SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda ST1100

Simon Soh

Originally posted by Cool79@Jan 24 2005, 12:51 AM

amen

dat means i have to remove the whole belly pan to change engine oil????

for the filter

how many screws should i remove????

i saw at go pa there

he onli remove the side a bit opening 4 the filter n the front he never remove le....

but i inexperince to st.... heehee

anyway practice makes perfect:cheer:

either way also can.....some ppl have lots of time to do it, they will remove the whole belly pan..... fast/lazy jobs will be remove the few screw at the side to change oil filter......

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by amen23@Feb 7 2005, 11:53 AM

Hi immanuel,

you can refer to the link below for more info on the beaST.

beaST info

ok thks.i ask u har?which tyres do all of u all use?which is better n which u all prefer.i all the way ride sports bike.so abit blur on tis st11.may sound like a kuku.

how here like no more poeple liao.seems so quiet?

any1 know where 2 get the carbon fiber clutch n brake lever 4 black bird?cos found its cheaper then the orginal.

i try the orginal st 11 wah the clutch so far away.fingers not long enought.n veri tired also.

Originally posted by immanuel@Feb 7 2005, 09:19 PM

how here like no more poeple liao.seems so quiet?

any1 know where 2 get the carbon fiber clutch n brake lever 4 black bird?cos found its cheaper then the orginal.

i try the orginal st 11 wah the clutch so far away.fingers not long enought.n veri tired also.

It's like that one..the clutch level really far until u feel like letting go when u are stuck in the traffic jam..haha..anyway u can change ur levers to those default bikes type...although u still unable to adjust the biting point distance, u will feel much better as the tension is not as tight anymore.. :)

Originally posted by immanuel@Feb 7 2005, 09:17 PM

ok thks.i ask u har?which tyres do all of u all use?which is better n which u all prefer.i all the way ride sports bike.so abit blur on tis st11.may sound like a kuku.

well..guess a number of them will recommend the brand "Dragon"..I personally haven't get the chance to change so can't comment on the tyres... :sweat:

So far I had try ME-Z4 and Dragon GTS. Both have a lower mileage, usually around 20k depends on your riding style and habits. And don't forget it 2 front 1 back, it diff from sport where is 1 front 2 back, it coz most of the weight is at the front. Price is abt $50~$100 diff. ME-Z4 cost around 320~360 and Dragon is 420.

Grap will be good during dry and wet weather for Dragon and ME-Z4 is good on dry road and average on wet road.

Originally posted by immanuel@Feb 6 2005, 11:32 PM

guys i will be getting my st11 soon.any1 can treach me more abt tis bike?like when must do service,wat 2 look after etc.....

hi immanuel,

service interval for ST1100 depends on individual discreet. i service my bike with change of engine oil & oil filter at around 10,000km after 40,000km of life span used.

spark plugs at an interval of every 2-3 times of oil chang depending on performance.

air filter varies, some like it stock some like it K&N... :smile:

before getting a used ST1100 from shop, it should be at reasonably used condition, shouldnt be with new look or any new cosmetic built, else..... :goodluck: inspect for any leaks around the cam area just behine the radiator & lower right side under the foot peg along the final drive-shaft, due to fair wear & tear, some oil seals might given it's way due to entensive handling & poor mantenance by previous owner(s).

hope it helps, need any help just let us know. :smile:

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

hi immanuel,

now commonly using r;

- Dragon

- BT020

- ME-Z4

- Michelin Macadam

- ME33 & ME55

like amen23 said, most of them will suggest pair of Dragon, we also have a strong group of BT020 users, the reccomendation never rest.. :lol:

it all depends on riders' requirement, some wants its high at mileage like me, some like it 'sticky' to... :D

u cant have both at the same time.

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

i ask afew motor tiam.they ask me put black bird levers.which is longer n the clutch side can adjust.so i just 1 2 comfirm wif u guys really can use or nt before i buy.later buy liao cannot use then jialat.if found 1 guy selling per pair of blackbird carbon fibre levers at $45.can consider.

Originally posted by immanuel@Feb 8 2005, 01:04 PM

i ask afew motor tiam.they ask me put black bird levers.which is longer n the clutch side can adjust.so i just 1 2 comfirm wif u guys really can use or nt before i buy.later buy liao cannot use then jialat.if found 1 guy selling per pair of blackbird carbon fibre levers at $45.can consider.

Did not know that black bird lever can fix onto our beaST.... but from wat I know and mostly beaST master world wide know that VFR's lever can be fix onto our beaST. It will help those with reaching problem (meaning it nearer to the handle) but the pressure wise still the same (it help u to train finger muscle) :)

Guest william_tcw

Well, BB or VFR, the lever for honda are mostly universal.

Changing to either will ease the length and at the same time, it is actually easier to pull in the clutch and u will not have a sore finger.... it actually have a pivoting action thus kinda ease off the pressure..

:thumb:

Originally posted by william_tcw@Feb 8 2005, 04:09 PM

Well, BB or VFR, the lever for honda are mostly universal.

Changing to either will ease the length and at the same time, it is actually easier to pull in the clutch and u will not have a sore finger.... it actually have a pivoting action thus kinda ease off the pressure..

:thumb:

s ocomfrim bb n vfr lever can use lah.like tat i go order my bb levers liao.i dnt traffic jam i ride half way my fingers cramp.kekeke

Originally posted by immanuel@Feb 8 2005, 02:47 PM

at last i can feel tis place is alive.the last few days like dead room like tat.:smile:

There are so many beaST maSTer here in the forum...

manna eh si.... no die no die la...

If u view through the previous posting... u will notice that the brothers here

have answered almost all u need to know...

Just repeating agin and again for those questions posted...

We have fixed a weekly meet up on Wednesday at LC Food Center

from 8pm.... Come Join us ....

But hor these 2 weeks might not meet due to CNY

hmmm.... still not know whether u are beaST Keeper bo...

Cheers... see u soon

Yamaha LC125

Yamaha TZR125

Kawasaki KDX200

Suzuki Savage400

Kawasaki Ninja400

Honda Steed 400

Yamaha XJ600

Harley Davidson Hugger883

Yamaha V-Max 1200

Honda ST1100Y P.E

Little Lamb X9

Originally posted by PearlST@Feb 8 2005, 10:34 PM

Cheers... see u soon

my bike i comfirm buy liao.i got it at wing fuat.already gif down payment liao.but i tell him i end of the mth then get fr him.cos my tis bike i already buy the carpark liao.so ride 1st lor.dnt 1 2 waste my $.also gif him enough time 2 do my bike sui sui.cos cny close 4 veri long mah.so dnt 1 2 rush him also.

Originally posted by Simon Soh@Feb 8 2005, 10:14 AM

hi immanuel,

service interval for ST1100 depends on individual discreet. i service my bike with change of engine oil & oil filter at around 10,000km after 40,000km of life span used.

spark plugs at an interval of every 2-3 times of oil chang depending on performance.

air filter varies, some like it stock some like it K&N... :smile:

before getting a used ST1100 from shop, it should be at reasonably used condition, shouldnt be with new look or any new cosmetic built, else..... :goodluck: inspect for any leaks around the cam area just behine the radiator & lower right side under the foot peg along the final drive-shaft, due to fair wear & tear, some oil seals might given it's way due to entensive handling & poor mantenance by previous owner(s).

hope it helps, need any help just let us know. :smile:

thks.i check the condition liao.all still ok.only tat the last owner i thk drop on the right side before.cos the minor got 1 small chip of.then the right side engine guard abit stratch.so he promise 2 touch up sui sui 4 me.then the windscreen abit blur.he say he will polish 4 me also.the rest all ok.i check engine,check 4 leak,check if fork got leak,take out the sit check if frame got bend before 2 check if buang before.all i check liao.no problem.

Originally posted by PearlST@Feb 8 2005, 10:34 PM

Cheers... see u soon

wah.if 1 check back by the time i knw the ans already 6hrs liao.nw days the forum keep on hang leh.then cannot go in.haiz.

Guest william_tcw

Dun need to purposely order the BB lever la. just go any shop and i think they should have spares, otherwise just go FJT to buy lor. Worst case, go Gopa place, sure got ready stock.....

:cheer:

Guest zailin235

Hey guys... relatively new in this "conference room"... well anyway just wanna re-live back the topic of metal rubbing sound at the rear wheel... got the same problem... so made a check... a thorough one and even my mech's could not get to the problem...the simplest thing that i tot in logical terms was the wheel bearing...just some spraying of the grease and walla... only the sound of nice riding.:cheeky:

Guest william_tcw

Well, if it's really the wheel bearing sound, then logical thinking would be the bearing is devoid of lube (probably bearing already worn as well), spraying of grease only temporary relieve the sound. The ideal way would be to removed the wheel, check bearing for sign of wron, replace if required, otherwise, re-apply grease then fit it back....

:cheeky:

Guest zailin235

knew you'd say that... :p ...well the problem started from the washing of my beast at JB... using petrol to take off all the dirt on both wheels... so reaction of that wud be degreasing the greased parts... didnt noticed it after several washings and the prob started to occur only months later...so i reckon got something to do with lubrication. even told my mechs abt it and he said the bearings were fine (during the changing of my tyres)... once the bearings were plainly re lubricated. the sounds went off in a fizzz.... no more irritating squeeking sounds from the wheel. but then i dun really put the probability of bearing wears.... so to all beastmaster, who feels wanna change the bearings... can just do so... needs a true blue faithfull mechs to tell you what can still be used and not only. :sweat: