SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

Need some advise, my current 97 ST only left 2yrs of COE...recently discovered bike leaking coolant and engine dripping oil from gear shifter oil seal / gasket...no workshop can give me a definite amount for repair cost but if head gasket blown then at least S$1500....any idea what can be done? I can't sell at such condition unless buyer is keen to take over cheap and repair, bike is hardly ridden prob only once or twice a month on weekend....if anyone got good trustworthy workshop to rebuilt the ST11 at reasonable cost can recommend?

Leaking coolant is quite common for bike our age, normally we're supposed to replace the timing belt + water pump + coolant hoses ~100kkm depending on usage since it's about time and rubber hoses will expand/become brittle. Total cost for timing belt/water pump/hoses comes to about $400-500, which is not too bad if you calculate the years you need to hit that mileage. I'm guessing your leak could be the bypass hose or elbow area under the carbs.

As for oil leaking, get it checked out where the source of the leak is first, if it'll really cost a bomb to fix & the leak is not too bad, then might as well live with it till COE ends.

I normally send my '2000 to MengTong as I've been going back to him since 1996 for all my cl2 bikes. Mine also recently had a small leak only when hot(bypass hose clamp under thermostat housing is bad), need to find time to buy a clamp to fix it myself as I hardly ride & travel alot for work too. I just changed all my hoses/belt/pump 2yrs ago since my COE end 2020 & I intend to ride till scrap :)

Hope you got yours resolved soon. Coolant hose if one brittle rest will due soon. So best change all and the nec cooling system..pump..thermostat etc at one go.

If $400-500 can settle will be great...heard Meng Tong shifted to 19 Genting Road and no more at Kaki Bukit Autobay. Will prob tow down the bike let him handle it since his familiar with ST

just an honest opinion bro, i really think the cost will be way more and for 2 years COE left, i do not think it is worth it at all, unless you wanna renew COE. :)

If $400-500 can settle will be great...heard Meng Tong shifted to 19 Genting Road and no more at Kaki Bukit Autobay. Will prob tow down the bike let him handle it since his familiar with ST

I'm not sure if he shifted recently as I'm overseas for past 2-3weeks. Before I flew out, I went to find him and he was still in kaki bukit, give him or the shop a call to see if he's still there.

I don't have my receipt with me so cannot tell you exact costs, but I believe it should be close to $500 for the water pump/coolant hose, I do provide the timing belt myself though. ASk him to take a look and see if it's worth to repair or just ride it out till expire.

Btw, when I got this 2nd ST in end'11(my 1st owner bike was stolen in JB), I spend ~2-2.5K to do up properly internally so it can last till COE.

Hell if everything still work fine then, I might renew again for 10more yrs :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Anyone selling ST1100, can pm me, thanks

Yes, m considering selling mine.

But dunno what bike to get next, should i sell it off.

Need a sub-10k litre bike to bring me from East to West on daily basis.

Cheers

Because of him the lame walked briskly,

And the songless through him burst into melody.

//////////////////Algazel (1111AD)//////////////////

Yes, m considering selling mine.

But dunno what bike to get next, should i sell it off.

Need a sub-10k litre bike to bring me from East to West on daily basis.

Cheers

My apologies, sales withdrawn.

After a week, wifey wants the bike till the rest of the year.

End of this year then I will sell it.

Cheers

Because of him the lame walked briskly,

And the songless through him burst into melody.

//////////////////Algazel (1111AD)//////////////////

Looking for ST100N 1992 CDI unit.

Please pm me ASAP. Tks..

current bikes: NSR 250 PGM4, HRC CBR 1k & SYM GTS200

Cars :KIA CERATO H/B(05-09)

Bikes:Ypvs 125(90-92),NSR PGM 2(92-93),MBX 125(93-94)

TZr250(94-95),GSXR 400sp(95-98),Aprilia Extrema(96-98), Fireblade 400(98-00),RXZ(98-00),RVF400(00-02), Dalim magma(00-02),RXZ(00-01) Krr150(00-03),R6(02-05),Wave(03-05),125z(03-05),RXZ(08),DRZ SM(06-08)VTR SP1(08-11)Phantom 200(08-10),Fz1s(11-13)

Hi Guys

It is with great pain that I have to do this. Selling my beloved 2001 ST1100Y. COE till Sep 2021.

Accessories include: Goldwing switch, RAM handle mount (for phone, gps), rear seat backrest. New front tyre. New front brake pads.

Mileage 179K. Went touring to Genting only once.

sideview.jpg

This is my 2nd ST. Reason for selling: Just got another bike. Asking $7800.

Interested please Whatsapp at 9068 0058. (note: I seldom login here)

Thanks guys! :)

Edited by mudskipper
just checked one motoring on COE Expiry

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here knows where I can get the Pan European original key blanks? Boon Siew says its out of production already... be it weblink or whatever... Search Ebay also dun have...

Also looking for the rear fender extender if any... already ordered the front extender from Ebay buy rear cant find..

:cool:

Anyone here knows where I can get the Pan European original key blanks? Boon Siew says its out of production already... be it weblink or whatever... Search Ebay also dun have...

Also looking for the rear fender extender if any... already ordered the front extender from Ebay buy rear cant find..

Bro, if you need spare key you can go to Goodluck Locksmith next to Regina (Kelantan Lane). he charge $5. You can test the key on the spot.

Rear fender can get from Ah Boy. The "No Kiss" or the "Ozi" brand... $15 irrc...

Let's just ride....

I AM BACK!!!!!

Thanks... they do have the key blanks but I dunno if its the longer version that our Pan is using or theirs is the US pan shorter key version... & the USPS shipping charge is ridiculous.... haizz..

william, these part numbers are for 2000 st1100Y.

KEY, BLANK (TYPE 1) 35121-MT3-610 (1) -

5 KEY, BLANK (TYPE 1) 35121-MT3-670 (1) (CM,US)

5 KEY, BLANK (TYPE 2) 35122-MT3-670 (1) (CM,US)

www.facebook.com/B2Werkz

Hi Guys, Im currently looking for a ST1100. I new to Class 2 bike and would like to know what is the maintances like / Road tax / Insurance and workshop support. Current driving a car and would want to have a bike for weekend n malaysia touring. Have not been ridding for 10 years. last bike SUPER 4.