im looking for PC is because my previous bike was using PC3. with that it can control your fuel and air mixture of ur bike.. saves abit of ur petrol but also depends on ur way of riding... sooo does ST11 can do that? what kind of equipment to use?

any kind soul to advise?

Read this interesting article. The author has tried a lot to improve his ST11. You can get some tips.

http://www.steinborn.org/st1100.html

My ST is a very thirsty beast. Only can 14km/l on local roads & the same while touring. I was stranded with an empty tank when the distance travelled was only 387km.

Wind deflector as mentioned is to deflect the wind away from rider. IMO, not advisable as the current set up is already hot. So by deflecting the wind away will be hotter for the rider. A touring windshield is already too hot for me. So wind deflector is a no no for me.

Likewise. I have a MRA touring windscreen n I find it actually make my ride more uncomfortable. So I remove the top portion of the screen n ride on local roads. It also makes the bike look more sporty.

Dear ST11 riders,

Sankar

Any other takers for the fork brace. I have one other rider interested. You can look through the website and chose other products too.

Regards,

Sankar

• 2 weeks later...
Likewise. I have a MRA touring windscreen n I find it actually make my ride more uncomfortable. So I remove the top p4ortion of the screen n ride on local roads. It also makes the bike look more sporty.

Hai,if u intend to sell the mra top portion do let me know coz when i bought the bike only has the bottom part of tye mra windscreen ..my contact 93371804

The happiest people don't have the best of everything.

They just make the best of everything....yaaa. Right

Read this interesting article. The author has tried a lot to improve his ST11. You can get some tips.

http://www.steinborn.org/st1100.html

My ST is a very thirsty beast. Only can 14km/l on local roads & the same while touring. I was stranded with an empty tank when the distance travelled was only 387km.

Try some these steps to check;

- tyre pressure. Front at 250 rear at 290.

- If operating temperature is correct, meaning if the thermostat valve regulator is inside.

- correct viscosity engine oil & level, it should not be above 'H' when cooled.

- if carburetor r properly tuned & synchronized.

Other detail steps i.e.;

- inspect for torn or shrunk vacuum tubes.

- if back fire occurs when revs high, if it does, check on the intake manifolds clamp if they r properly tighten.

Lastly.......... Your riding habit. :)

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

Thanks.

Well one thing for sure it minise the windblast on your fingers when you installed it that is for sure.. Since it is an original Honda OEM parts i guess it should be essential item.

Try some these steps to check;

- tyre pressure. Front at 250 rear at 290.

- If operating temperature is correct, meaning if the thermostat valve regulator is inside.

- correct viscosity engine oil & level, it should not be above 'H' when cooled.

- if carburetor r properly tuned & synchronized.

Other detail steps i.e.;

- inspect for torn or shrunk vacuum tubes.

- if back fire occurs when revs high, if it does, check on the intake manifolds clamp if they r properly tighten.

Lastly.......... Your riding habit. :)

When I got this bike , the previous owner has already done all the major services before passing it to me. The evidence was the photograph of the striped down bike and the smooth engine of the bike. There was no problem other than a loose exhaust nut.

I do take care to make sure that the tire pressure is 37 psi on the front and 42 psi on the rear. I also changed to a new set of tires of the right size.

The operating temperature seems to be right as per your suggestion. But the RPM at idle seems to be high at 1000 when completely warmed up.

I now need to make an engine oil change & tune and syn the carbs. What grade engine oil is recommended for the ST11? Fully syn, semi syn or mineral oil is best for the bike?

Thank you.

Riding habit has always been the same.... always within the legal speed of plus 20km/h above the limit.... :) ... in fact smaller bikes are always going faster than me...

Edited by Sankar73