SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

Yo guys,

Maintenance cost for ST11. Touring comfort, fuel mileage.

Full servicing will be 4 E.O, 1 oil filter for every 10k, if u want/ have budget u can do 5k change E.O and 10K full service. Air filter and spark plug will be case by case .

Touring comfort = which bike have the comfort like ST beside Goldwing, STX may be FJR

Fuel Consumption for mine will be 17~19km/l (average speed 100km/h on highway and lots of slow moving during peak hour to work)normal riding in Singapore. 15+km/l for NSHW at 160km/h and 17+km/l for 140km/h and 18~20km/l for 100~120km/h. Take note riding habits also a main issue for fuel consumption.

Diff from ST11 and Pan Eruo think will be the alternator. ST11 only have 28amp and Pan Eruo have 40amp.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Cool79@Feb 24 2005, 02:00 PM

i think by then i can sell u my st liao

keekee

mine is FU

cool.. I will be looking forward. Really very gian long distance touring. Most importantly is tour long distance and still feel fresh upon reaching destination, still can go jalan jalan. Thats why I'm looking at ST11

Originally posted by PearlST@Feb 24 2005, 08:25 PM

Riding Preference : Comfy, lots of storage space, 160km/h - 200km/h touring speed, good fuel consumption, low maintenance.Comfy ?? = ST (personally few that extract from your list)

Storage space?? = ST (original side pannier/box...can add top box and still look good) anyway... all also can add box...sides, back, front anywhere u want)

160km/h-200km/hr??? = all of your choice

consumption ??? = ST on NSHW at 160-200km/hr about 17km per litre

low maintain??? = Depend on how u put it

Bikes I'm looking at now : CBR1100XX, CBR 600F4i, K2-K4 600, R6, R1, ST1100.

All are good bike... i personnal like the sitting posture of ST

Advice needed:

Maintenance cost for ST11. Touring comfort, fuel mileage.

DIY and its much cheaper for maintainance

Touring comfort = very comfy

Fuel Consumption is >24km per litre if maintain 120-140km/hr

What is the difference between the normal ST11 and the pan european? I like to get a FT plate ST.. how much am I looking at for current market rate.

Not much different except for some parts + newer and older lor

Now market rate huh.... not sure leh 12k - 15k i think

Thank you so much. Hopefully I can join you guys soon:)

Do join us sooner

2cents from jack on Pearl ST

Maybe I will hang around when you guys are meeting up for kopi session or what, at least I can learn more in a more up front manner. Don't really want to jump into the choice yet. Just want to find out more first because I always have this habit of buying a bike straight after I passed that class..

Originally posted by Demues@Feb 25 2005, 09:07 AM

Maybe I will hang around when you guys are meeting up for kopi session or what, at least I can learn more in a more up front manner. Don't really want to jump into the choice yet. Just want to find out more first because I always have this habit of buying a bike straight after I passed that class..

hi Demues,

yes, u should. :thumb:

u will have our assistance. :smile:

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

Originally posted by Simon Soh@Feb 25 2005, 09:43 AM

hi Demues,

yes, u should. :thumb:

u will have our assistance. :smile:

Hi Simon... always been hearing lots about your trip but never have a chance to tag along.. hopefully after my cl 2 I can join up with you guys

anyway got outing just drop me sms.. 97652216

I'm Jason

Guest william_tcw
Originally posted by Demues@Feb 25 2005, 09:56 AM

Hi Simon... always been hearing lots about your trip but never have a chance to tag along.. hopefully after my cl 2 I can join up with you guys

anyway got outing just drop me sms.. 97652216

I'm Jason

Hello Demue, joining the ST gang instead of Vincent's Birdie club???? Hahaha.. So still hanging out with him?

:spam: :offtopic:

yo immanuel,

U have to unlock it (near pillon foot rest) first then pull towards the rear by using the handle then pull up a bit and push the bottom of the box toward the tyres. that's all......

Yo yusp1,

There no more new backstep in the market now or the near future but it still can be find in Australia, but you still can find it in s'pore but mostly 2nd hand. Alternative u can try your luck at Ah boy or Seng kwang. I will try to look out a second hand for u. And wat is your budget like

Yo yusp1,

There no more new backstep in the market now or the near future but it still can be find in Australia, but you still can find it in s'pore but mostly 2nd hand. Alternative u can try your luck at Ah boy or Seng kwang. I will try to look out a second hand for u. And wat is your budget like

Bro Amen23..thank u kindly..if possible i would like to have e australian type backrest n possibly 2nd hand (cheaper lah) ...do tell me of any findings...

Originally posted by amen23@Feb 25 2005, 11:05 PM

yo immanuel,

U have to unlock it (near pillon foot rest) first then pull towards the rear by using the handle then pull up a bit and push the bottom of the box toward the tyres. that's all......

Yo yusp1,

okok.thks

Originally posted by william_tcw@Feb 25 2005, 10:15 PM

Hello Demue, joining the ST gang instead of Vincent's Birdie club???? Hahaha.. So still hanging out with him?

:spam: :offtopic:

I'm still looking around... Black bird is part of the plan, however I think for the riding posture, ST11 should be better right? Hayabusa still the ultimate if not for its lack of storage...

Guest william_tcw

Posture wise, i guess STX would be even better with the 3 position seat, yet to try though but sport bike / sport tourer like BB, VFR or supersport Busa handles totally different from tourer, so it depends on individual..

:thumb:

Originally posted by Demues@Feb 26 2005, 12:09 PM

I'm still looking around... Black bird is part of the plan, however I think for the riding posture, ST11 should be better right? Hayabusa still the ultimate if not for its lack of storage...

apart from lack of storage, maintaining the chain is also a hassle during long distance touring.

ok need ur advise. got a box and a base plate lookin thing. now i thing need two stick like bracket thingy. any idea got second hand one?

where and price? thanks people :cheeky:

Marauder, FZ150, TW200

Hurricane, CB400 vS

TLR, ST11 TCS/ABS

STX TW200, M400, Runner180

TDM900, ET8

Vespa classic 10" 8"

Z750S, Multistra 620

TUONO R

CB1100EX

Vespa GTS300 Super ABS

Originally posted by Kenneth Lee@Feb 27 2005, 11:13 AM

apart from lack of storage, maintaining the chain is also a hassle during long distance touring.

I fully agreed... beside shaft driven bike... almost all chain bikes suffer from this issue right?

Originally posted by yusp1@Mar 1 2005, 11:34 PM

does anybody know how to adjust e front suspension..mine is abit too soft..whats the right way to do..

it's pre-loaded & fix, no way u can adjust it except rear with 4 level adjuster.

time for u to service it if it's abnormal soft.

Simon Soh

Originally posted by MaximumBiker@Mar 1 2005, 12:30 PM

Hi i just got my beast for abt a month its been great so far... well like to hear more from all u expericenced st riders... :cheeky:

hi Maximumbiker,

yes, it's a ultimate machine to ride if u really apprieciated it. :thumb:

as amen23 said, do dropby to our weekly Wednesday nite at LC. less worry, little or no weight among us with newbie. many has benefited from our experience & envied by other makes. :smile:

our members come from all walks of life from as young as early 20s' to veteranas well as retiree.

Simon Soh

Originally posted by yusp1@Mar 1 2005, 11:34 PM

does anybody know how to adjust e front suspension..mine is abit too soft..whats the right way to do..

Most of Honda bikes have a soft front so what most owners do is change the fork oil to a higher vicosity which will help. As u have just got your bike it best to do a service on it including changing the fork seal so that u have a better handling and worry free....