SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

for st13, i used goldfren from fjt. it was worn off very quickly. i mean like within a month, it was almost flat at the rear. not too sure why.

Rear worn out fast by nature cuz only a pair compared to front twin. On average of 1:3.

So far so good, this Goldfren S-33 attracted me cuz it comes with heat guard stainless steel plates, after next weekend mountainous ride will provide feedback. ;)

Hopefully a shortl session rain on the way back to see how it perform.

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btw what the address and contact no for these 2 workshops? Any particular mechanic to refer when there? Tks.

Planet motor (Ah Chong) -3007 Ubi Road 1

#01-430 S408701, Foo Soon Heng motor (Gopak) - 10, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A

#05-11 AMK Autopoint

Singapore 568047.

Tel: 64846033

Hi Bros,

Any kind souls can advise me the indicative pricing for selling a ST1100 Pan Euro?

MWTS my dad's ST1100 Pan European Model 2003 (FX Plate) maroon colour. Coe expiring this year NOV and only single owner with mileage of 50k+. Yes, low mileage as he seldom rides it throughout the 10 years.

All stock accessories. Only cosmetic 7/10 due to wear and tear.

Engine in excellent condition as recenty did up alot of things (in april) after long lay up.

Thinking of asking him to sell since its not being used regularly as I have my own bike.

Thanks!

-Hairul

Hi bro zerokill, in my experience playing with st11, a great condition st1100 with a renewed coe can go for up to maybe $8k plus. Thats e max i was able to sell mine in pristine condition n after a super long wait. So without coe renewal, i guess u can just deduct the current cost of coe drom $8k n that would b an indicative price for u. The market right now not so good, n there are not many willing to fork out alot even though bike is great, but if u do find a very appreciative buyer, i'm sure u can fetch an even higher price. :)

Hi bro zerokill, in my experience playing with st11, a great condition st1100 with a renewed coe can go for up to maybe $8k plus. Thats e max i was able to sell mine in pristine condition n after a super long wait. So without coe renewal, i guess u can just deduct the current cost of coe drom $8k n that would b an indicative price for u. The market right now not so good, n there are not many willing to fork out alot even though bike is great, but if u do find a very appreciative buyer, i'm sure u can fetch an even higher price. :)

Hi Bro Armani,

Thanks for the quick reply. Haha, guess my dad's expectation is too high. He expects it to fetch at least 11k due to the low mileage and good engine that was done up.

Maybe he wouldnt want to sell it after all if the price is too low since its sentimental to him.

Anyway, thanks for the input! Will try looking around.

Cheers,

Hairul

Hi Bro Armani,

Thanks for the quick reply. Haha, guess my dad's expectation is too high. He expects it to fetch at least 11k due to the low mileage and good engine that was done up.

Maybe he wouldnt want to sell it after all if the price is too low since its sentimental to him.

Anyway, thanks for the input! Will try looking around.

Cheers,

Hairul

Thats great bro. :)

Ah.... HEN's gathering.......! Can I join in too...?

Simon Soh

Rear worn out fast by nature cuz only a pair compared to front twin. On average of 1:3.

So far so good, this Goldfren S-33 attracted me cuz it comes with heat guard stainless steel plates, after next weekend mountainous ride will provide feedback. ;)

Hopefully a shortl session rain on the way back to see how it perform.

Works well on both rain n normal days, no issue riding up n coming down Genting.

Simon Soh

• 2 weeks later...

My radiator went hay-wired again, the rods r choked. I rode at Higher speed the thermostat valve remain open, coolant flow thru the choked rods unable to cool appropriately.

My solution was I bought a damaged radiator(needed both the brackets top & bottom) from Ah Ann at Sg Kadut n sent it to radiator shop to custom build with copper-mixed material..... For only 1/3 of the original price. :)

Anyone facing similiar plm...? How did u solve it..?

Simon Soh

My radiator went hay-wired again, the rods r choked. I rode at Higher speed the thermostat valve remain open, coolant flow thru the choked rods unable to cool appropriately.

My solution was I bought a damaged radiator(needed both the brackets top & bottom) from Ah Ann at Sg Kadut n sent it to radiator shop to custom build with copper-mixed material..... For only 1/3 of the original price. :)

Anyone facing similiar plm...? How did u solve it..?

Nv experienced this but if i did, i guess i would have just changed to oem one.

P.S: ah ann got any fairing onot?

Only at higher speed like 140km/h n above during hot afternoon u'll experience it.

He told me good condition fairings r hot item, some shop reserved it from him. But I don't think it will come cheap from the way he put it.

Hs add is now at: no. 74(2nd entrance) Sg Kadut St 1 blk J5.

Try eBay, do a detail search for ST1100 used parts, it have most sides of fairing at unbelievable prices.

Edited by Simon Soh

Simon Soh

Only at higher speed like 140km/h n above during hot afternoon u'll experience it.

He told me good condition fairings r hot item, some shop reserved it from him. But I don't think it will come cheap from the way he put it.

Hs add is now at: no. 74(2nd entrance) Sg Kadut St 1 blk J5.

Try eBay, do a detail search for ST1100 used parts, it have most sides of fairing at unbelievable prices.

Thanks man. So after rebuilding the 2nd hand radiator, is it better?

Will only be ready next week.

They needed the parallel brackets from the old radiator to weld on new copper-mixed rods together with pair of fabricated housing on both sides to hold the rods, then tap 2 holes one for thermostat fan switch n one for drain plug.

Important material r the brackets, it has the exact screw holes length to hold the fan n a pivot guide to mount radiator on to chassis accurately.

Otherwise I will need to leave my bike naked at the MSCP for at least a week. :)

Simon Soh

Will only be ready next week.

They needed the parallel brackets from the old radiator to weld on new copper-mixed rods together with pair of fabricated housing on both sides to hold the rods, then tap 2 holes one for thermostat fan switch n one for drain plug.

Important material r the brackets, it has the exact screw holes length to hold the fan n a pivot guide to mount radiator on to chassis accurately.

Otherwise I will need to leave my bike naked at the MSCP for at least a week. :)

Icic. Thats great. :)

Anyone knows where to get ABS plastic filler? I wanna do some patch work on my fairing.

Try this link, see if u can get what u need.

http://stores.ebay.ie/Village-Motorcycles

Simon Soh

A new fabricated copper-mixed radiator.

image.jpg

Replacing it tml. :)

Simon Soh

Heavily choked radiator, plenty of rust n soil flakes inside.

image.jpg

Simon Soh

Now she runs like a brand new... :)

Immediately chill up on straight ride.

Simon Soh