SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

Brought bike down to Chuan Huat last week....he looked at my bike and say "old bike like that de, normal".....so end up never do tuning or carb wash....idle rpm ard 1000rpm...pretty stable and consistent idle and low rev..jus mid rev or high rev once back off throttle will back fire / pop sound.

Bring ur bike to Planet motors. At ubi. Just ask the boss to check your bike. Very honest guy. No nonsense. All my bikes, all serviced by him. :)

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check near your front disc brake. There is another abs teething thingy around it. Not sure what its called. Its an abs sensor ring. The inner ring.

https://www.google.com/search?q=st1100+abs+sensor&tbm=isch&ei=nRwBUsvbMJCnrAelvYGIBQ&start=100&sa=N#i=14

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk2

mine has been repainted so no signs of it...

The rear wheel also has the pulsar ring(think that's what they call it), you should be able to see it clearly.

Back when I got my ST new in '00, there're only 1ABS among our buddies(1 out of 6-7bikes).

We were naive and ignorant because ABS costs few thousand(~2-3K) and it was not common for ABS ver then.

I believe the ABS ver also has those push buttons below the left side flip cover(TCS buttons etc) and the dash light has extra TCS screen(our regular only has turn, neutral etc) if my memory did not fail me.

Sorry if I provided wrong info.

Managed to ride up hatyai.....bike is nice and easy to cruise...however I feel brakes lacking....what can be done to improve it?

I think you can change to EBC brake pads. I dun really feel a diff but my fren says its a big diff for him. So if e EBC pads alone dun work, can change to EBC discs and pads, which will cost u quite a bit.

noticed the ST11 when back off throttle while cruising or >4000rpm, it will give those "pop" sound from exhaust...like those supermotard but not that loud.....is it common / normal?....or time to do carb tuning ?

PanEuro model will not have back fire pooping.

US model very mild back fir pooping, if jialat then could be the EVAP system diaphragm torn, easy remedy for it is to slot in small aluminium sheets 2 sides each under the cam cover above the exhaust outlet at the 2 shinny tube to block the exhaust recycling emission.

Edited by Simon Soh

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

Managed to ride up hatyai.....bike is nice and easy to cruise...however I feel brakes lacking....what can be done to improve it?

It's time to replace the brake pump piston oil seal. Next it will jam.

Simon Soh

Thanks for the guide....will get them sorted out when back....tried to do "corbin" seat at hatyai but result turned out to be disaster tho the shop show me photocopies of corbin seat and said he do before....where u guys did it?

Edited by reymund77

noticed the ST11 when back off throttle while cruising or >4000rpm, it will give those "pop" sound from exhaust...like those supermotard but not that loud.....is it common / normal?....or time to do carb tuning ?

I have this problem when i bought my bike... finally i found out my vacuum pipe seal unproperly. Just right hand 2 piston vacuum is connect to fuel bypass valve. Other 3 vacuum pipe is sealed... after i seal my vacuum pipe.... back fire when disacceleration is solve

The rear wheel also has the pulsar ring(think that's what they call it), you should be able to see it clearly.

Back when I got my ST new in '00, there're only 1ABS among our buddies(1 out of 6-7bikes).

We were naive and ignorant because ABS costs few thousand(~2-3K) and it was not common for ABS ver then.

I believe the ABS ver also has those push buttons below the left side flip cover(TCS buttons etc) and the dash light has extra TCS screen(our regular only has turn, neutral etc) if my memory did not fail me.

Sorry if I provided wrong info.

Thanks for the useful info. Very helpful

Thanks for the guide....will get them sorted out when back....tried to do "corbin" seat at hatyai but result turned out to be disaster tho the shop show me photocopies of corbin seat and said he do before....where u guys did it?

reymund were u è 1 wif ur fren ridin fz1 dat we met at custom & seat upholstery shop? If yes, u can do it at è shop on ur left ware u did ur's, he did mine nicely exactly è same as wat i wanted. Price wise 500bhat more than ur's & he needs 3 days to do it & not 3 hrs hor...

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

• 2 weeks later...

yes pizzaboy...I was riding with a FZ1 and we met at Hatyai.....you riding NX700?......

The "Corbin" saddle was really a disaster.....end up told him to remove and revert back to stock....my FZ1 fren LL accept his and regret big time...lolx.....but its an experience....unfortunately don't have 3 days to leave my saddle with him...not so much the money that we chose the other shop.

HatYai Corbin.jpg

Yup i'm è 1 ridin nt700 maybe next mth can find sum time durin hari raya haji holidays go back redo at my shop.

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

Was on 2pairs of Fizz Power brake pads before my ride, it fail to work properly on rainy days.

As compared to original Nissin pads, most after market brake pads need to be tested. Just got 3pairs of Goldfren S33 ceramic carbon, it comes with stainless steel plates to prevent overheating. will provide report soon.

Edited by Simon Soh

Simon Soh

Simon...I had the same exp before with my st13 with fizpower. Swop back to goldfren and got few extra sets just in case when stock came in.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk2

My first St11 I have been using "Daytona" till '00 from ChongAik when the OEM wore up, that brand was good and cheap.

My current ST rear just replaced GoldFren(previous owner gave them to me), I don't use rear alot so cannot comment, so far performs ok.

Front don't know what brand previous owner put on but is wearing out fast.

Had already got EBC for the front on standby.

OEM is very expensive, x1set OEM I can get x2 sets EBC.