SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I hope you are in good health and your bike is in good service to you.

My ST11 had just reached a mileage of 80k km.

I believe it is time for a major servicing.

Anyone has done 80k km major servicing?

Do u mind sharing or recommending a shop to do so?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Joe

Because of him the lame walked briskly,

And the songless through him burst into melody.

//////////////////Algazel (1111AD)//////////////////

At 80K if your coolant hoses has not crack and replaced...you should consider as one of your priority. Change the entire set. Change the necessary parts for the cooling system..

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
At 80K if your coolant hoses has not crack and replaced...you should consider as one of your priority. Change the entire set. Change the necessary parts for the cooling system..

Thanks bro. I appreciate the input. Might be an extensive work to remove the fairing and to check the whole cooling system and hoses.

Thinking whether need to change the timing belt too...

Cheers

Because of him the lame walked briskly,

And the songless through him burst into melody.

//////////////////Algazel (1111AD)//////////////////

I think for st1100 iirc ...When you open up the bike to do major servicing...you can do few service at one time.. Carburettor and coolant hose, coolant water flush

..etc. saves the hassle of getting to open again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Bros,

I have a technical question, hopefully some of the bros here can help.

When I rev my throttle (especially gear 1,2) ... I feel that there seems to be a little delay in the power delivery, as in the bike will feel sluggish (like very hesitant) ... then once the rev goes up higher ... it'll be fine. No such problem in high speed.

Do you think this is carburetor or air filter? Or is it gearbox and clutch related?

Just want to get some opinion before I head down to the workshop.

Thanks

Hi Bros,

When I rev my throttle (especially gear 1,2) ... I feel that there seems to be a little delay in the power delivery, as in the bike will feel sluggish (like very hesitant) ... then once the rev goes up higher ... it'll be fine. No such problem in high speed.

Do you think this is carburetor or air filter? Or is it gearbox and clutch related?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Bros,

Thanks

Very hard to say. Honestly, just bring down to planet motors and let ah chong test ride for you. He is nice, sarcastic and full of crap. But he doesnt cheat. :)

GRAB ON GRIP (GOG)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336902[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]336903[/ATTACH]

Price : $19.90 Only with installation !!!!!

!!! SPECIAL PROMOTION !!!

- BUY 7 and GET 1 FREE !!!

- Value for $$$

- FREE Installation !!!

Gather your friends, bike group for this SPECIAL PROMO !!!

** For this SPECIAL PROMO, i'll proceed to the location of your choice to deliver and install at NO EXTRA CHARGES !!!

(Time will subject to my availability)

A MUST HAVE for your daily ride !!

-----------------------------------

"Feel aching on your wrist, palm coz the stock grip "too small" and hand "too big" ? Fret no more, introducing Grab On Grip, a fantastic solution which can help to ease those pain and aches for just $19.90 .. I've used this product for more than 5 years and never regretted using it."

- Genuine Made In USA.

- Slip over existing grips for greater comfort, or to renew worn grips.

- Work with heated or standard grips.

- Save $$$, no need change the whole heater grip system which is very costly.

- Shock absorbing EPDM foam for a smoother ride.

- Provide comfort to wrist and palm. (Great for touring !!)

- Glove friendly.

- Extra durable, ozone, UV, gas and oil resistant

- Grip Covers MC402/width 1.25-1.45"/5"Length.

- Fits class 2, 2A, 2B bikes as long as its a standard grip, it can fit .

- Great for city riding where there's lots of traffic light, your hand will be tired during the on going "stop go" situation, this product will help to ease the stress on palm n wrist. Highly recommended for despatch/delivery riders.

"Once you try it, you'll LOVE it"

PM for more details - 83885695 Wan

carousell.com/grabongrip

Tags : BMW - All models. Ducati - All Models. KTM - All Models. Harleys (Only if its standard grips. Those oversize grips, can't fit). Triumph - All models. Moto Guzzi, Reiju, Kawasaki - All models. Honda - All models. Yamaha - All models. Phantom, RXZ, Piaggio Vespa Gilera, Motard, Scramblers, Kups.

"Shut Up n Ride"

• 4 months later...
Hi guys. Need some advise on how to replace the leaking cdi. Anyone change it before on ur own. Where to start in removing the side fairing.

I know this is super late... but I just replaced my ECU/CDI that leaked the gluey substance all over the left side internal fairing and lower grey cowl.

Bought a 2nd hand unit from ebay.

As I want to do the cooling system flush and replace fresh coolant, did the change of the unit at the same time with the covers removed.

All you need to do is to remove seat, both side covers under the seat, fuel tank cover, left side service panel and left side grey cowl together with the pocket.

You can remove/pull the rubber strap horizontally that is connected together with the CDI, hooked onto the metal hook on the fairing stay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

All PAN rider I had created a "SG ST1100/1300 Pan" group.

This group is for sharing pictures of your PAN or anything related to ST PAN for local rider :)

This group is not to complete with others ST group.

It's just a simple SG ST group sharing picture of "ST1100/1300" only or their ST touring experience :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1663757243639566

:cheer:

Phantom TA200 2012, Vara 125 2013 (Betong)

TZR 125 (HatYai) 2013 & 2018 (Tak Bai)

CB400SF PB1 (Danok, HatYai, Yala, Betong and Su-ngai Kolok) 2014

CB400SF PB1 Iron Butt SaddleSore 1600k 25th Feb 2015

NT650V Deuville (Pattani) (Solo SG-MY-TH-LS)

ST1100 Pan 3 mountain ride in 24hr , MHS 1864 2017

http://tripdrive.blogspot.sg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently got my 16yo ST1100Y Pan. After doing a full service, it works like a charm. Beast of an engine, very strong n powerful.

I just wanted to ask to replace the CDI, does it matter which year the bike is made? For example, Is it possible to use a CDI from a '99 ST to use on a '00 ST?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I recently got my 16yo ST1100Y Pan. After doing a full service, it works like a charm. Beast of an engine, very strong n powerful.

I just wanted to ask to replace the CDI, does it matter which year the bike is made? For example, Is it possible to use a CDI from a '99 ST to use on a '00 ST?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I believe for all years the CDI will work...

my 2000 Y model leaked yellow gluey substance for a few years, very hard to clean off and made a mess on the fairing.

Ordered a 95-96' CDI/ECU from ebay(previous owner in Ireland) and put it in, works fine with no problem.

If your current CDI has no issue, save the $$$ for something else I guess?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm looking for a used stock tool set for ST1100. If any of you have any spares or scrapping your bikes soon, do drop me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ R|dE L|kE hELL & y0u'LL bE tHeRe ~

• 1 month later...
Hi. Need tyres for 98' ST1100. Models and price please? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Am currently using BT023 for the last 6-7yrs, they have very good grip, but the price is very steep!

Mine is also going botak soon, will try out the newer T30 model to see how it goes(price is reasonable last checked online ~$370+)