SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

I'm using progressive suspension 465-1128 rear & front progressive springs as well.

Not sure where to get it locally in sg, I got my rear shock last year when I'm in states on biz trip, bought @USD$360.

From ebay, seems the progressive unit+shipping is not cheap(~SGD$700), so might as well go for Hyperpro locally if price is ok.

I liked my progressive alot compared to OEM, especially with pillion, immediately notice the difference.

Stourer thanks for the input. Motorworld quoted $900+ for both the set but gotta wait another 2 months for shipment! too long for me. So I ordered both sets from Progressive & read lots of good reviews too. Otw now & I cant wait for it.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much is the damage for the progressive set inclusive shipping & how long does it takes to arrive?

I find the rear shock is really good, not mushy & feel solid/stable even with pillion.

Front springs need to get used to, OEM is softer & can sag/dive more compared to progressive.

With the new springs, front don't sag as much but you might need to get used to the harsher ride.

Hope you enjoy your upgrade.

Happy riding.

Regards,

Ray.

Hi there,

Anyone out there using a tyre pressure monitoring system? Where to install them on the bike & how much does it cos? Serious thinking on fixing it. Cheers.

I'm also keen on such gadgets for the bike if available.....pls keep me updated if there's any

How much is the damage for the progressive set inclusive shipping & how long does it takes to arrive?

I find the rear shock is really good, not mushy & feel solid/stable even with pillion.

Front springs need to get used to, OEM is softer & can sag/dive more compared to progressive.

With the new springs, front don't sag as much but you might need to get used to the harsher ride.

Hope you enjoy your upgrade.

Happy riding.

Regards,

Ray.

All in I paid ard $650-$700. Well relatively cheaper than what we can get locally right. Delivery is super fast only 1 week. Item just arrived today but gotta collect the rear susp at custom.. taxes sigh...

So i assume u using the same hey? Will fork oil grade do justice since u mention its a bit stiff??

All in I paid ard $650-$700. Well relatively cheaper than what we can get locally right. Delivery is super fast only 1 week. Item just arrived today but gotta collect the rear susp at custom.. taxes sigh...

So i assume u using the same hey? Will fork oil grade do justice since u mention its a bit stiff??

I think the price you mentioned is really a good deal if it include the front springs + rear suspension. Don't think you can find a rep for progressive locally, nearest should be in Australia/China/Japan.

I asked my mech to change the fork oil to 15wt based on the comments from overseas forum, I feel it's abit harsher through bumps than OEM but the bike is really solid and feel very stable. The front don't dive as much compared to OEM, so the shock direct through the grips. I was surprised when I just replaced the spring/oil about the fork travel.

You might want to try out 10wt and see if it fit your riding style first, change it accordingly next time if you don't like it.

Can't complain to the rear though, you'll feel the difference when you replace it, I'm pretty sure you'll be satisfied :)

Especially if you ride 2up.

I think the price you mentioned is really a good deal if it include the front springs + rear suspension. Don't think you can find a rep for progressive locally, nearest should be in Australia/China/Japan.

I asked my mech to change the fork oil to 15wt based on the comments from overseas forum, I feel it's abit harsher through bumps than OEM but the bike is really solid and feel very stable. The front don't dive as much compared to OEM, so the shock direct through the grips. I was surprised when I just replaced the spring/oil about the fork travel.

You might want to try out 10wt and see if it fit your riding style first, change it accordingly next time if you don't like it.

Can't complain to the rear though, you'll feel the difference when you replace it, I'm pretty sure you'll be satisfied :)

Yes price is for both front & rear. Thanks for some recommendations on progressives i feel its a good deal. Seriously mine is a '95 & bike is like those pony rides at funfairs. A bit worried bout the stiff front end though cos I ride my ST like a dirtbike hehe. Will go for 10wt and review it here soon.

Yes price is for both front & rear. Thanks for some recommendations on progressives i feel its a good deal. Seriously mine is a '95 & bike is like those pony rides at funfairs. A bit worried bout the stiff front end though cos I ride my ST like a dirtbike hehe. Will go for 10wt and review it here soon.

Progressives shocks n springs installed. Bike running great like floating on air.

For front suspensions instead of goin 10wt, I fitted 20wt ohlins oil as recommended by my mech. No issues on stiffening or hardened rides, in fact braking seems effortless now.

I recommend progressives to St riders out there if u need a change, performance is superb and price is very affordable.

Progressives shocks n springs installed. Bike running great like floating on air.

For front suspensions instead of goin 10wt, I fitted 20wt ohlins oil as recommended by my mech. No issues on stiffening or hardened rides, in fact braking seems effortless now.

I recommend progressives to St riders out there if u need a change, performance is superb and price is very affordable.

I have to agree with you on progressive. They're alot better than stock showa(rebuildable also) and the price is really good compared to OEM. Only bad thing is they do not have local rep in sg.

Enjoy your ride!

• 2 weeks later...

Try to give FJT a call to see if they have the parts, if not, might have to ask them to place an order from Japan, should take around 2weeks if they tag along other part orders.

Hi...everyone.... i missing a collar bush for my rear short. Where can get it.thank[ATTACH=CONFIG]283857[/ATTACH]

noticed the ST11 when back off throttle while cruising or >4000rpm, it will give those "pop" sound from exhaust...like those supermotard but not that loud.....is it common / normal?....or time to do carb tuning ?

Yup. I would do a carb wash n tuning if i had this issue. Whats ur idle rpm at?

Does anyone know how to differentiate St1100 ABS and non-ABS?

My cert states mines a 1995 ST1100S.

Can it be done visually e.g looking at the brakelines/pumps etc...?

From e little knowledge i have, the ABS version, at e front fender area, there's a big grey cover which states ABS.

Yup. I would do a carb wash n tuning if i had this issue. Whats ur idle rpm at?

Brought bike down to Chuan Huat last week....he looked at my bike and say "old bike like that de, normal".....so end up never do tuning or carb wash....idle rpm ard 1000rpm...pretty stable and consistent idle and low rev..jus mid rev or high rev once back off throttle will back fire / pop sound.